It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Is Speeding Up Very Very Rapidly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I just wanted to comment on the fact that i am losing hours and sometimes a day seemingly just getting up at 8am and washing a few dishes, feeding the dogs, going for a walk- After this, 5 or 6 hours seem to have gone by so rapidly that its scaring me.

Yes, my life is dull- thats besides the point, though.

Does anyone feel like this here?

Is this just my perception of time now, or

Thank you for your replies.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Get a job, it will slow right back down again

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Sounds like parenthood.

Joking aside I've felt this speeding up process going on for years.
Oh for the good old days.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
How old are you?

It's often said that the older you get, the faster time seems to go by. I'm only 22 and i've noticed this happen quite a lot, but then again, there are days that go really slowly as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
They say life speeds up due to repetition, and as you get older, you seem to do more repetition due to doing the same things and going to the same places over and over.

If you drive the same route to work every day, looking back at it, time will fly past as you seen it all before and your not creating new memories, just a repetition of every other time you went into work.

Now apply this to everything in life, and you can see how your brain is not taking anything new in and therefore time seems to fly past as you dont really remember anything from specific, you just remember the repetition of it.

Now when you change things up a bit, time will slow down as when you look back you will remember a million new things in life.

Therefore if you want life to slow down a bit, change your lifestyle and get out of the rut your in
Nothing wrong with trying new restaurants or clubs or parks or holiday spot

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I don't know, for me time seem to drag on in the past few days. Yesterday i was surprised it was only 9 pm when i had the feeling it was at least 3 hours later. Today i listened to some music, drank some beer and was surprised that it's just 2 pm when i thought it had to be at least 3 pm

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Oh i do lots more than wash 2 plates and walk the dogs.

It just seems like the days are just flying by and i never experienced this on a regular basis before.

I expected to hear: GET A JOB. If only i could find one i would.

As far as getting older, yes i am older and that may have something to do with it. But what i am experiencing is unnatural.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

NO, it is NOT just your perception of time! I know of at least 20 people that have mentioned how 'fast' time is passing! We were joking how it was just Thanksgiving and here we are getting ready for spring planting. It is really kinda scary.......

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Hmmm...glad to know i'm not alone.
It is a very strange feeling.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

on the bbc news this morning they were
showing lambs giving birth a sign of spring
usually so something sped that one up

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I expected to hear: GET A JOB. If only i could find one i would.

Go to Disney World and get a job there. They LUV retired Florida folks working for them. AND THEN .. If I ever have a miracle cure .. we could come down and visit you and we could do Disney/Epcot for FREE with ya! I love the different foods in Epcot ... touring the 'countries' ...

So you go work for Disney and I'll keep pounding on God for a miracle cure for me.
Maybe the two will match up and we can have some fun there one day!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Count your heartbeats if you don't trust clocks. Most animals (humans included) live for about 10^9 heartbeats, its a constant even for small mice, large elephants and turtles.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Come on down! My daughter in-law works there and can already get us in free. I go all the time!!!
I am very serious about this!!!!!
I would love to have you!!!

As far as me, i still have that pain in my leg off and on and i'm afraid to attempt to get a job right now.

You know how us old pharts are.

Time is out of whack, though- so hurry.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Thats very interesting!
I had never heard of that, although counting heartbeats i think would drive me over the edge.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
There never seems like enough time.

I heard about schumann resonence a few months ago (the frequency of our solar system)
And its impact on time on our planet,
Instead of 24 hours in a day (roughly), we are actually (according to this resonance) at about 16 hours in a day, but we still measure it in 24 hours.

If you know what i mean? lol. Confusing perhaps.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yes, it is strange. To add to the 'weirdness, I keep having this feeling of 'deja vu' sort of, an 'out-of-time' kind of feeling wash over me that is too hard to explain. Just adds to the feeling that time is suddenly more fluid.....

Toldja it is hard to explain!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
your perception is reality, if you perceive time moving fast, then it is... because you perceive it that way(lol)

i think we are just getting greater control over our own realities. and with everyone connected with the internet and phones and television, we move at a quicker pace. every moment is full, and there are no pauses for reflection like there used to be. plus small things, like how old tv shows are edited to allow more commercials, and new ones are designed to be faster for the same reason, music is faster too.

if you take a day to just drop out and avoid everyone else's perceptions(including your phone, internet, tv, radio and any new music).. if you dont avoid the boredom but face it head on and learn to enjoy the moments.. then just the moment.

it will slow WAY down.
i spent a day once that felt like 3-4 days. i kept wondering when it would end, noon felt like an eternity.

and when you go back, it takes a while for things to speed back up again, and for a while it seems like people are talking too fast, and music and television sound sped up.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I don't think you are imagining it at all. The months seem to fly by twice as fast as they used to.

And I do believe it has to do with the Schuman (sp) Resonance. I listened to Greg Braden alot and he speaks of this. He say that we are in the time of "no time".

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Time speeds up because your priorities change. People these days, especially as they get older, work for the weekends. They work for mini-achievements, goals, such as getting to lunch, or home to watch their favorite show, etc.

What happens because of this is our brain literally files away, quickly, any mundane experiences/memories and due to this, time seems to go by faster, mainly due to us programming our minds to perceive it as so. We warp time via our memories and brain's perception in order to reach those things we desire in the future quicker.

If you want to slow time down then you need to really focus on meditating and focusing on the moment, and not so much on things later on in the day, or week, or month, or year. Points in time are marked, and connected, and we tend to "leap" between these points, over many memories.

To live a longer, slower life, you must experience and exist within the moment...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The longer you live the shorter time becomes from your prospective. How long must a day seem to a 1 day old? I'll tell you - it seems longer than forever because to her at least, it is longer than her life memories. How short would a week seem to a 90 year old? Like the blink of an eye.

You're just getting old like everyone else.

Want time to seem to pass more slowly? Switch back to a 28K dial-up modem, use an old rotary style telephone, bank only during 9-5 hours at the counter, never drive faster than the speed limit, stop fast forwarding through commercials, get rid of the TV remote control.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join