It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO Ingredients in Organic Baby Food?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Here's a disturbing article...:

www.organicconsumers.org...

Martek Biosciences claims that its Life'sDHA and Life'sARA are non-GMO (see below), but their patents reveal that their DHA and ARA are produced through the use of genetic engineering.

Hundreds of grocery items, including many certified "USDA Organic" infant formulas, baby foods and dairy products, contain Life'sDHA and Life'sARA.

Here's the evidence, from Martek's patents, that they are GMO.

What are We going to do about this heinous disregard for the standards We believe are protecting Us???

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
the harsh reality is 7 od billion people need to eat on this planet...so it should be no suprise to people that additives,modifcations,gm....chemicals..are added to the foods to make enough go round..and dont forget profit$$$..just look back to the victorian period and what additives and crap they put in the food then....... and the population was marginal then compared to now

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well not nearly all 7 billion are being fed, number 1.

Number 2, you do NOT NEED to poison (to more accurately describe what industial food production does) billions of people in order to provide for them. And of course the profit motive.

There are indeed many ways to properly feed humanity...first step is to stop poisoning them.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jugtalicus

yes u are correct..i think u are missing my point...being that it is profit driven....now tell me what happens when profit is put before safety??

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It's not "organic" if there is GMO in it.

Probably one of the biggest double thinks I've seen in a long time.

How lame of them.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hopenotfeariswhatweneed
the harsh reality is 7 od billion people need to eat on this planet...so it should be no suprise to people that additives,modifcations,gm....chemicals..are added to the foods to make enough go round..and dont forget profit$$$..just look back to the victorian period and what additives and crap they put in the food then....... and the population was marginal then compared to now

It is NOT the "harsh reality" You make it out to be.

1. Organics produce equal or greater yields (with higher nutrition and better flavor)
2. We distribute by profit and not need, leading to VAST waste (supermarkets ALONE throw out HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of TONS of food a MONTH!)
3. We pay corporate "farmers" to NOT produce food.

This planet can provide enough food to feed Us ALL 10 times over.

Chemicals merely sicken (to the profit of Big Pharma), and add NOTHING to quantity. But, yes... We pay "farmers" to NOT produce food to bump up the $$$.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It is ALL about profits and it is disgusting.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Jugtalicus

yes u are correct..i think u are missing my point...being that it is profit driven....now tell me what happens when profit is put before safety??

Here's a thought. Since money is merely the accounting tool of meaningful energy expended, if We add abundant free energy, the profit motive will vanish as the cost of energy is removed down the line. And, since I KNOW that We have had a free energy technology called electrogravitics in black ops for over 50 years, if We call for its release, We can distribute food by need, eliminate virtually all food waste, feed everybody abundantly and also... End poverty and war (wars are instigated by the war suppliers to ensure profit...).

For more on this, see My thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

well u seem very motivated on this subject pehaps you should expend some of your energy into politics...im not the one you need to convince..the whole subject makes me ill...ffs sake ive studied horticulture for many years and i know alot more than most about what oganic is..theres so much confusion its no suprise people are easily tricked.....again i agree with what you are saying.....i beleive what the american military spend every year is enough money to feed everyone in the world...well........so forget about what we can do..or even what should be done...we have a social disorder called greed....and where there is profit to be made people just dont matter...im sorry if u dont want to hear it but it is a harsh reality

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

well u seem very motivated on this subject pehaps you should expend some of your energy into politics...im not the one you need to convince..the whole subject makes me ill...ffs sake ive studied horticulture for many years and i know alot more than most about what oganic is..theres so much confusion its no suprise people are easily tricked.....again i agree with what you are saying.....i beleive what the american military spend every year is enough money to feed everyone in the world...well........so forget about what we can do..or even what should be done...we have a social disorder called greed....and where there is profit to be made people just dont matter...im sorry if u dont want to hear it but it is a harsh reality

Well... I can assure You They don't want Me in politics. I would be a hotter potato than Ron Paul, given My knowledge of tech and stance on wars (on some People who use some drugs, as well as outright killing of People), and that with the release of free energy the removal of power over others will occur ("corporations," banking, insurance, profit motive and more will vanish...).

The best *I* can do is offer information to as many People as I can and encourage organization and outrage.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

the problem is very few seem to care...what matters is going to work,eating getting drunk,eating going to work etc etc etc...so until people get of their asses and wake the up to the evil that reigns upon us...we are all living in this perpetual groundhog day....

best thing u can do is grow as much of your own that you can....rhubarb leaves make a great pesticide(google for a recipe)have your own compost for fertalizers....use a 3 cycle garden where you rotate the crops for efficeincy(if u wanna know more pm me)....recycle your own water,bore waters is better...(hang on i was reading earlier they are banning natural rainwater...lol)but hay we pay for water...we have a carbon tax here so we pay for air,and soon no doubt we will get a sunlight tax...im getting drunk now so if im not rambling already i will be soon

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It is NOT all about profit.
It is about killing off all of us, the profit is a bonus.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The fact the GMOs are harmless doesn't seem to register with anyone here.

I am ten thousand times more concerned about the PESTICIDES in baby foods than the GMOs

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Did anyone notice that USA is becoming more and more like China?

I guess its ok to kill of a few people to make a few bucks in profit.

And its ok for corporate greed to happen too!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

I am ten thousand times more concerned about the PESTICIDES in baby foods than the GMOs

Oh REALLY?

Here's another thread I started with info about the HARM of GMO:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Hamsters fed GM corn grew hair in their mouth and were completely sterile by the 3rd generation.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwuhi
Hamsters fed GM corn grew hair in their mouth and were completely sterile by the 3rd generation.

and guess what happened to the Hamsters fed pesticide?

They died.

Pesticide is worse, fact. GMOs aka gene altercations doesn't require use of actual poison... Pesticide is nothing but poison.

Its a misnomer to worry about only GMOs. People aren't paying attention the poison that is literally sprayed on our food, BECAUSE they think gene altercations are the problem.

edit on 1-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The hamsters DID eat pesticide, the GM corn grows its own pesticide.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwuhi

and guess what happened to the Hamsters fed pesticide?

They died.

Pesticide is worse, fact. GMOs aka gene altercations doesn't require use of actual poison... Pesticide is nothing but poison.

Its a misnomer to worry about only GMOs. People aren't paying attention the poison that is literally sprayed on our food, BECAUSE they think gene altercations are the problem.

I might point out that much of GM is to create plants with toxins that kill the bugs that eat them. Do You suggest that these toxins have no effect on those non-bugs that eat them?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Pesticide can be washed off, GMO cant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join