It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future can not be changed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

there is no such thing as future pieces, what is to futur is to past and what is to piece is to same

u r confusing evil makeup settings of absolute powers livings with truth that even u surely know

lies are not truth while it is obvious that all is done and being through lies life even my words, only my intention behind my words is sensibly true

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
What is this concept called 'Future'? What does this word, idea, invention... mean? Something that hasn't happened yet? How do you Know it hasn't happened yet? For that matter, when does the Future start, and how long does it last? Hmmm... every single thing you do, is your Future.

Thanks, nice thread!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LajanAytik
... every single thing you do, is your Future.

this shows how deep evil life is all existing conditions, every single thing u do is same more u being nothing to all

nothing u is objective fact but since it is u then true it is not nothing but u
while evil is what mean objective nothing to abuse for becoming powerful one on all possessed intimately since nothing to any, while pretending the most being nothing in knowing how it cant b judged in smiling as nothing there, when the least honest in never meaning being evil will keep taking his rights alone as serious fact not being nothing when it is not touching any, knowing how he is nothing to any cos only him

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
the only future possible is by killing past, so present that is always there is more freely existing as meaning same things that from ever all know

that is how the lie use justification in telling u to kill urselves as the way for ur awesome futurs, in random living suggestions among others as nothing all use

but if u hold on to what u inherently are from knowing ur freedom it is ur true right from ever to always same even in rejecting its use, that is what u r really always, while noone can kill its freedom fact, which prove the lie in justifications use ways saying nothing at all confused with so much others things rights in nothing at all same

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
so i guess the only future everyone knowledge is based upon to conceive realities opportunites life from, is that egg that would come from up behind all truth absolute freedom as superior to it, only to kill definitely past to truth

there gonna b blood i wish i can see dark blood on the floors for once before i die definitely

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LajanAytik
What is this concept called 'Future'? What does this word, idea, invention... mean? Something that hasn't happened yet? How do you Know it hasn't happened yet? For that matter, when does the Future start, and how long does it last? Hmmm... every single thing you do, is your Future.

Thanks, nice thread!

Yes I'm rather proud of this one. Whether or not it does well on the boards. Heres a a treat for you.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Blast from the past, present and future! Thanks man, great vid, made my day!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The past is already done and cannot be redone so it cannot change.
Once the future is the past, neither can it be redone or be changed.

a) The future cannot be changed if we don't know what it is
b) The only way to know what it is is for it to be the past
c) We cannot change it because it's only definable when we cannot change it

If we could predict the future without error (thus knowing what the future is) then...
a) That IS our future
b) We cannot change it because that IS our future
c) The future includes all of our attempts to change it

We predict the past by observing data (memory) to estimate it. It's inherently flawed. We predict the future by observing the past and present and projecting this into the future.

But it's useful to predict the past and the future. To start, the past is where we've been. If we could not remember the past then how could we remember that the man standing in front of us killed our family and intends on killing us too? How would we know to protect ourselves? If we could not predict past climates then how will we know to stop pumping CO2 into the atmosphere? The past is a guide. The future tells us where we're likely headed. If I am speeding at 90mph and I am 500 feet from a cliff and heading towards it, being able to predict that I only have moments to stop or turn around will probably save my life. The future is also a guide.

So the past is a prediction of what has already happened. The future is a prediction of what has not happened yet. Neither are perfect. Knowing all of the past is a guide in the present moment, but the past itself can't be changed. Knowing all of the future does not forbid us from using it in the present moment, but the future itself can't be changed (includes our attempts to change it). For example, seeing ALL of the future might show yourself living on a golden planet. Right now, you live in hell. You want to live on the golden planet. You saw a key in your vision of the future and it will allow you to leave hell and find the golden planet. In this way, your vision of the future served as a guide in the present. But you cannot chagne your future anymore than the past.

Predicting the past and the future has implications in the present moment. But the past and the future only exist as ideas, as concepts, as echoes. They're not REAL and can't be chagned.
edit on 20-12-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I changed my past a couple of times to get a better job. It's called 'pimping your resumé', or something. Sounds like a lame pun, but think about it. How do you Know there is a past, present and future? As in... Who told you? and Why were you told that? We are raised and educated solely by hearsay, until we experience the fact for ourselves, and start deeply questioning its validity, in the future. Maybe that's where the change comes in. By deciding, for yourself, that there simply is no past, present or furture, and that you Are the Change you are looking for. So, who'll need a future? You'll be the future. Heck, you'll be everything!
No, wait, you ARE everything!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LajanAytik

"YOu did what?"
"I killed 3 people."
"Who?"
"2 kids and a mother."
"Why didn't I hear about this?"
"Because it's the past and doesn't matter anymore."
"It matters to me. My company is a very serious matter to me."
"I've always been a philosopher. The past is unimportant."
"Well, I'm going to end this interview. Sorry, sir. I wish you luck."
"Aright. I had a pleasant time and will be on my way out then."

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The future doesn't exist yet... so stating that the future cannot be changed is a ludicrous statement.

(Second Line)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by randyvs

The future doesn't exist yet... so stating that the future cannot be changed is a ludicrous statement.

(Second Line)

Reeeeally ? But this isn't information. No, I believe it's more of a ludicrous thread title, than that of a statement.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Reeeeally ? But this isn't information. No, I believe it's more of a ludicrous thread title, than that of a statement.

But your thread title was phrased in the form of a statement, and secondly, you were asking our opinions on the subject of fate vs free will.

So... in that idiom, I answered your query with my thoughts on the subject.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

No way stud ! An answer would provide information.. Your post goes in the complaints file. .

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

But what about world events ? Is the future set in stone just like the past ?

but for now lets start off with whether or not you believe, the future of world events are like the past, set in cold stone.

Do you believe the future oif world events, the things that effect our world and each of us as individuals. Is it ours to mold and shape as can to some extent. Or is the future also set in stone. I look forward to replys.

ErtaiNaGia:

randyvs:

ErtaiNaGia:
But your thread title was phrased in the form of a statement, and secondly, you were asking our opinions on the subject of fate vs free will.

randyvs:
No way stud ! An answer would provide information.. Your post goes in the complaints file.

Now, We can see that your OP asked us for our opinions on whether the future is set in stone, or mutable....

I provided my answer to that question.

What, *EXACTLY* is the problem?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I tried to change the future once.

No matter how fast I ran to do so, I could never accelerate faster than now.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

What, *EXACTLY* is the problem?

Hey now ! You're starting to yell at me and that could hurt my feeling. I didn't think there was a problem. Just a minor disagreement that didn't amount to a pimple on a nats ass really. For me an easy thread bump at most.
But if you're gonna start cap'n on me, nevermind.

See you on the boards.
edit on 21-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
With forelorn eyes she watches me,
calling out my name
beckoning me to return.

Oh but she was not my love,
there were good times and bad,
but never a moment worth forever.

She was my past.

With envy she scolds my conscience
What of me? She asks,
while wrapped in the embrace of my new love.

She is my now.

But even now holds not my heart,
for she has joined my past,
and I continue in search of my true Bride.

Full of love, hope and faith,
Calling me to her by name,
knowing me more than I know myself.

She is my future.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 21-12-2011 by IAMIAM because: Because poetry takes a little work.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

That was very pretty IAM. That just made this whole thread worth it.

Thank you.
edit on 21-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Everything is falling dominoes. The Big Bang set it in motion. The future is dictated by the physical laws.

Or you can believe in 'free will'. Whatever...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join