It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of my Photomanipulation/Illustration work

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by Destinyone

Yes, I will send you a message with the link.

What Beautiful Work!!!!!

Light Bright Jelly is very thought provoking...and Swan Dance...wow...

Thank you again. You make me blush.
Light Bright Jelly is one of my personal favorites. I'd love to post a link here, but, I don't want to violate T & C.

The Swan Dance Tango is a project/concept I'm working on. It's very experimental, and I'm not quite happy with it yet. Still some ways to go.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Swan Dance Tango...my first impression was of eclectic jazz free form dance. The flow is exceptional...

Thank You again....

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
reply to post by nineix

Many thanks! Indeed, the "pay" didn't even come close to covering the cost of the materials, but oh well. I took it up because my daughters school band was doing an art show to raise funds to send them on a london/france tour. So, that instantly took 50% of the sale, but at least it was for a good cause! Also, I never knew I could paint (I won't link my art here as its too off topic) so its become a passion very quickly. You get in that 'zone'. There's nothing quite like it!

Can I get links to your more adult works please if possible? Also, can the mods just make an exception? Would they ban renaissance works being posted if they contained nudes?

Oh my. My poor skills are far and away from being anything close to a Renaissance master's work. You make me blush tremendously.
I do, however try to adhere to similar standards in portraying nudes. Nothing crude or obscene, but, then again, it's hard to tell what some will find acceptable while others get horribly offended.

I've sent you message with links to more work. Sorry it took so long. I somehow missed this.

As said in my message, you should post your work up too. Start a thread and show us your own art! There's a whole section for it! I'd love to see it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Far out

I really like it!

The space pieces really remind me of The Phenomenauts.
You should check 'em out, could hold some possible inspiration.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The first one I liked was the Japanese-style one. Then the sci-fi characters. I am not knowledgeable about particulars but there is a strange expressivity in these figures.
And I feel there is a soul behind all these "style trials." And I like the message of that soul / those souls.
I am not a medium but I am sensitive and dabbled in art myself, parents being both active artists.

Keep it up!

Kokatsi

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

Thank you Kokatsi!

When I work with, or choose models for this purpose, aside from regular photography, I always try to screen them for character and expressiveness, or presence. Sometimes that's hidden or only shown with subtlety, and other times it's something you sense but have to work with the model to find the look, mood, or expression for the project.

Thank you for the appreciation.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I was going to try editing the OP to reflect the revision/change I've made to the 3rd bit of work listed, but, editing is no longer an option.

Thus, the following is a link to the revised/updated version where if the link to the original hasn't died, you'll see through comparison where I've brought in greater depth and atmosphere:

Revised/Updated Spear+Ravens
edit on 22-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I would also like a link to your work...

I am a theme/faux painter/artist..

I love art in any form..

thanks..

your work is incredible!!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I agree with you there D1..

I really liked that picture/photo..

love the colors and realism...

just beautiful..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Thank you very much for the compliments baddmove!

I sent you a U2U with link.
edit on 22-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
extraordinary!! i love it! would you please send the link to me also?
thanks!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Really cool stuff. I used to do graphics work myself back in the day.

I think most of it is on an old hard drive. I may have to dig it out and take a look

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by r3axion
Really cool stuff. I used to do graphics work myself back in the day.

I think most of it is on an old hard drive. I may have to dig it out and take a look

Go dig yo stuff out, touch that stuff up, and post it for us to see!
Not sure when 'back in the day was for you, but, I've been playing with Photoshop since v5.5 on Win95.

You should check out some of the features in the CS6 pre-release, if you can manage to get a copy, as well as some of the plug-ins like Topaz Labs suite of products.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Those are some very cool pictures,
I love the amazon woman one!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I'd definitely have to brush up (no pun intended) on my skills and download a bunch of brushes since I don't have them anymore. Jeez, you've been working with photoshop a lot longer than I did. Guess it's not so "back in the day" now

I think I started at cs2 and went up until cs4, I can't remember.

Too much fancy stuff for me to get used to though, so I think I'm gonna try to get my hands on an older one first
edit on 23-1-2012 by r3axion because: reeeetarded

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by r3axion
reply to post by nineix

I'd definitely have to brush up (no pun intended) on my skills and download a bunch of brushes since I don't have them anymore. Jeez, you've been working with photoshop a lot longer than I did. Guess it's not so "back in the day" now

I think I started at cs2 and went up until cs6 or 7, I can't remember. I think they're all the way up to cs9 now already

Too much fancy stuff for me to get used to though, so I think I'm gonna try to get my hands on cs6 again

CS2, or Creative Suite 2 was actually Photoshop v9.0.
CS5.5 or v12.1 is the current version, where CS6 (v13.0) is due to come out in a month or few, though there's a pre-release out.
You shouldn't have to worry much about brushes as there's quite a variety packaged already.

It's not in the pre-release version, but, there's rumor it may be included in the final release of CS6, but Adobe has been working on some really amazing technology for De-Blurringg blurry photos. Topaz Labs has a nifty de-blur function in it's plug-in suite, but, it's nothing compared to what was shown in the PS teaser session a few months ago:

This de-blurring technology is one of the most highly anticipated features for the full version of CS6 (if it comes bundled with CS6 and not a later patch).

I, for one will be able to salvage boatloads of shots that are just a hair too much out of focus to be usable if the function lives up to what's shown in the video.

Exciting stuff!
Go get your stuff! Post it! We love the art!

edit on 23-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Astonishing! If you could, kind sir or ma'am, please pm me your link... My mobile device seems to not want to let me send you one requesting the link... I've never seen anything like THIS.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Very cool stuff, but from the links of the pics you provided and your avatar, I definitely think your avatar pic is the best of them all, from what I seen.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Wow!!!
You are exquisitely talented and VERY creative....
"Wow" is really all I can say....
Would love to see more.

Do you sell them?

-chris

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Christosterone

Yes, I sell my work and services.
I do confidential custom work for clients where I relinquish right to display.
Some of this is done second hand where they live in some other part of the world, get photos done by another professional photographer, and then send me the RAW shots on CD where I then work through realizing a specific request, or doing whatever I think looks right if given that kind of creative liberty.

I also do work with models, as exampled, where I retain rights for publication and sale. These are usually friends, volunteers, new models just starting industry work looking for something unusual for their portfolio and willing to trade time, and on occasion models I've queried or given discounted rate.

If interested, please U2U me and I'll send you a link.to work online for sale, where, if interested, you can query about custom work, or purchase something if you see anything you like.

edit on 29-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join