It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sky Sounds.... I just heard it too!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I just got back from dropping my grandson off at pre-school. One of his teachers heard it too. She described it pretty much the same way. Take a jet plane add a freight train and howling wind together. She lives +10 miles from me.

Someone who was not used to the sound of jets or airplanes would've easily dismissed it as a plane, except for the duration of it.

If it was something that was moving, based on the reports of where it has been heard, it would have been moving in a South Westerly direction.
edit on 4/5/2012 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: to add

UPDATE:

I just found this, but I'm not buying into it for a number of reasons:

1. The article was posted AFTER the alleged flights
2. The comments indicate that these were F-15's. C-5A's fly over my house all the time. I know the difference in sound, and C-5A's are louder. The sound I heard was far louder than a C-5A
3. The alleged takeoff of these was 15 minutes prior to when I heard the sound (according to the comments made from some readers).
4. The base from which these fighter jets took off is + 10 miles North Easterly of me.
5. I have confirmed other people hearing the same sound I heard at 6am +10 miles Southwesterly of me. The math does not compute, and I am not mistaken about the time (I checked the clock).
edit on 4/5/2012 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: update

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

Ok,

If it was overcast at 0600 and they we taking off using afterburners, then there may be reason for the noise you heard. Morning sounds seem to amplify in cloudy conditions.

Still stay aware and report any new sounds. I am hopeful that it really is only fighter engine noise. If it continues though, then start to worry....

Sirric

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Here is the thing, they sky was crystal clear. No clouds. None. It's really cloudy now though.

Here is the SATRAD for my area today. You can clearly see that the clouds did not move in until well after 6am.

Now combine my last update with this:

"They are practicing for the air show"....that is from a friend of mine who is on that base.

When you combine the "news" released saying F15 were flying out of a different base, and this is certainly looks like a cover up in progress, because they conflict with each other.

Trust me, I have lived here 6 years. I know the difference in sound between an F15 fighter jet and a C5A. It was neither of these.

My boyfriend lives in the direct path of Bradley International Airport, so I know the difference in sound between commercial aircraft and military aircraft. Maybe "they" can convince the rest of the public, but I am telling you, this is unlike anything I have ever heard.

edit on 4/5/2012 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: added SATRAD info

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I believe you.

I too have heard god awful howling of "jet engine" where I live and have had to chalk it up to F-14 testing as that was the only answer I could believe.

But yes, scary, loud and shaking ground sounds from everywhere for 5 minutes is not normal and should be looked at for a reason. The cover story is quite suspicious and does not explain 5 minutes of God awful noise.

Be well and keep vigilant.

Sirric

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Heyy threesisters im from eastern mass and heard the "freight train and jets" sound a few months ago, along with a few flashes. The thing is it lasted almost 45 minutes with a few stops between. I live near a little airport with little cessna's and helicopters so i know those sounds. Also a while back when the shoe bomber happened some f-16s or something flew over for all of 6 seconds, so unless 500 flew by in a line... Yeah. We arent too close per say but in the bigger scheme we are. So the mystery continues.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
My nephew (who lives downstairs) and my son just got home from school.

My nephew did not hear it, he was blasting his MP3 player. But he did FEEL it.It caused him to walk sideways.

My son described what he heard just slightly differently (remember, I have prosthetic bones in my ear) than I. He said it sounded like "a medieval war horn", so a bit more metallic than what I heard, and a bit less "jet engine roar", and a lot of the kids at school heard and felt it. My son says it was described like jet engines, or "war horns", but lasting a really long time with no ebb and flow, and stopping abruptly.

The mystery continues. At this point I'm hoping it happens again so that I can record it!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh
reply to post by sirric

Trust me, I have lived here 6 years. I know the difference in sound between an F15 fighter jet and a C5A. It was neither of these.

My boyfriend lives in the direct path of Bradley International Airport, so I know the difference in sound between commercial aircraft and military aircraft. Maybe "they" can convince the rest of the public, but I am telling you, this is unlike anything I have ever heard.

edit on 4/5/2012 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: added SATRAD info

I have heard both the booms a few days ago, and the strange sounds. I'm in Western NC. I have posted in a few threads about it.
I did not believe it either after a thread exposed people for using the same exact recording. I KNEW that particularly strange grinding metal scary dimension sound was fake...

...until I heard it.

For me it lasted about 20 minutes. It faded in and out a little like something that was further away. It sounded like a jet that was flying in circles over my house or something, but the pitch of that part of the sound stayed the same(no dopplar effect). But there was also the metal sounding thing and also it sounded like when I meditate and start going down a tunnel. Like almost trumpety but more like something big is about to happen in a movie.

My human instincts told me: "This is not a drill! Run! Hide! Something!... Dude you're not moving this isn't good!"
And I was like, "hey instincts it's late and dark outside, and nothing happens ever so I'm fine."

I still have a creepy feeling about it though.

I am pretty much deaf in my left ear from the Army and cholesteatoma so I cannot tell directions on sounds either. It sucks when someone calls your name on the street and you look silly turning in circles trying to find them.

edit on 4/5/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

He said it sounded like "a medieval war horn", so a bit more metallic than what I heard, and a bit less "jet engine roar"

YES.. This... I think me and him heard the same thing.

My pet theory is that we are hearing the Shift into a higher energy state. One that the mayans knew of. I think everything else is a distraction..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
We have had * sounds* where I live too....

1075zoofm.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

I am pretty much deaf in my left ear from the Army and cholesteatoma so I cannot tell directions on sounds either. It sucks when someone calls your name on the street and you look silly turning in circles trying to find them.

The two prosthetic bones in my ear are there because I too had a cholesteatoma. They had to rebuild my eardrum, ear canal and replace 2 of the three bones. I lost 1/2 my mastoid, I can relate. I was fortunate enough to regain 90% of the hearing that I have in my left ear, which due to damage from other causes, leaves me with about 70% of normal hearing with both ears.

The ear with the prosthesis has a constant high pitched ringing, which for some reason, has increased in pitch for the last few days (and is still continuing). So what I heard had to be pretty loud to make it "painfully loud" for me.

Around here, for the moment, the "accepted" cause for most people is the F-15's. I'm still not buying it.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So they are starting up again. There has to be a pattern here. I know there is... Gonna have to do some digging.

I want to hear this for myself. There have been a few here in N Ireland so fingers crossed.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I heard it also for the first time about 4 days ago. I didn't bother to post because I figured nobody would believe me. It was really strange sound I cant even describe it, but it only lasted about 20 seconds. It could of been going on longer that's when I just noticed it when I went outside to put the car in the garage. When I heard it I froze and stood still and looked up in the sky because like all the other sounds I thought it was coming from the sky. Then it stopped and I couldn't believe that I actually got to hear what everyone thinks is a hoax. So I believe you.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Springfield is the next town over from me.

Biome of Gaia Matrix:

www.geometryofplace.com...

Disclaimer: I have no idea, really, but I stumbled on this site awhile back and thought it was all interesting. Springfield is direct line South of Shelbourne Falls. I have not read this guy's book, but maybe he's on to something.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The explanation to this phenomenon can be found in the link in my signature.

(ok that was shameless self-promotion
)

I haven't had the "strange sky sound" here, unless you're referring to loud booms as well.

A number of weeks ago a massive boom erupted in my town. It sounded and felt like cannon ball hit my house. Some ceiling tiles in the basement even got knocked out.

Explanation was an EQ but we rarely ever have EQ's around here. And this definitely was not rumbling... it was like a blast

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
We have had * sounds* where I live too....

1075zoofm.com...

Wth? If I hear that I am running for the hills to dig a bunker.. This is all getting me really nervous that the earth is going to shake, rattle and roll in a big way soon.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I live on the other side of Massachusetts so of course I didn't hear anything but I really wanna hear what this sound sounds like. I might **** a brick but I wanna hear it for myself. Hopefully if it's over a city as big as Boston and it happens a lot of people would have heard it and recorded it. But don't let that article fool you I don't believe anything nowadays especially since it was posted 2 hours after these alleged test flights. Wouldn't they have posted it the night before? Seems pretty odd. If it doesn't make sense it's not true.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ok seriously i dont buy that... i live in Westfield and i heard nothing..it would of woke me up if that was the case. I think its a cover up plain and simple.. they are just trying to make everyone believe something tangible. Its CRAP!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Even if it was jets at the airbase taking off (and I don't think so) what the heck is going on that they have to leave earlier in the morning than usual, and you have five whole long minutes of them blasting off, one after another, after another? I've lived near airbases also, and it's usually just 2 guys going on maneuvers in pairs, one right after the other. Loud, yeah, but unmistakeably military jets and you get a clear Doppler effect as they take off.

That newspaper article reads like pure disinfo, and it took two reporters to misspell 'roll' instead of 'role'

I'd also like to point out, totally OT, that the price of housing in Amherst as shown in that newspaper clip is outrageous! Half a million for an average house?! Geebus, you can buy a nice place on Maui for that!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Did the noise sound like the one we heard???

(Turn up the volume--you can first hear it at .17 sec into it) Even though we heard it for a little while before and about an hour after that. It would come and go..something between thunder and metallic sounding..with a slight humming. and NO IT WAS NOT A TRAIN!!!!!! The train went flying by and we heard this noise long before and long after the train had gone. At first we heard this very loud sound like thunder...very, very loud thunder and the window in our house shook..then we ran and got the flip video...the noise would come and go off and on so we didn't video the whole occurrence. It was so random..since it was cold outside we just gave it up and came in..it was really weird..and like others said we were not the only ones that heard it..people we know up to 5 miles away heard it too.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm in Rhode Island. Does anyone know if there have been reports in my state? These noises are being heard in so many places it's rather scary. What the heck is causing these sounds????? A lot of theories and speculation, but no one really has an answer.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
They are going on right now in Northern Cherokee County, GA. I have heard them a few times before tonight, but this is different. It is an extremely loud pulsating hum. Radar is clear for 50 miles or so, bright moonlit sky with no cloud cover. It was loud enough that I could hear ot over the TV and my wife in the shower.
While we have all heard it before, prior it was a sound like loud thinder that would drag on for 15 minutes or longer. This is rythmic, pulsating about every 3-5 seconds, getting very loud but not enough to shake the house. Our dogs were silent but others in the neighborhood are going bonkers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join