It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Blown Apart In Nigeria By God Fearing Islamists

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I wanna know what's the deal here? People are murdered and the only thing you guys do is sit here and fight about religion? Geeze.

Religion isn't the problem. It's the twisted nut jobs (of ALL faiths) who use it justify their mental sickness and need to kill or bully others, or to gain power and control of others. The louder they preach, the more power they hold over others. Greed of wealth, power and control is the real problem...

I agree man, evil people will always do evil things, no matter what religion they say they believe in.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Church bombs , body parts and insides splatter to the four corners of Christs Church, and some defend these Islamist thugs and murderers who organise such things.

Nigeria is a nation of approx 300 million souls , half of whom are baptised in the name of Christ.

Yet like Iraq , Egypt, Indonesia, Burma,Iran to name a few , Christians are being massacred for the sole reason of being Christian by faith.

Whilst the bend over west order multi faith "new orders"...the nations most of the muslim immigrants originate from preach hate and violence against anyone rejecting Islamic orders.

Are we going to watch opur Nigerian christian brothers get slaughtered ?...or should we prioritise future immigration and refugee policy, in favour of the Christian persecuted, from the nations whom tolerate the Islamist facist attacks on christ followers?

Christian refugees would integrate much better than brain washed extremist Islamists?

Lets pray at this Christmass time for our fellow Christians who are butchered for praying to God through the son.

im sorry but your whole statement is flawed. (thread title) unless you just wanted some eye catching silly controversial title.

the bombing by the so called islamists is the same thing that the so called US-EU christian powers do in the middle east and Africa, but on a much larger scale.

europeans and arabs are the real terrorists. their whole history is entrenched in it, and using the name Christian, or muslim has made no difference.

i have lived in Nigeria, as i have in the US and the UK. and i have seen extremists claiming to be both christian and muslim.

the terrorist form of islam has nothing to do with islam itself. these terrorists in Nigeria are only trying to implement the Arab form of islam. which is just a political charade clothed in religion.

going back historically, it was the African side of Islam that produced the great places of learning and trade, such as in timbuktu, they supported women to be educated, and enjoyed trade with people of all faiths.

Even mohammed their own prophet was protected towards the end of his life by the African somalian muslims, when his arab folk wanted to kill him. Which is why they went in and completely destroyed aksum when mohammed died.

the European so called christians have been much worse clothing their political greedy ambitions in Christianity that is TOTALLY against all their ways.

fastforward hundreds of years and africans who have forgotten their spirituality are trying to import the arabised version of Islam.

so you sitting there pointing fingers at the "islamists" have much more to answer for, and far bloodier hands. Both of your cultures are entrenched in policial greed and gain using religion.

christians in the west are such hypocrites claiming to be christian when your govts do what they do with YOUR support. when Israel which 99% of christians blindly support believing some lie that the current political apartheid, terrorist state of israel is the same spiritual israel in the bible start to actually READ and understand their bible, there could perhaps be some peace in the world.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
reply to post by undo

Ok I see where you are coming from now then yes I would agree on that . We are not ready for contact from E.T. We still do fling poo at each other ( rocks , rockets , bullets ). We are savages who put profit of the few ahead of people starving in our own countries. Fighting over resources when clearly they belong to every human being on this planet past , present and future.

the bible can be very revealing or completely meaningless, depending on how much effort you want to put into understanding it. for example, at one point in the new testament it says we will judge the angels. but in order to do that, we have to be on the same wavelength because obviously the angels don't want to be judged by people who would sentence them to oblivion for having a different opinion. the requirements appear to be a bit higher for the judge than the plaintiffs/defendents. sounds like it's gonna take alot of understanding, empathy and ability to forgive others. doncha think?

edit on 26-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

the bible can be very revealing or completely meaningless, depending on how much effort you want to put into understanding it. for example, at one point in the new testament it says we will judge the angels. but in order to do that, we have to be on the same wavelength because obviously the angels don't want to be judged by people who would sentence them to oblivion for having a different opinion. the requirements appear to be a bit higher for the judge than the plaintiffs/defendents. sounds like it's gonna take alot of understanding, empathy and ability to forgive others. doncha think?

There is a lot of history in the bible . However I think they have been grossly misinterpreted, and the presentation of it is from people over 2,000 + years ago who everything they couldn't explain were the works of gods. People need to stand back and reflect as to what we are doing and to what these stories are really trying to depict . We are far more intelligent than the people of 2,000+ years ago. We understand more of the universe and this galaxy live in and the the sun we orbit .Physics have come along way. All fields of science has made amazing progress in the last 100 years. Most the disasters in the bible can be explained in new and amazing detail of the accounts that took place. According to ancient astronaut theorists and logically thinking revels a lot of the stories have to do with E.T. and how would humans explain seeing a spaceship and the beings that came from it . I think out of all the ancient texts Hindu has the best description of what happened in ancient times with out the meddling of the western churches in the bible.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

That is just a stupid remark. If that is the case one could say, you see the problem? People! In this case people like you that only spread negativity. Only online tho because you will NEVER have the balls to say that to anyone in person.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You are directly on point. The time is far past when the US should allow anyone of the Islamic cult into the US. We need to work diligently to eradicate this oppressive and violent 'faith'. We should work diligently to prepare for war against every nation that seeks to institute or actually institutes Sharia Law.
I have spent years in nations like this and know firsthand how evil they are and violent. Sure, you can say this is hate mail and censor my post, but until you have seen such evil with your own eyes you are literally blind to the extent of what such society means.
Someday my children or grandchildren will have to invade and march across North Africa again. Just as my grandparents marched across the same ground in World War II to eradicate the evils of the Nazi empire. Do it now, or do it later, it will still be necessary.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarksThoughts
You are directly on point. The time is far past when the US should allow anyone of the Islamic cult into the US. We need to work diligently to eradicate this oppressive and violent 'faith'. We should work diligently to prepare for war against every nation that seeks to institute or actually institutes Sharia Law.
I have spent years in nations like this and know firsthand how evil they are and violent. Sure, you can say this is hate mail and censor my post, but until you have seen such evil with your own eyes you are literally blind to the extent of what such society means.
Someday my children or grandchildren will have to invade and march across North Africa again. Just as my grandparents marched across the same ground in World War II to eradicate the evils of the Nazi empire. Do it now, or do it later, it will still be necessary.

i will agree that sharia law is not my cup of tea, but killing people over it,
is surely not the answer. i don't see how two wrongs will make a right in this situation.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

i don't think western texts are any less legit than any others. in fact, most of the ancient texts western people enjoy reading, were not western at all. what you mean to say, and i can see it in your words, is that the mediterranean sea, is like the gulf between evil and good. and i don't think it's quite that simple. nothing ever is.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Star for you. I find it amazing how some can justify murder, so long as it is done in the name of what they believe.

"They are violent, so we must erradicate them". Scary.

And what of those muslims that are non-violent?what is to be done to them?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by undo

Star for you. I find it amazing how some can justify murder, so long as it is done in the name of what they believe.

"They are violent, so we must erradicate them". Scary.

And what of those muslims that are non-violent?what is to be done to them?

precisely, and aren't we all the end result of our environments and upbringing?
it's like blaming people alive today, for what happened 20 years ago or 1000 years ago. it's simply not the same. the people are not the same people. the events are not the same events and the reasons are not the same reasons. although somethings may be similar, nothing is ever that cut and dry.

it's a rough one, but it's not so one size fits all, that everyone can be mashed into it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is not about religion, and it's also not indicative of the need to get rid of religion. It's the fault of us, of humanity. By nature, we find things about others that are different and then we try to eliminate those we find different because we think they might be dangerous. If we got rid of religion, we'd simply find something else to fight about. Has anyone seen that South Park episode, where Cartman goes to the future and in it, the athiests started groups and are fighting amongst each other? And in science labs, where religion is not even spoken of, the chemists fight with the biologists who fight with the physicists. And within Christianity, the Catholics fight with the Lutherans who fight with the Methodists and so on. Even in Islam, there are the Sunni and the Shia!

Don't you see? It's because we're buying into our nature which seeks to create safe environments for ourselves by eliminating those who are different from us. In short, we're all a bunch of scaredy-cats so we create high-tech weaponry to try to kill "the other" so we can feel safer. Try treating "different" people (different races, different sexual orientations, the homeless, people from different regions) like you'd treat your friends and family and you'll find that they treat you a lot nicer too.

All of our fighting is 100% artificial, created in our heads from our fear of "the other" of any sort. Christians and Muslims can co-exist - we've seen it in Egypt when the Christians protected the Muslims during prayer. I see it all around me every day because I work in a student campus ministry which draws students of all faiths together, and we have Interfaith Dinners and support things like the International Prayer for Peace, a multi-faith annual prayer event. Human beings can co-exist if everyone stops being so afraid of each other, and if people stop giving others reasons to be afraid...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I hadn't heard that Alexander The Great was.

Interesting.

Certainly the critters/ fallen angels have been dinking around with man for a very long time.

Now they are involved with the globalists toward setting up the satanic government.

I'm sure glad God has a solution.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MarksThoughts

I've sadly come to the same conclusion.

I'd rather be egalitarian.

However, there is NO COMPROMISE with ISLAM.

They are absolutely about total conquest.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

i don't think western texts are any less legit than any others. in fact, most of the ancient texts western people enjoy reading, were not western at all. what you mean to say, and i can see it in your words, is that the mediterranean sea, is like the gulf between evil and good. and i don't think it's quite that simple. nothing ever is.

I am not sure what you are saying in context of what I last said in my last post here I figured I was reading it wrong and asked her opinion on the conversation. She is puzzled as well

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

I hadn't heard that Alexander The Great was.

Interesting.

Certainly the critters/ fallen angels have been dinking around with man for a very long time.

Now they are involved with the globalists toward setting up the satanic government.

I'm sure glad God has a solution.

Yeah. I linked Alexander the Great to being a nephilim because it is said that he was the son of Zeus and that would make him a demigod and a demigod is just a name for a half god and the ancients often times thought the angels were gods. Simple deduction. The nephilim had extraordinary abilities gaine dfrom their angelic parent and were men of great feats of strength and reknown. Probably why Alexander the Great could never be beaten on the battlefield and maybe a part of why he was a military genius.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I agree it's a crime in every sense but maybe you should change the title because "God Fearing Islamists" doesn't sound right.

They don't fear God at all for God is Allah and Muslims don't fear Allah at all.

"Muslims Extremists" sounds far better and more accurate.

Finding a solution to end this is just impossible because what we want as a society are ideals but what we get are extremists full of hatred who ruin their religion/group of people for the peace loving majority.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I am not sure what you are saying in context of what I last said in my last post here I figured I was reading it wrong and asked her opinion on the conversation. She is puzzled as well

you mentioned western churches meddling with the bible, which is ancient middle eastern text. and i replied that i don't think that just because it's western, means it's auto-evil.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Alexander the Great was just a normal human man, nothing more.

Every generation has at least one person who is totally skilled in the field of battle and Alexander was his. A total genius and tactician who used the myths about himself as a major part of his arsenal to win battles before they even began.

The Three Kingdoms period of Chinese history had several such warriors.

Lu Bu was a major name and feared throughout the country. Guan Yu (also known as Guan Di and Guan Xi) was another who was also so feared for his abilities yet so respected for helping others that he became the God of War for many thousands of Chinese, still worshipped today in fact in many areas.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

you mentioned western churches meddling with the bible, which is ancient middle eastern text. and i replied that i don't think that just because it's western, means it's auto-evil.

That's the great shame and you can see it a lot on ATS with many Americans hating the West purely because they have the freedom of speech to go against the grain for whatever reasons.

Also as you said, the Bible was written in Aramaic, Latin and Hebrew, only translated into English under orders of King James (The First?) when many of his subjects in England began to lose the ability to read such languages and in most cases, learned to read altogether and so that translation is the only true western version of any part of that book. Although even so, its origins are most definitely Middle Eastern.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Apparently, God works in mysterious ways. Is it possible that these people strayed slightly from what God wanted them to do, and thus (in God's eyes) deserved to be killed? (I know it seems funny, especially that, according to the Bible, Christians are supposed to kill Muslims).

Murder in the Bible

You are mistaken about "Christians are supposed to kill Muslims." "...according to the Bible..."
Christians don't practice murder. According to Jesus' teachings we are to forgive our enemies, give up our own life for our brothers, love one another, be humble, do good works, preach the good news, etc.

Your link to www.evilbible.com had virtually all OLD TESTAMENT excerpts, and only TWO that were NEW Testament. One was a New Testament quote of an Old testament verse. The other said nothing about Christians murdering anyone. It stated that God has a "death penalty" for those who act in the way described in the verse.

The Old Testament is really pretty bloody and gruesome, and quite a pitiful and sad story at times. There's some good wisdom in some of the books, but there's a lot of killing, war, suffering, and appearently done at God's behest or done personally by God himself! In fact, of the very first 3 priests of the Old Testament (not counting Melchizedek) God killed one of them Himself right on the spot, because he disobeyed God for burning incense in the wrong way! That's mindblowing to me, because out of that violent and tragic history and belief system, came Jesus, a Jew like Jews never saw before, nor since actually
Yes, the Old Testament is part of the Bible, but Christians are really about the New Covenant/Testament. The Laws of the Old Testament are for Jews. Christians should aim to know as much of the Word of God as possible, but it's really about the New Testament stuff such as: turn the other cheek, if a man asks for your cloak, give him your coat as well, forgive those who do evil to you, love God and your brother, remove the plank of wood from your own eye before you try to remove the speck of wood from your brother's eye, beware of your own bad behaviors and correct them, strive to serve others, be thankful, etc.

That is what being Christian is about, so if a person says they are Christian and then says that killing people is a Christian principle, then they are making a serious error, basically saying that they really aren't Christian, but something else.

Seriously, if a person is interested in reading about a really amazing life, read about Jesus in the New Testament. He was really anti-establishment, really cared about people's suffering, was willing to interact with people of all types, the sick, the crazy, the prostitutes, tax collectors, foreigners...
His first miracle was turning water into wine at a wedding banquet!!!

You don't even have to believe in anything religious, but if you like a good story about an amazing man, check it out. The New Testament starts out with basically 4 different versions/stories about Jesus' life and death. You don't even need to read further than those 4 stories. They pretty much say the bulk of it. The rest of the New Testament is stories of Jesus' followers and how they spread the Good News. They weren't called Christians back then, but they were called Followers of The Way. That's pretty sweet, it sounds Taoist or something from the far east.
And the last book/story is called Revelation, written by one of Jesus' followers , it tells about the end of the world in a cryptic and mysterious way, complete with some crazy images of plagues, natural disasters, and all sorts of violence. Sounds like a good read to me, it would make a CRAZY movie, that's for sure.

Anyhow, throughout all of these books and stories, Christians/Jesus' followers are not the ones doing the killing. In fact the only time a follower did anything to harm someone with a weapon (cut off a guy's ear), Jesus reamed him out for doing that, then according to one of the books, He healed the dude's ear!

Regarding the OP story, I am saddened to hear about the death of Christian brothers and sisters. May they be with the Lord now, and I pray for us all to change our ways and return to peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join