It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Doom & Gloom Halloween Writing Contest [D&G] [winners announced]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Get into the spirit (pun intended) of the season and pen a tale of horror.

T&C's apply

Title must contain [D&G]

No upper or lower word count limits

Any writing form acceptable

There will be three winners chosen, based solely on the number of flags their story receives from your fellow members.

The contest runs until midnight, November 10, which is a full moon.

Winners only will get writer status, 5 'applauses' each and included in the Showcase of Winners.

edit on 12/11/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Post your story here.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hmm, it's been a while. Sounds interesting. Might have to put the callouses to work. Kinda getting the itch.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
great idea, i already posted one of my halloween poems for the contest. have fun folks and thanx for the contest.

i put [D&G] in the title of the thread in the directed forum is that all i need to do to submit my work?
edit on 23-10-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Done perfectly.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Can we write more than one?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes. No limits to the number of stories posted.

Your chances of winning depend entirely on the number of flags a story gets. Who knows... you might sweep the field with three winning stories.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I am trying to encourage my 16 year old to join in this time but when I told him this morning he gave a look that had me stating "All within the T@Cs of course" I tried to think of a few examples but left it after no cussing...

What are some of the guidelines Masqua? Things not to do in other words?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Some easy guidelines:

No profanity or censor circumvention.
No graphic sexual descriptions
No illegal drug discussions
No attacking other members

That about sums the main points up. If it doesn't fly anywhere else on ATS, it shouldn't fly in the writing forums.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Already reading some of the stories...faaaaantaaaaaaaaaastic!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Just finshed mine, its not the longest but I had fun doing it.

I Used To Love Zombies.

ALS

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Zombies are kewl

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I thought "Halloween theme" and the first thing that came to mind was Zombies!!!

Brains.................

ALS

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Fun!

I'm flying on Halloween, so I'm sure the adventures with the TSA will be far scarier than anything I could ever come up with for a story..

..... and then, a hand came seemingly out of nowhere.... (BOO!)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tabularasa
..... and then, a hand came seemingly out of nowhere.... (BOO!)

[Wizard of OZ - Dorothy voice]
Oh. Dear me, tabularasa... I do so hope the frightful hand was not proceeding toward your junk. That would terribly scare me straight out of my little red shoes and I should think I was once again in Kansas.
[/Wizard of OZ - Dorothy voice]

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

[Wizard of OZ - Dorothy voice]
Oh. Dear me, tabularasa... I do so hope the frightful hand was not proceeding toward your junk. That would terribly scare me straight out of my little red shoes and I should think I was once again in Kansas.
[/Wizard of OZ - Dorothy voice]

Oh Dear, Dear Dorothy... Such an innocent as you should not be exposed to such clutches of immorality. But I must confess... My junk was indeed handled - thoroughly - in full view of many, many Munchkins. I can only hope that none were in possession of these newfangled recording devices.. But alas, my sad tale of woe pales in comparison to how my friend the Scarecrow fared.. The TSA indeed plucked the stuffin' right out of him. He's not been the same since. His fear of fire has now been replaced with fear of latex-gloved men and women in uniform.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tabularasa

Good gracious, tabularasa!

I would think a cake of lye and a bristly scrub brush are in order and quickly so. Gosh, I wonder what Auntie Em would say!

Scarecrow, I think, will be fine once he finds a haystack by way of which he is able to restore his prickly constitution, such as it is. Hopefully it won't contain any wheat grains gone darkly bad this time. What a hoot that was...

And the Cowardly Lion, did he, as his is way, giggle much as the TSA tickled his... oh, I cannot say it, tabularasa... his... no I cannot...
edit on 26/10/11 by masqua because: sp

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think the last couple posts of this thread are pretty scary...
I'll be working on something... sometime soon
Hopefully, I can add to the contest and not embarrass myself!...

NAAAAH!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I've just posted my story and I have an apology to make.

I thought it would take up more room than it did and I've had to leave a couple of 'empty posts' - I put them in so that anyone wanting to reply wouldn't find themselves in the middle of the story while I was still copying and pasting it.

Very sorry.
edit on 26-10-2011 by berenike because: I hope this explanation makes sense

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Auntie Em, she would put them in their places.. Something along the lines of swatting them over their heads with a flour sack.

The Cowardly Lion indeed giggled as they... errrr... Well, suffice it to say that he thoroughly 'embraced' the experience, so much so that he is currently working for the TSA in Kansas.

And I will be making my way through the dreaded cattle line today.. If picked for a full pat-down, this will be my third time in a row.. Now that to me is frightening..(BOO!) I at least want a glass of wine and some sweet-talk first!
edit on 27-10-2011 by tabularasa because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join