It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Tylenol for you!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Tylenol should just be Illegal. That way I could laugh at how ATS would close any thread talking about it.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisIllusioned PatRiot
Ive been prescribed vicodin 10/500 4 times a day for the last 2 1/2 or 3 years. the makes dose before od for acetaminophen is 2000mgs... Wow. I'm screwed.

My husband has MS and takes this much on a daily basis. It's gotten so that he picks between keeping himself supplied with this prescription and others over and above eating nutritious food. The symptoms he has from the vicodin addiction are worse than the MS symptoms he has. He already has brain lesions, digestive problems, kidney problems, etc...yet the Dr. he sees continues to prescribe away......

We also know another MS patient that has been taking these for years and who now has cirrhosis of the liver.

Perhaps you should be asking your Dr. about this!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

Trust me I have. I go to the VA hospital and cant afford to see a civilian dr. The guy is from Pakistan or Kashmir. I cant understand a word he says and i really dont think he knows what im talking about. I ask every time I have the misfortune of seeing and its always the same answer. Oh youre young dont worry about it. lets do some blood work and check your liver. By the time my liver function shows jacked up in my blood work I'll already be screwed.

Ive already stopped taking one pill that he was giving to treat nerve death.... with side effects like "sudden severe stomach bleed with out warning resulting in death" who in their right mind would prescribe that let alone take it?

I would quit the vicodin to but like you said I'm already hooked on it and the withdraws suck wish i could find something else that worked as well with out all the side effects.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

reply to post by supine

Both should look into checking in a program involving reduction of toxins within the body. A holistic approach...MS is a dread disease...I have several family/friends stricken by this...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

I have thought about that but from what the people ive talked to about it its not going to help any if you keep putting the poison right back in and I dont know of any holistic treatment for MS or nerve death from trauma. thanks for the advise though i will look into it some more.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

Check this out...

www.earthclinic.com...

One other thing you need to consider is that water is toxic if ingested in sufficient quantity...all things in moderation...

edit on 11/24/2011 by jeichelberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

Yes wasn't stating they are one and the same. I'm well aware of the differences. Also I didn't know that Ibuprofen couldn't be a chemical addiction. However, I was more saying addicted as in "oh this or that hurts...I'll just take an Advil/Tylenol/aspirin (psychological,quick fix)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by studio500

You do realize 2 tablets 3x a day is 6 tablets a day, less than the 8 max on the warning label?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I never ever take Tylenol.

I have fibromyalgia and take gabapentin for it. if that does not work i can take up to 800 mg of ibuprofen.

And if that does not work i have a few vicodin left over from dental work and I take 1/2 of a 5/250 vicodin. and if i need more i can take the other half.
All these are safe together. and i can even throw in a aspirin that i take as a blood thinner..

If i take a Tylenol then i can not take the vicodin.

My doctors always tell me to take tylenol and Tylenol is worthless i tell my doctors that every-time they suggest taking it that they are full of c**p.

By the way i was a EMT for 30 years.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

You do realize that vicodin is a combination that includes acetaminophen (Tylenol) , right?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Tylenol has been said to be VERY HARD on the liver and kidneys.

Not good to take on a daily basis folks!!!

Your liver and kidneys are very important organs.

True.....

Frankly, I don't know what all the hubbub is about Tylenol in the first place. I think it's a pretty lame medicine that rarely does that much to help in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join