It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Possibly Mobilizing for Martial Law starting TODAY?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIlluminatedOne

Yeah but if they are using threat con and not def con as pointed out, that might be a legitimate cause for concern.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

For larger exercises they were usually named but the small unit sized one usually wouldn't. We would just be told they were doing a readiness drill so expect to get called in in the middle of the night sometime this week. If you friend is uninformed he may be confused. If he is on Norfolk or the surrounding bases and uninformed he might really be confused. Things like commisaries and other buisness on base close durinfg these drills as well. I would imagine that non participating personell were told about it due to the base restrictions. My guess is non essential personell were sent home prior to the exercise beginning. But as I said earlier, they very well could be preparing for something big, but maybe it's just a standard exercise.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It's an exercise and nothing more.

If it were something serious, they wouldn't be announcing ahead of time that they were going to a higher alert level (and even provide the time, no less).

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154
It's an exercise and nothing more.

If it were something serious, they wouldn't be announcing ahead of time that they were going to a higher alert level (and even provide the time, no less).

Yeah this is why i now believe it to be a drill.

UNLESS...the higher authorities knew about an event that would take place that the common rabble didn't..dun dun dunnn!!

that was a joke btw for those who take all things serious lol...but still 1% possible

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
THEY ARE NOT GONNA PLUNGE AMERICA INTO CHAOS. They need that shiny big military, so unless there is massive armed unrest, there will be no martial law and nobody will be rounded up either.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Possibility of EXTREME economic crisis, or large natural disaster still has not been thrown out the window though.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Okay...

The Iron Shield exercise... is a for profit paintball event not associated with the military... check the link. FYI, the military does not use paint balls in its "war games" (read "simulations"). Plastic bullets and MILES for FTXs, sure, but paint balls in war games... what... some BTN TOC or the bridge of a ship is going to start shooting the radios with orange ink?

"Threatcon Delta"? Others already nailed that one to a cross, so I will digress.

"Threatcon Charlie"? WTF is that?

And all this coming from someone's friend? Well heck, my uncle said that...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LennyDaRetard
Okay...

The Iron Shield exercise... is a for profit paintball event not associated with the military... check the link. FYI, the military does not use paint balls in its "war games" (read "simulations"). Plastic bullets and MILES for FTXs, sure, but paint balls in war games... what... some BTN TOC or the bridge of a ship is going to start shooting the radios with orange ink?

"Threatcon Delta"? Others already nailed that one to a cross, so I will digress.

What exactly is the "all this"..you mean the know concluded simple military exercise?
You only commented to insult my previous opinions of the info, when clearly the conclusion has already been made and the confusion cleared up, and yes, my friend, sorry do you not have any?
Doesn't mean others don't (:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

It's bunk, training & mobility operations are daily. Also troop movements are classified, hence why you don't have to pay tolls with a military ID. I could say the same things why there are daily flights of A-10's, Coast Guard Helo's, Blackhawks going over my house every day. I even saw Air Force One on approach to Andrew's AFB, the whole base gets locked down. Base's get locked down regularly even the Coast Guard Yard in Baltimore, MD for drills. When all the bases get locked down, then worry. Currently all bases with the exception of a few are FPCON Bravo, rather easy to look up the FPCON conditions of a base via the base's website.

29INFDIV
edit on 22-3-2012 by 29INFDIV because: To finish a sentence.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84

The problem I have with what your buddy said is that the US military does not officially use "threatcon" anymore and even if they did, you wouldn't be able to plan ahead to GO INTO threatcon Delta.

This makes it sound like a possible false flag attack of some sort.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LennyDaRetard
Okay...

THREATCON CHARLIE applies when an incident occurs or intelligence is received indicating some form of terrorist action against personnel and facilities is imminent. Implementation of measures in this THREATCON for more than a short period probably will create hardship and affect the peacetime activities of the unit and its personnel.

SOURCE

as for your question.
edit on 22-3-2012 by TheIlluminatedOne because: ignorance

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

No such thing a threat con, it is called Force Protection Condition, meaning the level of readiness of protection of the base. If a unit is deploying the FPCON does not change...

29INFDIV

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I am military and I say baloney.

Nobody is increasing REAL WORLD FPCON, this is probably an exercise going to EXERCISE FPCON Charlie. They are not goign Delta, that is where you basically threw any credibility out the window.

You know what is actually required for DELTA? We got attacked we went delta, we launched campaigns in two middle eastern countries, guess what the normal average fpcon was in the USA (which you said it was in a state) that is ALPHA.

again, this is probably just yanking your chain.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 29INFDIV

No such thing a threat con, it is called Force Protection Condition, meaning the level of readiness of protection of the base. If a unit is deploying the FPCON does not change...

29INFDIV

Different name, same measures.

"Terrorist Threat Condition" (THREATCON) has now been replaced by the term "Terrorist Force Protection Condition" (FPCON). Individual classifications and measures remain the same.

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel

I am military and I say baloney.

Nobody is increasing REAL WORLD FPCON, this is probably an exercise going to EXERCISE FPCON Charlie. They are not goign Delta, that is where you basically threw any credibility out the window.

You know what is actually required for DELTA? We got attacked we went delta, we launched campaigns in two middle eastern countries, guess what the normal average fpcon was in the USA (which you said it was in a state) that is ALPHA.

again, this is probably just yanking your chain.

Hence why the conclusion now is that is a drill..

did again, lol
edit on 22-3-2012 by TheIlluminatedOne because: double post

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LennyDaRetard

THREATCON is term used when a major threat is detected www.fas.org... from the link

The threat conditions (THREATCONs) outlined below describe the progressive level of a terrorist threat to all US military facilities and personnel under DOD Directive O-2000.12. As approved by the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the terminology and definitions are recommended security measures designed to ease inter-Service coordination and support of US military antiterrorism activities. The purpose of the THREATCON system is accessibility to, and easy dissemination of, appropriate information. The declaration, reduction, and cancellation of THREATCONs remain the exclusive responsibility of the commanders specified in the order. Although there is no direct correlation between threat information (e.g., Intelligence Summaries, Warning Reports, and Spot Reports) and THREATCONs, such information, coupled with the guidance provided below, assists commanders in making prudent THREATCON declarations. THREATCONs may also be suffixed with the geographic area deemed at risk. Once a THREATCON is declared, the selected security measures are implemented immediately. NOTE: When used in antiterrorism plans, recommend that the information contained in this appendix be marked "For Official Use Only" (FOUO) in accordance with DOD Regulation 5400.7-R, October 1990. The DOD Directive O-2000.12 recommended measures are:

THREATCON NORMAL exists when a general threat of possible terrorist activity exists but warrants only a routine security posture.
THREATCON ALPHA applies when there is a general threat of possible terrorist activity against personnel and facilities, the nature and extent of which are unpredictable, and circumstances do not justify full implementation of THREATCON BRAVO measures. However, it may be necessary to implement certain measures from higher THREATCONs resulting from intelligence received or as a deterrent. The measures in this THREATCON must be capable of being maintained indefinitely.
the next question should be is this threat con for real or just to stir the pot? Threat con delta is when a base goes in shut down no one in no one out with out ok from base Co www.fas.org... the short list from the link

THREATCON DELTA applies in the immediate area where a terrorist attack has occurred or when intelligence has been received that terrorist action against a specific location or person is likely. Normally, this THREATCON is declared as a localized condition.

(1) Measure 41. Continue, or introduce, all measures listed for THREATCONs BRAVO and CHARLIE.

(2) Measure 42. Augment guards as necessary.

(3) Measure 43. Identify all vehicles within operational or mission-support areas.

(4) Measure 44. Search all vehicles and their contents before allowing entrance to the installation.

(5) Measure 45. Control access and implement positive identification of all personnel--no exceptions.

(6) Measure 46. Search all suitcases, briefcases, packages; etc., brought into the installation.

(7) Measure 47. Control access to all areas under the jurisdiction of the United States.

(8) Measure 48. Make frequent checks of the exterior of buildings and of parking areas.
it does go on but you get the jest of it.

edit on 23-3-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

More than likely now it is only a drill as i have read through the THREATCONS (or FPCONS) and the Delta THREATCON obviously has not occurred, atleast that i know of:

THREATCON DELTA applies in the immediate area where a terrorist attack has occurred or when intelligence has been received that terrorist action against a specific location or person is likely. Normally, this THREATCON is declared as a localized condition.

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I stand corrected, again I am only speaking from the 'soldier's' perception. As stated in your reply, 'all classifications and measures remain the same.' So as to know of "THREATCON," generally a soldier wouldn't know. Thank you though.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 29INFDIV

29INFDIV

Thank you, Sir/Ma'am. Hence why I asked WTF was Threatcon Charlie. I was being kind of silly, since we had concluded that Threatcon Delta went out with the Cold War.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LennyDaRetard

They went back to that apparently and are still using the FPCON measures and notification. Sorry for the one liner.

29INFDIV

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join