It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Possibly Mobilizing for Martial Law starting TODAY?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

If it is a training exercise such as this you can plan to go into threat level Delta. Now if you mean in a real world situation they may not know ahead of time. We used to go through simaler small scale drill and were told of changes in the threat level prior to the operation taking place.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I put my money on nothing...... Just like last months "friends gone for some time thread" or whatever it was. Not to say this conversation between OP and friend is untrue, just saying nothing's going down....

Wisconsin is gonna continue having bubble guts, and Jason Russell will continue spazzing out from "becoming famous"....

damn, just when I thought we had TPTB and our govt all figured out, we can never get anything right about troop mobilizations...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
reply to post by Fishticon84

If it is a training exercise such as this you can plan to go into threat level Delta. Now if you mean in a real world situation they may not know ahead of time. We used to go through simaler small scale drill and were told of changes in the threat level prior to the operation taking place.

If this is true then that would explain the planning ahead, perhaps you could be right, did they often give official names to the training drills as well or did they just tell you straight up its a drill?

and maybe since its a large scale drill(if it is) they could be training for something to actually occur? and it has to do with "securing the nation" meaning to take hold of, but i guess it has a double meaning of of keeping the country secure from enemies too, still just speculating.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
When I was in, we randomly would go into stuff like that. It was meant to keep you on your toes and let you know why you were there. Personally I think it was a random event. It could be in preparation for stuff like that but I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimesUp

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Im wondering if this has anything to do with the strange sounds around the country...
It looks like a natural disaster prep to me.

Those strange sounds could be underground mega-heating from the bounced HAARP waves.
They could be trying to link up with the earth's heartbeat and then kinda give it a "heart attack".
THis would most likely trigger about sixteen separate 11.5 earthquakes. That would be bad.

Please explain to me the science that leads you to believe that there would be likely to be sixteen of these quakes and also please explain how they could be 11.5 'quakes?

Let me explain: it is believed that 'quakes above 10 are physically impossible. A magnitude 10 'quake would output 63 ExoJoules of energy, equal to one hundred, ten megaton atomic bombs going off simultaneously, in the same place.

A magnitude 10 'quake has never happened on Earth. An 11.5 'quake would be approximately equivalent to fifty times that. Sixteen of them is beyond belief.

Or did you just make up the figures and use words that sound really "sciencey".

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I put my money on nothing...... Just like last months "friends gone for some time thread" or whatever it was. Not to say this conversation between OP and friend is untrue, just saying nothing's going down....

Wisconsin is gonna continue having bubble guts, and Jason Russell will continue spazzing out from "becoming famous"....

damn, just when I thought we had TPTB and our govt all figured out, we can never get anything right about troop mobilizations...

I know right??
Maybe if TPTB would just be straight and upfront there wouldn't so much room for all this damn speculation!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Nope. I assure you. Nothing will happen today...or tomorrow...and we can talk about this being wrong on Monday.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Nope. I assure you. Nothing will happen today...or tomorrow...and we can talk about this being wrong on Monday.

There is nothing to be wrong about as no prediction was stated, what WAS stated is that this is complete opinion and speculation off of given information.

So yes speculation could continue until monday or beyond

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is related or if someone else can tell more about it but I found this one of the Military tweet feeds I keep on my site:

Missouri Guard MPs are practicing crowd control tactics during the Homeland Response Force validation in Indiana.
Source

I ran the term on google for Homeland Response Validation Exercise and it looks like something they've been doing for awhile. Some sort of check-out thing? Training? Anyway... That part of the country seems to figure in for whatever it is they do on these things. This week seems to be Missouri's Nat'l Guard up there at least.

It looked like routine training though..maybe certification?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
OP hate to break it to you, or those "tea party patriots", who are clearly lacking in basic history of the United States, but this executive order has been standing since 1939, with nearly every president since has either amended or re-written. Bush Sr. issued the same thing in 1988 and Clinton issued the previous standing order in 1994. Obama just updated the nomenclature to include the DHS.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIlluminatedOne
He said today they issued an operation called "Operation Iron Shield". I asked him if he had any details on this particular operation and he said all he knows is the following:

1. the entire base is on lock-down
2. they are mobilizing troops to be mission ready in "essentially minutes"
3. they are threat con Charlie today(at the time of messaging)
4. they are going to threat con Delta at 8pm east coast time

I then asked if he knew the purpose of mobilization?
He said all he was told was that it was an operation that is suppose to "secure our nation".

I'm not sure if you're trying to play us or if your buddy is playing you, but none of the above is legit. "Threatcon" used to be short for "terrorist threat condition" and outlines security measures to be taken by the military when threatened by a terrorist attack. The term was replaced over 10 years ago by "force protection condition". Threatcon Delta was only used after a terrorist attack had already occurred in the area and included placing more guards on duty and identifying all vehicles and personnel on base and searching every suitcase, briefcase, etc. that came onto base. Roadblocks would be erected in the area to control traffic. Obviously none of this aligns with the description in the OP, and someone in the military would know that.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Yes, because prior to that there was no DHS. So it is not in fact the same.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This might just be what its all about..

english.ruvr.ru...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The problem I have with what your buddy said is that the US military does not officially use "threatcon" anymore and even if they did, you wouldn't be able to plan ahead to GO INTO threatcon Delta.

I was in the AF for 10 years. It is call "Defcon". It goes from Alpha to Delta; delta means an attack has happened and forces are being mobilized.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Actually I did know that but thanks for assuming I didn't lol, I was simply providing it so people could read it and learn up on martial law and what it states, the rest of my thread had nothing to do with any specifics about that bill because my thread isn't ABOUT the bill, it's about me and my friends conversation on the military preparation and my thoughts on it is all.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIlluminatedOne

hmm what branch of the military and where is he stationed if you don't mind?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Originally posted by TheIlluminatedOne
He said today they issued an operation called "Operation Iron Shield". I asked him if he had any details on this particular operation and he said all he knows is the following:

1. the entire base is on lock-down
2. they are mobilizing troops to be mission ready in "essentially minutes"
3. they are threat con Charlie today(at the time of messaging)
4. they are going to threat con Delta at 8pm east coast time

I then asked if he knew the purpose of mobilization?
He said all he was told was that it was an operation that is suppose to "secure our nation".

I'm not sure if you're trying to play us or if your buddy is playing you, but none of the above is legit. "Threatcon" used to be short for "terrorist threat condition" and outlines security measures to be taken by the military when threatened by a terrorist attack. The term was replaced over 10 years ago by "force protection condition". Threatcon Delta was only used after a terrorist attack had already occurred in the area and included placing more guards on duty and identifying all vehicles and personnel on base and searching every suitcase, briefcase, etc. that came onto base. Roadblocks would be erected in the area to control traffic. Obviously none of this aligns with the description in the OP, and someone in the military would know that.

I surely have no reason to play anyone, and all that was said was that of a military being run, sure wouldn't be shooting very high if i was playing anyone lol..not like im stating i have top secret info about some weird BS. if the info doesn't fit the times maybe even is officially changed they might still use the oldish terminology around the base? like i said hes no high articulate official or anything, and the fact it has anything to do with martial law was my own speculation

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

hmm what branch of the military and where is he stationed if you don't mind?

Im actually not 100% positive the base he is stationed at but i can ask him tomorrow and i will post it up, but he is in the navy

(my bad on double post)
edit on 22-3-2012 by TheIlluminatedOne because: oops

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

If I remember correctly the US coast guard which is actually the only military related branch ran by homeland security during peace time. Is that a possibility?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Well I'm for sure its navy and not coast guard.
But in light of some of the replies recieved on here it seems likely that its just a base-wide training drill, if it is I'm sure he will know by tomorrows time, ill try to contact him and ill post up what he says.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join