It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sky Sounds.... I just heard it too!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

Since they are having an airshow then it could have been a Raptor practicing or a B-1 or B-2. When the B-2 turns its engines away from you, you will not hear it at all but when it has those suckers aimed at you its loud as hell.

I would have had the coolest video ever of the B-2 Stealth bomber but I did not have a camera and it got on me to quick to grab one. It did a training run, low level run up the river my parents live on. I heard a slight engine wine that I knew could only be an Air Force plane and boom there it was flying right by so close I waved to the pilot lol. They flew every twist and turn like they were going to bomb something, then when they got out of the normal commercial air traffic lanes they turned and climbed heading north and out of sight.

So some asshat at Tampa International told them they could not take off from McDill and head up the east coast of the U.S., the B-2 crew said stuff it and they just went under all the incoming air traffic lol.

www.youtube.com... This is what makes us safe and also makes the noises you describe. 15 B-52 bombers in under 9 minutes take off from the same runway.

I have been to the Loring SAC base in Mane that was sadly shut down, It had two of these runways and they could launch two B-52s side by side so 30 could be airborne in way under 9 minutes as the crews sat in the planes back then during their shift.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Here's a way out there thought.
A cloaked aircraft carrier. (the sky version)
They've been in several movies and are supposed to be the stuff of science fiction,
but you never know what could be possible.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

I heard the same thing two weeks ago and about a month before that. I live in northwest Georgia, about 50 miles from the closest air base (Dobbins ARB). So I would rule out the F-35 engine test scenario as what I heard. I heard it about 5 A.M.

So OP, no you aren't crazy, lots of people are hearing these sounds. I think most just chalk them up to noise pollution, or are afraid to say anything, for fear of being thought of as crazy. But I'm not really worried about that, cause everyone thinks I'm crazy already. LOL.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This will be on topic for the OP, but not for anyone else. Just skip over if you wish.

Originally posted by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

The two prosthetic bones in my ear are there because I too had a cholesteatoma. They had to rebuild my eardrum, ear canal and replace 2 of the three bones. I lost 1/2 my mastoid, I can relate. I was fortunate enough to regain 90% of the hearing that I have in my left ear, which due to damage from other causes, leaves me with about 70% of normal hearing with both ears.

The ear with the prosthesis has a constant high pitched ringing, which for some reason, has increased in pitch for the last few days (and is still continuing). So what I heard had to be pretty loud to make it "painfully loud" for me.

I get that too. I have nothing added in to my ear. At UNC they said it was one of the worst they had seen. I don't have insurance, but they did get the cholesteatoma out, and I am missing quite a bit of mastoid as well.

They did two ops to get it all out. The second op was supposed to be implants. I have no ear left inside. My balance is off.. They said my nerves were ok though, since I can hear through my mastoid, just not my ear..

I wonder If it's worth trying to get pieces put back in.. I can hear ok as long as I can see the person talking.

ON TOPIC..

We are going through massive changes. My theories on this Transition, change, month to month.. Mainly I feel it as something spiritual that will change all of us. There is a (I think cherokee) quote that goes something like:

"NOW is like a flowing River. There are those who would hold onto the shore. The shore is crumbling. Let go of the Shore, and Flow with the current. There are those who would hold onto the shore, the shore is crumbling. Don't look back at those people. Look at the people in the River with you, and Rejoice, that you all have made it."

that was insanely paraphrased. But the message is the same.

We need to go into the future with these changes. We need to be honest. Threads like this one ARE honest.

~Dusty

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Actually, that was an "excuse" that was given. I sincerely doubt that it was "practice for the air show" since the air show isn't until late June. The friend of mine that was given this explanation is the epitome of the word sheeple. Suffice it to say that this person could not fight her way out of a wet paper sack with a machete. She will believe anything you tell her, and will believe anything that an Army Commander tells her, no matter what (that's really scary).

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by georgiaboy

It's funny.

Some of the most level headed posts end up saying:

People think I am crazy...

This scares me a little

Originally posted by georgiaboy
So OP, no you aren't crazy, lots of people are hearing these sounds. I think most just chalk them up to noise pollution, or are afraid to say anything, for fear of being thought of as crazy. But I'm not really worried about that, cause everyone thinks I'm crazy already. LOL.

edit on 4/5/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

I checked, no jet engine in the yard.

No, but it could have been a jet engine being tested. I used to be in the USAF and believe, me , those tests are loud and can sound very much like the sky noises people are reporting.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd

space station just went over me at your exact timing

dont worry though i heard it 2 nights ago, only 1, i mean i heard 2 and after the first one i stoped to see if i could hear another one and did, then spent the reast of the night trying to hear one again lol.

and then came noises as if LARGE pieces of metal were bashing against eachother, it was wierd

(light bulb goes off like nuclear detonation) Ummm.... I'd give you a cigar but that isn't P.C. anymore.

Wow... I've been thinking for awhile now about how the areas of Earth this is happening on at any given time may align to a certain part of the sky and in space...as in a source of some energy or something else natural or not that we're experiencing.

The virtual opposite never occurred to me. I never thought about looking BACK from above to see....what is going OVERHEAD of these areas...as in, in orbit....while these are going on?? Different altitudes mean different speeds right? Orbits change so different areas all over the world and patterns wouldn't even emerge if that possibility hadn't occurred to anyone to look for. It sure hadn't me...and I haven't seen it mentioned.

-- OP, sorry if this isn't straight to your thread? Things just kinda came together in reading that post and other things recently for how this would explain things...at least a fair % of it...and so well, too.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Do you live close to any railroad tracks?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
There are two things that really bug me about how people are treating me (that know me):

1. They act like I am ignorant, and most of them know that I am not. I'm usually the voice of reason, so I guess when they see me freaking out there really has to be something wrong with ME.

2. They believe the EXCUSES they are given despite the fact that a good portion of them heard the same thing, despite the fact that there has been a host of complete weirdness going on for the past year. It's almost like they forget the tornado that ripped through here last June that was on the ground for an hour and 10 minutes and carving a path 1/2 mile wide for 39 miles, or October 29 snow storm that shut several cities and states down for a week, and the FACT that we had 70 and 80 degree weather in MARCH. But they don't seem to believe ME.

The weirdness around here should be NORMAL.

I don't care what people think about me, I really don't. Right now I am lovingly dubbed the "crazy sound lady". I'm embracing it.

There is something very strange about the sound and the vibration. After sitting down for a few minutes with my youngest son, and listening to him describe not only what he heard, but what he felt. The sound itself was weird enough, but it made your whole body vibrate, almost as if it was coming from inside. There was no location for the sound except within, and UP.

I'm wondering of the people that have responding saying that they have heard similar sounds if they felt that as well.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

For what it's worth, I don't doubt you a bit and didn't from the OP. This subject has taken more than any other over the last few months in researching and internet trawling for information that fits or helps explain this. There is one thing that the various people I've talked to privately say about these and it's that it's as much or MORE felt than it is heard. Almost as if the sound, as described, is just confirming the source of what the physical sensation is.

I'm with you. It doesn't matter what people say or try with debunking what they weren't there to hear. One doesn't need to believe in the ocean to get wet if thrown off the side of a ship. It just is....just like these seem to be.

Whatever it turns out as, I haven't even had the personal experience of what I've spent so many nights focused on. Perhaps that's for the best.... Not everyone hearing these things think it's neat. You certainly seem less than thrilled to have had the experience. It sure isn't slowing down though.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Not everyone hearing these things think it's neat. You certainly seem less than thrilled to have had the experience. It sure isn't slowing down though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid of what it may turn out to be. I am actually very interested in whatever "it" is. The thing is that it was completely surreal.

What "scares" me is how it made me feel, physically and emotionally.

Now, I am not one who fears. I learned a long time ago to let go of fear in all it's forms (not an easy road, but one that was worth the blessings that it has brought). I haven't had a nightmare in years, and I find myself pursuing paths that most would not dare go down. Not being afraid has brought me a sense of peace, and has allowed me to open to many things that I thought were unattainable.

This sound made me feel fear. A fear so intense that it seemed to take over every other sense and emotion and every amount of reason that I have. Others have expressed that same sensation: a sense of feeling like they need to RUN...to get away from whatever this was, intense and primal fear. Seeing my son so wide eyed and scared, made me curious and it was the desire to find a reason that made me go outside. When I got outside, when my foot felt the earth vibrating below me, I felt something like a shockwave of fear. Then I went to get my cellphone to see if i could record it (reason steps in) and it abruptly ended, but the "fear" did not.

I know should it occur again (and I sense that it will) I hope that I will be more curious than fearful, and return to my normal self. At the very least, I will know what to expect.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Do you live close to any railroad tracks?

Yes I do, and I know what a train sounds like when it goes by, as they go by quite often.

I cannot tell you what it was. I can with 100% surety tell you what it was not:

It was not a howling wind.

It was not a C-5A or an F-15 or any other jet engine that I have ever heard, and the sound was heard for at least a 10 mile radius, so it most certainly was not an "engine test".

It was not a train. Because of the way the tracks are around here, the trains are required to blow their whistles.

It was not the water treatment plant just across the river from me venting. Although the sound is loud, it is very distinct, and I have lived hear for 6 years, and I am familiar with the sound.

It was not thunder. I am a huge fan of summer lightning and thunder storms and I love them. Again a sound I am familiar with and actually look forward to.

But if you took all those sounds and put them together (minus the train whistle) and made them last for five minutes, and multiply the volume five times, you would be "close" to the sound I heard. There is still something missing that makes this sound very distinct.

So, no, not a train.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd

space station just went over me at your exact timing

dont worry though i heard it 2 nights ago, only 1, i mean i heard 2 and after the first one i stoped to see if i could hear another one and did, then spent the reast of the night trying to hear one again lol.

and then came noises as if LARGE pieces of metal were bashing against eachother, it was wierd

(light bulb goes off like nuclear detonation) Ummm.... I'd give you a cigar but that isn't P.C. anymore.

Wow... I've been thinking for awhile now about how the areas of Earth this is happening on at any given time may align to a certain part of the sky and in space...as in a source of some energy or something else natural or not that we're experiencing.

The virtual opposite never occurred to me. I never thought about looking BACK from above to see....what is going OVERHEAD of these areas...as in, in orbit....while these are going on?? Different altitudes mean different speeds right? Orbits change so different areas all over the world and patterns wouldn't even emerge if that possibility hadn't occurred to anyone to look for. It sure hadn't me...and I haven't seen it mentioned.

-- OP, sorry if this isn't straight to your thread? Things just kinda came together in reading that post and other things recently for how this would explain things...at least a fair % of it...and so well, too.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

No...

Just No...

I can't wait till you hear the sound too.

Space things in orbit (read satellites) do not "Rub" against the atmosphere all that much.. Why would these things make sound??

I DO NOT think you guys realize how weird this sound IS.
I was in the Army and heard all types of aircraft, and shelling, and tanks, and other... things.

THIS IS not that...

I enjoy your posts wrabbit. You are missing something though. I was trusted to launch Missiles... This is not NORMAL...

I saw the Osprey flying when it was officially grounded, due to the deaths. I am from NC...

Unless... You can show me how a space station makes audible sound... If it is the case and the times match then I'll stop talking. But does the Space Station only fly over the eastern US in a Polar orbit??

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Well, I'll be the first to say I'm out of my depth and way into guess mode for things the public only gets told about in the vaguest terms...but I wasn't thinking the ISS or accidental causes from orbiting satellites. I'm still wondering in either the context of something new coming from a point in space or satellites...is there any energy that would go through our atmosphere and then translate to sound when it gets into the low, dense air? There are a large number of 'black' satellites from a variety of nations and unless I'm mistaken, details aren't really available for everything they do or are designed to do.

Sounds like you have real world experience to some degree and I imagine others definitely would for whether that is possible. Any form of transmission / energy / reflected (HAARP) beams precisely back down from outside the atmosphere turning into this? Anything even theoretical? Or is the whole idea a total dead end?

My predominant and pet theory is still enormous ships. Either airship drones (which would explain the endless droning noise....then cut off to total silence in so many examples) or something entirely new we haven't even got glimpses of in the public... I hadn't even heard of nuclear powered aircraft being talked about in modern times as something to pursue until very recently. Who knows?
edit on 6-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It's funny because I am on the US East Coast aswell and I had heard it myself. I was actually still awake, hadn't slept yet, waiting to pick my grandmother up from the Slots
It happened just as the sun was rising.

I didn't know there was a conspiracy theory behind this but I will admit it scared the dickens out of me. I'd debunked it as just me living relatively close to an Air-base, but I've NEVER heard an aircraft sound like that before.

You know that "heart drop" feeling when you drop on a rollercoaster and such, like you're afraid for your life almost and it pumps you full of adrenaline? That's about how I was this morning.

It was SO loud I literally was about to try and run into the basement because I thought a jet was going to land right in my room. I dunno how the basement would have saved me, but I would have damn sure tried, haha.

It even shook the china cabinet a little!

I'm glad someone else heard it, because I didn't think too much of it but now I do after reading this.

Also for reference, I must tell you I live in Mid-Delaware and I think it's truly amazing and almost unbelievable, shocking really, that someone in Mass. heard the same sound, around the same exact time. I am at a loss of words!

Knowing all of this, I must look up more.

Thank you for the post, and piquing my interest. S&F!
edit on 6-4-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Being that you live near an Air Force base and heard what sounded like a fleet of jets, are you that certain it was anything but?
By jets, you mean fighter jets?
What about the Air show comment you mentioned, were they practicing? If they are practicing then it would seem that's the most likely cause of the sound. You don't need windows open to hear them. The sound is deafening.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Ok so i clicked your link confirming airshow practice.
That is the source of your sound.

This howling wind sound the teacher added in, would that be shreiking sound of the jets? It tends to sound that way as they rip through the sky, breaking the sound barrier. The sound can go on for 5 minutes as you hear one after another, and then them returning to base. This sound may not seem to fade but be abrupt.
This is just one F-15.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Another
turn up your volume!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Possibly you may have heard the sound of an aircraft not commonly flying out of your nearby base? Afterall it is a show, with participants bringing different aircraft they want to show off. It may be just be a new sound to you.

This thread belongs in the aircraft forum. Its not helpful to those who are making more plausable claims on these sounds.

You posted this knowing full well an airshow was going on.

edit on 6-4-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join