It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Mass Object In-Coming?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Guess you are correct. Surdenly alot of great threads you have made on the subject, and i am reading them now. Loads of useful information, and qualified explanations.

Better revise ones knowledge in the Maya. Thanks

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by USXpat

Your math is not correct. The odds are not what you suggest.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
My computer clock only goes to 2099. That must mean that the end of the world is nigh!!!!

On 12/31/2099 the world will end! REPENT!!!! NIBIRU! APOPHIS!!! AHHHHH!

I'm sure that eventually, there will be some cataclysmic event, but I don't think anyone will predict it other than science and good old fashioned legwork. Hopefully we'll be at a point where we can fix it before that happens, but if not, there's not a damn thing anyone can do.

This site is filled with chicken-littles. There's no way to sort through the chaff to get to things that are actually real. It's like looking at a TV Channel that's ALWAYS static...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
reply to post by Acidtastic

In response to the videos linked in the post I'm replying to, there's this from Phage which I found in another thread :

Originally posted by Phage
You understand that the animation is a simulation, right? It comes from a computer program. That computer program uses data from the ACE satellite. The ACE satellite is located about 1 million miles out, between the Earth and the Sun. The ACE satellite has instruments which measure various aspects of the solar wind. In order to to that, those instruments are pointed toward the Sun. So, even if there were a "reversed" solar wind, the instruments would not be able to detect it.

If you're interested you can get the same data that the computer simulation uses.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not trying to explain away anything, just looking for facts and think what's said in the quote is worth knowing.

so www.swpc.noaa.gov... is down, maybe because of solar storms.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Works fine for me.
No solar storms.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...
edit on 3/29/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Char-Lee

Works fine for me.
No solar storms.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...
edit on 3/29/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I can't find the one that shows the real time magnetosphere simulation, just graphs which i can't understand.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
There is no question that a heavy mass object of some sort will be making a pass by Earth. It is probably the binary death-star that is connected with our Sun. Make no mistake something of this magnitude will not go unnoticed. This will be a world-wide visual.

When?

Where?

What angle of approach?

Where is it now?

I am not entirely skeptical.

Is it just going to pop out of hyperspace or a newly opening wormhole?

How would something like this affect physiologies of peoples?

Is this a good, bad or unprecedented thing in our recorded histories?

Please excuse me, I just realized this thread is 40 pages long, I can't devote the resources to that, please trust me or I would. Is there a summation or key posts to be read?
edit on 30-3-2012 by Skylonda because: Just realized this thread is 40 pages long and I have at least 11 other threads to try and absorb. The effect of this on me is that I am barely staying out of the looney bin. I am losing my ability to function normally day to day in this world.

edit on 30-3-2012 by Skylonda because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Is this a joke thread?

Taking a while to get to the punch line!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
After watching the videos supplied within this thread, combined with my rudimentary knowledge of the solar system (its all fifteen years outdated, after all), I've developed a theory concerning how a massive planetoid could go unnoticed. We all know about the supposedly gargantuan orbit this celestial body follows, but little has been put forth about its velocity. From what I know of relativity, if it were to be near or matching the speed of the Earth as it orbits, and if it were (as the OP video suggested) aligned to chase the Earth around the sun, it should remain quite unnoticeable except by Kepler, perhaps. Of course, I wouldn't hold my breath for NASA to be honest. It would appear faint and then bright, like a nova, with little or nothing to suggest its size or position save gravitic shifts.

However, despite this and the other evidence put forth in the thread, I remain unconvinced. I do believe that there is a large, unknown planet within our solar system; the planetary wobble of Neptune pretty much seals that. However, two things would already have been seen if something as large as Nibiru supposedly is were to move further into the solar system: Firstly, the outermost planets wobble would decrease significantly, and secondly, the inner planets and their moons would wobble more violently as the object approached and passed. To my knowledge, this has not happened, so I can't really believe that a massive planetoid is approaching.

The images of the magnetosphere are something I cannot explain. Either they were manufactured, or something as of yet unknown, perhaps a force of nature never witnessed, HAARP, or dark matter is affecting our little rock.
Would that I could go right out into orbit and take a look myself, but I can't.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

After watching the videos supplied within this thread, combined with my rudimentary knowledge of the solar system (its all fifteen years outdated, after all), I've developed a theory concerning how a massive planetoid could go unnoticed. We all know about the supposedly gargantuan orbit this celestial body follows, but little has been put forth about its velocity. From what I know of relativity, if it were to be near or matching the speed of the Earth as it orbits, and if it were (as the OP video suggested) aligned to chase the Earth around the sun, it should remain quite unnoticeable except by Kepler, perhaps. Of course, I wouldn't hold my breath for NASA to be honest. It would appear faint and then bright, like a nova, with little or nothing to suggest its size or position save gravitic shifts.

Such an object would leave a huge streak across the plates of whole sky surveys. It would be moving rapidly across the night sky to keep pace with the Earth.

the planetary wobble of Neptune pretty much seals that.

There is no wobble in Neptune's orbit.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Nevermind. Outdated information again; I really need to brush up on my info before speaking again.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Malfeitor because: I was wrong.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

No. Speak up. Ask questions. There are some incredibly smart people here. What is interesting is that you didn't try to wallop me for pointing out issues.

For example, Neptune was considered to have a hard to predict orbit. It turns out that the reason was due to an error in the mass of Neptune. It was off by 0.5%. Seems like a small amount, but that is roughly the mass of Mars. The correction was worked out by observing how Voyager II passed by Neptune in 1989.

Check out the Voyager II flyby by doing a search.

The error led many astronomers to search for Planet X. The best data available suggested there was something to find. When the data was refined the unpredictable nature of the outer planets went away.

Can there be something out that is planet sized or larger? Yes. The problem is that it must be far enough away that today's instruments cannot detect the effect it has on the known objects in the solar system.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The thing which has really sparked my imagination is the concept of rogue planets; I recently saw a documentary which stated the probability that our own sun, due to the gravity of its planets in the early stages, ejected planets into the void. After studying Europa, the moon of Jupiter, I came to the conclusion that an ejected gas giant of sufficient size, retaining it's moons, could result in something we've never seen: Life devoid of solar influence. With enough gravitic torsion, by my understanding, any moon around such a supposed giant could produce heat, liquid water, and potentially life (this does not mean that I suppose all life requires water, but its an easier conclusion, at this point, to draw).

I wonder how many giants of such stature could have been ejected by not only our sun, and what this could mean. If Nibiru is out there, can we really call it a denizen of our solar community? If such a lightless world could evolve life, would it have any resemblance to what we know? Would we even recognize it as a life-form? Perhaps more importantly, would such a life recognize us?

All theory, admittedly, but food for thought.

Stereologist, I have a question. You seem ably equipped to answer it; at what degree is the incoming object located by referencing the stars? I've done little Nibiru research, but every source seems to have a different answer. While my telescope is twenty years old, and hardly the most powerful, I'd still like to have a look.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Stereologist, I have a question. You seem ably equipped to answer it; at what degree is the incoming object located by referencing the stars? I've done little Nibiru research, but every source seems to have a different answer. While my telescope is twenty years old, and hardly the most powerful, I'd still like to have a look.

The stars provide a means of orienting ourselves on the sky. It is easier to point out that Mars in currently in Leo than to give coordinates such as right ascension and declination.

The power of your telescope is not the age, but the diameter of the mirror.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Call it what you will but all this scienctific speculation of another 'body' within our system almost borders on complete confirmation. It's just called; conditioning the masses.

But it's amazing, science can give roughly the same trajectory, orbit and "claim" as people have with Nibiru but--- if they call it Nemesis or Tyche, that somehow trumps over the Nibiru-claim and makes everything, a-okay!

I know. Baby steps.
Many people still rely on MSM to tell them how and when to think and although I believe we're moving away from that (because we simply know better) it's still sad to see.

And please, to the debunkers, deniers and de-railers, save your 'it's only a hypothesis' diatribe for another thread. Many if not most of us believe differently.

Many are convinced that 'something' is out there in the Cloud of Oort and is flinging comets in the direction of the Sun. It is also believed that the Sun's companion -sometimes called Nemesis-

originalscientist.blogspot.com...

Evidence Mounts For Companion Star To Our Sun
The Binary Research Institute (BRI) has found that orbital characteristics of the recently discovered planetoid, "Sedna", demonstrate the possibility that our sun might be part of a binary star system. A binary star system consists of two stars gravitationally bound orbiting a common center of mass.

www.spacedaily.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Is this a joke thread?

Taking a while to get to the punch line!!!

My thread title purposefully dons a question mark. This is not a claim. It's a question. And a very good one at that.

If you want punch lines, simply tune into your 6-o'clock nightly news report

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Correction: I have calculated Mayan calender. It uses 5 18- and 20- digit increments. By extrapolating from the start of their calender, I calculated 21/12/2012 to be 00-00-00-00-13, not 00-00-00-00-00. The calender does not end in 2012, it still has alot of years to go. Make the calculation yourself, the material is in Wikipedia.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

You are mixing properties of Nemsis with properties of Tyche. The blog does the same. It references an article which is a report on Tyche that is a little mixed up as well.

Nemesis is no longer considered a possibility.
Tyche's prospects are dimming rapidly as the WISE data has not turned up anything.

It is not the norm for stars such as our Sun to have brown dwarf companions. It is clear that there is no luminous companion to our Sun.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Not to mention that in our section of the galaxy multi-star systems are not the norm. So starting off with the fact that it would be out of the norm for our star to have a companion and the taking into consideration that is exceedingly rare for a yellow dwarf to have a companion that is anything other than another yellow dwarf it becomes clear that the odds of our Sun having a hidden companion is near nil.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
When are all you "ATS scientist" gonna finally pop your deluded bubble and realize that you don't know jack ****. Neptune does this, Pluto does that, the sun can't do this. You don't know nothing, all you know is what you've read and what you choose to believe. When **** goes down I bet it's going to be almost instantaneous and all you science freaks are going to sit there like "that shouldn't have been able to happen" and it's gonna be too late. Science wants to give answers for everything yet we still know absolutely nothing. The two main questions are still theory's, big bang theory and theory of evolution. Until I see science explain these two with facts I'm gonna let science take a back seat to my brain.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Intelligence101 because: (no reason given)

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join