It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New here,worry about religions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yeah,hey hi,last summer I still remember I read a bunch of NWO conspiracies here haha ,but now I shift my focus towards religion. Honestly, this religion matter have bug me lately ,after some research, currently I think either Islam,Gnosticism or Buddhism are the most probable "real" religion(hopefully there are easier alternatives), my worry is Islam .

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hey welcome welcome to the sea of knowledge

"I think either Islam,Gnosticism or Buddhism are the most probable "real" "

Outta all of them , i would have to agree. these three are most probable . vs the other ones we see humans tinker with today.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS...hope you find the answers you are looking for here.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Btw,what are flags??? curious .

Islam: Mathematical miracles or miracle like things inside the Qur'an ,Qur'an uncorrupted (afaik) , lots of miracles related to them (whether are they "real" depends on the person who views it) ,extremely unlikely to be created by men ,Porphet Muhammad couldn't have written the Qur'an , the islamic G-d challenges all of us to create a book that can rival Qur'an,I got a feeling none of us could do it ..................at least not now.

Gnosticism : Radical viewpoint and something like the opposite of Judaism ??? I am surprised by the lack of correlation of this religion and Islam ,coz they seem to be at the opposite end of spectrum , out of these 3,I am most unknowledgeable about this religion.

Buddhism: Not based on G-d afaik. Know about it since young ,greatly based on logic and common sense ,Buddha even says that don;t believe what that is said to you unless you believe in it even if it is said by himself is kinda cool. But I DON;T really believe in sects that practise idolatry (no offense), Buddha said don't worship him iirc.(Yeah,I know some of them don't exactly "pray" to Sakyamuni Buddha ,just my opinion)

Sorry,if I stated anything wrong here,intentionally or accidentally.
edit on 26-1-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hi there and welcome

I think it is a good that you research them before reaching any conclusions, I also do this

I have not settled on a 'belief'...yet., maybe never will. I am certain though that my survival does not depend on it.

Have fun on the board

Namaste

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

Welcome to ATS. If I am anything at the moment I think The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (Pastafarianism) would probably be the closest.

In the Name of the Pasta, and of the Sauce, and of the Holy Meatballs...

Accept His Noodly Magnificence into your heart, into your soul, and ye shall forever be free. R'Amen

Have an enlightening time here and I hope to see you around.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hi thr ,hey what are flags???

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker
Hi thr ,hey what are flags???

"Flagging enables you to signify that you feel this is an important thread. The more flags a thread receives, the higher its "status" as compared to other threads, and the more likely it is to appear on the site home page and forum summary pages. Top-flagged threads for the week also go out in our weekly email newsletter. "

More information is provided here by our illustrious Commander and Chief "SkepticOverlord" in a thread entitled: The ATS Thread Flagging System (it's a bit dated, but still explains much).
edit on 1/26/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Welcome QuantumSeeker

To save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache and frustration, please review the below....

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

I still cant figure out how to put an avatar up??

Signature Guidelines

Be sure to try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Aite ,thnx for the introduction.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
accidental double psots sorry

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
hello and welcome.
Buddhism is not a religion.
it is a path to enlightenment.
they dont have gods. but they do believe in them.
I would recommend there meditation.
so many types of Buddhism !

DONT have anything to do with the
New Kadampa Tradition.
they are a Cult and take all your money.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
hello and welcome.
Buddhism is not a religion.
it is a path to enlightenment.
they dont have gods. but they do believe in them.
I would recommend there meditation.
so many types of Buddhism !

DONT have anything to do with the
New Kadampa Tradition.
they are a Cult and take all your money.

Well,it depends on what is the definition for religion imo, for example isn;t in Pure Land Buddhism they sort of chant amitabha which is some sort of uhm ......veneration?? Ya I know they don;t have gods as in those that are suppose to be worshipped (but instead most of buddhists believe in the existence of deva if I am not mistaken ),what I mean is the "veneration" (not sure if its the right word ) of bodhisattvas or other buddhas.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Welcome Quantum Seeker

I think all the religions are "real", the question is : who has the truth?

We won't know the truth, until we die, unfortunately. Hopefully there's something after this.

It's the journey of seeking that's important

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
^ Man,I hope only the journey is important,I really hope so....

new topics

top topics

join