It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly Strange Phenomena in Knoxville Tennessee Right Now (teus,10-1-12 4am)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

yes, then, if maryville is it, that is where I am at, well, seymour, just a couple miles away... sheesh, you were right, haha.

Don't mean to keep giving new updates everytime I reply to someone, but as I am typing I can hear the changes and is is definitely changing right now.

I wish I had a way to explain it better.imagine putting your hand over a speaker and then removing it. The volume is the same, but it changes when it is not totally obstructed. This is kinda the impression I am getting... oh wow, the house is shaking again....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

www.abovetopsecret.com...

does this sound like it? tipton county tenn recently

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
You guys ever seen someone flex their muscles really hard, or have you ever flexed really hard and when you do, you get a shaking of your arm or other muscle you are flexing?

The shaking reminds me of that. Like my house is sitting on the shoulder of Arnold, while he is flexing his bicep as hard as he can.

Ok, maybe not as powerful as Arnold, but definitely getting that rumbling shaking action again

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Not Cali, I meant Louisiana. :3
It is an odd noise to say the least, it is discouraging to know we may never know the source, but regardless it is a very intriguing thing. Being rather far from you, I highly doubt the source could be the same, because people in between us would be getting blasted wit it so loudly if it was, but similar if not identical sources do seem likely, so i ask you guys, if you had to make one educated guess as to the source, what would it be?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
another thing i have noticed, is when it happens over here, the sky is always completely overcast, in all directions. 0 view of the sky itself... Maybe if you guys could confirm this?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

That is a crazy sound there! I suppose it could be similar to that, but what I am hearing is much deeper, although it has also sustained itself for some time now.

I suppose another couple ways to think of it is that it could also be akin to taking a piece of sheet metal and warping it to and fro a few times.. making the rumbling thunder sound... and the second thing it could be like is, well, rolling thunder.

If it is some sort of thurnder, I have never in my life heard it or heard of it showing off like this.

Just a constantly sustained rumble...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

the sound i am hearing is more like this
www.youtube.com...#!
possibly even lower in pitch though..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

I couldn't venture a decent guess, out of the realm of known things, enging testing, rail cars, strange weather phenomena, tunnelling, fracking, HAARP heating the upper atmosphere, causing mass amounts of airflow - resulting in the sound we are hering... ok, that last one was for fun, but I guess it is as good a guess as any...

Just got off the phone with my brother, he lives about 15miles from me, more inside Knoxville. He actually called me to ask if I had heard anything too. Good to know I am not going Looney Tunes on us and more people are definitely hearing it

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I follow your description exactly. Very nicely put.

If this continues then if might be worth dropping a line to our member SusanFrey down in Arkansas and asking for her take on it. She experienced very similar things for months when the quakes were going on near her town and posted plenty of details here on ATS. She was also among the people who protested to local authorities and eventually got some fracking wells shut down. And dragonlover12 (also in AR) would be interested as well. Was frequently picking things up off the floor after the quakes shook them off the shelves at home.

Okay I have to be offline for a while but I'll check back later. Please keep us posted. I hope that things quieten down for you soon.

Mike

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Crazy stuff for sure!

I am so intrigued by these sounds and shakings and everything.

So, is your house shaking in an up/down or side to side movement?

Please see what your neighbors say about it later and report back?

It's killin me I can't witness these things, nothing weird ever happens here in Berzerkeley, cept for the occasional little quaker

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

the sky is absolutely overcast and had incredibly dense fog last night, into the morning

can't believe this is still going on... wish someone else on here was in knoxville to confirm and possibly identify

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sensi

the sound i am hearing is more like this
www.youtube.com...#!
possibly even lower in pitch though..

I have just recently listened to that! Pretty damn spooky if ya ask me - hearing something like that and the house shaking to boot!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thanks for the heads up about susan!

I have heard this type of noise before, but never this intensity and I really only noticed it in the past year or maybe less.

Wasn't there worries about an earthquake going off in the east tennessee, appalchian mountain area revently? Or am I thinking of the fault that runs through Memphis area?

Seems like it is a decently large fault in east tenn and it has been inactive for too long.... good lord, I hope this isn't anything to do with that

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

If nothing else, when i realized that in every video i have watched about this noise, and every time i have heard it here, the sky being overcast has been the most scary aspect. It makes me think there are crazy things happening, and they are being covered by clouds, but w/e. Time for some sleep i guess.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

it is hard to describe the shaking feeling. maybe imagine reaching out and grabbing someone in front of you by their upper arms, while their arms are at their side. Then shaking them a little,

better yet, imagine a constant low pass bass SPL running through a very nice home entertaiment subwoofer and the shaking it would cause. It is very much like that, but the low pass must be very low, maybe around 16-20hz? I can't hear it in the way that most stereo bass SPLs are heard

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

haha, yes, sleep indeed!! I will have one heck of a tired day today!

I know it was very foggy last night and overcast all yesterday, and assume it still is. I mean, it is dark out, so I can't be 100$ certain it is absolutely overcast at this moment

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

ok guys and gals, I am signing off here for a bit. Thank you all for your replies and discussion about this.

I will continue to keep an ear out for it and note anything I learn from my neighbors and friends.

I was about to say that it had gone away, but it hasn't...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

try to get some sleep, c you tomorrow

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

According to volunteer tv, you weren't the only one who heard it.

Dozens of people in Knox County woke up to some rumbling this morning and investigators are still working to figure out what it was.

volunteertv.com

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Apart from the weather, which may be coincidental, Fracking is a good possibility.
Especially with the bad press it got recently for possibly causing an earthquake in Ohio, companies doing it might just not be announcing it beforehand.

You could be on a granite shelf, and the sound is trapped in a channel and perhaps has a modal property that causes strong harmonics. It is just a guess, obviously easy to check out.

If I heard that, it would un-nerve me as well.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join