It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Used To Love Zombies.[D&G]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I used to love zombies, Zombie games, zombie films, zombie fest, Rob zombie. On halloween I would dress up as one, get plastered (drunk) and run around pretending to bite people. There was something about the hoarde of flesh eaters that terrorfied me in an exicting way.

So you can imagine my exictement when I heard on the news that thousands of people around the country had gone crazy. I remember the news anchor clearly. "Strange reports coming in, hundreds perhaps even thousands of people are causing violence up and down Britain. A spokesman for the 'great london hospital' said "we have had 147 cases of severe bites in the past four hours" . The government are urging everyone to stay at home, do not go out, do not open your door!".

Nobody knew what was going on but I did, I knew straight away.

I had to see it, I had to see my favourite past-time in real time. I will never admit to making many mistakes in my life but without a doubt this was one.

I rushed around my lonely house gathering supplies, food, water, MP3 and every zombie bashers favourite tool! A baseball bat. As I went to open the door, I paused. The excitement was amazing, rushing over my body like a shower of electric raindrops. I hoisted my bag'o'supplies over my sholder, picked up my weapon and left the house.

The tension hit me like a brick in the face. This wasn't like the news had said, this wasn't "hundreds maybe thousands", this was everybody and everywhere. The were fires, sirens, people running and screaming. It was everything I had ever seen in films and games. It was chaos but it wasn't the same. When I watched the films I had the comfort of being on the 'right' side of the glass. But now the glass was gone, I became the survivor, I became the food.

As I stood there gasping in fear I noticed a shadowy figure to my right. I tried to crouch but it was to late the figure started a sprint. For a split second I didn't know what to do, I was frozen. As the shadowy creature reached my front gate I snaped and my instincts kicked in. I lunged at the undead with my bat held high, I brought it down with the force of a collapsing star. CRACK. The bat went through its head like it wasn't even there. Ice cold blood covered my face like war paint.

I didn't even have time to celebrate. Before I knew it I was on the floor, tackled to the ground like an American footballer. I struggled to turn over to see my attacker but when I did I wish I hadn't. Face to face, its bright yellow bloodshot eyes pierced my fear and turned it to terror but that terror was good. It would help.

A surge of powerful endorphins rushed through my body, down my arms and threw the undead monster atleast six foot. To the left I saw my weapon, my salvation. I dived for it but fell short by a farmers inch. I turned to see the dead already half way into the air. Throwing itself at me like a hungry dog to a meat frisby.

I felt white hot pain as the flesh eater tore into my adrenaline infused muscle, groaning as he ate. My arms must have grown while my legs were being eaten because before I knew it I I had the bat in my hand and I was smashing the undeads skull to pieces.

Part 2 will follow tomorrow,

Thanks for reading.
ALS

ETA: This was original ending but I rushed it and I don't think its that good, so I'm gonna extend the story then rewrite the ending.

Thanks

What happened next is a blur. I vaguly remember rummaging through my bag but I don't remember getting on to this chair. Damn my leg hurts its all twisted and mangled. Ah damn, why did I go outside. What a fool, I should have known. Never leave the house, rookie mistake! I wish I had never watch them damn zombie movies atleast then I wouldn't know what was coming, I could kill myself but....but I don't....I don't have the.....I don't have the guts.

I guess I am.......I am to become that in which......In which.....I loved......

Thanks for reading.
ALS
edit on 25-10-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Great short story man!

Admittedly, I was itching for more...
Too bad because it is one of my favorite subjects to read.

Good job!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Reminds me of this little nibblet from resident evil:

May 16th 1998
I heard a researcher who tried to escape from this mansion was shot last night. My entire body feels burning and itchy at night.
When I was scratching the swelling on my arms, a lump of rotten flesh dropped off.
What the hell is happening to me?

May 19, 1998
Fever gone but itchy.
Hungry and eat doggy food.
Itchy Itchy Scott came.
Ugly face so killed him.
Tasty.

residentevil.wikia.com...

I like the story so far.What happens next?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Excellent story !! Not the best ending though...

I liked it ! S&F !!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

reply to post by havok

Hey guys thanks for your comments and because of them I have decided to extend the story and rewrite the ending. Truth is I rushed the last bit due to time constrants but seeing as some of you took the time to read it I will put in a better effort.

But you'll have to wait till tomorrow.

ALS

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

reply to post by Silcone Synapse

reply to post by havok

Part 2

as the zombie's autonomous body folded to the floor I screamed, atleast I think I screamed. My mouth was open and air like razor blades was cutting the back of my throat but I couldn't hear anything. I was dazed, I was confused. Coming round from my state I saw something running across the road in front of me. I knew I didn't have it in me to fight again so I layed still and played dead.

As I layed there I watched the beast run past. A few seconds later, the same creature that had just run past me ran back the other way, this time it had 3 others in tow. This is when I relised it wasn't one of the undead, it was another Human. I wanted to call out, I wanted this person to help me but I couldn't. It was as if my survival instincts would not allow me. I tried to move, I couldn't. I tried to shout, I couldn't. I just had to lay there watching as the terrorfied food source fell to the ground.

I watched as the hoarde tore the flesh from from the strangers bones. It wasn't the gore that got to me, it was the screams. There is something extremely chilling about the death cries of us humans, when I heard it my soul ached. SNAP! Again my instincts take over. With the death of another I could save myself.

I knew from the many zombie flicks I had watched that the hoarde were now preoccupied with their feast. I sat up, putting my palms on the cold ground. I shuffled towards my door. All the while keeping my eye firmly fixed on the undead as they ripped muscle and skin from their victim.

I made it to my door. Holding on to the letterbox I struggled to pull myself up but as I did I heard a noise, an awful noise that sounded almost like a prolonged cough. It was one of the reanimated, it had noticed me. Seeing fresher meet than the poor schmuck it had just ate, the zombie ran toward me. I fumbled around in my pockets to find my keys.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I don't feel very well ATM so I will post the rest later.

ALS
edit on 26-10-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

All you peeps are in for a true rude zombie awakening, according to this prophet. The Illuminati are going to have a mock revival of the dead wherein carcasses are gonna be animated by the demonic entities that are coming through by a Hell portal that has been opened by tptb. Supposedly this is why they've been shelling out all the zombie movies to acclimate the people's psyche to what is going to happen.

Anyway, if you want to know how to survive in the zombie apocalypse mock revival of the dead, then hear what thsi lady has to say:

top topics

join