It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence or Something More in the new TV show "Alien Encounters"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
So I finally watched the "Alien Encounters" TV show on Science channel and I have to say there is a little bit more than just coincidence going on in that show.

The show opens with a title that says (something to the effect of) "This is a hypothetical scenario of First Contact. The scenes are dramatizations." and then we are treated to a dramatized hypothetical pseudo-documentary that explores this hypothetical contact. But there were some very interesting things presented that I think suggest more than coincidence.

In the narrative of the show, we receive a message from ET. Then the scientists train their telescopes at the sky and image the incoming spaceship. In the show, the ship appears diamond shaped and they explain that it is a ship with a giant solar sail and go into the workings of such a hypothetical craft.

Right away it reminded me of this picture.

I'm sure you all remember that. If not, this is Comet-like asteroid P/2010 A2. So I looked up this picture and read a little, then went back to the show.

Soon the narrator informs the viewer that the alien message was received on October 12th. That struck a chord so I went back and looked at the above picture again. I had gotten it from Nasa's website.

This webpage was posted on October 13th, you can see the date right there. Coincidence? Yes.

So a little later in the show they referenced another date. January 28th. That was the supposed date we received the second message or something I don't quite remember, but I remember they said January 28th.

As you can see in the above picture, comet-like asteroid P/2010 A2 was imaged on January 29th. Again, coincidence? hmmmm.. yeah probably so..

So even later in the show they are discussing that they have determined where the "alien ship" had originated from and in the re-enactment one scientist was pointing it out to another scientist, but there was an extra little something on his desktop.

Why is that picture there? They do not mention it. It is just there. And on that one, I start leaning away from coincidence. What say you ATS?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Perhaps they used that article to create a story from and it is indeed a coincidence?

Nice find though! I like your eye for detail and connecting dots! ;-)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JayDub113

"This is a hypothetical scenario of First Contact. The scenes are dramatizations."

Maybe it is a way of hiding the truth in plain sight

It has been done before in a program called UFO It Has Begun from 1979 , at the end of the program Rod Serling narrates through a dramatization of a future (Or past) event where ET lands at Holloman Air Force Base .... was it an event that had already happened and is well known in UFO lore

Was this when President Eisenhower met ET at Holloman AFB

From 8.15 on the video

If you have the time I would recommend watching the whole program as its one of the best I've seen

edit on 30-3-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
That video is awesome thanks. Rod Serling is the best.

That's really what I think.. they hide things in plain sight. I have posted as such before regarding the plain-as-day obfuscation of Martian artifacts. Off-topic.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well then! The picture on the guy's desk kind of seals it. Up until then, I was like, total coincidence. But that was definitely a surprising way to close the thread.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I remember the interview with Michio Kaku where he says that the top scientists "have no idea" what that specific object is. I find it funny that they have determined that it is a comet in the time between now and then. What provided the revelation? I don't know of any new Tech that was launched up there, that could distinguish it with great accuracy, in the past year and a half!

Don't seem to know how to embed properly...can someone please help me.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Zippidee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Sorry...tried to embed it for you...malformed video is what I keep getting....

edit on 30-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Zippidee

There you go

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hmm... A diamond shaped space ship?

Hoagland have been saying that for quite a while, too.

Coincidence, rip-off or hiding something in plain sight?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Just wanted to comment on the show...

I LOVE IT

yes, like you, I kind of feel that these shows are making people aware that there are plans for contact.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I hope its real and they come specificly to kill the Illuminatis, if they come for the worse, I choose them.

Better to die by another species than to die by your own species, at least they traveled light years just to kill me.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing op...I do find it odd that there are so many shows on T.V. right now that relate to first conatct, and intelligent life in the universe, ancient aliens etc...Are they trying to tell us something, maybe let us down easy, so when it does happen we already have it our subconscious mind from all these shows????

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Very interesting post. Yeah it seems like the whole world is taken with this first contact thing. And there have been SO MANY first contact movies lately that have come out of hollywood.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Zippidee

There you go

Has there been any updates as to whether or not his theory is correct? It been well over a year and that should have done exactly what he said and expand.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
All I know is that aliens won't be visiting in a craft using a solar sail.
That's ridiculous. Advanced civilizations are not going to meander slowly through space on a solar sail!

Preposterous!!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Do you have any idea how fast a ship could theoretically travel using a solar sail? I wouldn't actually call it meandering, but I do get you point

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Neat find OP. I watched the first show of alien encounters and thought it was an interesting scenario. I personally don't think we have been, are currently being or will ever be visited. I have my own reasons for that. Though I do not have a problem thinking there is probably intelligent life elsewhere in the Universe.

But maybe I'm wrong and maybe the flood of these shows and specials is just like someone else posed...maybe it's to get the idea buried in our heads so when the day it happens comes, the panic and chaos will be lessened...somewhat.

I wouldn't panic if it happens. I just have no reason to think it ever will.

If it does...meh...so I'm wrong...not the first time that has ever happened.

edit on 3/30/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Just wanted to comment on the show...

I LOVE IT

yes, like you, I kind of feel that these shows are making people aware that there are plans for contact.

I would say you are being brainwashed and dumbed down instead..

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

"This is a hypothetical scenario of First Contact. The scenes are dramatizations."

Maybe it is a way of hiding the truth in plain sight

It has been done before in a program called UFO It Has Begun from 1979 , at the end of the program Rod Serling narrates through a dramatization of a future (Or past) event where ET lands at Holloman Air Force Base .... was it an event that had already happened and is well known in UFO lore

Was this when President Eisenhower met ET at Holloman AFB

From 8.15 on the video

If you have the time I would recommend watching the whole program as its one of the best I've seen

edit on 30-3-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

Regarding the UFO at 9.25 in the video you posted.

I remember listening to a guy being interviewed on Coasttocoast and he was talking about the documentary you`ve posted.
He said something about the makers of the documentary having an agreement with the Air-force that a real alien ship could filmed.
Don`t know if the producer had told him about it.
He said if you watch the film, the real ship is the one that decends in front of a mountain towards the runway.

Now i know i haven`t got it right word for word but i did look on you tube the next day and watched the exact piece of footage thats in this vid you posted.
When i watched it originally, it was at the begining of the documentary.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Wow I did not notice any of that!

Be it still it is a great show with an awesome scenario. I want to see more, like what happens when the little ships land and unload all of their ETs, and also what the ETs may look like. Good find, and I think that the show was probably modeled around the image. If it is, that is awesome how they made that whole scenario from inspiration from that odd pic

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join