It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sonic boom UK UFO

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
reply to post by tommyjo

Yes....you'd have at least thought they could have shopped the sky to actually look something like the conditions on the day.

Good grief! So none of the eye witnesses actually saw the Typhoons circle and intercept the Gazelle helicopter?

Donna Bunton took the image that you are claiming is photoshopped.

Donna Bunton, from Shoscombe, near Bath, saw one of the Typhoon jets tailing the helicopter - before snapping the dramatic scene on her camera. "I then saw this helicopter, with the jet tailing it. It was so low you could see its triangle shape. "The Typhoon was swaying behind it from side to side - I have never seen anything like it before. "I went inside to grab my camera, then took a quick picture as it was flying off."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

What about all the other eye-witnesses that saw the Typhoons intercept the helicopter? I know, I know you are a die hard conspiracy theorist and they were all Gooberment plants!

You'll be telling me next that the radio enthusiasts over on Fighter Control didn't intercept the voice communications from the Typhoons as they identified and passed the registration back to their ground control?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
No however I'd believe there are people on here who believe anything they are told by the MOD no matter how much rubbish they make up. The chances are, they went supersonic over the land chasing nothing in particular at all. Given that and given they could face law suits over it they are going to make up any old bollocks to cover their back sides.

Fact, the sky in the Button pics just happens to be totally different to every other photo published AT THE TIME, not after. The weather whole the whole of the south of the country was perfect bright sunny sky and had she taken the pics as she said she did one of both craft would have been brightly lit. AT THE TIME not one person reported seeing anything resembling a helicopter in the sky over the Bath area, the reports were all "after the fact" convenient that.

AT THE TIME several photos were uploaded BEFORE the MOD had made a statement some of which looked suspiciously like our old friends the "Bunch of Mylar balloons".

So, all the actual contemporary witnesses said.... no helicopter at all, but a couple of "weird" objects seen in the sky. After the fact a quite obviously cropped photo of totally different weather conditions is touted as evidence for the MOD's take on what happened and by pure chance the so called helicopter just happens to be an ex military one wearing a livery that is still used by the RAF.

Conclusion, they fecked it up chasing nothing in particular and in order to avoid answering difficult questions, concocted a story about some specious chopper sending out the wrong signal. They quite possibly , later that evening sent up another couple of planes and their own chopper and made sure someone took the "right pictures". Nowt to do with UFOs, loads to do with worrying about law suits for possible damage done by the sonic boom.
edit on 23-7-2012 by FireMoon because: spelling

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Yep the utter madness of the conspiracy theorist!

Oldfield Rugby Club posted a picture of the drama on Twitter, saying: “Camera scrambled as Fighter jet pulls away from helicopter over Shoscombe, not best picture but WOW it was amazing see!“ Sean Whyte from Bath said one jet had flown as low as 2,000ft over Weston and Odd Down in pursuit of the helicopter. “The jet was weaving around the helicopter as if to warn it off. The noise was incredible.”

www.thisisbath.co.uk...

Not hard to track down the person that you claim has photoshopped the image. Will you be contacting her to inform her that she didn't witness the Typhoon intercept the helicopter nor take the picture?

www.pitchero.com...

www.pitchero.com...

What about the other eyewitness, Sean Whyte from Bath? I know, I know they were all gooberment invented people and the helicopter never existed! You will be telling me next that they both work in the Ministry of Defence and the Rugby website was created as a front so that she could make her claim on Twitter.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Fact.,.... if you were stick pins in the map of England over the places it was most stupid to create a sonic boom the pilots in this case scored an outer bull. The boom itself was less than 20 miles from one of the few truly active faults in this country. i should know I remember the last time it caused an earthquake. Not only that, the area the sonic boom was over is literally riddled with old quarries and long disused and often forgotten mine workings pertaining to both coal and iron. In many cases towns, villages and in my own case, part of my city, are built on areas they really never have should have been. In the aftermath of this incident the MOD would have been literally crapping themselves, with half an eye on every geological station in the area, fingers crossed, the boom didn't cause some kind of, quite possibly, major disaster.

It was perfectly possible that, part of some quiet Oxfordshire/Warwickshire village had disappeared into some long forgotten mine working in the wake of that boom. So you ask would the MOD go to pretty long lengths to make summat up to cover their backsides? You bet they would.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

is touted as evidence for the MOD's take on what happened and by pure chance the so called helicopter just happens to be an ex military one wearing a livery that is still used by the RAF.

Good grief. I told you Stu! The die-hard conspircy mind at work! The Gazelle helicopter is ex-Royal Navy. Is the livery still used by the RAF? Seriously? These are simple, simple facts that are easily checked and why you fail as a conspiracy theorist. Notice that the helicopter is wearing the markings of the Royal Navy Black Sharks helicopter display team. If the helicopter was ex-RAF then will you care to explain why RAF training helicopters don't carry the red and white scheme? Ask yourself why that scheme was abandoned a very long time ago. When you find the current training colour scheme you will find the answer. I'll let you find it yourself. Something that you should have done before posting your conspiracy reply.

XW853 when it was in military service and part of the Royal Navy Black Sharks.

www.airliners.net...

www.helis.com...

It costs money to repaint a helicopter and when the Gazelles were retired and sold they retained their training livery. Some private operators chose to retain the red and white color scheme with the military markings removed. JCM Disposals have been selling the ex Royal Navy and RAF Gazelles since 2002. The Gazelle involved was first registered on the civilian market on 2003.

www.jcm-uk.co.uk...

This is the Gazelle helicopter pictured in 2009 in private hands. It was then registered as G-SWWM and was later registered as G-IBNH. Still wearing ex-Royal Navy training livery with the military serial and roundels removed. As I stated before some private owners liked the red and white paint scheme and chose to retain it.

www.flightglobal.com...

www.flightglobal.com...

Full history of the Gazelle including owners when G-SWWM and later G-IBNH.

www.caa.co.uk...

G-SWWM was first registered on 06/05/2003.

Still in the ex-military livery minus the national military markings and serial.

www.caa.co.uk...

www.caa.co.uk...

Photographed in March 2012 when the registration was in transition from G-SWWM.

'G-IBNH Temporary taped on registration. Registered 07/12/11 ex G-SWWM/XW853. The previous registration G-SWWM still worn on the underside.'

www.planepictures.net...

Conclusion, they fecked it up chasing nothing in particular and in order to avoid answering difficult questions, concocted a story about some specious chopper sending out the wrong signal. They quite possibly , later that evening sent up another couple of planes and their own chopper and made sure someone took the "right pictures". Nowt to do with UFOs, loads to do with worrying about law suits for possible damage done by the sonic boom.

The madness of the die-hard conspiracy theorist continues. So they just sent up a couple more Typhoons and yet nobody noticed? RAF Coningsby with its dedicated Ministry of Defence Aircraft enthusiast viewing areas and yet none of the enthusiasts there noted the movements or departures?

www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk...

Would you like to correspond with one of the enthusiasts that noted the QRA scramble on that day?

milky01.co.uk...

Would you like to inform the members of the aviation enthusiast community along with the enthusiasts at RAF Coningsby that they missed the departure of your mysterious 'extra Typhoons'?

www.fightercontrol.co.uk...

If your continued theory isn't mad enough they included a helicopter Pilot that had already been in the news and investigated by the Civilian Aviation Authority for air safety violations and also a well know ex-jockey and race horse owner! Just getting out of bed must be an every day conspiracy theory for you?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.bournemouthecho.co.uk...

See it is great playing the die-hard conspiracy theorist, but you fail miserably when you start creating fantasy tales to twist the story to suit your version of events.

edit on 23-7-2012 by tommyjo because: additional info added

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So, absolutely nothing new to say at all..

www.airshows.org.uk...

homepage.ntlworld.com...

www.sa341gazelle.co.uk...

Gazelles in the colours of some British military display team

If the picture of the Typhoon and the gazelle had been the typhoon and some *object* the same people falling over themselves follow the MOD's party line would be now screaming,. "It's cropped !!!!! show us the whole photo"... "The weather and the light in that photo is completely and totally different to every last contemporary photo taken at the time"...but hey ho.... you carry on believing a bunch of proven serial liars, I'm sure it makes you feel better about life.

Ask yourself this..... I know it requires actually thinking for yourself ,but try it. Why did the Mail print the other picture we know 100% was taken at the time against the one the MOD claim was? This would be the Mail, who despite being on message on politics with the current regime aren't anywhere near as such when it comes to UFOs. Just maybe they were making a quiet point about the story they were virtually forced to publish?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
So, absolutely nothing new to say at all..

www.airshows.org.uk...

homepage.ntlworld.com...

www.sa341gazelle.co.uk...

Gazelles in the colours of some British military display team

Ask yourself when those Gazelle images were taken? You do realise that the first image is from 2005? Would you care to show me a Gazelle in RAF or Royal Navy service still in military service with those exact same colours during 2012? Remember the key words here is RAF or Royal Navy service.

Your claim is that the RAF sent up one of their Gazelles and it they were caught out because it was still wearing its military livery.

The RAF retired its Gazelles in 1997. The Royal Navy also retired its red and white marked Gazelles during the late 1990s. The last Gazelles in Royal Marines/Royal Navy service was the camouflaged Gazelle AH1s and they went in 2005.

www.pprune.org...

'31 Aug 1997 - The Gazelle HT3 training helicopter was retired from RAF service.'

www.raf.mod.uk...

Now this is yet another example of how a little bit of aviation knowledge completly debunks your theory and your presentation of your Gazelle 'evidence' images.

Take a good look at your 'evidence' from 2005

www.airshows.org.uk...

Note the serial XZ934 and see following registration G-CBSI

Same Gazelle pictured in 2011.

www.abpic.co.uk...

As well as two ex-Royal Air Force Gazelles (still sporting military colours and serials) there was also a civilian registered ex-Royal Navy Gazelle HT.2 on show, complete with shark markings on its tail, indicating that it was once a mount of the "Sharks" helicopter display team.

www.airshows.co.uk...

Has it sunk in yet? You do realise that private owners of retired military aircraft and helicopters can still operate them in their full military colours with military serials?

Note XZ934

www.demobbed.org.uk...

www.airliners.net...

In certain cases exemptions to Article 10 are granted for aircraft to fly without bearing UK nationality and registration marks. The CAA Aircraft Registration section policy is only to exempt aircraft which display historically accurate military liveries and marks. The exemption is usually issued for a period of three years and should be renewed on expiry if the aircraft is to remain in those markings

www.caa.co.uk...

I'll reply to your further questions on my next post.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Keep talking to yourself I'm sure you really do believe the rubbish the MOD spout .

Fact.... For 3 hours the MOD were apparently, totally unaware that 2 of their tiny remaining cadre of fighters for home defence, were emergency scrambled to chase something over Bath.

Fact.. the only contemporary tweets non of them talked about seeing a helicopter we only have the MOD's word about the ones you are so desperate to believe in.

Fact, at the time the Typhoons were scrambled, the sky was bright blue from horizon to horizon across the whole of southern Britain and yet somehow someone managed to take photos of a typhoon and a gazelle under totally different weather conditions and I suspect about 2 hours later. The photos are then cropped, probably to hide the gathering gloom around sunset.

Fact... on several UFO forums the moment the MOD story about the helicopter was released about a dozen people posted something along the lines of the following "You want to bet that helicopter just so happens, by pure chance, to be of a make the British military use?"

In other words, those of us with long and deep experience of how these things go, knew straight off, how the MOD would go about explaining it away, cos they really aren't very bright or original at this sort of thing.

Fact the Daily Mail, whilst obviously being forced to tow the line over the incident made it plain to anyone who was bothering to look that,. this wasn't as simple as the MOD were making out, by publishing the other photograph which makes it patently to clear to anyone with a half functioning brain, that the "official" photograph was filmed under totally different lighting conditions and possibly different weather.

I could go further about some of the "characters" background, involved with this case, only it would be unfair on the owners of this forum to do so. if you want to put the legwork in do so, most interesting who happens to be supplying the MOD with their alibi. Pure coincidence of course.
and the MOD have never ever used exactly the same tactic before at all.

edit on 23-7-2012 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2012 by FireMoon because: spelling

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You are trying to compare two images taken in different places at different times. You also can't from the image of the Gazelle and Typhoon know the conditions that the image was taken. Was it a point and shoot against the light and the camera underexposed? Is the image representative of the true light conditions? The image of the Typhoon and Gazelle was taken at Shoscombe which is some 7 miles away from Bath.

The images from Neil Denny were taken in Bath. At the time I questioned the photographers camera time set up and received the reply that is was 20 minutes fast. The first image would have been taken at 1830 local. Neil Denny has the image time as 1850.

pinterest.com...

www.flickr.com...

Perhaps you would like to contact the Martin Perrett from the helicopter and get his version of events? It was just a figment of his imagination that his Gazelle was buffeted by the slipstream of the intercepting Typhoon?

Contact details of Martin Perrett

www.bucklandnewtonhire.co.uk...

All you have done is create this now massive conspiracy theory in your own fantasy driven mind. Quite funny to read and shows how the conspiracy driven mind works. So all the named people on board the helicopter are just an invention in your mind. Correct? How about race horse owner or his son and daughter?

'Anthony Knott, 47, daughter, Katie, 21, and son, Lewis, 27'

www.thisisdorset.co.uk...

You'll be telling me next that all those listed people will be mysteriously bumped off! Oh the mind of a die-hard conspiracy theorist. This is why I jump into ATS now and again to see the utter madness that is exhibited and the lengths that a conspiracy believer will take things to. Some times better than the Comedy Channel!

edit on 23-7-2012 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

edit on 23-7-2012 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This happened I can assure all you readers this definitely happened though if you take time too investigate read up more the pilot of helicopter at the time swears he never hit any distress button, has nota clue why one jet come around him & he also had previous years experience in military so he knows he was very experienced & disciplined and wouldn’t make anything up .. the other thing to remember is and it’s forgotten… the second fighter jet patrolled the ufo the massive sock shaped object which was absolutely gigantic high up way on the stratosphere over Colerne all the time whilst the focus or drama was with Helicopter, so it was definitely distraction tactics .. a reply to: stumason

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join