It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Life Is A Video Game Played By Aliens

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

That was awesome!!! I think you covered just about everything.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

No I didn't. To be honest, I haven't heard about that before. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I have been doing some research on it. Pretty interesting stuff.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If we're really "living in a game," then the players probably gave up on us long ago, keeping the game running with AI.

Ever seen "The Happening"?

Ever heard of those audio drugs that get you "high" from hearing some sort of audio?

What I would find more common is some kind of superior life form testing on us by sending out waves or noise of adding something to our world to see how we react.

If I wanted to be some-what realistic, I'd say that new species of animals could be put into our world to see our reactions. I'd say that people reacting oddly would be from some kind of sound wave that screws with our brain. I'd say that something that's in the air is screwing with everyone.

In the end, it's all speculation and theory. I find it kind of like a program to keep thinking these things up, too, but who's to keep on one topic?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
sorry but factless ramblings

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

That was awesome!!! I think you covered just about everything.
I thought of this a few pages back...

Aliens that are new to their virtual game,start out with one character and as they advance they are able to activate and control multiple characters and then eventually graduate to controlling entire armies of virtual humans and the really advanced players are allowed to ocasionally cause extinctions,create new virtual species and destroy entire worlds....Like the planet we now call the Asteroid Belt...

Evil aliens that have graduated to the higher levels of their virtual game,create and control Hitler,Mao,Genghis Khan,Napoleon,Stalin,ect,ect

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

www.secondlife.com

i'm on there, JoeinNorthCarolina Akroyd, come on in and say hi

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I just love it when they use the slo mo feature right before the good parts.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
wow, sorry aliens, my game is really boring

sorry

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by synchro
If this were true, then wouldn't one of the first things programmed into a game character's "virtual mind" be the inability to figure out that it's all just a video game designed by aliens?

Spot on...

What is the point of 'programming' self realisation, or self-consciousness into a 'virtual' character?

While I have always found the idea of life as, 'video game' (with its sensible and outlandish extrapolations) interesting...it does appear that way...except, the limitations, rules and parameters applied to this appearance are necessary for this 'vibrational' location, and the same goes for others.
They are less, US being 'played'...as US playing them...

And from here, the idea extrapolates...into madness...

Akushla

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
the Star Trek TNG Episode Ship in a Bottle has an ending very similiar to this

Episode brief
edit on 11/18/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by synchro
If this were true, then wouldn't one of the first things programmed into a game character's "virtual mind" be the inability to figure out that it's all just a video game designed by aliens?

Spot on...

What is the point of 'programming' self realisation, or self-consciousness into a 'virtual' character?

While I have always found the idea of life as, 'video game' (with its sensible and outlandish extrapolations) interesting...it does appear that way...except, the limitations, rules and parameters applied to this appearance are necessary for this 'vibrational' location, and the same goes for others.
They are less, US being 'played'...as US playing them...

And from here, the idea extrapolates...into madness...

Akushla
The digitized,holographic characters,you and i "discovering the truth" could be another part of the aliens "lets see how they react" program and it also could be the signal for the aliens to re-boot and initiate another extinction event,entering the next level of the game,allowing another species to arise...
edit on 18-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The digitized,holographic characters,you and i "discovering the truth" could be another part of the aliens "lets see how they react" program and it also could be the signal for the aliens to re-boot and initiate another extinction event,entering the next level of the game,allowing another species to arise...

Like I said...

...extrapolation into madness...

If you keep it stupidly simple, take away the, 'being played' part...you are closer to a scenario which matches what is going on...

Akushla

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Like I said...

...extrapolation into madness...

If you keep it stupidly simple, take away the, 'being played' part...you are closer to a scenario which matches what is going on...

Akushla
I understand what you mean when you say madness...But...Scientists telling everyone that everything exploded out of nothingness in a big bang and that the earth is flying through a void filled with black holes,is every bit as maddening...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I agree, blocula...
...but you can't always believe everything you hear...
...or necessarily the configuration in which it is told to you...

Akushla

edit on 18-11-2011 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

I agree, blocula...

Akushla

I cant hear everything i believe either...No one really knows where we are or what we are or why we are.I think my theory that is this thread is extremely profound and a lot "deeper" that most of what scientists tell us.Their theories are filled with lots of holes and mine fill in a lot of them...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

reply to post by blocula

I agree, blocula...

Akushla

I cant hear everything i believe either...No one really knows where we are or what we are or why we are.I think my theory that is this thread is extremely profound and a lot "deeper" that most of what scientists tell us.Their theories are filled with lots of holes and mine fill in a lot of them...

Akushla

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I had a dream many years ago, that I am still not sure was a dream, that made this point very compellingly.

I think you're right.

But there is no wires to the interface. It's a portal the size of a snooker table. You bend your head over into the table, as if into a pool of water, like you were bobbing for apples.

weirdest and most unsettling thing was, in that dream i had the body of a standard non-android grey alien, and so did my dad, who was laughing his ass off at me.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seamus
reply to post by blocula

I had a dream many years ago, that I am still not sure was a dream, that made this point very compellingly.

I think you're right.

But there is no wires to the interface. It's a portal the size of a snooker table. You bend your head over into the table, as if into a pool of water, like you were bobbing for apples.

weirdest and most unsettling thing was, in that dream i had the body of a standard non-android grey alien, and so did my dad, who was laughing his ass off at me.
I think maybe we are "Ancestral Simulations" You and i and our reality is how we,in the distant future,preserved our history and our memories,because we knew we were going extinct and we and the earth and everything else our five senses preceive,are the virtual,three dimensional,holograms being projected from a reality simulator machine from the future,that is in auto pilot mode and as planned,it continues on long after we perished as a race,somewhere in time...
edit on 19-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
they are not very good at playing games then, only 1% of them are winning, the other 99% are losing all the time, i am imagining alot of extraterristal control pads being thrown around in spaceships with a scream of "this game sucks!" "it's not working when i press the stupid button!"

edit on 19-11-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Some interesting thoughts... Simulated is not the same thing as duplicated, you know. We could simulate earth and its solar system at some distant future time while creating the illusion in the simulation that the rest of the universe exists. But it actually does not. This would reduce the complications considerably and anybody in the simulation could be totally unaware of it.

There's an argument that if an alien civilization has reached singularity then it's possible WE'RE ALREADY PART OF THE SINGULARITY. In effect, we're trapped inside it. We're unable to escape its gravity, so to speak. Or, in other words, a simulation produced by aliens far in advance of us. They reached the singularity and exist as gods in this universe. This could all be their memory.

If it's true that a civilization already reached singularity then one must wonder if this DICTATES that they would command the whole universe? Would they become interdimensional? Perhaps a better way of saying this is if a civilization has reached the singularity in our universe, does this necessarily mean that we MUST be a part of it? It does imply it. Singularity means that a civilization advances exponentially and at a certain point becomes so advanced that it could literally eat the whole universe. The reason this becomes possible is because it's exponential.

Imagine a race of beings so advanced that they'd be indistinguishable from god. But would they care about us as much as our fantasy god does? I doubt it. Do we care for ants? I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that the most advanced beings would make us a single-celled organism. We like to think we're the top of pyramid. I think it's just anthropocentrism. We're not prepared to know the truth because we're not accustomed to being mostly ignored in a discussion. Put an ant on a white house committee. Do you think the noise it makes will matter to them? I think the discussion will go like this... Ant makes noise. Person says, "Would somebody shut that thing up. It's incredibly irritating. We need to give these ants a home and hope they keep us enough alone. They should be able to take care of themselves. Anybody else have some input?" We'd be talking ant hills while the aliens would be talking planets and solar systems. It'd be a brick wall. Thusly, I don't see much hope for future contact unless the aliens are more on our level.

Here's another one:
Sometimes I wonder if there's a kind of super energy that dwarfs anything we have. It would do more than just revolutionize our life on this planet. It would enable us to do things we thought impossible for a stage 0 or even stage 1 civilization. Energy that's equivalent to a star or several of them. Suddenly, we could be solar system eaters, not planet eaters. But lets say that we know that there're already stage 2 and stage 3 ET's in this universe. We're (covertly) at war with most of them that come here. We think that they're meddling in our affairs. Through a brokered agreement with some rogue aliens, we received this technology that produces unfathomable energies. It's my argument that we'd be inclined towards destroying it or hiding it.

Why? Well, anytime you pack a large amount of energy int o one place, what happens? If it's contained, you have a battery or a reactor. If it's not, you have an explosion. Another words, massive energy can almost always, directly or indirectly, be weaponized. They'd be afraid what this kind of energy would do to world security. Why would anyone cooperate if they could produce all their energy at home? What would this do for terrorists? What would it do for war? After considering the implications of a world with nearly unlimited energy, they'd probably kill everyone that knew about it and bury whatever was left that hinted at it.

Thus, everything we see around us is an illusion. It's not fake, per say. It's more like a lie. The confines of our reality were not imposed by nature, they were imposed by people who found this energy technology and decided to destroy it because of fears about what it might do if unleashed onto the world. They had the best of intentions. They have seen what nuclear technology does as a weapon. They're terrified what would happen if eveyrone had nukes. Now imagine something that's orders of magnitude more dangerous than nukes. Consequently,, we're living in a sheltered reality. Some will say it's a lie, some will say it's the only option.

There's another possibility in this idea that I didn't touch on above. But I want to now. It might be that weaponization is not the only concern for this hypothetical government. It could be that this energy technology makes them feel vulnerable. Humans, like most animals, have ego's. It's normal. We like to separate ourselves and enjoy our status (when compared to others). We like to earn our keep. Imagine a world where everybody suddenly becomes equal. Not absolutely equal, but relatively equal. Our power level was shrunk so much by this energy technology that we all became microscopic. So, viewed from that point of view, we're equal now.

This thought scared them and threatened their ego. This could be another reason that a technology of this sort is hidden. I guess what makes me think of this are games and life. People earn money and status because it's competitive. Without competition, life becomes a lot more drab. If you don't feel like what you earn means something then it's not worthwhile. Games are the same way. We compete in them for points or rewards and we compare ourselves to others to judge ourselves. If there's no scoring system and everybody wins then there's no sense in playing it. Just imagine a guy who earns the same amount of money as you do but sits on his sofa all day. Would you feel like working your butt off to make the same amount he does? Of course not. You want to be compensated and acknowledged. Doing good things for the world is only meaningful if it's acknowledged or scored. Without a kind of scoring system then there's no way to acknowledge your efforts as being better than somebody else's. In a world where there's infinite energy or (in relative terms) vast amounts, like in the above scenario, there's no need to have a scoring system because there's no appreciable depletion (at least not for a very very long time). It's precisely the limits of our reality, its finity, that brings about its competitive nature.

In fact, the more finite it's, the more competitive (and evolutionary) it will be. For example, if you stress a system, this will typically kill off the weaker members. The less stress present in the system and the more excessive hte resources, the more complacent and non-evolutionary things will predictably become. What kind of reason would there be for living?

So it could be that they chose to hide it to increase competition and evolution of human society. This is different from hiding it to preserve ego. Ego might just be a by-product.

Peace out.
edit on 20-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join