It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sonic boom UK UFO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I know the UK is working on a secret drone aircraft at the moment and they have been testing it but i dont think they usually fly it that far inland. its more on the coast.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i was in ohio when something went overhead. there is a post for it here. and here is the link http://​www.abovetopsecret.com/​forum/thread829689/pg1

not sure if these could be connected. ours happened from 5:55p.m. est and stopped abrubptly at 6p.m.est. would like to find out what this all was is.

and this is from my facebook page:

Doug Tinsley

Did anyone else hear what sounded like a super loud jet around 6:00 today.sounded like it was very close but couldent see it.crazy.

Like · · Thursday at 11:01pm near Columbus, OH ·

David Wharton KC-135 tankers out of Rickenbacher fly over at about 2,500ft sometimes when returning to the field. THOSE sum bitches is LOUD, even when you can't see them.
Yesterday at 6:00am · Like.

Doug Tinsley Dont know.you should have heard this.the house shook.me and rich were outside talking and you could here this coming like you were rite next to it.
Yesterday at 8:43am · Like.

Zeke Brown It was a squatch. Yup it was a squatch.....
18 hours ago · Like · 1.

Richard Courtney that squatch sounded like the shuttle launching. should be able to catch and find. btw, same thing was reported in san diego yesterday at 9 a.m. with nothing visible. so far the air force has denied any aircraft in the area. wtf?? so i guess that makes the delaware sherrif a big #ing liar, as he was quoted as saying he had confirmation from the air force it was an f-15. i knew the was b.s. you dont hang around wright patterson as a kid, go to countless air shows and not know what a freaking f-15, a stealth fighter or transport sounds like. if you ever heard the space shuttle launch than you know what we heard.
3 hours ago · Like.

Doug Tinsley I dont know what it was but I do know that was crazy #.it was haulin ass what ever it was.
3 hours ago · Like.

Richard Courtney so far no one has come up with anything. and i have a site where i can show you where the air force is denying it was military. they are saying there where no military crafts in the area at that time. also pilots will be grounded if they break sound barrier over populated area. im still digging dude.
3 hours ago · Like.

Doug Tinsley It wasent just us looking for it.other people in the neighbor hood came out of there house and were looking to.i dont think it sounded like a jet I have ever heard.it was kind of scarry quite honestly
3 hours ago · Like.

Richard Courtney i was looking for the nuclear missile. thought a nuke war was starting. also the headlines all say boom. it wasnt a boom, it was a steady, rocket lift off sounding lasting for at least 2 to 5 minutes. here is the san diego report. notice it says boom but the people in comments arent describing a boom. they are describing about the same as we heard. http://​www.nbcsandiego.com/news/​local/​Mystery-Sound-San-Diego-Son​ic-Boom-Quake--147325965.h​tml

What Was That Mystery Sound?
www.nbcsandiego.com
San Diegans felt it, they heard it, so what as it?..

3 hours ago · Like · .

Richard Courtney also in the u.k., at the same time 6 p.m. est, the same thing was heard. here is 10 tv site on it. notice the comments after article, everyone knows they are lying about what it could be. always gotta be treating us like #ing mushrooms. www.10tv.com...​content/stories/2012/04/12/​delaware-sonic-boom-jet-pro​mpt-hundreds-of-questions.​html and here is the story about the u.k. www.bbc.co.uk...​uk-england-17697328

Sonic Boom, Jet Prompt Hundreds Of Questions
www.10tv.com
A loud noise heard near Delaware and Marion counties has residents concerned. Read more...

2 hours ago · Like · .

Richard Courtney and here is the site where i am trying to find answers http://​www.abovetopsecret.com/​forum/thread829689/pg1 and here is the military and faa saying it was not any of theirs. www.10tv.com...​content/stories/2012/04/13/​columbus-cause-of-boom-stil​l-up-in-air.html

Sonic Boom heard in Central Ohio, page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com..

2 hours ago · Like · .

Richard Courtney could have been my first ufo, if we could have seen anything. its not like it was cloudy either. it was a clear, blue sky day. at least as clear as can be for ohio.
2 hours ago · Like.

Richard Courtney interesting comment i thought. I was at a driving range out in the boonies just west of Columbus when it passed over. There were maybe 20 people there. Wide open view of the sky. Nobody saw it. Have a nephew in the Air Force. Sent him an email. Mystery to him, too. Wife was on the front porch. She said she it was loud enough she thought it was going to crash.
2 hours ago · Like.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

First time for everything then, the Sun reporting the "truth", lol..

That would be me doing the ripping, because something as mundane as a couple of Typhoons being scrambled due to an inadvertent transponder error has generated this discussion where quite a few seem to think this is something extraordinary, when it isn't.

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I know the UK is working on a secret drone aircraft at the moment and they have been testing it but i dont think they usually fly it that far inland. its more on the coast.

Of the UCAV's I am aware of, none can break the sound barrier. Even the Yanks RQ-170 stealth drone is subsonic, as far as can be told, as it doesn't have an enormous powerplant. The UK has Corax (and some others...) but again, they cannot break the sound barrier.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hi-res shots of the unidentified object over Bath found here with EXIF.

According to the camera operator, he managed to set the camera on a tripod for this final shot.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Hardfelt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardfelt

Doesn't show much of anything, like all "UFO" shots..

Plus, what this guy said underneath made me cringe at his stupidity...

The story is that the typhoon jets were dispatched to assist a helicopter that had released a distress signal.

I have not got a clue what a distress signal looks like if, indeed, it is a physical thing at all.

Did he really say that? I despair, I really do.....The "story" is that the Helo entered the wrong transponder code. I would be very surprised if he had a picture of that
edit on 14/4/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Hardfelt

Doesn't show much of anything, like all "UFO" shots..

Agreed. Though I presume the object is of significant size and considerable height given that the cameraman has the lens set at full zoom. I read elsewhere that the Met Bureau indicated that no weather balloon had been released that would account for the object. Your thoughts as to what it may be?
edit on 14-4-2012 by Hardfelt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
better source than the sun in the closed thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
better source than the sun in the closed thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ah, the same as I unearthed above it would seem. And well that they remain in this open thread then, (for what they are worth).

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
A similar sounding incident, that happened last Sunday, is being reported by ex-pats on the Costa del Sol.

Source

A NUMBER of expats have come forward to claim that a series of low-flying military jets that awoke the Costa del Sol may have been chasing a UFO.

The residents of Benahavis and Estepona – where a trio of fighter jets undertook their mysterious 5am sortie on Easter Sunday – believe that the planes may have been tailing an “alien craft”. While the authorities refused to comment on the incident, the Olive Press has been inundated with calls and emails from concerned residents.

One British reader, who asked to remain anonymous, told the paper this weekend: “It was terrifying. They were clearly tailing this strange-looking craft. “I cannot describe what it was, but it was long and thin and had flashing lights. It was definitely not a plane or helicopter. “It made a very strange sound and moved slowly before suddenly shooting off at top speed.” Her neighbour Alison Woods, who is married to a former RAF engineer, added: “It was a eerily humming sound, nothing I have ever witnessed before. “We have lived on various RAF bases in UK and abroad. It was the most bizarre sound, not easy to explain.” Another revealed that when he had reported the strange goings on to police, they had acted “suspiciously”.

The incident came just days before another mystery incident over Bath, in the UK, where locals claim to have seen a long thin-shaped craft chased by military jets. The Olive Press is now investigating if there could be any links between the two apparent UFO sightings.

edit on 14-4-2012 by HotblackDesiato because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2012 by HotblackDesiato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
LOL @ the nay sayers, if its not a UFO (unidentified flying object) what is it???

looks like a UFO to me

One of those rods/snakes/plasma things.....we already know they're up in the atmosphere, this one got a little to close to home for the RAFs liking...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
soz but yeah if they have a report of a hijacking then they r going to give permission to go supersonic,i,ve been on this website for a while now and when i first came on it i believed there was a million things that couldn,t be explained.......now reading and seeing so many of the vids,pic and comments my believe has wained,its this ufo is here,this is coming out the sun......ufo incoming from blah blah......i still believe that we,r not alone and theres things that we can,t explain but these things happen once in a millenium if not longer.....the overload of ufos coming from sun or ufos coming in from outer space and crap like that has really dented my believes especially when its just some1 looking to see if they can really fool people,things were real then it certainly woudn,t be the same people posting video after video.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

edit on 14-4-2012 by Paulos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead

Looks like a big old sky penis. If we get invaded by them then it is going to be bad times ahead.

Its Doctor Evil. Lets call Austin Powers.

That looks like a big ..........

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I've been trying to find comments from other witnesses for the last few hours. Here's one that really caught my attention, on a forum for aircraft pilots and enthusiasts. The thread subject was the sonic boom heard as the Typhoon jets raced to get to the helicopter:

"Funny that, the fire crews parked up at the end of my drive waiting for their control to give them directions of where to go to a suspected explosion in the area following numerous reports of the bangs dont normally go out for thunder. I understand that its all over the news now.

The firecrews left a shortwhile ago - They said that the fire control had told them to stand down as the controller had been told that two Typhoons had been launched to intecept a jet that was supersonic at low level and was not known to the military"

Interesting, right?

Did we just get a glimpse of what really happened here? Some information unfiltered by the MOD's spokes-people?

FORUM LINK

EDIT:

The helicopter in question has been identified as a Gazelle, and a couple of forums named this particular Gazelle: Photo of Gazelle

The tail number is mentioned visiting Aintree (Racecourse) that day. What a jolly jaunt!

edit on 14-4-2012 by TheTruthinessHurts because: Added Gazelle identification

edit on 14-4-2012 by TheTruthinessHurts because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2012 by TheTruthinessHurts because: Added Gazelle's visit to Aintree

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

Hahaha

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
more news, which imo only intensifys the mystry, the pilot didnt even know anything about the emergency signal. he didnt know anything untill he could see ONE jet 200 meters from him. the jet circled twice, comunicated with the helicoptor then went off. now if this was so seriouse that 2 jets had permision to break the sounds barrier over land I dont think a simple "are you been hijacked" "errr no" over the radio would do it. imagine if a plane was hijacked, jets intercept, radio the cockpit and they claim no we are not been hijacked. oh ok we will will leave you to it and off tey fly???? I dont think so!

A racehorse owner in the helicopter that mistakenly triggered a hijack response by two Typhoon jets was told they were lucky to be alive. Anthony Knott, 47, of Dorset, was flying home on Thursday. When the helicopter sent a distress signal the jets were scrambled leading to a sonic boom across central England. "The pilot said we were lucky to be alive," said Mr Knott who was told the helicopter survived the turbulence from the jets because it was ex-military. "It was like being in Top Gun or something," he told BBC News. "All of a sudden this plane came from underneath us. The turbulence sucked us round 30 degrees and the pilot said we were lucky to be alive." The helicopter was flying over the Cotswolds near Bath when it was intercepted.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The plane passed by the helicopter two more times communicating with the helicopter pilot before flying away, according to Mr Knott. He said he did not know anything about the emergency signal and had not been able to hear the communication between the two pilots. He added: "Our pilot was just in shock. He was quite angry and when we landed he went off to find out why it had happened."

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
if you read the reports from the last few days they mention........

A spokesman said the frequency was only used when an aircraft was in particular trouble, such as a hijacking. He said the aircraft were already on their way to the helicopter by the time the helicopter pilot realised he was transmitting on the wrong frequency and switched to the correct one.

www.bbc.co.uk...

but if you read my post above the pilot didnt have a clue what was going on!! an was still very angre when he landed wanting to know what had happened.

I call bull# on the helicoptor story, I think they was chasing "something else" and the helicoptor that happened to be there was fitted into the "offical" story

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

the bae taranis might be that fast its spec has not yet been released but it looks pretty quick

www.baesystems.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
A series of photos here and a photo of the jets "intercepting" the object here

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Am a Liverpool fan so I won't be touching The Sun, but yeah, I still think something went down that day and maybe we'll get more information as time passes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join