It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Cult of Mithra infiltrated the Church of Rome

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Here's a little history over just how Mithraism got it's fingers into christianity and how the Rome Church fell into it courtesy of Constantine. Prepare to be shocked...provided you haven't been brainwashed into thinking that truths are lies and lies are truths. Here's your wakeup call.

Roman Catholic Errors

DOGMA

DATE

AD 300
Baptism by immersion changed to affusion (sprinkling).
AD 300
Prayers for the dead. (Against Deuteronomy 18 and Jeremiah 8).
AD 310
Making the sign of the CROSS.
AD 325
Anathema (death) decreed to anyone who adds or changes the creed of faith of Nicea. (See years 1586 & 1560).
AD 370
Council of Laodicea rejects Apocrypha, calls Sabbath observers Judaizers, worthy of death.
AD 375
Veneration of angels and dead saints.
AD 394
The Sacrament of the Mass:
Missa Recitata, Low Mass, priest + 1
Missa Cantata, Sung Mass, priest + 1
Missa Solemnis, High Mass, priest + 2
Missa Pontificalis, Bishop + priest +?
AD 431
The worship of Mary.
AD 431
Mary "Queen of Heaven" (against Jeremiah 7:18, 44:17, 44:25).
AD 431
Mary "ever virgin" (against Mark 6:3, John 2:2-4).
AD 431
Mary "Mediatrix" (against 1 Timothy 2:5, Matthew 11:28, Ecclesiastes 9:6).
AD 500
Priestcraft began to dress in priestly garb.
AD 526
Sacrament of Extreme Unction.
AD 593
Doctrine of Purgatory -- by Gregory (against John 5:24, 1 John 1:7-9, 2:1-2, Romans 8:1).
AD 600
Latin language ONLY language permitted for prayer (against 1 Corinthians 14:9).
AD 709
Kissing the feet of the pope is ordered (against Acts 10:25-26, Revelation 19:10, 22:9).
AD 750
Temporal power of pope declared (against Matthew 4:8-9, 20:25-26, John 18:38).
AD 754
Council of Constantinople ordered removal of all images and abolition of image worship (one of Catholicism's few good moves!).
AD 785
Mary "co-redemptrix" (against Acts 4:12, Psalm 146:5, Hebrews 7:25).
AD 788
Mary "worship" (against Romans 1:25, Jeremiah 42:8, John 7:10).
AD 788
Worship of the cross, relics and images re-authorized (against Exodus 20:4, Deuteronomy 27:15, Psalm 115).
AD 850
Veneration of Joseph, husband of Mary.
AD 965
Baptism of the bells -- ceremony of actually "baptizing" bells to ward off demons and to call the elect to vespers when blessed bells are rung!
AD 995
Canonization of dead saints (against Romans 1:7, 1 Corinthians 1:2).
AD 998
Fasting on Fridays and during Lent (against Matthew 15:11, 1 Corinthians 10:25, 1 Timothy 4:1-8).
AD 1079
Celibacy of priesthood/priestcraft declared (married priests ordered to cast off wives, against 1 Timothy 3:2-5, 3:12, Matthew 8:14-15).
AD 1090
Institution of rosary prayer beads, or "chaplet" (against Matthew 6:7, Deuteronomy 18, Jeremiah 8 -- also Buddhism, Shinto and Islam practice prayer bead counting).
AD 1190
Sale of indulgences (against Ephesians 2:8-10).
AD 1215
Dogma of trans-substantiation declared (against Luke 22:19-20, Mark 13:21, John 6:35, Matthew 24:23-28, 1 Corinthians 11:26 -- this was truly the case of the idiot looking at the finger!).
AD 1215
Confession of sins to priest ordered (against Psalm 51:1-10, Luke 7:48 and 15:21, 1 John 1:8-9).
AD 1220
Adoration of the wafer "host" (matzah adoration! Against John 4:24).
AD 1229
Scriptures forbidden to laymen (against John 5:39, 8:31, 2 Timothy 3:15-17).
AD 1265
Mary's house moved by angel to Lorento, Italy. (As fishy as this smells, I don't think they violated Torah, unless they were lying -- what do you think?).
AD 1287
Scapular protection decreed (brown cloth talisman with picture of virgin packed with tea leaves proclaimed to contain supernatural powers or "virtues" to protect wearer. Sure, like Mary and St. Christopher are omni-present, and can speak and hear you. They're DEAD!).
AD 1414
Chalice forbidden to laity at Communion (a radical distortion of the Passover Seder, the annual remembrance of Yeshua's death).
AD 1439
Dogma of seven sacraments (against Matthew 28:19-20 and 26:26-28).
AD 1439
Purgatory declared valid dogma (against Matthew 25:46, Luke 23:43).
AD 1508
Mary "Mother of God" (against Matthew 12:46-50, Mark 8:19-21, Acts 1:14).
AD 1545
Church tradition equal to scripture (against Matthew 15:6, Mark 7:7-13, Colossians 2:8 -- also ADDS all of above and many other dogma to Council of Nice!).
AD 1560
Creed of pope Pius IV decreed (against Galatians 1:8).
AD 1580
Pope declared to be LORD God (that ought to just about be enough to get some people roasted).
AD 1593
"Ave Maria" adopted.
AD 1710
Stuffed donkey in Verona, Italy, at Church of the Madonna of the Organs, decreed to be the actual animal the Messiah entered Jerusalem on! (This is the idiot looking at the finger again. When I first heard about it, I couldn't stop laughing for hours!)
AD 1854
Immaculate Conception of Virgin Mary (against Romans 3:23, 5:12, Psalm 51:5, Jeremiah 17:9).
AD 1864
Mary proclaimed sinless (against Romans 3:10-19 & 23).
AD 1870
Papal infallibility decreed (against 2 Thessalonians 2:2-12, Revelation 17:1-9, 13:5-8, 18).
AD 1907
All sciences condemned.
AD 1922
Pope declared to be Yeshua the Messiah!
AD 1930
All public schools condemned.
AD 1950
Declaration of the bodily assumption of the Virgin Mary into heaven.

Source

The Two Babylons

Emperor Constantine is the connection which bonded Paganism to the belief in Yeshua the Messiah. Excused as "inculturation," paganism POISONED the message of repentance beyond all recognition.

Constantine made Christianity the Roman State Religion -- but it's form was FAR from anything known to the first Nazarenes. Constantine had to MERGE the multitudes of Pagans -- who were mostly his own soldiers -- with the Nazarene faith in order to control his vast empire. This reconciliation, or MERGER of the Nazarene faith with MITHRAISM produced what we see today as "Christianity" -- in particular the Roman Catholic Church. He made the cross the PRIMARY SYMBOL of this new merger, thus rallying the Pagans around its emotional meaning. Constantine CONFUSED Mithras and the Messiah together, borrowing from the Pagan background of SUN-WORSHIP for every interpretation. Alexander Hislop, in his work The Two Babylons, wrote about this same topic over 100 years ago, and explained how this FUSION occurred with Christianity:

"To conciliate the Pagans to nominal Christianity, Rome, pursuing its usual policy, took measures to get CHRISTIAN and PAGAN festivals amalgamated, and by a complicated but skillful adjustment of the CALENDAR, it was found no difficult matter, in general, to get Paganism and Christianity -- now far sunk in idolatry -- in this as in so many other things, to shake hands."

Constantine adopted the insignia called the "LABARUM" -- a cross with a wreath above it with the Greek letters CHI and RHO inside it. He had it displayed on the shields of his soldiers as the "Christian" emblem to go forth to conquer in. In the Middle Ages the nations of Europe joined forces with the Papacy to launch "crusades," not only against the Moslems in the Middle East, but against the Albigenses and Waldensians in France, independent Christian groups which foreshadowed the Protestant Reformation by several hundred years, and "crusades" against the Jews in Eastern Europe. The Crusades were launched with the marauding murderers wearing large red cruxes emblazoned on their chests. The word "Crusade" refers to this crux. They were sent off by various popes to primarily recapture the holy land from "the infidels." Killing, raping, looting and burning libraries in their path, these thirteen "divine campaigns" defy description. They flung the civilized world into the dark ages -- and made no small contribution to the spread of the Black Death. The "cross" of the Church was bathed in blood from one end of Europe to the other, and in Asia.

The main issue at his Nicene Council in 325 A.D. centered on the date of EASTER, again the most important point in the Pagan mind when the sun crossed the Zodiac at Taurus. Constantine reinvented the meaning behind Easter in order to desolate Passover. He also established the practice of Sun-day worship, superseding the scriptural day of rest -- the Sabbath -- which is the sign that we worship the true Creator -- YEHOVAH God. He claimed the resurrection as the reason for both Easter and Sun-day -- and HE GOT AWAY WITH IT!

edit on 15-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Fight for Yeshua! Fight using the sword and shield he gave you, the Sword of Truth. Fight using the Word.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yeah what I dont get is why so many people dont bother to look things like this up. Most christians I tell about this have no idea and have never heard of mithra.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Yeah what I dont get is why so many people dont bother to look things like this up. Most christians I tell about this have no idea and have never heard of mithra.

It's not that christianity in and of itself is corrupted. The Protestant Reformation moved to counter much of what Catholicism has done, if it wasn't for Peter Waldo and the Waldensies and the French Hugenaughts we would never know what they have done, those people sacrificed their lives to rescue christianity from the Cult of Mithra. Martin Luther started it but he left it to us to finish it. Catholicism is not christianity. Catholicism is Mithraism masquerading as Christianity. Remember Yeshua said we would know false prophets and false disciples by the fruits of their labors.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Don't forget 545 AD. Justinian declared transmigration of the soul a heresy.

In 545 AD, Justinian declared it a heresy to believe in Transmigration. This is after Origen, a Christian philosopher, states that it was what the Bible was saying to us. Since that time, Christianity has thought it to be theologically unsound. I do not take this position. There are many mysteries in the Bible that God leaves for us to find. I believe that transmigration of the soul is one of them.

That SuperiorEd always had good threads and posts. LINK

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Don't forget 545 AD. Justinian declared transmigration of the soul a heresy.

In 545 AD, Justinian declared it a heresy to believe in Transmigration. This is after Origen, a Christian philosopher, states that it was what the Bible was saying to us. Since that time, Christianity has thought it to be theologically unsound. I do not take this position. There are many mysteries in the Bible that God leaves for us to find. I believe that transmigration of the soul is one of them.

That SuperiorEd always had good threads and posts. LINK

Indeed, transmigration is sound and one that should be on the list. Good to see you Ed

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

It's not that christianity in and of itself is corrupted. The Protestant Reformation moved to counter much of what Catholicism has done, if it wasn't for Peter Waldo and the Waldensies and the French Hugenaughts we would never know what they have done, those people sacrificed their lives to rescue christianity from the Cult of Mithra. Martin Luther started it but he left it to us to finish it. Catholicism is not christianity. Catholicism is Mithraism masquerading as Christianity. Remember Yeshua said we would know false prophets and false disciples by the fruits of their labors.

We are the ones that must overcome. The Earth (Egypt) is corrupt. Jesus said the WAY is narrow. The Exoteric dogma and idol worship of the R.C.C. is Exoteric worship. The Essoteric worship is spirituality. Jesus said the path is narrow and straight between. It is my thought that he was speaking of the path through the extremes of improper religious practice. As with all truth, it's a matter of giving or taking. I think that there are Catholic faithful that will be saved and have found truth. The leadership abuses their seat of authority.

Jesus has asked Peter twice now if He loves Him. Peter simply needs to feed the sheep.

The article on Peter in my signature is worth reading.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I think that there are Catholic faithful that will be saved and have found truth. The leadership abuses their seat of authority.

Indeed there are those brave souls who do awaken from their nightmare, some of them go to my church. More will come in the ensuing days to follow, The diseases infesting Rome are coming to light. The thing about lies, is they will always find you out. You cannot hide the truth forever, it will find it's way to the light and shine through the darkness even if it takes 1400 years. The numbers lost due to their doctrines of death at their hands is in the millions, the deaths at their hands cause by the Crusades and Spanish Inquisition is in the millions. If Yeshua isn't angry yet he has got to be getting close to the boiling point.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Good work there, nice to see this pop up today.

You are right on the money here. I realize that you are probably already aware of the info, but I will post it for anyone else curious to investigate this to find the truth for themselves.

Mithraic Mysteries

It states that this cult was very influential in Greece and within Persia.
After Alexander the Great took over Persia, the cult reportedly spread quickly throughout the Hellenic nations.

Mithra is extremely important because he is associated with "Light", and thus compared with the Greek deity Helios and the Roman equivalent Sol Invictus.

The First Council of Nicaea was in 325 ad. This is exactly the same time Mithraism went underground (and wove itself into the original Roman Church).

When the Arian controversy was resolved, the Church officially adopted the Trinitarian position (which is the exact mirror image of the Mithraic cult.) They also set the date for Easter which was an even older ritual set around the Spring Equinox. Canon law was also created at that time.

The worst part about all of this is that many people simply refuse to listen or even consider such things.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I read, oh yeah, somewhere in the www, that there is a secret altar to Mithra somewhere in the bowels of the Vatican. BTW, the SDA church has been exposing RCC error for many years, but not in much depth. I did learn about the Waldensians from them. Theirs is an amazing story.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Pope's are uncool... with their allowances and all.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Oh and check this out, just a funny tidbit I found.

Remember the "Maitreya" stuff that has been going around? It's just the same religion as all of the others for the most part when you really dissect it.

Maitreya wiki

Some have speculated that inspiration for Maitreya may have come from the ancient Indo-Iranian deity Mithra. The primary comparison between the two characters appears to be the similarity of their names. According to a book entitled The Religion of the Iranian Peoples, "No one who has studied the Zoroastrian doctrine of the Saoshyants or the coming saviour-prophets can fail to see their resemblance to the future Maitreya.[2]

Paul Williams claims that some Zoroastrian ideas like Saoshyant influenced the beliefs about Maitreya, such as "expectations of a heavenly helper, the need to opt for positive righteousness, the future millennium, and universal salvation".

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The First Council of Nicaea was in 325 ad. This is exactly the same time Mithraism went underground (and wove itself into the original Roman Church).

Well contemporary modern historians would have you think that it fizzled out and just died, but it didn't. If you compare Mithraism with Catholicism it is a mirror match. I think the war with the Waldensies, and the French Hugenaughts happened because they stumbled onto the truth and they broke away and protestantism's roots dug in. Peter Waldo was making copies of the Textus Receptus as fast as he could before the Church of Rome could rewrite the bible in it's own image and destroy the real scriptures.

It was like Mithraism just disappeared overnight which is not kosher.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Also Mithra is typically considered equivalent to Buddha Śākyamuni according to this information.

In the Greco-Buddhist art of Gandhara, in the first centuries CE in northern India, Maitreya was the most popular figure to be represented, together with the Buddha Śākyamuni. In China, in the 4th–6th Centuries "Buddhist artisans used the names Shakyamuni and Maitreya interchangeably... indicating both that the distinction between the two had not yet been drawn and that their respective iconographies had not yet been firmly set"

So in this instance, Mithra and Buddha Śākyamuni are difficult to distinguish until later on as time progressed, as early on they were virtually identical in their depictions.

People really need to investigate how this connects with other religions such as Buddhism and Zoroastrianism, etc.

Of course the OP was talking about how Mithra infiltrated Christianity, but at the same time we should take a look at how Mithra influenced and directed the course of most other major world religions (as they are all connected to the same source religion).

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Pope's are uncool... with their allowances and all.

Look at it this way. The Pope has all the titles and power of Caesar, willed to the Papacy by the last Caesar upon his death so this makes the Pope a King, but not just any king but a King of Kings because thats what an Emperor is. Now, not only is the Pope a King of Kings, he is also the highest priest of "the holy priesthood" (Order of Melchezdek) which makes him the High priest of the Order of Melchizidek. So in essence with that alone he is saying he is Yeshua with just his titles and power and stature. Thats blasphemy.

Add this ontop of the list in the OP.

He has Antichrist and probably "False Prophet" written on him, he is one of them. So, the Son of Perdition may be a Pope and could be the last Pope Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman) who is "prophecied" to be the last Pope according to the St. Malachy prophecies.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
I read, oh yeah, somewhere in the www, that there is a secret altar to Mithra somewhere in the bowels of the Vatican. BTW, the SDA church has been exposing RCC error for many years, but not in much depth. I did learn about the Waldensians from them. Theirs is an amazing story.

The SDA's have been infiltrated by Jesuits, the SDA Remnants are what you should be looking at. I do believe too that we should be having sabbath on the true day and not sunday but try as i might i cannot get any preachers to listen to me even though i clearly pointed out that Yeshua never changed the Sabbath and nowhere in the bible will you find that he did such a thing.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

understandable... I wanna act like Jesus myself

you now turn over tables and all that jazz... I can't believe the Catholics are allowed indulgences of sin!

I just learned about that here,.. is that really how they pervert the truth and try to maintain their hold on Jesus?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Here is the wiki on Christian Heresy which hopefully people will investigate.

There were many groups of heretics, and if one investigates their belief system closely you will realize they weren't so bad and just simply believed a different version of Christianity than the Church was pushing. Hardly anything worth calling the inquisition.

I linked to the First Ecumenical Council (Nicaea) above.

Here are more links for the reader's pleasure:

Second Ecumenical Council
"First Council of Constantinople".

Third Ecumenical Council
"First Council of Ephesus".

Fourth Ecumenical Council
"Council of Chalcedon".

Fifth Ecumenical Council
"Second Council of Constantinople".

Sixth Ecumenical Council
"Third Council of Constantinople".

Seventh Ecumenical Council
"Second Council of Nicaea".

Fourth Council of Constantinople

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thanks Muzz... that'll be good reading for tonight.

I save the Enoch for tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

The SDA's have been infiltrated by Jesuits, the SDA Remnants are what you should be looking at. I do believe too that we should be having sabbath on the true day and not sunday but try as i might i cannot get any preachers to listen to me even though i clerly pointed out that Yeshua never changed the Sabbath and nowhere in the bible will you find that he did such a thing.

Here is the wiki on Seventh Day Adventism which is actually really interesting. All of the break away and sub-groups that came from this movement can be difficult to track since they are so numerous.

Did you know that the "Branch Davidians" who were killed at Waco with David Koresh, were actually considered as an offshoot of the SDA movement?
edit on 15-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join