It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts Real Or Not ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Many films,books & comics have been made about ghosts over the years,sightings in most
countries on earth & various papers & investigations done to find out if they are real or not.

Are they a part of the human mind playing tricks on us when we are most vulnerable or sensitive ?

Not all sightings can be fake can they ?
Not all pictures can be fake right ?

I was a non-believer until i had my own experience a few years ago,since then i've seen
& heard things that i can't explain.

The first ghost i saw was whats known as "the hatman"

www.parahauntnews.com...

It stood at the end of my bed for about a minute or so then just vanished,i was fully awake & have gone
over every possible senario but the funny thing is...i wasn't scared,i just slowly went back to sleep.

what do you think ghosts are ?
A figment of the human mind or something more.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhynouk

Well, I have seen one, and as someone who's artistic skills are limited to stick figures, my mind is not capable of "imagining" what I saw.

Here's the thread I posted about it a few years back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9/4/12 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rhynouk

yes there is real ghost as you mention but they suggest you that you are not sleep but in the reality you sleep.i have before over many years any kind of nightmares and someday i was study the circumstance.by every nightmare when i was weak up i was looking the clocktime it was allways between 1 and 3 o'clock in the night and it was absolut no wind outside and no noice except some insects but no car no dog or other animal was to hear,it was absolut deathly silence.so the circumstance after all nightmares was allways the same.my theorie is that some ghost exist in the microcosmos and can enter your body when you sleep by special circumstances to the breathing air (nose mouth) and after this going over the bloodvessel inside your brain and create the vision or nightmare. hey sorry about my english is not the best,never mind
)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Ghosts Real Or Not ?,

VERY REAL. I'd invite you to spend a few days and experience some spooky activities but I'm not going to invite people over the internet like that. All I can say is .. my whole life I've lived in haunted houses and even worked in a few haunted buildings. Spooks are everywhere. Just pay attention ... you'll notice them ... and once you notice them, they'll notice that you notice them .... really.
edit on 4/9/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rhynouk

I don't know, but I think it is more likely the ETH is real than ghosts being real.

I think I saw a ghost once, but I can't be sure. I was a kid and I hid under the blankets afterwards.
edit on 9-4-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I've been think of making a thread like this for a while but ATS can be a harsh place to post sometimes.
It's hard explaining to people who haven't had any experiences that they are indeed real & people see them on a daily basis.

We've all seen the pictures & think wow creepy,but in the back of your mind your thinking is this fake ?

I can sense when something is around me even during the day,not physical but a sort of energy thats watching you all the time.
The one thing that does get on my nerves is the way the media treat ghosts & the paranormal,it's at the end of the news with the ghostbusters music playing & the news presenters laughing.

It's a huge subject that doesn't get taken seriously sadly.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Not real in my experience.The deep subconscious mind is a lot more powerful than most people realise,witness it's power when producing stigmata which are real and are something we can actually see and touch.
Ghosts are conjured up in the part of the brain we have no direct control over or proper access to,hence their apparent appearance in the "real" world to us.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rhynouk

i believe in ghosts. here are some footages, i collected:
Ghost videos

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hey buddy

I do have an open mind for ghosts. Even though I have been witness to some paranormal things in my house (with friends) and the other times I have seen something, was on a empty factory. Very scary place to be, even in the summer when there was a lot of sunshine, there were still this aura over the place, that seemed haunted.

But on the other hand, I still try to explain the things that happens, as normal as I can.
I'm not jumping on the Ghost-wagon everytime someone tells me a story about it.

I think you are on the same line as I am.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
My thoughts.

With a science background, and also photography as a semi-professional hobby (I make money and am internationally known for my work but it's not my full time day job) I have a great understanding of physics and how cameras work. At least 99% of photos with supposed ghosts in them I can debunk easily just based on my basic knowledge and understanding of how cameras and film work and why certain defects have occurred that people blame on ghosts, in images.

As far as people seeing things with their own eyes I have noticed most people who claim this have said they were children when it happened. Some people liken it to children having a "sixth sense" or being more sensitive to the paranormal, I liken it to children having an over-active imagination. I was a kid too, long ago. I remember sleeping at my grandparent's house when I was about 5 or 6 years old one night and in the middle of the night in the darkness I thought I saw a skull on the wall and thought it was a demon or ghost or something because it appeared to be moving and staring at me. I freaked out and screamed, grandma came running and flicked on the lights. It turned out to only be a camouflage hunting hat my grandfather had hanging on the wall (he was an avid hunter.) The light portions of the camo pattern somehow confused my young eyes to look like a skull or face with the moonlight from the window in my bedroom glinting on it. Although young, I realized from that moment on that I did have an overactive imagination because I was a child. I guess some people just never realize that once they grow up, even.

As far as other personal experiences, I have experienced a lot of weird things with the house I just bought. One thing immediately upon moving in was constant banging noise on the backside of our house. We freaked out a little bit. We couldn't figure out what it was for awhile. It would happen randomly, sometimes once per hour or sometimes not at all. It sounded like someone was hitting the back of our house with a sledgehammer in different spots, never the same spot and we have a big house. Eventually, I discovered it was our big deck on the back of the house that goes the whole length of the house. It was expanding and contracting because of the winter weather, and it was especially loud and frequent whenever it had ice and snow on it. So it was making loud banging noises where it was attached to the house. As soon as the warmer weather came and stayed, the noises stopped.

We also experienced the same noises, but sounded like it was coming from the attic. We had a contractor determine it was just normal house settling, which happens.

There are a few things that have happened that I can't quite explain yet. One morning I was in bed, and heard a loud banging noise downstairs, it sounded just like a door slamming shut. I ran downstairs to see if there was an intruder (I was the only one home.) Nobody, and all doors were open. I then heard the same noise coming from upstairs, once I was downstairs. I ran upstairs, and the same. No one there, and all doors were open. I'm still trying to find an explanation. I think it might be our heater, it's a gas-boiler and when it kicks on, it makes a loud banging noise when the gas gets ignited. But it is downstairs, not upstairs, so it doesn't explain the upstairs slamming noise, just the one I heard downstairs.

My wife has told me she has heard whispering noises that sounded like someone talking while she was taking a bath. Not sure as I didn't hear it, I'm thinking maybe air bubbles in the pipes or something.

Our cat stares into space when he's downstairs, looks all around like he sees something. I have a feeling it might just be dust floating in the air that his enhanced vision can see easily, the downstairs (finished basement BTW) is very dusty. Or it could be bugs crawling around, he finds the smallest bugs and kills the, bugs we never see. He's an amazing cat.

One more thing, off hand. When I was in our garage one day, I was the only one home and in it. It sounded like someone ran up behind me, but when I turned around, no one was there. It sounded just like someone with shoes running on the concrete floor. Weird. Hasn't happened since, and I will never be able to explain it, I think.

Other than those things, I'm not much of a believer in ghosts or the paranormal. I want to believe, because I think it would be fun being a ghost when I'm dead and going around scaring people for fun. Heh.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by rhynouk

Well, I have seen one, and as someone who's artistic skills are limited to stick figures, my mind is not capable of "imagining" what I saw.

Here's the thread I posted about it a few years back.

edit on 9/4/12 by NuclearPaul because: typo

But yet i bet you have vivid dreams from time to time eh?? I can pretty much only draw stick figures myself, but yet my dreams can be as vivid as real life and so can hallucinations during sleep paralysis.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Personally, I think that as science progresses in the field of quantum physics, we'll begin to have a better understanding of ghosts.

Do I think ghosts exist? Yes, but I have no first hand proof. Just have to go on what those near me have experienced, and since I know them to be truthful and reliable, I do believe they experienced something.

The interpratation of the experience may be open to debate, but the experience was real.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Would you mind sharing your personal experiences? Thanks.

2nd line

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I dont know really what to think about ghosts.... ive had some experiences but why are they all so fleeting.

I mean why are they all so brief? like a quick sound, a glimse of something out of the corner of your eye, a feeling or a touch. Why dont they keep things going when they get your attention?

Why not say, here i am, this is why i am here and this and what i want.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Yes, they exist. I've seen several full body apparitions and had one heck of a night in a graveyard one Halloween. Had my name called, and I've been tapped on the shoulder countless times. Also, I have a picture of my dead cat. No matrixing, you can see her whole body, and there is an orb emenating from her torso. Recently, my dog died and his mother had passed a couple of years ago. I took a picture just a couple of weeks ago and caught a double orb. They are together in spirit now....so comforting. Also got a photo of a strange animal shaped mist the other day in my recliner on top of some pillows. I took numerous photos after to try and debunk it but it has yet to show up again.

Why does mainstream science ignore this world of uncomprehensible physics? Because if ghosts are real, then Jesus was right, there is life after death, and we all know what science thinks about that. They will never admit to the paranormal being anything more than silly stories because that would mean all the "experts" were wrong.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brett
I dont know really what to think about ghosts.... ive had some experiences but why are they all so fleeting.

I mean why are they all so brief? like a quick sound, a glimse of something out of the corner of your eye, a feeling or a touch. Why dont they keep things going when they get your attention?

Why not say, here i am, this is why i am here and this and what i want.

They speak, but it takes a lot of energy to manifest. And just as in life, some spirits are stronger than others. You can hear them with a digital recorder but I don't recommend it unless you have experienced people with you. Never contact spirits alone.....ever.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have had a strong belief in ghosts since I was a kid. When I was really young my parents sheltered me from pretty much anything they thought was inappropriate for a child to hear, until one day when I was nine years old.

My great grandfather had been dead for a couple of months and my family was out visiting his home community where alot of the family lives. I was out in his barn with my cousin of the same age just fartin around and making a mess when all of a sudden we both heard our great grandfathers voice yell out "get the hell out of my barn" and we both ran off freaking out. Only then did through telling my aunt about it did I hear about ghosts for the first time.
I'm 29 years old now and through other experiences I have had throughout my life there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that ghosts are real.

I tell every single person I talk to that is either bit skeptical that no matter what you believe, your mind can be changed pretty damn quickly, it only takes one good experience to see that there is something more to the world we know.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I have had a few really wierd paranormal experiences dealing with ghosts that have led me to believe they have to be real. Most recently I did an investigation of an old house(the people living there knew I had a background in videography and were hoping I would capture something). A lot of wierd things happened there over the course of several months. I'll post a full thread on that when I get my post count high enough to do so..

Among the things I observed were kitchen cabinets slamming and the fridge door opening on its own, a feeling of being watched in one of the rooms, temperature dropping to freezing in certain spots in a particular room(especially after one of the occupants started provoking whatever was in the house), a rotten smell in a particular spot that wasn't there before and only lasted a few minutes, footsteps heard in an upstairs room(high heels in particular, and there were no females in the house at the time), the sound of boxes moving. They left me alone for a few hours to go to their classes at their University, and the toilet upstairs near the room flushed itself(I almost soiled myself when that happened). In the basement I was with another occupant of the house and we did an EVP where we were trying to provoke something to respond. It was completely silent for several minutes, and then I mentioned how nothing was happening and in the corner of the room a knocking started(the knock had different tones and each knock happened at different time interval(no consistency). When I loudly said that sound could be something electrical, we started hearing metal being knocked on in the same corner(when the occupant provoked, the knock would grow louder).

I have seen a full body apparition once when I was younger, and once lived in an apartment where you could not walk in the dark without feeling like something was always watching you. When I moved to my new apartment, that feeling was gone and I can freely walk the apartment in the dark without needing to turn lights on.

I also worked on a documentary about ghosts in Toronto. In one location I was alone filming and experienced the feeling of someone over my shoulder watching me(I was up in a lighthouse, everyone else was outside taking pictures and talking to a city worker about the site). In another location, something passed through me, and I had the most sickening feeling in the world(it was like a crushing feeling of guilt mixed with wanting to throw up badly). At the same time, my camera(running on a fresh new battery), died.

So given these experiences, I've come to believe that yes, ghosts are very real.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have had one experience that i know happened .

I was in sixth grade my friend from school stayed over. The next day me her and my brother were watching what lies beneath.. after the movie we were pretty shook up ... I had wrote on a piece a paper "i was here" and thats when it all got started...

i dont remember exactly how i started playing my etch a sketch but i think i put it down and noticed like 10 mins later it was drawn on... my brother and my friend said it was not them so we shake it up put in the corner and cover the top with a piece a paper we waited like 5 mins ... i walked over grabed it and waited to look till i was back over with them. i looked and again it was drawn on so we did it again... this time my brother went and got it ... from where were sitting there was no way any of us could have messed with it without one of us seeing.. so i decided to put in my closet close the door.. it worked so i decided to write on a piece of paper ... i used a marker first question was
"are you mad"
yes or no
closed the door went sat down next to them waited and then went to grab the paper ran back to them and looked yes was circled... it seemed like a game it was fun so i asked another question
"do you want to hurt us"
yes or no
my brother went and got it this time.. no was circled... i decided to ask if was my grandma( i have never met her but she was murder so i thought maybe it was her... i asked "are you my grandma " yes or no
my answer was no..
next we asked what his name was ... .i got the initials j.g. ... then the last question i asked was how old .. my answer was 13 ... it stopped answering questions after that .... my mom was home after like the first few question i ran into my moms room and told her i would swear on the bible and she told my i was lying so i didn't talk about to her no more... It was so werid and scary at the same time..

couple weeks after i was watching t.v. and i just herd a sigh ... and a walmart bag on the floor sounded like it got kicked i asked my mom if she was just in my room she said no..

i haven't had anything like this happen to me again.

'

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by loooping8

I had a ghost that stayed with me from age 6 to age 16. At that age it started slowly showing up less frequently before it finally left me altogether at age 21. So, if I was asleep all that time, I missed all my "fun" years!

Here is my thread where I and other people have posted all kinds of paranormal experiences:

edit on 4/12/2012 by sled735 because: Add link

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join