It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly Strange Phenomena in Knoxville Tennessee Right Now (teus,10-1-12 4am)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Just experienced the strangest thing I have ever been through involving the area where I live and have lived my entire life

I was just now awoken to a steady and constant shaking of my house. I was alarmed and disturbed at the same time. The shaking is very subtle and constant. A low roar can be heard, it is also at a constant pitch, like a low-pass frequency. There are a couple car alarms sounding as I type.

The weather here has been a bit rainy and overcast all day yesterday, as well as unseasonably warm for winter here.

The Rumbling seemed to have subsided for a bit, during the past few seconds, however it is beginning to pick up again.

Can anyone else in this region confirm this?

Anyone know what it is? I do not live near any rail system or interstate highway. I live in a more suburbish/rural area.

Very strange indeed, I have heard low rumbling like this before, but never persisting this long or causing the house to shake and alarms to sound.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Not sure if it was the truck next door, but, I felt a little rumbling and shaking myself tonight. Like it was underneath but outside, won't say under the house. But, sort of felt like it. Hmm, think that was about 12 AM. Lasted for a few seconds and then it was gone. Figured it may have been the base doing a drill or the pick up truck starting up.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Tornado? If so, forget about us, save yourself and your family.

You may, however, want to go outside and take a look around?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

just flagged this thread in hopes other will get on board .. this phenom started this year(?) and is still continuing this very hour.. across the USA..

as of yet.. I have not heard or felt anything of the sorts in Oregon and we live 90mins from the coast..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I am slightly west-northwest of Chattanooga and can hear nothing. It must be more localized, whatever it is.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
How about going outside and trying to find the source of it?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Can you tell me what suburb? I have family in the area...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Because, we are a bit busy, hanging out on ATS.

I was lazy, so I didn't go outside to look.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Because, we are a bit busy, hanging out on ATS.

I was lazy, so I didn't go outside to look.

Hahah! I know what you mean! Sometimes it's just easier to find out on ATS than actually check ourselves!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

There are a couple car alarms sounding as I type.

Can you go outside and get some video on a cell phone loaded up here for us to see/hear?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
You might not need to post a video.

Is this the phenomena you are experiencing?

www.liveleak.com...

How would you compare it to this?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Thanks for the advice Chad!

I did go outside, in fact that is the first thing I did after realizing the house was shaking slightly. Scared me a little, but at that moment I didn't think it was anything from mother nature. I was thinking a car just hit my house!

I have also tried to use my camera, but not sure what good that would do... I can't make video with it and the picture will look only like a regular cell phone pic on any overcast night

It actually sounded like what I imagine it might sound like if a giant balloon was placed under the ground and then aired up... I know that is a hard comparison to make, since I don't really know what a giant balloon being filled, would sound like - just the impression I got from it

As to the other poster asking the suburb area I live in. It is Seymour Tennessee

It has basically all but subsided... and as I type that it starts again, much weaker now though... Not the first time I had heard strange things here, but definitely the first with this elapsed time and material presence

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

Thanks for the video, I saw that one a while back.

While yes, it could be said it has the same sound in a way, I don't think that there are any shuttle test sites or any giant engine test sites anywhere near here.

OakRidge National Laboratories are nearby
It is strange, it has gotten a bit quieter, not even close to shaking house now, but I can still detect it rumbling...

I don't know how to explain this, but when I yawn, I get a rumbling sound in my ears.

This is the best comparison I can think of, if you understand what I am trying to describe

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Also to add where the source impression is located.

Honestly I can't tell. One moment I think I have it pinpointed in one direction, then it seems like it is coming from behind me, then from beside me. I think it is spreading out at such a low frequency that it is saturating the SPLs and giving the illusion that it is coming from all around me

and here it goes again...
edit on 10-1-2012 by esteay812 because: sorry for the bad spelling, I am still half asleep

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Here is the weather map for Knoxville and surrounding areas

www.intellicast.com...

I sure wish I could experience this phenomena

is it still happening?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I have never lived in an earthquake prone area. If I live in Oregon, anywhere near the coast, and heard this thing going off like it was just doing, I would freak out!!

Hope you guys stay safe there before during and after any quakes headed that way!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Whenever I hear these kinds of reports, my first thought is fracking. The idea is being tossed around here in New York and I feel its just a matter of time before they start this evil procedure here. Is this taking place anywhere near you?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Thanks for the thread. This is quite interesting. It makes me wonder if you might be experiencing tremors. I'm considering this angle because there was a small earthquake (magnitude 2.2) on Sunday just 16 miles SSW of Knoxville. Here are the details:

Magnitude 2.2 - EASTERN TENNESSEE
2012 January 08 01:11:16 UTC

* Details
* Summary
* Maps
* Scientific & Technical

Earthquake Details

* This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 2.2
Date-Time

* Sunday, January 08, 2012 at 01:11:16 UTC
* Saturday, January 07, 2012 at 08:11:16 PM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 35.753°N, 84.048°W
Depth 19.4 km (12.1 miles)
Region EASTERN TENNESSEE
Distances

* 7 km (4 miles) W (273°) from Maryville, TN
* 7 km (5 miles) E (92°) from Friendsville, TN
* 8 km (5 miles) S (181°) from Louisville, TN
* 26 km (16 miles) SSW (201°) from Knoxville, TN
* 224 km (139 miles) N (8°) from Atlanta, GA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.7 km (0.4 miles); depth +/- 1.2 km (0.7 miles)
Parameters NST= 13, Nph= 24, Dmin=16 km, Rmss=0.1 sec, Gp=140°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=A
Source

* Southeast U.S. Seismic Network

Event ID se010801a

Source: United States Geological Survey (USGS)

The clickable USGS recent quakes map for the USA is here. Just click on any region and then you can see the individual quakes in more detail. Then just click on a colored square that indicates a quake and you'll get details like I've posted above.

We've had other cases over the past few years of members who have reported very similar phenomena to yours, and sometimes, they have either just recently had a small quake in the vicinity (or a series of them) or one occurs shortly thereafter.

If things continue, then please go over to the Quake Watch 2012 thread (which is where our "quake geeks" hang out) and let us know. We'd be very interested in following up on this, especially if you get another quake within the next day or two.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

almost sounded like my tinitus.

-subfab

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I am back inside now and it is not active enough to cause any noticable shaking like before.

Just when I think it has stopped for good, I catch the sound again. It has, done this several times now. I thought it was getting quieter each time, but just several moments ago it had a period where the volume increased again.

dang teenagers and their steros! haha, j/k definitely not that...

even now, as I type I hear it a bit more... so strange

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join