It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Director Oliver Stone lashes out at US

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt

they could also show the american tv shows about every inbred primitive groups featured on the history chanel.
the world would think we all live in swamps, survive by hunting and eating alligators and only have one tooth left.
every week they seem to show another retarded sub specie of americans..
any country that wants anti american propaganda could show those shallow "the housewives of -----(-take your pick)."
hard to find a more useless human being than in those reality shows.

if anybody has a bad view of america, they are propably watching american tv.
and our politicians are as useless as anybody elses, we are pretty much all even there.
edit on 21-11-2011 by citizen6511 because: spell ck

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Agreed. America could do without "ambassadors" such as Domo1. The rest of the world doesn't hate America for it's freedom. Americans are hated for obnoxiously believing that they are free and that their country is spreading freedom when the complete opposite is true on both counts. Most Australians, Asians and Europeans are not sympathetic to the imminent destruction of the United States and it's people because of this very misplaced arrogance.

And to share with it, we could remove military bases and let others pay for other in defense then remove the internet and other movies that you guys enjoyed. Just like how other countries can't handle conflcit themselves. BTW, where was Europe during Bosnian War in 1992-1995?

As for Eu, they are a lot worse shape than ours. Heard the news lately? Truth is, they need more than we need them. Stick a pipe and shove it where it doesn't belong. Do you speak for the rest of the world? What has your country done lately besides having the U.S. did most of the weighting?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

No reason to make this personal.

On topic please.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

And to share with it, we could remove military bases and let others pay for other in defense

Knock yourselves out - the world has been asking you to do this for decades now.

then remove the internet

Impossible - you clearly do not have an understanding of how the Internet works.

and other movies that you guys enjoyed.

I prefer British and European (and some Aussie) films over the dumbed down Hollywood crap the U.S. churns out.

On a side note, while you're talking about denying the world products and services, how about Australia (being one of the worlds top exporters of nuclear and resource materials) stops supplying the U.S. with Uranium and Plutonium to power your billion nuclear bombs and all your reactors? We could also stop sending you natural resources, driving the final coffin nail into your already dying manufacturing industry. I would love to see how you lot get on without electricity and the capability to make stuff.

You didn't think that out terribly well did you?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

No, I agree with you. I think that's an older generation though. I know that there are no truly transposed cultures here and I would bet that there are people with that isolationist attitude everywhere. I personally want to travel, but right now I don't have the money and I would say that lends more to that low passport percentage than an attitude. I would have had a passport except you didn't need one when I visited Canada around 05.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Knock yourselves out - the world has been asking you to do this for decades now.

So you admit that the world asked us to do something? You admit this yourself.

Impossible - you clearly do not have an understanding of how the Internet works.

The U.S. army invented the internet in the 1960s. The World Wide Web is not. What do you have against the U.S. and Israel? We could pull out the internet and keep it here and made on own, leaving the WWW to drown as well.

I prefer British and European (and some Aussie) films over the dumbed down Hollywood crap the U.S. churns out. On a side note, while you're talking about denying the world products and services, how about Australia (being one of the worlds top exporters of nuclear and resource materials) stops supplying the U.S. with Uranium and Plutonium to power your billion nuclear bombs and all your reactors? We could also stop sending you natural resources, driving the final coffin nail into your already dying manufacturing industry. I would love to see how you lot get on without electricity and the capability to make stuff. You didn't think that out terribly well did you?

Majority of the world actually buy our movies. Compare to the number of dollars they buy our movies compare to others. Besides, as i recall, Two and a half men was actually the number 1 watched shows in Australia and it was an American show. Everyone in the world is practically American since our culture is exposed to many others. That is also, above top secret is an American website. I'm talking about the global media, not the trade itself.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

So you admit that the world asked us to do something? You admit this yourself.

Clutching at straws much?

The U.S. army invented the internet in the 1960s. The World Wide Web is not. What do you have against the U.S. and Israel? We could pull out the internet and keep it here and made on own, leaving the WWW to drown as well.

OK, so you Googled the HISTORY of the Internet, but failed to research how it works. You could "pull the plug" on the Internet and completely cut yourselves off from the rest of the world who will be happily using the Internet without Americans besieging it.

Majority of the world actually buy our movies. Compare to the number of dollars they buy our movies compare to others. Besides, as i recall, Two and a half men was actually the number 1 watched shows in Australia and it was an American show.

Two and a Half Men? Are you #ing serious?

It was highly rated here in Australia because the network who played it played 3 episodes in a row in primetime.......and our other choices were just as bad - hence I turned to downloading.

You make the most money on movies because of the sheer amount of them you churn out.

Everyone in the world is practically American since our culture is exposed to many others. That is also, above top secret is an American website. I'm talking about the global media, not the trade itself.

ATS is NOT an American website - this has been dealt with MANY times on ATS (search feature is your friend). ATS is fully International and the bloke who started it was English if memory serves me correctly, it is only the servers that are located in the States. So, fine, yank the ATS servers.....the rest of us will continue happily away on another website while you, in the US, play "I'm better than you so I don't need you".

Everyone is practically American? Arrogant much? As an Aussie I am offended by that statement, as should all members from around the world.

Thankyou for completely proving my original point about American arrogance. You could not have done a finer job!

edit on 22/11/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Everyone in the world is practically American since our culture is exposed to many others

No, and the rest of the world is proud not to be American, or associated, affiliated with America. It's called nationalistic pride, pretty much the same emotion driving your above (innane) comment is what drives people in other countries to feel very proud of their heritage, culture and nation. All of which are much older than what America has to offer by the way, so if anyone is/has been exposed, it would be Americans having been exposed to OTHER cultures, not the other way around.

T
edit on 22-11-2011 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

ATS is NOT an American website - this has been dealt with MANY times on ATS (search feature is your friend). ATS is fully International and the bloke who started it was English if memory serves me correctly, it is only the servers that are located in the States. So, fine, yank the ATS servers.....the rest of us will continue happily away on another website while you, in the US, play "I'm better than you so I don't need you". Everyone is practically American? Arrogant much? As an Aussie I am offended by that statement, as should all members from around the world. Thankyou for completely proving my original point about American arrogance. You could not have done a finer job!

We could go back into isolation and if the world blows up again, we could go back to pre-WW1 and watch the world burn anyways. Truth is they need us more than we need them. Considering that we have done a lot of heavy lifting since WW2 so you guys spend on your social safety net. Reason why Europe isn't at war again because of U.S. military presence since WW2 and make sure that they don't go to war. Considering the fact Europe started two World Wars we had no business belong into but got dragged in anyways. BTW, thanks for assuming all of us are arrogant because you downplay and switched it to think my comment was arrogant. Because most of them what they see on TV, not in real life. Because it make you a complete stereotypical bigot.

Clutching at straws much?

Where was Europe and Australia during the whole Bosnian War? That is for example how do U.S butt in. Research yourself please.

Two and a Half Men? Are you #ing serious? 1. It was highly rated here in Australia because the network who played it played 3 episodes in a row in primetime.......and our other choices were just as bad - hence I turned to downloading.

I didn't mean that everyone was practically American, i said everyone in the world adopted an Americanism culture. Hence they were so many starbucks in Europe and Canada and everyone else. Look at all around you.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

We could go back into isolation and if the world blows up again, we could go back to pre-WW1 and watch the world burn anyways.

LOL. You truly believe that don't you? Must be nice living on Planet Ignorance.

Truth is they need us more than we need them.

Again, you are clueless about globalisation and countries interdependence on each other.

Considering that we have done a lot of heavy lifting since WW2 so you guys spend on your social safety net. Reason why Europe isn't at war again because of U.S. military presence since WW2 and make sure that they don't go to war.

Could it be perhaps because they had no need for war? Nah....couldn't be....it's all because of the Americans....

Sheer arrogance.

Considering the fact Europe started two World Wars we had no business belong into but got dragged in anyways.

Generalisations - you just blamed EVERYONE in Europe for the actions of a few madmen. Well done on that.

BTW, thanks for assuming all of us are arrogant because you downplay and switched it to think my comment was arrogant. Because most of them what they see on TV, not in real life. Because it make you a complete stereotypical bigot.

I called you arrogant because you are displaying the dictionary definition of it. I was speaking fact, not hearsay.

Where was Europe and Australia during the whole Bosnian War? That is for example how do U.S butt in. Research yourself please.

Minding our own business. Something Americans haven't learn yet. Where were you in the East Timor war? Did you even know there was a war there recently? Do you even know where East Timor is without Googling it?

I didn't mean that everyone was practically American, i said everyone in the world adopted an Americanism culture. Hence they were so many starbucks in Europe and Canada and everyone else. Look at all around you.

That's called globalisation, not Americanisation. There is a BIG difference.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

LOL. You truly believe that don't you? Must be nice living on Planet Ignorance.

Since you hate America so much and how it handle in International affairs, we could go back in isolation. That's why the world screamed at for.

Again, you are clueless about globalisation and countries interdependence on each other.

LOL i know countries depended on each other but why did NATO asked us to do most of the bombing in Bosnia and Kosovo? Think about it. Even though it was Europe's backyard.

Could it be perhaps because they had no need for war? Nah....couldn't be....it's all because of the Americans.... Sheer arrogance.

I could list craploads why they need us more than we need them from BBC, Guardian, etc. Perhaps because how many other NATO countries asked us to do most of the dirty weight, hence Bosnia and Kosovo for example.

You speak of generalisations - you just blamed EVERYONE in Europe for the actions of a few madmen. Well done on that.

Never said i blame Europe, it was because of few madmen in power, we had to set up bases and even since then. If we could trust them to handle themselves(i mean by Politicians, not the people).

I called you arrogant because you are displaying the dictionary definition of it. I was speaking fact, not hearsay.

Still going on with that stereotype? Never in my comment i said display arrogance, it calls facts. I seen more people from the other side that are arrogant than the other.

Minding our own business. Something Americans haven't learn yet.

ROTFL you proved my point. That's why the world sat on their asses and watch three warring factions killing each other for territories and greed for three YEARS. Not to mention even refugees were illegally immigration to other countries and had the taxpayers paid for them for a free ride. Even they was a no-fly zone by the UN and NATO and a UN peacekeeping force, they still would not do anything to stop the massacres between three warring factions. And if you ask the people of Bosnia, they hated how Europe doesn't stop the conflict so we decided to butt in and intervened because Europe didn't do anything and guess what we stopped the war completely. HAd we done that in 1992, the war would have ended in 1993. Especially when it's suppose to be Europe's backyard. You truly prove my point how ignorant you are and how the UN functions for the world. NATO and the UN was created to prevent conflicts from getting in out of control like WW2 for example. Just like England, France, and the U.S. sit and watch Hitler and Japan build up their own army faster. Why don't you research on the war before you spout out something that is ignorant. Ask the people of Bosnia why they think of Europe and America. I have been there myself. Besides, the "minding their own business" lead to Srebrenica massacre, 30,000 people dead in Sarajevo, etc and so on.

[quote]
That's called globalisation, not Americanisation. There is a BIG difference.

I see.

edit on 22-11-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Since you hate America so much and how it handle in International affairs, we could go back in isolation. That's why the world screamed at for.

I've noticed a trend amongst Americans. If somebody says something bad about America they immediately throw out the "Hater" punchline. Newsflash - the rest of the world doesn't revolve around hatred, unlike America. Calling us 'haters' because of criticism is childish.

LOL i know countries depended on each other but why did NATO asked us to do most of the bombing in Bosnia and Kosovo? Think about it. Even though it was Europe's backyard.

Funny that, the worlds most dangerously armed country being asked to bomb someone. I wonder why they asked you?

Never said i blame Europe, it was because of few madmen in power, we had to set up bases and even since then. If we could trust them to handle themselves(i mean by Politicians, not the people).

They were your words, not mine. That's the second time you've made a generalisation then tried backpedalling when you were caught out.

Still going on with that stereotype? Never in my comment i said display arrogance, it calls facts. I seen more people from the other side that are arrogant than the other.

Facts? Like the fact that the US can "pull the plug" on the Internet?

I'll stick to ACTUAL facts thankyou.

American is globalization.

Thankyou, again, for proving my point.

You, sir, are clueless.

And you never did answer my question on East Timor.....you just parroted on about Bosnia. I see your diversion and I'm calling it out. You don't actually know do you?

Again, thanks for proving my point.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

And you never did answer my question on East Timor.....you just parroted on about Bosnia. I see your diversion and I'm calling it out. You don't actually know do you? Again, thanks for proving my point.

Maybe it's because it was supposed to be your backyard and we told you to handle it. So you did it by yourself anyways.

Newsflash - the rest of the world doesn't revolve around hatred, unlike America. Calling us 'haters' because of criticism is childish.

Even though it's not that, the people went too far out of like for throwing out bigotry which means they are idiots themselves. That is all hatred.

Funny that, the worlds most dangerously armed country being asked to bomb someone. I wonder why they asked you?

If NATO was full prepared to do it themselves, why did they ask us to do most other work in Bosnia and Kosovo? Because NATO doesn't have the resources and technology that we have. I remember clearly when Clinton said he didn't want to take part of the Kosovo bombing, it was heavily lashed out by NATO allies for betraying them so Clinton quickly agreed to take lead of the bombing campaign. It was clearly in his autobiography and other NATO allies themselves.

Facts? Like the fact that the US can "pull the plug" on the Internet? I'll stick to ACTUAL facts thankyou.

Considering the fact like other Europe doesn't need us shows how arrogant they are yet when we said we are arrogant?

Thankyou, again, for proving my point. You, sir, are clueless.

I used Bosnia as an example of why the U.S. butt in because the world didn't do anything do stop it. Then when you said, "mind your owe business" that means other we need to trust countries to handle their own but Europe for example didn't do anything about to stop the Bosnian conflict. Not parroting about it, just used them as examples.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Maybe it's because it was supposed to be your backyard and we told you to handle it. So you did it by yourself anyways.

You told us to handle it? What a laugh that is.

Admit it, you had to Google it to even think that didn't you?

Even though it's not that, the people went too far out of like for throwing out bigotry which means they are idiots themselves. That is all hatred.

That made little to no sense. Something about bigotry and hatred? Are you describing yourself?

If NATO was full prepared to do it themselves, why did they ask us to do most other work in Bosnia and Kosovo? Because NATO doesn't have the resources and technology that we have. I remember clearly when Clinton said he didn't want to take part of the Kosovo bombing, it was heavily lashed out by NATO allies for betraying them so Clinton quickly agreed to take lead of the bombing campaign. It was clearly in his autobiography and other NATO allies themselves.

It's a consequence of deliberately becoming the worlds most powerful army - you get asked to do stuff. Whinge and moan about it all you like, that's just the way it is. You guys chose your world position, now deal with it.

Considering the fact like other Europe doesn't need us shows how arrogant they are yet when we said we are arrogant?

What? Again, you make little to no sense to me.

I used Bosnia as an example of why the U.S. butt in because the world didn't do anything do stop it. Then when you said, "mind your owe business" that means other we need to trust countries to handle their own but Europe for example didn't do anything about to stop the Bosnian conflict. Not parroting about it, just used them as examples.

Yep, a fine example of the US wanting to show the world their muscles yet again and "butt in" (your words) on world affairs that were none of their damn business.

Keep on proving my point mate, this is perfect!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

It's a consequence of deliberately becoming the worlds most powerful army - you get asked to do stuff. Whinge and moan about it all you like, that's just the way it is. You guys chose your world position, now deal with it.

Yep, and that's what the world is like. Darn if we do and darn we don't. We can deal with that being world leader and all.

Yep, a fine example of the US wanting to show the world their muscles yet again and "butt in" (your words) on world affairs that were none of their damn business. Keep on proving my point mate, this is perfect!

That's why the people of Bosnia loved the U.S leadership. The people of Srebrenica and the dead of Sarajevo would had to disagree. Here is for example how Europe terribly handled in that war. The U.S. was the only one that called for action against the Serbs and Europe wanted us to handle themselves. But they botched it anyway.

Lift and strike was the name of an American policy, which sought to improve the chances of a political settlement in the Bosnian War. The idea of the proposal was to lift a United Nations arms embargo in order to allow the poorly armed Bosniaks to arm with imported weapons, thus balancing the conflict, along with the threat of air strikes against the Bosnian Serbs. The policy was initially called for in the summer of 1992 by the then Bosnian President Alija Izetbegović., and later adopted by several US Senators including Joseph Biden. After initially opposing the policy, Bill Clinton adopted it as a part of his 1992 campaign platform, in an effort to distance himself from George H. W. Bush on foreign policy. United States Secretary of State Warren Christopher visited European governments in May 1993 in order to persuade them to support the strategy, which would have required their involvement, but the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Russia rejected the proposal, fearing that it would endanger UNPROFOR troops and the UNHCR's humanitarian programme. In 1994, the United States Congress and Senate called for the arms embargo to be lifted, but by this time Clinton opposed it because of previous European opposition. It is also reported that Clinton's wife Hillary influenced this decision.[9] Several important political figures had called for military intervention, including US Senator Bob Dole and former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. The conflict was finally brought to an end in 1995 by the Dayton Agreement, following NATO bombing of Bosnian Serb Army positions.

Who's fault was it the massacres for Bosnia? The world or the USA? You keep showing your bias then downplay it to make it seems like if the U.S. went in that conflict for fun and show their muscles. Keep on with the ignorance my friend! Attempt to downplay America's role and how it's policy handled the war. You claim arrogance yet you the one that downplay America's role in affairs and attempt to make bias against the USA. That is my friend called arrogance. It seems like you ok with people killing UN peacekeeping forces in Bosnia and not stopping the conflict. That's exactly how Hitler and Japan build up their army and started a major WW2 when the world should have pay attention and take action early. That's why isolation and not paying attention can never work in real life.

What? Again, you make little to no sense to me.

For example: Europe doesn't need us and want military bases out for example. Actually it's their politicians that wanted us to stay.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Are you kidding? Do you think a single light bulb would stop working in the US, if the Aussies disappeared?

"The whole world has been asking you to leave for years"

Do you understand what would really happen if the US closed it's bases and stopped all Aide? You obviously DO NOT!!

I wish the US would stop spending a dime on the rest of the planet. I wish we would close all bases, bring all our men and women home.

You act as though this would be good for the world... You could not be more wrong.. The difference between us, I think it would devastate the world... but, my give a crap has gone.

If this country were to become isolated, rest assured, my neighbors are a resilient bunch, we would pick up the slack in no time flat.. You can take that to the bank! Stop acting as though the US is this evil entity, that is only concerned with destruction. You would be dishonest to deny that the United States of America, has had a very positive impact on this giant rock. As of late, there are some things that have saddened me... but, for the most part, the US is in the business of helping people.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join