It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sky Sounds.... I just heard it too!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

This is a quote from the OP on page 1

A few years back we had the Blue Angels at an air show doing a fly by. This sound was at least 10 times more intense than that.

She did not say there was an air show going on NOW.

She said the air show takes place in June.

We have Fleet Week here in San Francisco in October. They come in to practice just DAYS before, not months.

OP, I have heard the Blue Angels many many times, if you say this sound was 10 times louder, then damn!! That IS really loud.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
reply to post by violet

This is a quote from the OP on page 1

A few years back we had the Blue Angels at an air show doing a fly by. This sound was at least 10 times more intense than that.

She did not say there was an air show going on NOW.

She said the air show takes place in June.

We have Fleet Week here in San Francisco in October. They come in to practice just DAYS before, not months.

OP, I have heard the Blue Angels many many times, if you say this sound was 10 times louder, then damn!! That IS really loud.

I don't know about the air show go on now.

She had included a link in her opening post (she's now edited out) to a news article about F-15's practicing thursday beginning around 6am.

Her encounter took place at the same time as these scheduled flyovers and she did say it "sounded like a fleet of jets". I am just going on what she herself posted. She is the on who brought up the airshow and provided the link to said article.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I am fairly convinced that the majority (all?) of these "sky sounds" reports are cases of atmospheric ducting, or jet noise amplified by atmospheric conditions (discounting the obvious hoaxes, of course). Now, I will say that I seem to be noticing this more lately - seems more frequent and louder than I remember, which means one of two things - I'm more aware because of this strange sounds mass hysteria and am just now noticing what's really always been there (I'm about 10 miles from RDU airport), *or* there's some condition in the atmosphere that is amplifying the condition somehow. I tend to believe the former.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

I feel that I need to clarify a few things.

Yes, I did say it sounded like a fleet of jets. That was my first impression. Living near an Air Force Base, it would be the most widely accepted explanation. I have also stated (repeatedly) that this sound was unlike any jet I have ever heard, and because of it's distinctive nature, I do not believe that it was a jet.

The "scheduled flyby" in question (and what most are either accepting as an explanation or trying to convince me is the source of this sound) was F-15's out of another Air Force Base 20 miles away from me. The link for the information about this "flyby" was never in the OP. It is and always has been (never edited out) in a response I wrote on page 2.

THIS is the link in question. Please quote for me where in that article it states that this was "practice for the airshow". It does not. The "practice for the airshow" was a response to a question posed by a friend of mine who works on the base I live by to her commander on what the sound may have been. Nothing more than pure speculation on his part.

And, now that I have mentioned the Air Show....this is actually scheduled for August of this year. LINK. I point this out for two reasons: Pratice for these air shows usually takes place about 1 week beforehand. Not 3 months. The base from which these F-15's flew out of is not the one hosting the Airshow. It does not make sense to "practice" in airspace not directly related to the location of the airshow.

I have lived in my house since March of 2006. Since that time there have been at least 2 airshows out of the base nearest me. One in 2008 and one in 2009. This is a fairly active base, and I hear planes and helicopters going in and out of this base daily. I can pretty much tell you which airborne vehicle is flying over me, because I hear it so often.

Now, if you have ever heard an F-15 (which apparently you have not) you would know that it takes about 8 seconds (at most) for the sound of it. A C-5 coming into the base for a landing takes a little over a minute, and you can usually hear them coming well beforehand, and if you get outside soon enough you can see their landing gear! There is also a difference in the sound of one taking off and one coming in. The sound I heard lasted 5 minutes.

I cannot accept the F-15 "flyby" or a C-5 taking off/landing as an explanation for a number of reasons:
1. The length of the sound that I heard.
2. The sudden "stop" of the sound (no fading)
3. The F-15's in question left Barnes Air Force base at 5:47 (someone commented in the article who actually was wakened and disturbed by them). I live 20 miles away. If it takes 15 minutes for these fighter jets to travel 20 miles, then we've got some serious problems with them.
4. This is a C-5, which, when low flying, takes about 90 seconds to come in or leave the base. The sounds are much different as would be expected due to their size, and you can see a C-5 coming in. It is no joke to say the size of an engine on a C-5 is about the same size as an F-15 jet.

Just a note. On the day that I heard this, about 1/2 hour later a C-5 came into the base. I managed to record the sound. As soon as I can get it uploaded I will include in this thread. You will hear for yourself that this is loud. You will hear what I hear every day. And you will hear a sound that is admittedly similar, but definitely not what I heard. I recorded it because if the "sound" returned, I wanted to have it for comparison.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This is a C-5 flying over my house.

This is NOT the sound I heard.

edit on 4/6/2012 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: change video to link

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Most of it is an atmospheric phenomena,cause by the climate change,the YOUTUBE videos are using the sounds of movies like Cloverfield,War of the worlds,etc,,,,,

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

I was in the same camp as you and the OP
before she heard the sound.
I truly believe you'd be convinced that
what your experiencing is unlike anything
you have heard before.

I've heard the creak and separately the low rumble.
To me it sounds like the Earth is a giant wooden ship
navigating a rough storm. The creaking is freaky.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

I'm in NC, heard a similar phenomenon this morning, around 1030-11. It wasn't loud enough to be extremely noticeable inside, but when I stepped outside it sounded like I was standing under an overpass with a fleet of semi-trucks going by. It lasted about 2 minutes then was gone. I did a full 360 check in the sky, there was some light high-altitude cloud coverage, but mostly it was a clear sky, there were no contrails or jets in the sky. There is a runway for light weight aircraft about 3 miles from here but you can't hear them from here. A highway is also nearby but I know what heavy trucks and vehicles sound like at this distance, and they didn't have the same sound or intensity. Also I thought it might be heavy wind, and there was a light breeze, but not enough to shake tree tops or create leaf movement.

I've been stepping outside every 30 minutes or so since then and still haven't heard the sound again.

It had the same omnipresence you described.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
hi OP

have a look at this explanation:
thechaniproject.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I recently watched the movie 'Melancholia' and the sounds as the planet approached earth sound just like noises posted on Youtube. I would call hoax on the whole thing if it wasn't for real life reports such as yours. I've also seen postings on Facebook from friends who have no interest in ATS subjects or even had knowledge that this was happening around the world. I believe they were in Texas and her husband even called 911.

It's these real life reports that give this story credibility and demand further investigation from scientists.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by willnot
hi OP

have a look at this explanation:
thechaniproject.com...

A friend of mine actually gave me that link yesterday.

I revisited it today.

If this were indeed the case, why would the "explanation" of F-15's be needed? That would mean that it was predictable. I'm not discounting it, and it may be that if this is the cause, then that's a pretty extreme coincidence.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I too am in Texas and
have heard crazy sky sounds.
I'm in central Tx but there is a great
video in Amarillo of some radio DJ's who
Recorded the sound one night taking a break.
I'll see if I can find it and post it below

www.youtube.com...

Some sounds in Amarillo were later hoaxes
but like the others, not all of them are.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I was just talking to my neighbor about the sound. He gave me some additional information that un-officially debunks the theory that they sound I heard was actually F-15's flying out of Westfield, Massachusetts.

Yesterday morning eight (two at a time) F-18 aircraft took off from the 104th Fighter Wing from Westfield, Massachusetts headed for Virginia at approximately 5:45 am.

How does this "un-officially" debunk the theory that it was F-15 aircraft? Well, in order to fly to Virginia, they would be travelling in a Southerly (South Westerly actually) direction from the point from which they took off. I am 10 miles NORTH EAST of that the location that these aircraft departed from, therefore the complete opposite direction. It would however explain the noises heard in Agawam, Massachusetts, which is Southeast of me, and possibly the poster from Delaware who would be in a direct flight path of aircraft flying to Virginia.

What is also interesting is that the article that I have quoted, that is being used as evidence of proof, states that these were F-15's. Maybe it was a typo, maybe someone misunderstood, maybe the wrong information was released causing confusion. I'll accept that.

However it's also interesting to note that an F-18 crashed into an apartment building in Virginia Beach just before 1pm local time. Coincidence? Probably.

edit on 4/6/2012 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: to correct bad grammer.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Thanks for you clarification.

My computer isn't working, so I'm on my iPad and it's hard to quote or read your post while I reply.

Ok forget air show, you brought it up.
Perhaps you shouldn't have mentioned the airshow comment of whoever said it.
How do I know which airport or bases you live near.

I live in a city that hosts annual air shows, ours is August as well. I'm not claiming to be an expert on planes.

Either way the article did say flyby at 6am to warn the public and not to be alarmed.
You became alarmed
It was as if you were debunking your own self in each post, the 6am flyby, your hearing isn't good and your star witness who was blasting music in his ears with mp3 player when he heard it.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Hi, i once seen a show called Conspiracy Thoery with Jessie Ventura and the U.S. government showed him how the H.A.R.P. machine works. First, it is a grid of transmission towers someting like 1 mile apart, 12 towers long by 12 towers wide = 24 tower grid.Second, the human body runs on water and electricty(uses a certian type of frequency). This harp machine can emulate the human frequecy and tweaking it just right, allowing them to control what you might here without you even knowing. Could that explain why some folks don't hear the stange sounds?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

My computer isn't working, so I'm on my iPad and it's hard to quote or read your post while I reply.

I live in a city that hosts annual air shows, ours is August as well. I'm not claiming to be an expert on planes.

Either way the article did say flyby at 6am to warn the public and not to be alarmed.
You became alarmed
It was as if you were debunking your own self in each post, the 6am flyby, your hearing isn't good and your star witness who was blasting music in his ears with mp3 player when he heard it.

Do you read the whole posts or just the part you want to pay attention to?

The article does not say "flyby".
The "airshow reference" once again came after from a different source than the article.
My "star witness" was my 16 year old son who was in the kitchen with me. The child with the headphones was my NEPHEW.

I'm not "debunking myself in each post". I was mentioning each excuse that was given to me. I am willing to accept a reasonable explanation when it fits, or is even plausible. Although these might be plausible explanations, they do not fit what I heard and what I experienced.

Mentioning my hearing difficulties is testament to how loud the sound was. It does not change the fact that the sound lasted 5 minutes, and my son described it a bit differently. Does it mean that I can't tell the difference between the sound of an F-15, F-18 or a C-5A, and the sound I heard? Absolutely not.

And if you read the posts paying attention to detail you will see that not only have I mentioned the bases by name, I provided links to them.

edit on 4/6/2012 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: forgot to add an answer.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

You became alarmed

Do you read the whole posts or just the part you want to pay attention to?

The article does not say "flyby".
The "airshow reference" once again came after from a different source than the article.
My "star witness" was my 16 year old son who was in the kitchen with me. The child with the headphones was my NEPHEW.

I'm not "debunking myself in each post". I was mentioning each excuse that was given to me. I am willing to accept a reasonable explanation when it fits, or is even plausible. Although these might be plausible explanations, they do not fit what I heard and what I experienced.

Mentioning my hearing difficulties is testament to how loud the sound was. It does not change the fact that the sound lasted 5 minutes, and my son described it a bit differently. Does it mean that I can't tell the difference between the sound of an F-15, F-18 or a C-5A, and the sound I heard? Absolutely not.

And if you read the posts paying attention to detail you will see that not only have I mentioned the bases by name, I provided links to them.

edit on 4/6/2012 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: forgot to add an answer.

If I said "flyby", that's just a word I used. I'm writing with my own words here.
If I had quoted from an article, I would have used the external tags. As I said I wasn't at my computer and not able to pick off exact quotes.
If i said son and not nephew, sorry I mixed that up. I didnt have your family tree close by to refer to

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

UPDATE:

I just found this, but I'm not buying into it for a number of reasons:

1. The article was posted AFTER the alleged flights
2. The comments indicate that these were F-15's. C-5A's fly over my house all the time. I know the difference in sound, and C-5A's are louder. The sound I heard was far louder than a C-5A
3. The alleged takeoff of these was 15 minutes prior to when I heard the sound (according to the comments made from some readers).
4. The base from which these fighter jets took off is + 10 miles North Easterly of me.
5. I have confirmed other people hearing the same sound I heard at 6am +10 miles Southwesterly of me. The math does not compute, and I am not mistaken about the time (I checked the clock).
edit on 4/5/2012 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: update

Well the math computes for me

Note it was puiblished wednesday evening, prior to , and not after as you claim

Updated: Thursday, 05 Apr 2012, 8:53 AM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 04 Apr 2012, 5:13 PM EDT

If you are such an expert on sound, you would know the sound follows after they fly past. Some of these planes are faster than the speed of sound.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

If you are such an expert on sound, you would know the sound follows after they fly past.

Yes, but would that sound last FIVE minutes and then abruptly shut off? I think that's her point.

And do you converse with people face-to-face the way you communicate in your posts? I can't imagine you walking up to a person in a grocery store and saying to someone's face, "If you're such an expert on grapefruit, which one should I pick?" I mean, really? REALLY? Yeesh.

edit on 6-4-2012 by PamelaBritton2U because: I was trying to get rid of the stupid italic, but oh well.

edit on 6-4-2012 by PamelaBritton2U because: I fixed it!!! Hah!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I believe you, OP. What I find interesting about this whole phenomena is that it's not happening on the west coast -- or at least not in California. I think I saw one report of it up here in northern California where I live, but that's it. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad. It seems to always be on the eastern seaboard.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join