It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Triangle-Shaped coronal hole in the Sun. Today's images from NASA SDO. Any explanations??

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've read the thread, I see all the jokes and name-calling and I look at the image;

Whilst I don't jump to a triangle hypothesis like the OP you have got to agree that a random display of straight lined coronal holes is unusual.

I’m not one of these people that check spaceweather every day so someone may have an image to prove me wrong but for the lay person I wouldn’t expect such crisp line formation to what is generally a volatile environment. I know, funnier things have happened, but I give some credit to the OP – they’ve seen something unusual and they posted it for intellectual discussion. Adding a dramatic headline is part of the course thesedays. It could well be an unusual coronal hole, but for those who actually want to understand the mechanics of a pattern (and no it’s not necessarily pareidolia) in nature I think ATS should be fair game.

edit on 13-3-2012 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Im going to read through the posts and see what other stuff comes up but seriously I can see a Halloween Pumpkin

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

I’m not one of these people that check spaceweather every day so someone may have an image to prove me wrong but for the lay person I wouldn’t expect such crisp line formation to what is generally a volatile environment. I know, funnier things have happened, but I give some credit to the OP – they’ve seen something unusual and they posted it for intellectual discussion.

There was no problem with the OP´s question at all but more with how the answers that were factual were handled.

Already posted some pics, these two also had pretty straight lines.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I guess it's something different to say this has never happened before (two large straight lines) and patterns containing straight lines. The higher resolution image from today (to me) seems more regular than the two you post but I agree that shapes can be formed by coronal holes.

It will be interesting to see what effect it has on the solar wind.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Anyone still doubting what?? Just because there happens to be a darker patch on the sun that is shaped similar to a triangle does not mean there has to be more to it.
So what do you think this is?? Alien ship hiding inside the sun??

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by darthdamo74

Im going to read through the posts and see what other stuff comes up but seriously I can see a Halloween Pumpkin

i thot it was just me i see it 2 look at the sun and the pumpkin is facing to the right like a side view.

i can see an eye and the mouth and nose easiuly. the pumpkin is kinda laughing. good catch.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is nothing new "shapes" appear on the sun all the time and they are generally formed by a humans perception not on their own. Some people see a triangle, I for one do not. If it were a solid triangle that'd be another story. I think solar cycle 24 is going to be something for the record books don't get me wrong but I don't think this is anything significant. It'still a pretty cool shot.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Please check JohnKettler.com. He is a theorist with ET/ED connections. Click on his blog, and get today's and previous postings. Supposedly, the ET/ED's took the pakistani warheads and headed off a reptoid invasion through the star gate of our sun. Yep. I know its wild, but so is everything else.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalf

Whilst I don't jump to a triangle hypothesis like the OP you have got to agree that a random display of straight lined coronal holes is unusual.

I agree 100%

Are there other pics similar to this one from the past?
edit on 13-3-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I found this on another site. They were talking about Mayan artifacts recently discovered and the artifact in question in the video shows a depiction of the sun with UFOs coming out of it and I don't know if the artifact was damaged but it looks an awful lot like a triangle. Go to 6:04 on the vid.The Vid

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I've tried to be fair and at the same time honest with myself. I cannot see any point to this thread?

Is it that if you make any observation whatsoever regarding the Sun, people will pile on and create topics where none exist? I guess that must be it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gunaire

If you are talking about Nassim Haramein videos, I've already seen these artifacts but I couldn't find other sources to corroborate him.

Btw, the database of SOHO and NASCOM websites are missing A LOT of frames between March 11 and 12, when we are supposed to see the triangle.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
People might be interested in looking at this video from thebarcaroller who is a solar watcher and earthquake forecaster. It contains "updates" that appear in a bar across the top of the video that confirm some of his predictions.

Personally I know nothing about this stuff. They seem to believe that there is some kind of mirroring of effects on the Sun by the Earth, at corresponding latitudes. You'll see what I mean if you look at the video. I believe he is predicting the possiblity of a quake in Chile (7.2) based on the state of the Sun's corona on March 4.

I think the video was made March 4, 2012.

It would be interesting to hear his response to the latest information.

edit on 13-3-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It strikes me that solarwatcher and thebarcaroller seem to be working within a framework that James McCanney might be able to relate to. The notions of the "electric universe" and the "solar capacitor".

If there is a planetary influence on coronal mass ejections it might be observable on Venus as disturbances of that planet's atmosphere. Just winging it a little.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunaire

I found this on another site. They were talking about Mayan artifacts recently discovered and the artifact in question in the video shows a depiction of the sun with UFOs coming out of it and I don't know if the artifact was damaged but it looks an awful lot like a triangle. Go to 6:04 on the vid.The Vid

What do you think?

Dude that vid was AWEZOME! I believe it exactly explains what this triangle is: A Stargate for the ufos to exit, it even shows some UFO:S that have already arrived (probably out of the stargate) from photos taken by STEREO!

Why is this not in mainstream news?????

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol
reply to post by NeoVain

Anyone still doubting what?? Just because there happens to be a darker patch on the sun that is shaped similar to a triangle does not mean there has to be more to it.
So what do you think this is?? Alien ship hiding inside the sun??

Don´t play dumb. I have already stated what i believe it is earlier in the thread. Too lazy to read?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

I tried, no one listen. They seemed all blinded and only talking about the shape. How ignorant human could be.

Don't you guys know Nasa edits pictures before they post it sometimes?
Don't you know relate EVERYTHING to 2012/2013 the end of the world that really sounds stupid?
Why you post something without doing research and reading books or even talking to some smart people?
Why you post something without reading other people's comments?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Why does this post have loads of stars? Loads of triangles drawn on the sun and because he has a gold border and a multitude of posts it deserves stars..

incredible

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
Wow, phage I have a lot of respect for you and the work you do here - but that was a pretty half-arsed debunk.

Clearly the triangles you indicated on your picture are simply 3 points joined together. The triangle that is completely obvious in the OP, without needing to draw lines over the image, is almost entirely solid. It is not just the frame of a triangle formed by choosing 3 random points, it is a solid shape.

I've looked at quite a few sun images over the years, and I've never seen anything like this. It may well be a completely normal phenomena, but I would've expected phage to go straight to showing us past examples of the same phenomena to show it's a normal thing.

The fact that he didn't makes me scared!!

He could have shown this to set you at ease, but then again, it's a strange phenomena as well...

Kevin Baines of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, said: "This is a very strange feature, lying in a precise geometric fashion with six nearly equally straight sides. "We've never seen anything like this on any other planet. Indeed, Saturn's thick atmosphere where circularly-shaped waves and convective cells dominate is perhaps the last place you'd expect to see such a six-sided geometric figure, yet there it is." Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Link

My Guess is something is happening on a quantum level. For example, when you start speeding up liquids faster than sound in a vortex, it begins to behave quite oddly. No longer does the liquid spin like a whirlpool, but it starts to make geometric shapes.

The same can be said for this:

The same thing is happening with the sun's frequency IMO. Huge. Very huge.
edit on 13-3-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join