It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons the King James Bible is Superior to the "Originals"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Lazarus Short

OK, fine, I didn't understand your last response either, and don't care for that matter. We will see who has delusions. We have no common ground, it seems.

It was a nice way to say you are a fanatic but apparently you have no comprehension of the concept.
A fanatic will only find common ground with others of the same party that he is a fanatic for, so this statement should be a wake-up call to yourself that you have fallen under a delusion and you need to disassociate yourself from your cult long enough for the miasma to dissipate from your mind a bit so you can see clearly that you are in a cult.

You are judgmental as always, and with insufficient information for your unfounded opinion. Admit that I may just know a lot more than you think. I could just as easily say that you belong to the Cult of Judgmentalism. If you really think I am a KJV fanatic, they why is there a Ferrar Fenon version on my shelf, along with Andy Gaus' The Unvarnished New Testament, and The Four Translation New Testament? Digging around a little more, I find I have an RSV and an NKJV. If that's not enough, I have The Book of Enoch, The Book of Jasher, and two copies of the Apocrypha. Keep in mind that I am not saying this in hopes of earning jmdewey60's Seal of Approval, as I don't think anyone gets that...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

. . .earning jmdewey60's Seal of Approval, as I don't think anyone gets that..

Knowing this, then perhaps you are not too annoyed by my saying that.
You seem to have a habit of identifying yourself with fanatics so it is easy to take you for being one of them

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Shameless bump.......

Simply because the Holy Authorized King James Bible deserves more attention.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Glass

Fair enough. You can believe what ever you want to believe bud. You have that right from God. Which can be a double edged sword.

Is it possible for you to make a statement without a veiled threat? Is that how Jesus did it? You are a closed minded bigot, nothing more. Glass's assertions about your pride are spot on, you NEED this. You NEED to tell others that they're doomed for eternity, and if it's not a NEED, you certainly seem to enjoy it, that and ignoring basic logic.

Hebrew isn't dead.

Greek NEVER died.

And What about Deuteronomy 4:2
לֹא תֹסִפוּ, עַל-הַדָּבָר אֲשֶׁר אָנֹכִי מְצַוֶּה אֶתְכֶם, וְלֹא תִגְרְעוּ, מִמֶּנּוּ--לִשְׁמֹר, אֶת-מִצְו‍ֹת יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵיכֶם, אֲשֶׁר אָנֹכִי, מְצַוֶּה אֶתְכֶם.

2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Sounds to me like God LOVES originals....(If your going to reply to this post, this point better be the core of your post, you've avoided it before, otherwise take your threats and BS and sit on it.)

Also, love how we just throw that one out, but when John says it again MUCH later, it's like "OK, now were serious, no more edits"

I can imagine the newsroom...... Deadline: Revelation.

Even more to the point, what about all the other books found in the Dead Sea Scrolls?

Apocryphyon of John (secret book of John)

Gospel of Thomas

So many more....but why include some and not others? Well, I'll leave that for contemplation....(but, by all means answer if you get unbanned ever again)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by InLightTend

According to him I was living in sin because I was studying the Hebrew and Greek texts and pointing out hundreds of flaws in the KJV

See ya KJV, hope you can relax and learn to chill on the harsh judgements if you ever come back.....

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient
He won't be still and soft when he returns.
That's what she said.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1611KJV
Shameless bump.......

Who authorized it again?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

According to him I was living in sin because I was studying the Hebrew and Greek texts and pointing out hundreds of flaws in the KJV

See ya KJV, hope you can relax and learn to chill on the harsh judgements if you ever come back.....

Aye, vile sinner, readeth not the original scriptures, lest ye find the lord....

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by 1611KJV
Shameless bump.......

Who authorized it again?

You're talking to a dead member....

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I was once mocked for going to the Hebrew text to point out the English uses 1 word to describe 7 different Hebrew words all with different Hebrew meanings.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I was once mocked for going to the Hebrew text to point out the English uses 1 word to describe 7 different Hebrew words all with different Hebrew meanings.

i can't remember where i saw it but someone complained about the usage of Yaweh and Jehovah, saying "why can't they just use the word Lord all the time?" Well, you could start Here.

This is at the core of my point that the hebrew provides the most insight.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

sounds more efficient and less confusing being direct like that, English is the most efficient language.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I don't usually get into that argument anymore. Jehovah is just the Latinized rendering of Yahweh. Those same folks will freak out if you say Jesus instead of Yeshua. The are called "sacred namers", and are practicing a subtle form of witchcraft. They believe you must use a special incantation, or words to be saved, and trust they got the correct syllables right instead of the One who died for them.

I usually ask if I should fire the people who work for me when they refer to me by the Spanish rendering of my English name. God judges the heart of man, not what comes out of his mouth. Jesus even said many who call Him Lord will be cast away because they never knew Him intimately. He blasts the Pharisees in Mark 7 for honoring God with their lips but their hearts were far from Him.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by NOTurTypical

sounds more efficient and less confusing being direct like that, English is the most efficient language.

You get wacky doctrine though. For example, he screamed in all caps "DANCING AND PLAYING INSTRUMENTS IN THE HOUSE OF GOD!"

Even though David says to praise Him with about every instrument known to man in Psalm 150, and 1 of those Hebrew words for "praise" (Halal) is a "foolish dancing" just like he did before the presence of the Lord when the ark was returned.

English only rendering prevents 1 of the keys of Davidic worship from being accessed to bring His divine Glory into the worship service. Church is nothing without His manifest presence.

7 Hebrew words for Praise.

edit on 23-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I don't usually get into that argument anymore. Jehovah is just the Latinized rendering of Yahweh. Those same folks will freak out if you say Jesus instead of Yeshua. The are called "sacred namers", and are practicing a subtle form of witchcraft. They believe you must use a special incantation, or words to be saved, and trust they got the correct syllables right instead of the One who died for them.

I usually ask if I should fire the people who work for me when they refer to me by the Spanish rendering of my English name. God judges the heart of man, not what comes out of his mouth. Jesus even said many who call Him Lord will be cast away because they never knew Him intimately. He blasts the Pharisees in Mark 7 for honoring God with their lips but their hearts were far from Him.

True but im not talking about a latinized version of a name, what i mean is that each different name of god used, El, El Shaddai, Adonai, Elohim, ect, represent a particular manifestation of God, and allude to further esoteric wisdom based on that insight. Changing them all to 'the Lord' or just 'God' prevents the interpretation these insights. So the idea behind the "sacred namers"(of which i know nothing) like all good lies, may have some merit of truth, in the concept of there being a 'proper' or 'more accurate' way to name something. Just a thought biscuit.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

An infinite being has infinite Names. Right?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

What do you mean? What happened?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

He got banned... obviously

It was bound to happen eventually... what... haven't you ever spoken to KJV?

edit on 24-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Hydroman

He got banned... obviously

It was bound to happen eventually... what... haven't you ever spoken to KJV?

edit on 24-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Hey buddy, where u been at? Is everything okay?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

What do you mean? What happened?

He was "KJV1611" got himself banned, then made another account "1611KJV" and got banned again.

Dead member. When there is this symbol : ~ where the star would normally be they are history.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join