It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you befriend an alien?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Would I befriend an alien? Depends...

Is she hot?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by game over man
So basically the OP asks would you make friends with a good person?

Yup because your not likely to consider making friends with someone who is wanting to eat you or use you as a guinea pig

Legitimate ET talk is more or less what is in our Solar System! Or what Hubble and Kepler are discovering! Or quantum physics studies of Parallel Universes/Multiverse!

Can you link me to these Legitimate ET's that these programs have discovered? Thanks And BTW Steven Hawking says we should NOT be friends with ET... in fact he warns us not to

Stephen Hawking aliens warning
www.csmonitor.com...

OP yes we want to make contact with ET's, where have you been? We sent out a welcome to Earth capsule a long time ago.

Where have YOU been? We already found a laser like signal from Toucanae and we are sending messages to Gliese 581D And the top message is "Please don't eat us..."

Countdown till signal reaches Gliese www.hellofromearth.net...
Top Messages :

Hello Gliese 581d inhabitant. Can you help us humans travel through space and become smart like you. Please do not eat us we are a friendly race.
Angus Pigott
Canberra, Australia
www.hellofromearth.net...

I'm sorry I can't remember what it's called but it contains languages from all over the world, examples of art, music, literature, and pictures. This is one of the reason Steve Hawking says we shouldn't be trying to contact ET. He is worried that we sent such a thing out will bring back violent ET's.

Yeah that old message from Carl Sagan... making all ET's see that only White Aryans are on this planet

But that is why the OP stressed "GOOD aliens

Kinda like the Venusians that visited Earth in the 50's... They had some hot babes

I'm sure the Venusians are pleasant 8) . Legitimate ET talk, what I meant is talk about extremophiles in our Solar System... There are a lot of articles, and discussion about extremophiles in our Solar System. Such as this one:

Link

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
No, this thread REALLY IS about whether or not you could or would befriend an actual alien.

I am SURE aliens read this site and have a giggle and a think.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If I met aliens or an alien who was capable of valuing some of the same things that I do (such as beauty, nature, compassion, kindness, intellectual discourse, and of course, video games), who was capable of accepting me for what I am without judgement or condemnation, then I would say we have grounds for a friendship. I'm not going to dismiss someone as a friend because they come from a different planet or look different from me, or have different cultural practices. As long as those cultural practices don't involve harming others without a good rationale (i.e., self defense and it was the only way to extricate from the situation).

If they were able to drink tea and eat my food without harming themselves, I'd cook good meals and serve good tea and share my table with them in the oldest human tradition of hospitality.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
For me, it would depend on their intentions towards me or the human race in general. If they came here for mere curiosity and/or knowledge of our planet and various species, I would definitely befriend an alien.
However: if they came here to rob us of our resources, enslave us, or just plain destroy us, then I'd take up arms and fight. I believe a lot of other people would do the same and not just shoot first and never ask questions at all.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

i guess this could be an arms length work in progress friendship. i would also be wary of any increasing requests for expensive ice-cream.
f

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Depends....if we are talking about choosing a friend from one of the known E.T. races....I would say....NO....not that I wouldn't mind having an Alien Friend...but more so that....FRIENDSHIP....is a HUMAN concept.....and the known E.T. races have a very different social structure.

If for some reason...I ran into an ALIEN like the GUY in the movie PAUL.....maybe. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I dont think a friendship conducted at 'arms length' would build a decent relationship!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

i suppose it boils down to mutual respect and a careful approach to friendship. still would be 'arms length work in progress' or i would not be interested.
f

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
yeah i think if the initial introductions were a sucess and we established good dialogue we could move on and be friends, i would be a bit wary though about taking rides in space ships..one thing at a time eh!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
First ATS post.
Okay.YES. as to one known pacifist, noncompetative, Alien tertiary symbiotic form.
This topic will tend to put honest replies into a "psych" folder.
Begin folder now if so desired.
The pulsing,Droppa stone shaped objects,which displayed intelligence by forming a ring with one very bright object of the same variety centering itself in the circle and growing noticably brighter in a repeated attempts at communicating with us during an STS mission.
Our response to this obvious display of intelligence was,and is,held under a very high clearance level.
This clasified information has been released by the"informant"without regard to"National Security"without approval,and specific standing orders under both N.A.S.A.,and S.S.directives to all nonterrestial intel notwithstanding.
On this mission these symbiotic space traveling objects also attempted to assist with a stuck hatch on the shuttle's cargo bay access passageway,however these objects are in a different density,and simply floated through the stuck hatch without damage,and flashed a rapid greeting to the humans aboard the Shuttle as they slowly navigated through two varieties of"solid"materials and moved away at subluminal velocities.
These objects are very visible in the STS"Tether incident".
Mission control requested communications move to a frequency not available to any other earth based communications transceivers to describe objects and actions of objects.
These communications were covertly recorded on a miniature device which was prohibited as are all private means of recording events in low earth orbit,and have been duped to eleminate positive identification of the Cosmonaught,Astronaught,or other unlisted onboard personel.
What is known,is that these objects are a symbiotic group of three distinct life forms in cooperative joinings which are begun by a worm-like being which understands the mechanics of compressing forms of ambient sub-atomic matter which mankind is unable to manipulate, measure, or demonstrate the existance of,to form a"heavy"atomic structure which when compressed"wishes"to decompress.
This compressed matter is produced in limited quantities by means which seem understandable to scientists. however thus far not been reproduced in experimentation,and no hypothesis has reduced to theory.
This manipulation of atomic structure has been taking place at one known non-earth location which has been engineered to facilitate incubation and first feedings of hatchlings,the mechanical feeders appear ancient in their design and placement.These constuctions apear to be self aware and apparently communicate with each other for both functonal matters,and strangely,for enjoyment of conversation.The traveler who recorded these events is known and can be verified,he or she has documented many things of which the general public is unaware.
The release of much of this information coincided with cutbacks in the budgets of both N.A.S.A., and J.P.L..
I will not publicly reveal this location at this time however individuals with simple topic research skills will find this information surprisingly easy to locate.
Video taped evidence of the"feeding"of small quantities of this"heavy matter"to hatchlings of the larval worm form of these holometabolic life forms by what appears to be mechanical constructs operating with what is theorized to be artificial intelligence also exists.
These primary biological forms hatch at greatly varied size under different gravities and pressures, when in the larval form they are drawn to feeders both mechanical, and biological cooperating with feeding the "schooling" hatchlings in the secondary stage of holometabolic transformation,and tertiary symbiotic forms,by an unknown motive force,video of one massive worm larva form rising from Terra is also easily available to any interested researcher,though I follow a policy of not supplying links to this information,the trail is quite easy to pick up.
The limited quantities of "Heavy, or compressed matter allow hatchlings to exceed luminal velovities in short bursts as they learn to direct the flow of expanding compressed or "heavy" atomic arrangements.
These "Aliens" cooperate and communicate flawlessly with one other species which is an apparent bi-valve shaped exactly in the form of the Droppa stones.
The third stage of development involves biometallic creatures which have always existed in the "Flatland" of compressed atoms found in Singularities and Neutron Stars,they have no experience of anything except themselves and easily are captured and taught to cooperate in a benificial symbiosis,these creatures do not know of death,danger,pain,or anything else except that which is experiened in stationary existance in"Flatland" until captured and are difficult to restrain from gathering too much "Heavy matter" (DANGER)during the growth stage of the symbiotic form.
Out of characters. More later(Q24)if interest is shown.
B9Predator,clear*

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
First ATS post.
Okay.YES. as to one known pacifist, noncompetative, Alien tertiary symbiotic form.
The pulsing,Droppa stone shaped objects,which displayed intelligence by forming a ring with one very bright object of the same variety centering itself in the circle and growing noticably brighter in a repeated attempts at communicating with us during an STS mission.
Our response to this obvious display of intelligence was,and is,held under a very high clearance level.
This clasified information has been released by the"informant"without regard to"National Security"without approval,and specific standing orders under both N.A.S.A.,and S.S.directives to all nonterrestial intel notwithstanding.
On this mission these symbiotic space traveling objects also attempted to assist with a stuck hatch on the shuttle's cargo bay access passageway,however these objects are in a different density,and simply floated through the stuck hatch without damage,and flashed a rapid greeting to the humans aboard the Shuttle as they slowly navigated through two varieties of"solid"materials and moved away at subluminal velocities.
Mission control requested communications move to a frequency not available to any other earth based communications transceivers to describe objects and actions of objects.
These communications were covertly recorded on a miniature device which was prohibited as are all private means of recording events in low earth orbit,and have been duped to eleminate positive identification of the Cosmonaught,Astronaught,or other unlisted onboard personel.
What is known,is that these objects are a symbiotic group of three distinct life forms in cooperative joinings which are begun by a worm-like being which understands the mechanics of compressing forms of ambient sub-atomic matter which mankind is unable to manipulate, measure, or demonstrate the existance of,to form a"heavy"atomic structure which when compressed"wishes"to decompress.
This compressed matter is produced in limited quantities by means which seem understandable to scientists. however thus far not been reproduced in experimentation,and no hypothesis has reduced to theory.
This manipulation of atomic structure has been taking place at one known non-earth location which has been engineered to facilitate incubation and first feedings of hatchlings,the mechanical feeders appear ancient in their design and placement.These constuctions apear to be self aware and apparently communicate with each other for both functonal matters,and strangely,for enjoyment of conversation.The traveler who recorded these events is known and can be verified,he or she has documented many things of which the general public is unaware.
The release of much of this information coincided with cutbacks in the budgets of both N.A.S.A., and J.P.L..
I will not publicly reveal this location at this time however individuals with simple topic research skills will find this information surprisingly easy to locate.
Video taped evidence of the"feeding"of small quantities of this"heavy matter"to hatchlings of the larval worm form of these holometabolic life forms by what appears to be mechanical constructs operating with what is theorized to be artificial intelligence also exists.
These primary biological forms hatch at greatly varied size under different gravities and pressures, when in the larval form they are drawn to feeders both mechanical, and biological cooperating with feeding the "schooling" hatchlings in the secondary stage of holometabolic transformation,and tertiary symbiotic forms,by an unknown motive force,video of one massive worm larva form rising from Terra is also easily available to any interested researcher,though I follow a policy of not supplying links to this information,the trail is quite easy to pick up.
The limited quantities of "Heavy, or compressed matter allow hatchlings to exceed luminal velovities in short bursts as they learn to direct the flow of expanding compressed or "heavy" atomic arrangements.
These "Aliens" cooperate and communicate flawlessly with one other species which is an apparent bi-valve shaped exactly in the form of the Droppa stones.
The third stage of development involves biometallic creatures which have always existed in the "Flatland" of compressed atoms found in Singularities and Neutron Stars,they have no experience of anything except themselves and easily are captured and taught to cooperate in a benificial symbiosis,these creatures do not know of death,danger,pain,or anything else except that which is experiened in stationary existance in"Flatland" until captured and are difficult to restrain from gathering too much "Heavy matter" (DANGER)during the growth stage of the symbiotic form.
B9Predator,clear*

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
First ATS post.
B9Predator,clear*

link   
First ATS post.
B9Predator,clear*

link   
First ATS post.
B9Predator,clear*

link   
First ATS post.
B9Predator,clear*

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm up for being friends with an alien, but I think I would piss it off after a while because I'd be bugging them for answers to some of humanity's gaps in scientific thinking. Hopefully they'd accept the Monty Python series as appropriate compensation...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
First ATS post.
B9Predator,clear*

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
First ATS post.
B9Predator,clear*

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Edit: Double post
edit on 27-11-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join