It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by snalesnot
ye and good luck making perfectly flat surfaces on every side of 100 tons stones then transfering it 60miles on wooden logs without any chips or damage to the sides.

Only a fool would attempt such a thing.

You move a rough stone THEN you finish it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Sure, yelling at blocks and blowing horns at them, while vibrating them with a musical instruments tuning accessory across the ocean and land for thousands of miles sometimes,... certainly took a lot of thought, I'll admit to that. A lot of imagination too.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
How does a race of people who didn't even have a written language supposed to come up with the concept of a sonic drill?

Also moving the rocks by magnetism is lodestone native to that area?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Very interesting thread - no Intergalactic Visitors involved in our history hmmm....

How did the technology described within this thread evolve?

How did mankind learn to use the technology that is explored within this thread?

Who were the Teachers?

How long did it take for mankind to experiment and get techniques perfected?

I can only see how an external influence actually enabled mankind to develop architectural skills, in particular skills that warranted the cutting, placement and moving rock of megolithic proportions. It is one thing to cite NASA as a current reference and what I want to know is who represented NASA in our ancient history - Intergalactic Visitors perhaps...??!!

Much Peace...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Interesting theory and quite plausible however I don't see this being the case in the grand scheme of things. At lease by a multitude of civilizations supposedly without any contact. It's like assuming several separate cultures invented the automobile and created automobile factory. When we know one man named Ford in the United States invented the automobile. Then other countries copied and back engineered the car. It's not the same as inventing the wheel or creating fire.

Then you say "No Aliens" well how do you know that? If Aliens were present even during mans alleged building of such wonders? If they intervened or not at all? The issue is not just "great blocks" but artifacts, hieroglyphs, accounts of these beings in the same description ect. I am weary to dub these beings "Aliens" but still acknowledge the bigger picture to this. I could debunk one youtube video of Chinese lanterns and make a thread saying " video a hoax aliens are not visiting earth" aliens must not be real lol.

Cool theory though

edit: enough with the sensationalism in misleading thread titles "this is proof aliens are real" and "this is proof aliens are not real" sighs

edit on 19-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
When we know one man named Ford in the United States invented the automobile.

Uhh.. you might want to rethink this line.. quite a bit.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
How does a race of people who didn't even have a written language supposed to come up with the concept of a sonic drill?

Also moving the rocks by magnetism is lodestone native to that area?

EXACTLY

But hey you better not insult the potential of ancient man! - I say this sarcastically

It's funny some people get offended when you doubt a culture could do these things that existed thousands of years ago they are not even descended from. They will claim these feats can be done today yet nobody is willing to try to recreate it with the tooling they claim. The irony is the tooling was not left behind and is nowhere to be found? Diamond tip drills should be scattered around somewhere but nowhere to be found? Diamonds are forever.,

So if the world ends and humanity dies off and some other species discovers our remains, buildings, artifacts can we expect them to find a toolbox?

I would certainly think so

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

It was not proven Ferdinand Verbiest built the vehicle. Some say Karl Benz but I am an American I would give him credit for it but as far as I am concerned it was Ford because America rules and the rest of the world sucks imo. We build the best cars in the world to this day btw.

"Ford" invented the car that is what they teach us here in good ol U SA Yeeeaaaaaahhaaaaaaawwwwwww

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
YOU MIGHT FIND THE INFORMATION HERE USEFUL...
A HUGE BOOK, I HAVE BEEN PERUSING IT FOR 35 YEARS NOW...
www.urantia.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by n3mesis
i watched the last episode of ancient aliens dedicated to puma punku and what i didn't know is that there where 2 separate styles of stone work.. the earliest was the melted stone style and the most recent was the style you could imagine that "man" constructed and while i don't disagree about the awesome mind of a human and the ability to work out these things i just can't wrap my mind around the fact that "man" had a a hand in the building of the "melted stone" work.. puma punku and the sort, to me, is the best evidence we have for aliens in my opinion. i've worked construction all my life i'm a master mason, not the secret society and i've worked with about every stone you can find and tool and i have never in all my life seen anything even remotely close to achieve anything like what we see there.

Isn't it also just as likely that both were built by entirely different civilizations?

You can't date stone, and since there is no mortar in the shiny stone structures they could be a million years old for all we know.

A stone quarry is a resource that would stay put, so it's possible that the second civilization tried to copy the styles they saw already there, just not as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
reply to post by Furbs

It was not proven Ferdinand Verbiest built the vehicle. Some say Karl Benz but I am an American I would give him credit for it but as far as I am concerned it was Ford because America rules and the rest of the world sucks imo.

At least that is what they teach us here in good ol USA Yeeeaaaaaahhaaaaaaawwwwwww

Well, as a fellow American.. and someone who calls Michigan his birth state, I would like to point out that not all of us are as incredibly ignorant as the person to whom this post is in reply.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Nice hypothesis, but there's a big problem with it.

If devices like the Antikytheran mechanism and the Baghdad battery can be found, where are the remains of the devices that did these and why can't they be found?

Until an actual mechanism can be found, it's just an unprovable hypothesis.

But who knows. Such a device may have actually been found, but the scientific community is keeping it under wraps.

Maybe. Exceptionally big maybe.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Either way you cut it humanity has been regressing rather than progressing. We are told not to believe in atlantians and lemurians, we are told not to believe ufos are alien craft, we are told to believe some diseases are too hard to cure, we are told to believe a bunch of slaves that were malnurished were capable of lifting mega boulders, we are told to beleive politicians try their best.......

The lies never end but time continues to pass with the same predictable results...we go backwards, stagnate, or make a few leaps in unimportant areas.

Good and bad aliens have always visited this planet. Some reside here in hollow earth and call themselves the guardians; probably the fallen angels discussed in genesis of the old testament.

The only logical explanation for the irrational behavior of people is a)they are too brainwashed or b)get paid to misinform.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

edit on 19-3-2012 by snalesnot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The Greeks invented the steam engine - so anything is possible.

Back to the Ops theory, I have stood under the largest monolith in England - Rudston Monlith and without a shadow of a doubt, there is something going on with the acoustics. The sound as you speak, hangs around with a low humming. I will record and then You tube next time I am there.

I will also try with the acoustics of Devils Arrows as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by snalesnot
ye and good luck making perfectly flat surfaces on every side of 100 tons stones then transfering it 60miles on wooden logs without any chips or damage to the sides.

Only a fool would attempt such a thing.

You move a rough stone THEN you finish it.

how the hell do you move a 100ton rough stone 60miles on logs? oh wait it must of been 150tons so then they carved it to 100 haha. i think not
edit on 19-3-2012 by snalesnot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'm kind of wondering why I never saw rocks moving at any of the numerous rock concerts, celtic, classical, etc., that I've attended in 40 years...with thousands of fans often singing along. Never heard of a report of this either, while I do believe sound technology was in fact used in many instances in the ancient past, it sure as heck was not as simplistic as "The ancients could of very well of vibrated a stone across the ground with horns, loud shouting or singing/chanting or tuning forks. "

Personally I believe the ETs/Ancient Aliens taught this technology to ancient man. But I know, the human egotists will discount this theory, despite this also being just a theory.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I find this too incomplete to believe.

If the ancients had this particular technology to construct these giant structures and major cities like Puma Punku, then why did the technology not spread like a rabid fire across continents? And why is there no Sumerian or even Egyptian writing mentioning sound waves anywhere?

Would you not think this was worthy of documenting despite Sumerian texts being very limited to that of accounting for crops, gods, and other lower level ideas?

This would have been written down and explained, then sold as information to other civilizations. But it was not!

I believe they had absolutely no idea what the technology was. All they knew was that it was there. Just like us.

This is NOT the technology they used as it would require a series of other technologies to create and manifest this particular one. They would need to understand how sound worked, which is a far fetched claim. They barely understood their own atmosphere...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Domo1

Puma Punku and Sacsayhuaman disagree.

To the OP, I definitely think there was some type of technology lost or hidden from us, which should be clear when looking at any megalith from around the world. I refuse to believe stone cutters and slaves/man power created these structures.

If such things as tuning forks were used, it still would have taken thousands of years to do what the ancients did in 20 years.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Humans could have discovered acoustics & harmonics dwelling in caves.
Especially while playing instruments.

They could have also discovered it by watching the bee.

It came to me one day, many years ago, watching a bumble take off that maybe the BUZZ sound
in combination with the "fur" the bee had, actually levitated the bee. Then I remembered that
Egyptians worshipped or greatly valued bees.

This guy talks about bugs and their possible levitation properties:

Regarding the tuning fork.

The symbol of Poseidon's power was the trident, or a spear with three points, with which he used to shatter rocks, to call forth or subdue storms, to shake the earth, and the like.

Also, Poseidon built walls:

Poseidon in conjunction with Apollo is said to have built the walls of Troy for Laomedon

I think before we attribute our achievements to aliens, we should first look at all options here at home.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join