It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you befriend an alien?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids

So much discussion of aliens involves invasion, abductions, government cover ups, but what if you met a genuine ET and he was a good person. Would you be friends with him? Could you mentally handle being friends with a being from another planet?

Would you be a genuine friend or secretly wish to expose him for your own gains?

I suppose some people would be scared, but if he was genuine and didn’t want my brain for experiments, I would give a whirl. Would you?

Man, you guys are sooo gullible. All those nasty smelly aliens have to do is stay out of sight and tell the news chic not to say anything, and as if by magic you suckers are begging for the butt ugly aliens to wisk you away in their spaceship and take you to some very far away place that you know nothing about.

Oh, yeah.. and the reason life on this planet is so crappy is because of those space aliens you want to be friends with so badly. And just so you know, they're going to have us nuke everything and half the population, just to make life even worse so that you want the nasty space aliens even more!

Too bad you guys don't know anything about the aliens. If you did, you wouldn't be eating that Thanksgiving turkey (I wanted to get a turkey, but there's this problem with the aliens and stuff that you'd have to see for yourself). I'd love to tell you more, but you wouldn't listen so it would be a waste of my energy anyway. I'll just have to hope you find out for yourself.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Sure, why not? As long as they are nice I will be friends with anyone.

Any friendly aliens out there are welcome to come by for Thanksgiving

edit on 24-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

Originally posted by mandroids

So much discussion of aliens involves invasion, abductions, government cover ups, but what if you met a genuine ET and he was a good person. Would you be friends with him? Could you mentally handle being friends with a being from another planet?

Would you be a genuine friend or secretly wish to expose him for your own gains?

I suppose some people would be scared, but if he was genuine and didn’t want my brain for experiments, I would give a whirl. Would you?

Man, you guys are sooo gullible. All those nasty smelly aliens have to do is stay out of sight and tell the news chic not to say anything, and as if by magic you suckers are begging for the butt ugly aliens to wisk you away in their spaceship and take you to some very far away place that you know nothing about.

Oh, yeah.. and the reason life on this planet is so crappy is because of those space aliens you want to be friends with so badly. And just so you know, they're going to have us nuke everything and half the population, just to make life even worse so that you want the nasty space aliens even more!

Too bad you guys don't know anything about the aliens. If you did, you wouldn't be eating that Thanksgiving turkey (I wanted to get a turkey, but there's this problem with the aliens and stuff that you'd have to see for yourself). I'd love to tell you more, but you wouldn't listen so it would be a waste of my energy anyway. I'll just have to hope you find out for yourself.

Well start a thread and give your reasons... I have all night and i'm bored.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
yeah, i have lots of mates from different cultures.. it would be no different.

what really strikes me is this...

here is a clip of a tribe meeting a white guy for the first time:
www.liveleak.com...
they're curious, but friendly... and by the end of it everyones smiling. this is how they deal with visitors to their world.

here is an alledged clip of an "alien interview" (whether fake or not isn't the point so don't waste time pointing it out or not)
www.youtube.com...
the way WE treat visitors to our world (supposedly). stark difference huh.

most of us would love to be friends with visitors from other places, but if we treat visitors like this i'd imagine that possibility is still a very long time into the future. sadly.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think we'd giggle ourselves silly : "OMG...YOURE AN ACTUAL ALIEN...btw, the French love being abducted!"

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
reply to post by mandroids

If this Alien had mastered inter-stellar travel and all that goes along with it then i think there would be a pretty large intelligence gap, I think i'd have to buy the Alien a "I'm with stupid" tee-shirt

they might be looking for a new pet .... and if they looked after me as well as I look after my pets then sure Id be their friend

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
You can make friends with me if you want.
I promise i won't abduct you, or wipe your memory........., but don't bend over for too long

.......and don't tell the authorities, or you may get into trouble, cos I'm illegal

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

Thanks Ladyteeny, I loved the first clip.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I saw a documentary once where someone claimed Grays liked Strawberry Ice Cream and Tibetan music.

Better go stock up then i guess

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

S&F for you. Way to think out of the box.
It all depends on the caracter of the alien. Just like humans, I'm sure some of them are a-holes. And if that's the case then no I wouldn't. But like you asked...if he were a good person? Yes I would. With out question...well, not with out question. There will be a plethora of questions. Every thing from their home planet to customs and arts. From food to transportation, Name it I'd inquire.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I need to take the opposite tack here for I have befriended many people while here but find it hard to get really close as humans are a weird mixed bag of personalities, formed outside themselves and they go through life blinded. Truly being among an alien mix here is a trying experience and I would welcome others from elsewhere as friends which I hope will work out better than I experienced here.

As a matter of fact, there are others whom communicate now and then and I find them to be more sincere than those around me now.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'd absolutely befriend one... not only because it would be incredible to go on an interstellar road trip with him... but my main reason for befriending him would be to show him that not all humans want to shoot them down and steal their technology, and that their race is totally dealing with the wrong individuals on this planet.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by oaf21
I'd absolutely befriend one... not only because it would be incredible to go on an interstellar road trip with him... but my main reason for befriending him would be to show him that not all humans want to shoot them down and steal their technology, and that their race is totally dealing with the wrong individuals on this planet.

I agree with this sentiment entirely. The biggest honour i could have would be to have the chance to be a 'good' representative of this world.

Has anyone considered the possibility that an alien could easily post on a website such as this?
An Alien could be reading this stuff right now for all we know.

If they were to make contact with me i just hope it could be done gradually, over time so as not to freak me out.
Maybe a letter in the mail explaining themselves and a possible time that they would do the 'reveal'.
That would make things easier for us both i think.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Why not

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

why does it have to be a he?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yes,if it will get me a ride off this planet.
And it would not hurt if it was a "friendly" female either.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Could you mentally handle being friends with a being from another planet?

This is the crux of the matter. Would you be mentally capable of comprehending a being that bends space-time with its mind? That thinks in multi-valent logic? That possibly considers cannibalism as the highest form of love? Don't be so naive about what alien really means. Even if they look just like us, an alien mind might be so different as to render a complicated human relationship like friendship impossible. Nevertheless, given the opportunity I would certainly attempt to communicate with an alien. Whether that evolves into a positive relationship of some kind is another, much more complicated matter.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ya think so
If I can get pass the first moment of fear
I like to think i'm open minded but that moment what will i do
prety sure there good one as bad one it a 50 /50 change i think
wish me luck

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Absolutely. Had some over for Thanksgiving last year. Didn't quite go as planned.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I would gladly befriend an alien as long as he/she didn't ask me to betray the human race in any way!
Here's line 2 in case my answer isn't long enough. What as piece of crap this line 2 thing is!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join