It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a criminal? Do you know any?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If people knew what crime was they wouldn't put up with it.
A criminal is someone who takes and gives nothing of value in return.

Here are some examples:
Burglary - something taken in the owners absence.
Robbery - something taken in the owners presence.
Pickpocketing - something taken in the owners presence but without his knowledge.
Assault - Some part of the person is harmed. He loses health. (SOME cells die with any injury)
Fraud - assets taken through false representation.
Murder - everything the person has or will have is taken away. (Got that from "Unforgiven")

There are more I am sure. Surely there are varying degrees of severity but they all have the
common thread that weaves them together.

"But, if a person steals a loaf of bread to feed his family ...?" That is what a Judge is for.

"Wait a minute! You are trying to call my kid a criminal! ..." Children give love and even
grandchildren in return.

"Then why are so many people in jail?" To convince them to lead a life of crime. Without crime people tend to not want "governance" for safety.

"So when I give a dollar to a guy on the street, am I making a criminal?" Not if you get a sense of neighborliness or community from doing it. More so if you also talk with him and give him an easily doable task for the buck.

I could go on but I think its clear from the above.

So here is a question: Do you know anyone getting something for nothing? Do you know anyone who takes
and gives not?

Kind suggestion: Get them out of your life.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I would love to, but the goverment seems too big too scrap with.................
every time somebody stands up for their rights, the establishment knocks them down, discredits them, and imprisons the ones who are getting through to the public.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ha the government takes so much the amount they claim to give back is close to zero... So they are the criminals, and the way they run the government creates people to become criminals... Some people have no choice, they try an try but get nothing so they have to take it..

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

TextSo here is a question: Do you know anyone getting something for nothing? Do you know anyone who takes

98.7% of every body on this earth gets 'something for nothing ',every day,every second,and every minute of there life until the day they die.
edit on 15-2-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yoesse

So here is a question: Do you know anyone getting something for nothing? Do you know anyone who takes and gives not? Kind suggestion: Get them out of your life.

My personal view is fairly simple and based on an experience I had some years back...

I was checking out at a neighborhood grocery store when I was approached by a young woman claiming she was in desperate need of money to buy some baby diapers. Her request was witnessed by several people, including cashiers from two lines and other customers... who were all listening to the plea.

The sum required was about $8 and after a few seconds of thinking, I agreed to buy the diapers she needed... which seemed the better way than to simply hand her the cash. She went back, picked out her product and we checked out. After the purchase was complete, she went to a rather beat up automobile with a scruffy-looking male in the driver's seat waiting for her. They drove away.

The cashier then came up to me and told me that she was a regular to the store and that most figured that she would take the diapers to another store and get a cash refund.

One might have felt taken, or had, even. I could have said no... I could have said nothing and walked away.

But my feeling was that if this woman and her child were in genuine need... and I had turned them away, the sin would have been mine. But, if she took the help dishonestly and later returned those diapers for a cash refund so that she or her guy could buy drugs or booze... the sin was theirs.

The weight of the issue was, for me, lifted with nothing more than a little basic, moral compassing.
edit on 15-2-2012 by redoubt because: bad typo

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I know what you mean. Tough row to hoe. You have named a really BIG one. Star. At least you are walking down the dark alley and you know what is there. Some don't even know that.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
OP are you trying to make a point about the govt. taxing people or do you generally want to know crimes we've committed? I was a little confused by the opening post but it sparked some interest.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

You are a good person and a friend.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm not trying to rag on the government for taxing. I really am not interested in anyone disclosing crimes on an open forum. I am just aware of what crime really is. If more people knew it as well it would become less popular. Yes it seems criminality is "popular" Look at TV and video games.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoesse
reply to post by redoubt

You are a good person and a friend.

Thank you for the compliment but... that was not what I was aiming for.

The point was that there is no guilt in helping someone even if they take advantage of you... even if they use what they get from you to break the law. They are responsible for their actions... but if we turn someone away out of anger or fear of what we think that MAY do... then we are really no better.

That's all.

edit on 15-2-2012 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Read Treason by Design found here on ATS and on the web, that will give you the best explanation of a crime that most citizens commit and do not even know it.

ATS link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i would guess that few on here have never commited a crime. parking, dustbins bla bla bla.

In my mind, a crime is commited when someone causes harm to another, without good reason. that could be physical, emotional or financial. in the main, the laws society have created are not there for the greater good, to protect the majority. they are there to protect those who have and undermine those who have little.

im not a criminal, i live an honest and open life, but i have commited crime. i don't think this subject is as black and white as you have painted it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by eccentriclady

A new born babe is crime free. So is someone parking illegally or leaving their dustbin out on Tuesday or whatever.
Those are not crimes. Many of the laws on the books call those crimes. It is not a crime because a law says it is.

A criminal is someone who leads a lifestyle of committing crimes as per my first post. Very few people actually do that but you would not think so by the amount of attention "crime " gets in the media.

It can seem complicated. It can be confusing. It becomes more so when the term is used so loosely.

By using the idea that it is just taking and not giving simplifies it and the criminals stand out like boil.

I'm not on this thread to convince anyone. I am here because there are some who will read this an go "Ahhhh!"
They will then have more awareness with which to remove some thorns from their life.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Yeah.....we're ALL "criminals" to 'them'. And, why do we care, anyway? We'd rather try to observe "their" thousands, upon thousands, of laws and ordinances...as compared to God's 2: Love HIM and Love our neighbor, as we love ourselves; while "they" live without law??? Why EXACTLY do we bow to mortal man??? Someone PLEASE, refresh my memory.

See, my BIGGEST problem is this: our 'system', in it's ENTIRETY, is all an elaborate ILLUSION, that has people captivated, and unable to think properly. What boggles me even further, is that people will do ANYTHING, for those that pay them! Then again, the B.I.B.L.E. does say: "for the LOVE OF MONEY is the ROOT OF ALL EVIL"!!! Now, people say: "money is the root of all evil"....but again, the B.I.B.L.E. says: "THE LOVE OF MONEY"....and there is a HUGE difference. Money IS NOT EVIL, but LOVING it causes evil; or will have you doing evil things.

Oh, and interestingly enough...God calls one that HATES: A Murderer. Go figure!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think a simple definition as to what constitutes a crime is when you do something to someone else that you wouldn't want to have done to you. If we all thought about that before doing something, this world could be very beautiful indeed.

There are also cultural factors involved - what is considered a crime in one part of the world, isn't in another, for some things. Here in the UK, we don't stone women to death for the 'crime' of adultery, or for having been raped! Other parts of the world seem to think this is perfectly acceptable.

So anyone gone 35 miles an hour in a 30 zone, taken a few envelopes from work......................?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Yes, I'm a criminal.

I steal prescription drugs from my mom and sell them at my school.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yoesse

I'm still pretty vague on what you're saying. Something for nothing is a crime? I'm not trying to be a pain I just want to understand what you are saying.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Star for a good example of a crime. I do appreciate the humor. However you are probably doing your mom a favor. Some of those can be very addictive and perhaps just perhaps she won't wig out as a zombie when the pharmaceuticals just stop because of economic collapse.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

seems like you got it

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

TextSo here is a question: Do you know anyone getting something for nothing? Do you know anyone who takes

98.7% of every body on this earth gets 'something for nothing ',every day,every second,and every minute of there life until the day they die.
edit on 15-2-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I want my freebees. thepoliticalcarnival.net...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join