It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many animals have you people killed accidentally?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
So far I am up to 2. So for all you cat lovers I’m sorry they were both cats, I think?! This first incident definitely involved a cat, and this happened back in 2004. I ran it over because I was driving my truck to work it was early in the morning like around 3:30 am, and it crossed the main street and I ran it over with the tires… Just recently about an hour ago, I hit something else. This time I am going down another main street that is near my house, and the road kind of curves, I was driving and I saw something that looked like to be a cat or a possum?. I noticed that I hit it in the center, so maybe I hit it and it rolled under my car without my tire running over it. I am hoping it rolled directly under my car during impact, and it ran off to the side of the street? It could have been a cat or a possum…

Whatever; I had an emotional episode, emotionally I broke down. I have noticed that all the dumb things I use to do in my younger days like purposely killing animals or insects, has connected to me emotionally in the now. Should I feel bad that I accidentally killed an animal that was just trying to cross the street?

I invite everyone to share their similar experiences.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

edit on 30-3-2012 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: why does it keep posting twice........

link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

There is always time to repent, acknowledgement is the first step.

Personally i don't think i have ever killed any animals, i was in a car when my friend accidentally ran over a cat back in highschool, bloody thing ran out under these other cars, we didn't even get a chance. i was pretty depressed for a few days after it.

Apart form unintentionally killing hundreds, if not thousands of insects unknowingly, i probably have a pretty clean slate... if you can call it clean

link   
Do fish count? if so, many...also once me and a mate were pushing a car out the driveway, my cat was asleep under a wheel...... I miss her

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
1 cat, 2 squirrels, a peacock and 2 skunks. I cried after each one.
edit on 3/30/2012 by ~Vixen~ because: modified skunk count

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Yeah, I just hope it was knocked silly and it ran off to the side. The problem is my car is kind of lowered. Depressing it is. As for insects? That could be a whole different interesting discussion. Lets just say I have accidentally killed a lot insects, probably around the same amount I killed purposely...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

Sorry to ask but how do you manage to accidentally kill a peacock lol?.......just seems a bit random :\.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I was raking the leaves and a big bumblebee was there but I didn't see it, and it got raked, making this terrible loud bzzzing sound, I felt terrible and immediately tried to kill it with the rake to put it out of it's misery but it was just bzzing louder with each one until finally on the final blow, I broke my rake, and killed the bumblebee.

I consider that one the worst ever. I will never kill another bee so help me god.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by repulsive1

Well peacocks aren't no road runners that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It seems to me everyone who has posted so far has a connection to something else as well... I'm no rocket scientist, but we seem to treat animals better then we do each other as humans... Do we have a better bonding connection with animal nature than we do with humans? I say this because we all killed something randomly. Yet we tend to feel bad about it spiritually. Are we more sensitive toward animals/insects then we are to humans?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Hell, three deer in one fell blow, a couple of dogs, cats, racoons and more squirrel than I can count. It is what it is.

I feel bad for all of them to a degree. The deer ended up on my dinner table.

But I refuse to swerve while driving to avoid a animal. I'll hit the brakes, but I refuse to send myself off into the woods and into a tree just because a animal crossed my path.

I've had to many friends and family injured and killed because of that mindset.

BTW...I had fun in court.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Most people couldn't even fathom the 100s of animals they killed intentionally.

...and that is not just the ones they've eaten.

edit on 30-3-2012 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
As for an animal I killed, It was back when I was a little boy. I feel absolutely terrible for doing the thing I did, throwing cinder blocks at pigeons and it killed one actually. Now everything is a whole different story, I feel terrible just killing a bug now. I feel your compassion OP killing is a horrible thing no matter what it is.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I accidentally hit a deer with my car a few years back but it didn't kill it i had to go to a farm near by and the man shot it to put the poor thing out of its misery ..I was upset but i didn't lose sleep over it this kinda stuff happens allot around here i live way out in the country..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

There's something about animals, an untouched beauty just basic nature and can't help but love them, especially dogs, horses and cats (me personally). The person that posted about how we don't even acknowledge the animals killed for meats and testing is true, it's like we block it out. I'm far from a vegetarian but still feel empathetic but I think it's different when you kill something accidentally compared to something that is slaughtered to feed you.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by repulsive1
reply to post by ~Vixen~

Sorry to ask but how do you manage to accidentally kill a peacock lol?.......just seems a bit random :\.

When I was a little girl, our neighbor had two peacocks that roamed their property. (Rural area in Hawaii) Unfortunately the stupid things frequently flew onto our property and crapped all over everything. Needless to say we weren't real peacock fans, and when they did trespass we often resorted to chasing them out of the yard via rock throwing or bb/pellet guns. Following that routine, one day I threw a small rock at a peacock, and unintentionally killed it with a direct hit to its head. It didn't make a sound, it just dropped dead. I was horrified at what I had done, saddened by the birds death, and terrified at the trouble I was going to be in. I swore my brother to secrecy, and he helped me to drag the peacocks body into a nearby wooded area where we buried it in a shallow grave. Unfortunately our dog dug up the peacock carcass overnight, and we ended up getting caught anyway.

I really didn't mean to kill it, but the guilt of that incident has haunted me for decades.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Thousands, and that's just from mowing the grass. Also doesn't include plant life, or microbial life. You can't live without killing.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
At least 30 cats.

At the very least.

They either keep breeding and forcing us to spend decades of time with them, OR they just walk in on us, and we see them happy, and then leave.

My old man used to be a caretaker of a bunnings co in my area. we lived on a 35 acre yard.. 1/14 square for us, the rest.. holy snap!

We saw so many traps, we set them off empty. I love me old mum and dad for that. we had between 16-20 cats from there at any given time. Wild as wild can be, these things would shred your limbs and leave your shirts dry. Razor blades with a 'whine' lol.

My old man dies, and these bunnings wankers kick us out. ahh well, from 16+ cats, 2 dogs, 8 googlied eye fish, right down to .. the stale old air of yesterday and the tangy bits of afternoon.. god I woke up another day again..

Zero cats now.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
One pigeon flew into my car windscreen, another one (2 years before) flew into the grill of my car - for some reason the stupid birds fly at your car instead of the other way!!
It's gotten so bad with the fat and lazy pigeons down my road that you have to stop the car and wait for them to saunter out of the way - they don't even bother to fly out the way they do this really slow walk.

And I've DOOMED a large spider - felt bad about that - now I just yell for someone to catch them and toss them outside.

I've also washed aphids off my plants with soap water, and murdered a stink bug after spending 5 days trying to get it to go somewhere else (it kept returning to suck the juice out of my roses).

hmmmm - probably squashed a few ants too.

I like animals better than humans.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
i killed two...today lol
i killed about five yesterday
im talking about flies,filthy little buggers
they are asking for it imo

and ps that peocock story had me laughing so hard haha good times

edit on 30-3-2012 by thebestnr1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join