It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many animals have you people killed accidentally?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
1 bird... with my car doing about 230 / 240 km/h and the damn bird just flew against my right headlight... was a bit of a mess really, but the bird was nowhere to be seen since I couldnt stop (and really... why would I stop) and could only check the damage about 1 hour later when I got to my destination...

Well... happens.
edit on 30-3-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Do scorpions count? We have two kids under 3 and the Bark Scorpions venom can kill them. So when I see them, I take them out...and I have taken out too many. I feel badly killing them, but I am not taking the chance that they can get inside and hurt my kids.

Otherwise, I ran over a rabbit once on accident...and a bird flew in front of my car too.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Countless frogs and bugs.

I wouldn't say I felt particularly bad, considering most of the frog incidents happened when I was a small child and it was more out of curiosity than anything else. I still swat a bug when it gets in my way, but I'd never intentionally kill a frog for fun. I have yet to get my license though, so when I do, mammals beware.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Two seagulls were fighting over a piece of bread above my car, out of my sight.

One of them lost the piece of bread, and they both swooped down towards my windshield, chasing it.

I hit one of them with the windshield, and then I ran over it with both wheels. Needles to say it was dead.
edit on 30/3/12 by Pointofview because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

I will find out soon enough. I have to drive through the same area today when I pick up my girlfriend from work, so I can let you know what it is later on...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I have never intentionally killed any animal, not out of principle, or because I worship animals or some crap like most of the world, but there's no point, it's not necessary.

I do own two rabbits however, and whenever they have a batch of baby bunnies, our neighbors cat usually comes by and kills them; rips them to shreds, scratches, bites, literally spills their blood EVERYWHERE. Though it isn't me personally, I'm powerless against it. I've tried several methods of keeping these bunnies safe.. but it never works. Never. I FEEL responsible.

We can't do anything about it. We've already tried talking to the neighbors and calling animal control. Neighbors won't do anything, animal control has been by and the cat was apparently "missing" for a few weeks. We can't kill the cat, because then me and my entire extended family will spend life in prison (because of this #ed up world we live in), so what else can we do?

Ugh. Because of this law that prohibits killing a single cat, DOZENS and DOZENS of my baby bunnies have to die.

Thanks, world. You asshole.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
6 Cats and 1 kitten, 1 horse, 2 dogs, 100's of rabbits (for food), 5 or 6 seagulls, 100's of rats, 1 sheep and 1 deer. All accidental (by assorted vehicles) apart from one kitten and the horse (and the rabbits/rats). Both of those (due to extreme circumstances and no way to get other help or a vet) I ended up having to kill to put them out of the awful pain they were in. (horse had a very badly broken hip with bone sticking out and the kitten had been really torn open by a dog or something). Apart from the rabbits and rats I'm sorry for killing all the other animals as they were all likely to have been pets or otherwise loved by someone.

edit on 30/3/12 by Anon77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
I have never intentionally killed any animal, not out of principle, or because I worship animals or some crap like most of the world, but there's no point, it's not necessary.

I do own two rabbits however, and whenever they have a batch of baby bunnies, our neighbors cat usually comes by and kills them; rips them to shreds, scratches, bites, literally spills their blood EVERYWHERE. Though it isn't me personally, I'm powerless against it. I've tried several methods of keeping these bunnies safe.. but it never works. Never. I FEEL responsible.

We can't do anything about it. We've already tried talking to the neighbors and calling animal control. Neighbors won't do anything, animal control has been by and the cat was apparently "missing" for a few weeks. We can't kill the cat, because then me and my entire extended family will spend life in prison (because of this #ed up world we live in), so what else can we do?

Ugh. Because of this law that prohibits killing a single cat, DOZENS and DOZENS of my baby bunnies have to die.

Thanks, world. You asshole.

So why not keep the baby rabbits indoors away from the neighbourhood cats? and if you do keep them outdoors you obviously have not provided them with a secure and safe shelter,any well made rabbit hutch/lidded enclosure would be impervious to cats(and raptors like hawks).

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I would place some cat food next to the bunny pen and I would taint it with something. Seriously. I dislike cats to begin, this would just piss me off to no extent.

Maybe you can wait for the cat and do something to it that will convince it never to return?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Accidentally ? I don't really keep track but I guess I have hit a few squirrels over the years.....

On purpose ? 22 Deer, 4 Elk, countless Squirrels & Rabbits, and hundreds of fish in the last 36 years of hunting and fishing.
edit on 30-3-2012 by mwood because: added content

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thebestnr1

Why would you laugh at that peacock story. Nothing was funny about it.

A peacock dying from getting stoning isn't humorous

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I've never hit anything with my car so 0.

Maybe a few bugs, but I try to avoid killing them as well

Oh and when I was a little kid I accidentally spilled my sisters sea monkey aquarium, I felt so bad. That was like a shrimp massacre.

edit on 30-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Accidentally tossed a kitten into a ceiling fan when I was like 12. It's neck was broken and it died pretty quick. It's been over a decade and I still feel bad about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I once drove over a cat. It was so wierd. Must have been about 3am, dark and I was the only one on the road. I saw it walk into the middle of the road and then it just sat down,I couldn't avoid hitting it, and pretty sure it died instantly. Never seen anything like that since, and pretty sure that cat commited suicide!
edit on 30-3-2012 by iamdavid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I've killed 3 as far as I can remember, all been in the car!

The first been a rabbit which darted out in the middle of a 70MPH zone....the best I could do was avoid directly running it over with one of my wheels so I drifted central to where it was in the hope of saving it, but................THUD!!!! All four legs were pointing towards the sky faster then you could have blinked!

2nd and 3rd time, different places at different times, I have ran over (kind of...) two birds that have flew across the car wind screen whilst travelling between 40-50MPH. I don't know what these birds where trying to do...play chicken perhaps? Regardless, they didn't last long by the time I had looked in the car mirror.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
No I have never killed a mammal,maybe some insects unintentionally,and lots of spiders intentionally.But to the people who have killed cats I have only this Die Mother #er Die Karma is a bitch.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by adnachiel21But to the people who have killed cats I have only this Die Mother #er Die Karma is a bitch.

Geez...it was an accident.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

We do, occassionally. We try different things. We have an outside cage we made from scratch, made with chicken wire. We let them run around a lot indoors, sometimes. Especially when it's raining. But whenever we let them run around outside (monitored, by one of my family members), the cat comes out like a ninja, grabs one, and runs off. I don't think it's fair to keep them cooped up in a cage, especially since we can't afford to constantly feed them rabbit food (we let them eat the grass), and they should have sun light.. but whenever we do, we suffer a casualty. Never fails.

reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

We always try scaring him off when we see him outside, in our backyard or front, but I think there's more than one cat involved. I personally love cats, but.. I love my baby bunnies too. It's a bitch when you find one injured, alive, attacked by a cat, and can't do anything to save them.

Vets cost a lot of money, and we're currently losing our home, so the best we can do is care for them, and if they make it, that's great.. but they never do

Like last week, one of them got attacked and our neighbor (who owns the cat...) found him in his front yard. He brought it over to us, and me and some friends made a splint for his broken leg, gave him water and a warm bed to rest on.

Died the next day

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Lol plus sad face, because I have also inadvertently killed two cats. I laugh though, because the cats deserved death based on nature's only true law; survival of the fittest. You see, I was driving along a country road, and there are tons of strays in the area. As I was driving - both times mind you - a cat creeped out from the brush at the roadside, ran along parallel to the road, then at just the moment that success became an impossibility, they tried to dart across the road. I had even drifted towards the center line to give the poor, poor, stupid things some breathing room.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well unless they already cleaned up what I thought I hit wasn't there when I drove by there this afternoon. I saw no blood marks, or a body of a dead animal in that area. Usually they aren't quick to picking up roadkill, so I wonder if it did survive basing off what I said that maybe it rolled perfectly under my car and ran off?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join