It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mechanism for expanding Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I don't know if this is the right forum for this, if not then please move it. Anyway, I was thinking, the reason the
expanding Earth (EE) doesn't hold water is that there is no way to get a bigger Earth from the inside out. None that make sense that is, then it hit me.

The core of the Earth is very rich in uranium. The heat from the mantle is mostly derived from nuclear decay. Well, when uranium decays it turns into lighter elements. Same mass, less density. Less dense equals more volume. As elements travel down the periodic table they get lighter and less dense. IE bigger.

I think I just solved the problem. Any holes in this? Anyone know the math that would be involved figuring the increase in volume as a measure of time? Bueller?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
i thought the inner earth is cooling down. cooling down = less density = earth shrinking ?

edit on 29-10-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
According to Hopi oral traditions it is exactly the OPPOSITE. The denser matter (particularly iron) moves towards the CENTRE of our Mother the Earth. This makes the core more dense and heavier to the point that the core COMES OUT OF OUR MOTHER THE EARTH (at the Weddell Sea in Antarctica) or is birthed. This has happened three times before when our Mother was in successive outer orbits. Each time the core is birthed, our Mother jumps ONE ORBIT closer to the Sun in her path upwards in spiritual evolution. And we have all been with her on this journey. Sound crazy? Maybe not when you look at the geological record:

mountzion144.ning.com...

www.dancingawakethefifthworld.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
the present 'expanding' (IMHO) is not going to increase the volume of the planet, but the irregular bulges are a process of outgassing which is being caused by the sudden, odd convection currents within the Mantle

that process my have a variety of causes... either the more dense & more magnetic molecular cloud this area of space id immersed in or else it it is the tightly contorted Solar magnetic field that is causing torsion energy to excite the semi-solid inner core and the more fluid outer-core heating the Mantle into many more major Plumes
which in turn causes earthquakes and volcanoes and hundreds of (previously undiscovered) under sea lava/hydro-thermal vents

[[making the Earth change from a smooth, egg shaped silouette into something more resembling a pineapple
profile with clusters of pits and prominances]](spelling, sorry)

this era might be the 200 ,000 year magnet pole shift/reversal or the 300,000 year period of extreme volcanism
or else something unique to the Earth Geology...

any qualified professors wanna go out on a limb like i am, as untrained as i am.
edit on 29-10-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

As it cools down the heavy elements become lighter elements. Lighter elements take up more space.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

As it cools down the heavy elements become lighter elements.

you mean, like in a nuclear reaction ?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Exactly. The heat of the Earth's interior is a product of nuclear fission. Fission caused by the heaviest element (uranium) being concentrated at the core.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaronez
According to Hopi oral traditions it is exactly the OPPOSITE. The denser matter (particularly iron) moves towards the CENTRE of our Mother the Earth. This makes the core more dense and heavier to the point that the core COMES OUT OF OUR MOTHER THE EARTH (at the Weddell Sea in Antarctica) or is birthed. This has happened three times before when our Mother was in successive outer orbits. Each time the core is birthed, our Mother jumps ONE ORBIT closer to the Sun in her path upwards in spiritual evolution. And we have all been with her on this journey. Sound crazy? Maybe not when you look at the geological record:

mountzion144.ning.com...

www.dancingawakethefifthworld.com...

Any time you see the Hopi mentioned think hoax, they are very secretive, do not talk to outsiders, and this is why things are attributed to them.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I don't pay any attention to indian fables or prophesies. I think they're all bunk and I am an indian. So what does that say?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This idea (Expanding Earth) is something that has fascinated me from the time I first encountered it and it has not lost any of that as of yet.

There is quite a bit of information about this theory can be found here at Neal Adams site.

This 10 minute video is a good introduction:

The second half of this post and the two follow up posts deal with the idea of expanding earth and some things to consider when discussing the theory. I also have the video embedded within that post.

Among other things, pair production is discussed by Neal as a mechanism for expansion. If fact, if you read the comments in the video linked above, you will see that Neal discusses this at length.

The second half of this post (as you can see, I will sometimes address a few different issues within posts) discusses an interesting paper and yet another possible mechanism for the possible expansion of the earth.

The idea of an expanding earth is also not a new contrivance. A very early notion of the expanding earth traces back to Leonardo Davinci. While this notion does not bear out with what has been learned since, the idea is still present.

It (EE) might not be 100% correct, but I do not think that plate tectonics captures everything in it's entirety either. The truth is (likely) somewhere between the two and still waiting to be discovered and articulated.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If you are still interested in this, then I would be grateful to support for Neal Adams who is outnumbered greatly on one of the internets prominent science forums “Rational Skepticsm”. hopefully the numbers will be more even (and fair) on this very interesting matter.

The thread (link below) has reached almost 100 pages. Another advocate came to support him today (Steven Athearn) who is surprisingly skilled.

www.rationalskepticism.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerharris

Just tried to register from my android tablet and was unable to complete the process, it will have to wait until I get home and can access my desktop.

Some of those "smart" people sure do enjoy using foul language. After readng through several pages of that thread, I have a much greater respect for ATS' policy of not allowing any cursing.

I've always maintained that if you are unable to express yourself wothout resorting to vulgarity on a regular basis, then your actual intellectual capacity is not as impressive as you would have it thought to be.

I'm looking forward to participating in that discussion.

edit on 18-11-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: typo

edit on 18-11-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: one too many contractions

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I really do think the Expanding Earth Theory is worth looking into.. I mean, simply go to google earth, and look at the 'plates' where they supposedly connect, and you won't see anything screaming 'those are plates'... But if you look at the 'stretch marks' in the ocean, where they are preserved, you will discover the earth may indeed be expanding... Science has been wrong before, and will be wrong many times again.

If the earth is expanding, the core would have to be fusion based. i.e: A small sun.. or even a brown dwarf star. The massive gravitational pull coats it with rock that was all around in space billions of years ago, and the coating reduces the gravity on the surface enough that life is allowed to exist..

"Pressure too high, no life could exist" was a quote about the deep oceans just 40 years ago.. now we know its wrong, and in fact, its full of odd alien looking ocean creatures/fish... Most blind.

Anyway, wonder if it IS a small 'normal' sun, and its expanding as it matures.. would it shed it's 'skin' -- the rock/mantle/US if it grew too fast?

Just interesting to 'go there'.. It would explain so many things....

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

If you go to a store, and buy a plasma ball. You will undoubtedly notice, that this plasma ball has a lot of things in common with our earth. In my mind, it's evidence for the earths core being plasma ... it also makes sense, plasma being the most abundant matter in the universe.

I also suggest plasma is seeking it's gaseous state ... it wants to expand. And just like our sun, which cools down and enlarges ... so does the earth.

I grew up around lava ... so I know that through my fingertips. Lava is filled with microscopic holes, which makes it an extremely effective matter, to clean oil spills in the ocean. Oil will seap into those holes, and then sink to the bottom ... and although "collecting" the oil is preferrable. The fact is, the microscopic holes in the lave, proves that the lava is filled with gas ... that expands.

Thus, the mechanism may not be as complicated as people think ... the plasma inside the earth, may be the very mechanism that created the atmosphere, as well as the waters. In my mind, the plasma is like yeast in bread ... it simply expands, and the earths crust ... is like the hard crust on your bread ....

Originally, the earths crust was probably much thicker ... and the core of the earth, much denser ... originall a hard core, when cooling the earths crust was created from accretion. But when it cooled further, the plasma seeks to expand ... as the earth expands, so may the earths crust get thinner. As the earths crust gets thinner, so may the earths gravity get larger. Because the thicker the crust, the longer the distance to the core and the dense matter that makes up for 99% of the gravity. When this crust gets thinner, obviously as gravity is also a factor of radius, or distance ... gravity increases as the core gets bigger, and the crust gets thinner.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well siesmography conclusively demonstrates that the earth has a solid innermost core - other that that nothing is know for sure - it is all complete speculation.

Has it expanded to nearly three times its original diameter over the last 250 million yrs - it seems very likely that it has.

I think the additional mass has simply come from growth - energy condensing from the astral directly into the physical at the earth's core.

That is one of the main functions of organic life - to transmute and collect astral energies for the the planet (Gaia/Sophia)

This Earth goes through cycles Iron bronze silver gold - we are verging on the begining of a gold cyle, where the lower astral realms, hideously polluted as they are will condense directly into the physical, resulting in a wave of earth expansion. New landmasses, earthquakes etc etc.

As for the interior of the eath the triple geo-spheres theory explains it a lot better than a molten iron core.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Uranium deposits in the earth's crust are not a mineral created by earth. Only a star can create uranium and heavier metals than iron when they explode. Our core is iron. Earth and even our sun doesn't have the mass to create uranium through fusion, you need a massive nuclear reaction to do that. Earth if anything is shrinking, and slowing in rotation as it will eventually theoretically slow to where a day will equal a lunar revolution, earth/day will reach equilibrium to earth/month, and no further receding of the moon's orbit will take place after that point, of course that point in theoretical time will far exceed our sun's lifespan, so it will never occur.

Expanding earth theory makes no astrophysical sense. Of course, I'm not a proponent of 'new science'. I have to say, show me.

new topics

top topics

join