It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy Leader of UK calls Scots Extremists

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I remember when the revolutionary americans where considered "extremists"

You remember?
Exactly how old are you?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The worst thing about Scotland leaving the union for the English, is that we would be stuck with a Conservative government for the rest of time. One dominant party with no opposition. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if that is what Cameron is aiming for.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That is a prospect that scares the hell out of me woody.

The North East has been destroyed by Tory policies and they have never attempted any real investment in the region.
They will have even less reason to do so if Scotland chooses independance.
They will have a permanent overall majority and will have no reason at all to try and win voters in the N.E. over and we will become even further marginalised.
edit on 14/1/12 by Freeborn because: n's

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
reply to post by stevcolx

Can you explain what you mean about Alex being part of the Rothchilds.

He comes from a small town near me, I have met and spoken with him several times, he seems very normal to me.

I can't think how he could be part of some NWO
edit on 13-1-2012 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

Ok I was just guessing. He probably isn't connected to the Rothschilds. But for the life of me I can't think why he would be shutting up about the Hollie Greig case.

Is he masonic? If he is then maybe that is why.

This secret society crap is everywhere. Nick Clegg calls us extremists. He's definately Rothschild along with Numpty Cameron. And the Rothschilds are genocidal maniacs. And he calls us extremists?

Yikes.

edit on 14/1/2012 by stevcolx because: spelling

edit on 14/1/2012 by stevcolx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

United we stand divided we fall. We are a small Island. We need to stick together. I can understand the sentiment behind wanting Independence, it certainly doesn't help when the Eton and Oxford Tory toffs start sticking their noses in. It only gives the Scotts more determination to leave the Union

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
They could of course go for dev max, we collect all tax/revenue as if we were independent.
The British government present us with a bill for our share of defence etc.
They Westminster Government don't want that, wonder why?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by YeshuaPiso

You missed out the Nuclear Missiles issues.

Scotland wants rid of them.

So it would be England and wales and N.I who would obtain them. while Scotland would be nuke missile free. But would it stop Scotland from being a target if all the chokes came out. That is the question.

Also with regards to the Americans having all the launch codes.

You do know codes can be changed yes.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

The thing is mate, those Eton and Oxbridge etc toffs dominate both Labour and The Lib Dems nowadays as well.
Blair had more public schoolboys in his cabinet, (sounds all a bit Carry On doesn't it), than any government since sometime in the 1800's if I remember correctly.
No wonder Joe Public feels alienated.
The Old Boys Network is stronger now than it has ever been.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RebellionOutlaw

Well if you want to look at it this way.

It is the Torries who are cutting the nose off to spite their own face. No one in Scotland wants them as a Government. Maybe they would have gotten the hint by now, but obviously not.

David Cameron is living in Cuckoo land along with Idiot Clegg who thinks he can dictate policies in Scotland. Wrong it will just turn more Scots against them.

As for Miliband. Does not surprise me one bit that he would side with the Government on this. He has more to loose than the other two parties at Westminster.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

So you want Scotland to stay in the Union to stop Cameron from winning election after election eh?

Labour are just as bad as the torries. As for the Liberals.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

You missed out the Nuclear Missiles issues.

Scotland wants rid of them.

So it would be England and wales and N.I who would obtain them. while Scotland would be nuke missile free. But would it stop Scotland from being a target if all the chokes came out. That is the question.

Also with regards to the Americans having all the launch codes.

You do know codes can be changed yes.

Hey Laura

Sorry, can't remember being asked about the nuclear issue.

I'm in total agreement with the policy of removing nuclear weapons from Scottish soil/waters.

As for the question of being targeted.... the only scenario I can envisage in my wildest imagination where an independent Scotland would be targeted is as part of a 'no-holds barred' exchange between competing superpowers, ie. US v Russia, US v China, US v China/Russia etc...

In that scenario, I actually don't foresee a world worth surviving in so it makes little difference to me - I'd want to be at Ground Zero during the implosion and be vaporised rather than die slowly in the months to come.

Not entirely clear what your point about the launch codes is... Are you saying an independent Scotland would become an American target? That they would manipulate UK launch codes to start a conflict between us and England? I'd be interested to know what you meant...

I've actually written a novel where the US does indeed involve itself in Scottish independence for geo-political reasons but on the Scottish side rather than the other way around.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
reply to post by selfharmonise

I personally know a lot of Scottish people who work on oil rigs in the North Sea and elsewhere in the world, I know even more people who process the oil at Grangemouth, Scotlands only oil processing plant, and I know that Aberdeen is the world centre for deep sea oil drilling.

To say that Scots know nothing about oil production is total nonsence.

Awa and boil yer heid ya numptie.

edit on 13-1-2012 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

I work in oil and gas, live in Aberdeen. And am Scottish.

If you'd read my post and digest it, you'd see I said 98% of Scots know sweet FA about oil and gas.

Knowing people who work in oil and gas does not automatically give you knowledge through the powers of social osmosis.

Anyone who thinks oil and gas will keep Scotland peachy sweet and fund an independent Scotland is deluded.

Noone here seems to understand who owns the means of production within oil and gas - that is getting the oil out of the ground and processing it.

The government can only raise cash from oil and gas through selling oil licenses or taxing the corporates in the oil and gas supply chain and their workers.

Funnily enough, Ineos (the operator at Grangemouth is privately owned mainly by one foreign individual). He's encumbered by noone. He owns the means of production. The scots working there are cap in hand to him - doesnt sound much like a self-deterministic existence.

Talisman - a Canadian-owned key operator in the UKCS (in case you didn't know, that means the UK Continental Shelf, the UK controlled oil licence area) - has just announced it's cutting its production budgets significantly as costs in the UK are higher than most other regions and they have an internal rate of return to hit.

Basically, they'll spend that money elsewhere in the world to get a better rate of return. Scotland loses out.

As to the subsea marketplace...they're exporting the expertise as most of the deepsea production is going on off of Africa, South America, etc.

They then set up corporate entities in low tax regimes to run the contracts out of. The expertise gets exported, but the cash for it wont be hitting the coffers of the Scottish government, other than the tax they can levy from the workers who subcontract, live in Scotland and fly out and service these contracts on a rotational basis. It's not much, because they can pretty much fill most of the headcount needs by employing skilled third country nationals.

Oil and gas is not the shining beacon that will save Scotland and support it in independence.

There's a reason that the decommissioning sector is growing within the UKCS, and that's because they are planning to break down many of the assets (rigs, platforms, etc) operating in the North Sea.

Those assets wont be getting replaced.

And your point is, caller?

edit on 14-1-2012 by selfharmonise because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2012 by selfharmonise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

One thing though, if push comes to shove, the Scottish Government could re nationalize the Oil Industry. If the Foreign Oil companies who own most of the Oil refineries in Scotland threatened to close them down.

I find it rather disgusting the amount of risk to the people who live in and around the Big Oil complex in Grangemouth, Most of which, If I may add go unreported, The Oil companies do not care. They are in to make as much money as possible without investing in the infrastructure of that Oil Complex.

I know an ex oil refinery worker from there, who moved to Spain, once he was made redundant, he stated that the complex in Grangemouth was like a time bomb, the amount of leaks out of that refinery which go unreported is scandalous.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i agree ..if Scotland want independence ..let them have it...3 cheers ..hip hip ...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

Cheers!!!
2nd line.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

he stated that the complex in Grangemouth was like a time bomb,

Never been there but I can well imagine.

Bit like Wilton, Seal Sands and the whole of Teesside, it's a chemical time bomb just waiting to happen.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Yes when the Americans pulled out of Scotland at Holy Loch and Edzell I said at the time we should phone up Russia and ask if they want to rent the space.

Am pretty sure the yanks would have been back in a minute with a good offer.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

The whole thing about assets in Scotland and I'm not just talking about oil is that Scotland has been unable to strike deals with companies and investors ... its all been done by London and they get any benefits.

An independant Scotland can lay down the laws and rules about who can do w hat, what it will cost who will clean up after, and we can set the rent and collect it for ourselves.

So many factories, business and other profitable enterprises have come and gone in Scotland and as you say the workers are just treated like slaves.

We need more power to control these things for ourselves.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ahahaha

I reckon the Japanese take on our predicament sums it better than we do.

'O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us! '

Thanks Japan

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

No I am not stating that Scotland would become a target for the USA. I was referring to someone elses comments, whom stated the Americans had the launch codes to the Trident missiles also. I am stating if split up, The English Government could easily change the codes on the Missiles.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join