It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Blown Apart In Nigeria By God Fearing Islamists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I want to take a moment to say that I am so sad for those beautiful innocent souls.

Be at peace with Jesus.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I don't know if the problem is religion or if its more severe mental dysfunction, some of which could certainly be brought on by Religion.

Brainwashing is brainwashing. Enough of anything can turn a person, how exactly do we ever get rid of this? The problem exists in our heads because our thoughts can basically be manipulated through enough pressure and suggestion.

Religion isn't the problem, being weak minded is. And I don't mean religious people are weak minded or that people who get manipulated are weak minded, I think most people are weak minded because its just how we are. Most of us can only go so far and even then I'm sure we have all had someone in our life we feel we would have/would still go to any extreme for.

Since people are always going to connect with other people I think that risk is always going to exist and people could easily be brainwashed into just about anything.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
These anti west people on ats are ignoring your point that Christians aren't walking into crowds of muslims and blowing them up ...

Maybe we ignored the suicide bomber part because he never mentioned it in the first place. You did.

And Christians have been well known for blowing up Christians in Northern Ireland.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
First off, condolences to those whom had died in that horrific affair, regardless if they were christians, muslims, jews, hindus, atheists, or whatever. They were only our fellow HUMAN brothers and sisters, despite the differences.

Next, for those of you whom think that religion is the cause, then you had only fallen the oldest trick in the book .

It had NEVER BEEN about religion. It is only a easier ruse to rise up others to perform on cue by a madman hell bent on personal glory, greed, and power.

Nigeria is suddenly a wealthy african nation from its oil. With wealth comes envy and lust. That is why wealth must be shared and refrain from overt crass displays, but unfortunately, such was not done, and death rained upon innocent men, women can children YET again.....

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

These anti west people on ats are ignoring your point that Christians aren't walking into crowds of muslims and blowing them up ...

Maybe we ignored the suicide bomber part because he never mentioned it in the first place. You did.

And Christians have been well known for blowing up Christians in Northern Ireland.

But it's a major factor supporter of all that is filth. Also The IRA wanting England out of Northern Ireland isn't the same as musilm extremists wanting all Christians converted or dead. It's not hard to see the difference. Also whenever the IRA would kill innocents they would make a public apology not that that resolved them of their wrongs.

Lame.
edit on 26-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse

You said "Um...then what is the problem? That must be one great religion" That's what you said"

Yes I did say that and a bunch of other stuff. I am not sure why you could only read one sentence but trust me, context is everything.
Try reading it again and read the ENTIRE post this time.
I never called it a great religion. Actually you did. You had to read my whole post to get that though. I read it. What is your issue?

I gave a link to your entire post. What more do you want?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse

Don't remeber saying that every muslim is blowing people up. Nope didn't say that at all.

I never said you did and now twice defending yourself against accusations never made seems dishonest.

But every person who walks into a crowd and blows up people is a muslim.

That is just a complete blatant lie so your "christian" credibility just went right out the window.

You poor ignorant person who assumes that anyone who can see what's going and can see that it's only muslims who walk into crowds of christians and blow themselves up are christians. Oh and I wonder if the muslims who murderd those people said MFC just like you did, You bleeding heart you.

Now you are insulting me after lying in the name of your god.

Yeah your religion sounds awesome. I am supposed to be shedding a tear some of you got blown up again? Damn, i did feel bad people died.
Not so sure now.

You make no sense in your post in regards to what I've said. That reads village idiot. It's ok though,. The western world gives people like that disability support pensions. You'll be ok. And, sigh, I really hate pointing out the obvious but you're obviously "special" so just for you I'll point out that I'm not christian but I do see how they are being targeted by muslim extremists.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
How dare you show evidence of christian persecution! Don't you know we can show persecution of other people is an outrage but christian persecution is ignorable and claiming that it happens is condemnable?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So.......yet another in a long long long long long, did I mention it was LONG, list of MUSLIMS blowing up Infidels.

The sort of thing that would keep leftists in material for months should it have happened to palestinians - not that it ever does!

Since leftists etc cannot ever CONDEMN muslims for anything for to do so would be (horror) tantamount to supporting the US, the West, Israel, Christians - they are simply left with the option of phrasing it as condemnation of religion in general as though Christianity mandates any of these things.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Its a world where more and more Islamists are migrating to Christian nations, yet a world where Christians are not welcome in Islamist nations...something of a dillemma ? ....no?

There are many examples in the past and present were both have lived peacefully side by side... This extremism is caused by an equal extremism that exists in western culture....
An equal and opposing force is natural in nature..

May those that died rest in peace..

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Oh. This again.

How about instead of just praying for christians, we pray for everyone - and realize that while there is no excuse for and no proper sanction of acts such as this - there are plenty others around the world (including the US military) doing as bad or worse.

This, sadly, doesn't fall down to just one belief system. The problem is man, and what man is inclined to do - for whatever reason.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
you see the problem???

religion

Close, but not quite. Widen that out to ideology & man's handling of it, and you've pretty much got it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Do not fall for the supposed 'religious inspired' trap ever again or we will only end up killing one another while the culprit goes free counting his pile of money and luxuriate in power over others.

Just look at who is its eastern neighbour. It's Chad. A failed state and violent hotbed of trouble makers in that lawless corrupt land. Easy enough for hungry individuals to have a go with partners in Nigeria, previously more famous for its international 401 scams than oil

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

the tables have been turned after 1500 years of tyranny,eh?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Church bombs , body parts and insides splatter to the four corners of Christs Church, and some defend these Islamist thugs and murderers who organise such things.

Nigeria is a nation of approx 300 million souls , half of whom are baptised in the name of Christ.

Yet like Iraq , Egypt, Indonesia, Burma,Iran to name a few , Christians are being massacred for the sole reason of being Christian by faith.

Whilst the bend over west order multi faith "new orders"...the nations most of the muslim immigrants originate from preach hate and violence against anyone rejecting Islamic orders.

Are we going to watch opur Nigerian christian brothers get slaughtered ?...or should we prioritise future immigration and refugee policy, in favour of the Christian persecuted, from the nations whom tolerate the Islamist facist attacks on christ followers?

Christian refugees would integrate much better than brain washed extremist Islamists?

Lets pray at this Christmass time for our fellow Christians who are butchered for praying to God through the son.

How do you know the conflict is so one-sided and the poor Christians are 100% victims?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

There are reasons why most people don't bash muslims.
The "radical" muslims will hunt you down and kill you!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Religion will never be extinct religion of some kind has always been around and always will be. That's because the base behind religion is true say whatever you want I doubted to for awhile but there is a God thats for sure. Everyone needs to get along the basis of all religion's say to love eachother. Don't use the excuse that the Qu'ran tells them to kill all non-Muslims if you read the BIBLE it clearly tells the Isrealites to kill all non Christians as well. Take things out-of-context and they can mean whatever you want them to. Get along God loves you love him and it
s all good last I checked he doesn't care what language you speak of what color you are Allah is just the Arabic word for God you ignorant Pharisee's.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Religion is one thing that this planet can do WONDERFUL without.

I don't have the research handy and don't care to bother searching it out . . .

however, there have been several studies documenting that over many decades:

1. When Christian church attendance went up,

--violent crime went DOWN--theft, murders etc. went down.
--alcoholism went DOWN
--spouse and child abuse went DOWN

2. WHEN Christian church attendance went DOWN

--violent crime went UP
--alcoholism went UP
--spouse and child abuse went UP

I realize that THE TRUTH can be uncomfortable for those devoted to rebellion, self-centeredness etc.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Headband7

if you read the BIBLE it clearly tells the Isrealites to kill all non Christians as well.

You make some worthy points.

However, on the above score . . . your assertion is inaccurate.

During the Old Testament regime of THE LAW, God sometimes made examples of the tribes who were devoted worshipers of satan and hostile to God's priorities with man. There's plenty of examples of God moving dramatically with angel forces and sometimes exhorting Israel to exterminate wholesale evil tribes to avoid their polluting the rest of mankind with such virulent evil.

CHRISTIANITY did not exist in those eras.

Christianity noted that the letter of THE LAW kills while The Spirit brings life.

Christians expect GOD'S ANGEL FORCES to eradicate evil and all evil doers from the planet at Armageddon.

Christians are prone to defending their families, culture, way of life, neighborhoods and even Nation.

But mostly, Authentic Christians want to be left alone to live honorable lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join