It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAH 950 YEARS OLD

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is my fist new thread ever started so be gentile! Im not sure this is where I should put this but here I go! Im gonna keep this one short and sweet! I have always leaned towards evolution but because of my ignorance of the subject I have recently started to read The NIV Study Bible. I am trying to keep an open mind while I am doing so and refer to my English teacher and suspend my disbelieve for the time being but its hard to imagine anything let alone anybody living 950 years maybe some scholars on site could help me with this subject before I embark on this journey, in an understanding on trying to gain faith in something I am definitly ignorant on but also am lacking faith!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
In Mark Booth's book Secret History of the World as told by the Secret Societies (or Mystery Schools) some of the first people were actually plants. The way we evolved was Minerals > Plants > Animals > Humans as seen in The Wizard of Oz. The Tin Man > The Scarecrow guy > The Cowardly Lion > and Dorothy.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WEALLNEED2KNOW
This is my fist new thread ever started so be gentile! Im not sure this is where I should put this but here I go! Im gonna keep this one short and sweet! I have always leaned towards evolution but because of my ignorance of the subject I have recently started to read The NIV Study Bible. I am trying to keep an open mind while I am doing so and refer to my English teacher and suspend my disbelieve for the time being but its hard to imagine anything let alone anybody living 950 years maybe some scholars on site could help me with this subject before I embark on this journey, in an understanding on trying to gain faith in something I am definitly ignorant on but also am lacking faith!

I am not a bible scholar, but a lot of the stories in the bible you have to take on faith. I don't think you can FORCE yourself to believe in something, especially something you find hard to believe. Can you please explain what exactly is a "NIV study bible" ? Welcome to ATS by the way.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WEALLNEED2KNOW

Now, I'm going to respond, only half-joking.

Noah was a Reptilian. . . . . or some other kind of Alien.

Not really kidding that much. He was responsible for saving mankind from the wrath of God. He was never to be seen naked, even by his own family, and when one of his sons did see him naked, the son was outcast!

He lived to be 950 years old.

Apparently he had technical knowledge to build an Ark, and he was also able to either command the animals, or trick and trap the animals.

I'm just responding off the top of my head, but on ATS there are many, many more accounts of Noah that will lead you to believe Noah was a member of the ruling Gods, not the men at the time.

So, there you have it, and I say it with complete seriousness even though I don't really believe in reptilians.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I believe that before sin entered the world. There was no death. God did not ever create and give life to anything to have it die. The wages of sin is death. Therefore God must have created us to be immortal. We have spiraled downward since then. The Bible even says that God gives us at the most 120 yrs. No one now days lives past that. Most don't get close to that but with a few exceptions 120 yrs seems to be it. Try to add more to your threads.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
There are lots of possible and seemingly impossible explanations.
Starting with "this is just a tale" ,through "it is about tribes,not people" ,then taking turn "at seasons were different then" all the way to "it is true,who said people should live only hundred plus years? Look at scientists - they claim that they can triple the life expectancy in less then a century."
What is certain is that no one has a answer that is 100% correct. Nobody really knows.So you have to find out for yourself what suites you the most.
BTW, Noah was not the oldest in the Bible. Metushelah was 969.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
People used to live longer back then, it was a normal thing. When the bible talks about "the fall of man" its referring to being brought down to a lower state of mind because they displeased god with their selfish, greedy actions. When they where at a higher state of mind, they where able to utilize earth energy (prana, chi, ki) to a great extent.
Everything consist of this energy and having control of it can do amazing things.
Hence a diet of raw vegetables extends you life because you absorb more prana.

Keep in mind when studying the bible that it has been translated many times. Many of the key words from Hebrew to English have been replaced with something that doesn't fit and completely changes the meaning of the message. If you also look into other ancient beliefs and put them together the bible makes alot more sence..

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

"its hard to imagine anything let alone anybody living 950 years maybe some scholars on site could help me with this subject before I embark on this journey,"

you see thats not the problem . First problem is the ark . Lets find this ark , to even confirm anything else about NOAH. Don't you think ?

Isn't that the only evidence that would link anything to NOAH ? After we get a little creadibility in what the bible claims we will get to the age of him.

But first the basics, like the ark. So many have tried , many have faked. But nothing of substance yet ?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I just realized why this site is soo great im sure i will have more threads as I finish reading this version of the bible for the first time *****NIV***** Stands for New International Version, it is very helpful in understanding what is actually written in many different languages and has been put together by many different individuals. I have to say with all the side notes and acknowledgments available I have to say it is very credible from the get go! Just wanna say thanks to all the members and sponsers that make this site what it is koodos!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WEALLNEED2KNOW

Oy vey, I'll be verry verry gentile.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

edit on 17-1-2012 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

There are many possible ways to go for such a thing, and science itself is still learning a great deal itself.

Aging as we know it is apparently a genetic function, and scientists are toying around with genes to see if they can discover the key to immortality.

Things like diet (caloric intake, nutrition, etc.), lifestyle, and environment can play external factors.

A fun thought some people like to bounce around is that a much-different environment pre-flood resulted in these long lifespans, which promptly started shortening afterwards.

The fact is all we know at this time is that with our current knowledge and understanding, we don't know how it's possible. But, we are always learning, and new news comes out fairly often talking about all these amazing things that will allow us to extend our lives.

In short - we're ignorant, and have long-since forgotten many things - but to say in our ignorance that we know what might have been true or not, and why - is ignorant.

Take care, friend.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

From a genetic stand point, most of the DNA evidence of aging is shown by damage to the end of DNA strands (called the telomeres). As we age, the damage to telomeres increases.

This may be a symptom of aging, but it may also be the cause of aging (we don't know enough about it yet).

It is likely that some of this telomere damage is heritable and gets passed on to subsequent generations.

In this way, the human DNA "pattern" has a limited lifespan until it becomes non-functional (a fact that somewhat argues against millions of years of evolutionary development in a fairly static environment).

So, early human life would have had a more complete DNA sequence with larger telomeres (which are mostly what we think is "junk" DNA and can be lost without major problems).

This would probably be reflected in longer lifespans.

Additionally, prior to the flood, the Earth had a cloud canopy and stronger magnetic field which protected DNA from damage. With the collapse of that canopy (the flood of Noah), the Sun's radiation increased and promoted more damage to DNA.

(a lot of if's, buts and maybe's there but most geneticists will never investigate it due to it being contrary to their preconceptions).

edit on 17/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Genesis 17 1 The Covenant of Circumcision : This
had to cause serious infections among all jews in the first 8 days of life !

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

This is how I have always thought but I am reading this book for myself and my wife so I will have to keep an open mind!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I believe he was an ET and that his Ark was an ET Mothership.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

WEALLNEED2KNOW

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

So how long did Methuselah live?

I thought he was supposed to be the oldest person to live in the blahble.
==============================================================

eta: NVM answered my own question. Methuselah (man of the dart/spear) lived to 969.

Cough.... sorry, trying to hold back the urge to say BS. Oop, oh look. Just said it.

edit on 1/17/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: WHAT'S WITH THE ALL CAPS??

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I've heard a theory that Noah lived much longer ago than what is commonly believed and that back then, oxygen content of the atmosphere was much higher (which why large living creatues like dinosaurs could exist). Oxygen has rejuvenatory attributes, and the theory suggested that when breathing air that has more oxygen, we stay younger longer and have the ability to live past what is our modern mortality range.

Remember, just a theory.. but I thought it was interesting.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

I had thought early Earth actually had Less oxygen in the atmosphere.

Can't remember which Science channel show it was though.
edit on 1/17/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: damn spelling

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join