It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Out Jewish and Christians- Please Answer ONE Question

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So I have a question for you christians or people of any religion(just figured mostly christians on here) that I even stumped a pastor with. Its not that hard of a question either. WHO is right? Which of your religions are right? The christians say that you must accept jesus christ as your lord and savior to go to heaven. Jesus is the SON of GOD according to christianity. Now, Jews dont believe that jesus was the son of god. Rather just a prophet. NOW, Im no expert, but if the jews are the "chosen" ones, and they actually LIVE in the "holy land", then who is right? Are the jews not going to heaven because they do not believe that jesus was the son and died for their sins? Are the christians wrong, and Yeshua(translated to joshua) is the son? And those are just the two main religions, thats doesnt even include muslims and allah! So that is my question, WHO IS RIGHT? Jews or christians.
edit on 30-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The Buddhists are right.

Jim Morrison was right, but he died.

" 5 is 1 and 1 is 5. No one here gets out alive."

link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

You might as well ask a Red Sox or a Yankees fan which is the ultimate team.

link   
I've thought that myself...And come to one conclusion, it's how you live your life, help others and just try to be a good human being. even though I'm Christian I'd have to say Jews, Jesus was born in Bethlehem so that would make him a Jew by birth right?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I find it puzzling that people will ask questions they're just dying to know but they appeal to second-hand sources vs the original source. Why not read Scripture for yourself?

Even if someone were to humor you and give you an answer, how could you be sure it is correct?

edit on 30-11-2011 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Which Scripture?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Dear AllUrChips,

We are to have the heart of Christ not just believe a story. Christ described his heart, he said we were to love God with all of our heart and others as we love ourselves. Let me ask you a question, what do you think saves us, hate or love? Do you think that people are saved because they correctly answered a game show question or because they truly care about others? There are some Christians who will attempt to correct me; but, there are many that will go to Jesus calling his name and he will tell them that he never knew them, Satan knows his name and knows what he did, does that save Satan?

The question, even for atheists, is not whether or not you guessed right on the exam, it is whether or not you loved others and forgave others or had a heart of hate and selfishness. Why seek division when we can seek to love and help one another? If you truly care about your answer, try asking questions that lead to greater understanding rather than proving someone wrong. By the way, I am a Pastor and you didn't stump me in the least. Pat yourself on the back when you bring people together.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
I find it puzzling that people will ask questions they're just dying to know but they appeal to second-hand sources vs the original source. Why not read Scripture for yourself?

Even if someone were to humor you and give you an answer, how could you be sure it is correct?

I have read the scripture myself.
second line.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrChuck

I think religionj is slightly more important than baseball, just slighly.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Depends on which baseball fans you talk to I think.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

The Bible dude.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear AllUrChips,

We are to have the heart of Christ not just believe a story. Christ described his heart, he said we were to love God with all of our heart and others as we love ourselves. Let me ask you a question, what do you think saves us, hate or love? Do you think that people are saved because they correctly answered a game show question or because they truly care about others? There are some Christians who will attempt to correct me; but, there are many that will go to Jesus calling his name and he will tell them that he never knew them, Satan knows his name and knows what he did, does that save Satan?

The question, even for atheists, is not whether or not you guessed right on the exam, it is whether or not you loved others and forgave others or had a heart of hate and selfishness. Why seek division when we can seek to love and help one another? If you truly care about your answer, try asking questions that lead to greater understanding rather than proving someone wrong. By the way, I am a Pastor and you didn't stump me in the least. Pat yourself on the back when you bring people together.

Im pretty sure your dodging the QUESTION I asked. Just like all christians do when asked this. Dont beat around the bush please. Are you praying to a false messiah in jesus christ? The jews(who by the way happen to live in the holy land) dont believe your story. And pastor, correct me if im wrong, but does your religion happen tp claim that NO ONE will be saved unless they believe that jesus died for their sins and they accept him into their hearts? Im pretty sure it does.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

The Bible dude.

Then you are saying that the Christians are right? Or are you specifically only referencing "Old Testament"?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

second line.

Did you read it with this question in mind?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

The Bible dude.

Then you are saying that the Christians are right? Or are you specifically only referencing "Old Testament"?

The Old and New Testaments are a continuum, not a piecemeal corpus. So, both.

link   

I'm pointing out the redundancy of your question. Of course a Jew or a Christian thinks their religion is the right religion. Why would you even bother to ask them that?

link   
Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindu's etc... They're all wrong!

Anyone with half a brain knows that the universe rides on the back of a giant celestial squid called Trevor.

IRM

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

second line.

No. I was raised with it, forced to church and found myself not believing once I was old enough to see for myself and make my own decisions. Trust me ive spent time in church. And it made me sick to see that out of an hour service, 45 minutes was singing and them collecting and begging for money. I know they do some good things, and
I know the church staff especially the pastor is well taken care of. Ive seen a few pastors houses trust me

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I'm pointing out the redundancy of your question. Of course a Jew or a Christian thinks their religion is the right religion. Why would you even bother to ask them that?

Well because its kind of important to know if you will go to "heaven" when you die. If the christians say you must believe in jesus to get in, and jews dont , who is right. Im sure they both strive to get into heaven right? How is that redundant by the way?
n. pl. re·dun·dan·cies
1. The state of being redundant.
2. Something redundant or excessive; a superfluity.
3. Repetition of linguistic information inherent in the structure of a language, as singularity in the sentence It works.
4. Excessive wordiness or repetition in expression.

edit on 1-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

second line.

No. I was raised with it, forced to church and found myself not believing once I was old enough to see for myself and make my own decisions. Trust me ive spent time in church. And it made me sick to see that out of an hour service, 45 minutes was singing and them collecting and begging for money. I know they do some good things, and
I know the church staff especially the pastor is well taken care of. Ive seen a few pastors houses trust me

Is this an honest inquiry on your part, or some sort of would-be polemic? There are hypocrites in the faith, yes understood but irrelevant to your question.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join