It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Gaddafi killed, died of wounds - NTC

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Fake Gaddafi Photos?
This guy is making great senses

Crazy about the two photos looking alike like they do (nearly identical). Not too mention the connection he makes between the European Banks and Hugo Chavez.

I think SpiralOut is on the right track with Qaddafi being snuffed out by the IMF's henchmen.

It's crazy the way these events get spun by the media outlets around the globe when there is soooo much more to the story than is ever told.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The news and the pictures / video did not sit well with me. I guess I have no stomach for a Mussolini kind of ending for anyone. Maybe he deserved it, I don't know enough about Libya and the history of his dictatorship to know. I am not saying it was an injustice. I am just personally disturbed with the way it went down. I do not know if I would have had the same reaction to the UBL photos we never saw. Dunno, but it made me think and question which is why I like ATS. I am just not down with brutal killings.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Another fake picture...here we go again!

I'm pretty sure he's dead, but still, this photo is absolutely fake!

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

What the hell is wrong with YOU? Gaddafi was not a dictator, he was elected by the people as the Secretary of the People's General Assembly, an honorary title. Libya was run by a direct democracy composed of a committee of leaders...each one representing a particular tribe.

Seriously, do your research and burn that TV down. MSM does not have a great record at telling the truth...

Right.. you keep believing that the 5% that hated him took him down, while the 95% that "loved" him did nothing to stop it.

I actually read reports, blogs, forums and email from people in Libya. What in the hell are you reading? Do you even have a vague idea of his # of transgressions, especially in the 70s and 80s? I suppose if he was responsible for thousands of deaths then, it doesn't matter now.

How wonderful it must be to live in his advanced society! Free healthcare! Except it's so terrible, most use out of country healthcare instead. Great economy! Except laws dictated how much you could be payed. Yes.. what a great place that must have been to live.

I'll give you he advanced that country far beyond where it was. Pity he did it in a way that took away freedoms, and killed innocents. Just because someone doesn't mourn every time a dictator who FUNDED TERRORIST GROUPS dies, doesn't mean they are a drooling zombie who soaks in MSM propaganda

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

What the hell is wrong with YOU? Gaddafi was not a dictator, he was elected by the people as the Secretary of the People's General Assembly, an honorary title. Libya was run by a direct democracy composed of a committee of leaders...each one representing a particular tribe. Seriously, do your research and burn that TV down. MSM does not have a great record at telling the truth...

If that's so, why don't you ask the Libyan Americans who escaped from Gaddaf's regime in the 1970s and so on?

www.8newsnow.com...

www.necn.com...

www.detnews.com...

www.freep.com...

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=8399413

www.grandforksherald.com...

www.wytv.com...
edit on 21-10-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

What the hell is wrong with YOU? Gaddafi was not a dictator, he was elected by the people as the Secretary of the People's General Assembly, an honorary title. Libya was run by a direct democracy composed of a committee of leaders...each one representing a particular tribe.

Seriously, do your research and burn that TV down. MSM does not have a great record at telling the truth...

Right.. you keep believing that the 5% that hated him took him down, while the 95% that "loved" him did nothing to stop it.

I actually read reports, blogs, forums and email from people in Libya. What in the hell are you reading? Do you even have a vague idea of his # of transgressions, especially in the 70s and 80s? I suppose if he was responsible for thousands of deaths then, it doesn't matter now.

How wonderful it must be to live in his advanced society! Free healthcare! Except it's so terrible, most use out of country healthcare instead. Great economy! Except laws dictated how much you could be payed. Yes.. what a great place that must have been to live.

I'll give you he advanced that country far beyond where it was. Pity he did it in a way that took away freedoms, and killed innocents. Just because someone doesn't mourn every time a dictator who FUNDED TERRORIST GROUPS dies, doesn't mean they are a drooling zombie who soaks in MSM propaganda

See...NATO did most of the work. Haven't you heard about the not so random bombings of the NATO on Universities, water points, energy industries, hospitals, apartments, and etc? Sure, the best way to attain peace is bombing universities and hospitals, killing thousands of innocents...

Seriously...

Now prove me he funded terrorist organizations and that he ripped freedom from its people. Prove it!

By the way, the health system was doing good, and the State funded its libyans when they needed a foreign health treatment. Oh the tyrany...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

What the hell is wrong with YOU? Gaddafi was not a dictator, he was elected by the people as the Secretary of the People's General Assembly, an honorary title. Libya was run by a direct democracy composed of a committee of leaders...each one representing a particular tribe. Seriously, do your research and burn that TV down. MSM does not have a great record at telling the truth...

If that's so, why don't you ask the Libyan Americans who escaped from Gaddaf's regime in the 1970s and so on?

www.8newsnow.com...

www.necn.com...

www.detnews.com...

www.freep.com...

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=8399413

www.grandforksherald.com...

www.wytv.com...
edit on 21-10-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

And you can't please everyone! I'm not implying Gaddafi is 100% perfect. I'm just saying he's not the "mad dictator" that the MSM wants us to believe. He's not even a dictator, nor a President. He's Secretary Of The People's General Assembly, an honorary title that you need the be elected.

Of course there are some people who will leave the Country because they are not pleased with the regime, happens in every countries, such as mine, Canada.

In your links, I see mostly young libyans that obviously weren't born in the 70's, or to young to remember. Hell, I see kids waving the US flag! How detached one can be towards his own country?!

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
... Osama was killed by the most professional fighting force on the planet in a secret operation. Gadhafi was killed by a few hundred Gomers with camera phones.

As we speak people are lined up to take pictures with his corpse.

osama was captured not killed by the c.i.a special activities division which used elements of seal team six and cia paramilitary operatives.

the operatives used in the raid and in similar covert special activities are s.o.g (special operations group) and are under the direct command of the cia. they are taken from the best of the best, including delta force and seal team six.

they're not just the elite of the elite, they are the best period.

the cia and specifically the special activities branch are the only agency allowed by u.s. law to conduct covert operations and operate with plausible deniability.

meaning they are expendable, and if this mission failed the united states would have denied all responsibility and we would have never heard about it.

now this is where a little intelligence comes in. the best of the best planned and executed this mission. it was multiple months in the planning, even coming from the presidents own mouth.

no stone left unturned, every possibility thought of trained for. the cia is an intelligence unit. their sole purpose in life is to gather intelligence. their tactics include deception and covert operatives.

an armed osama, let alone an unarmed osama would absolutely be no threat to any operative. to claim they shot him because he resisted and couldn't capture him, to put it mildly is unbelievable if not impossible.

what makes more sense: that they captured him, faked his death and transported him to a black site to interrogate him freely, without their hands tied by legal and constitutional restrictions, the media, or international pressure that he be treated humanely, or that 26 navy seals and cia operatives felt threatened by an unarmed 50 year old man.

the plan was perfect. the president announces he was killed, america gets justice, the media get their story and the cia gets their hand on osama bin laden to interrogate by every possible means known to man, including some of the most brutal and vicious torture techniques ever devised.

if they don't have osama, then the cia is incompetent, failed in its sworn mission to protect america and to completely dismantle al qaeda and destroy every individual osama has ever come into contact with that is a threat to security of the united states.

somehow i don't believe that. the proof is locked away in the same vault that holds the truth of the kennedy assassination. never to be seen again.

coincidentally, a few months later, a chopper crashed in afghanistan killing over 25 seal team six operatives, some of them involved in the osama bin laden raid. even though officially they say otherwise.

that is the risk you take if you accept and join the operational arm of the cia special operations division. you are an expendable asset and freely forfeit your life for your country.

edit on 21-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

And I'm gonna ask you:

What do you do of the "Million March" in Tripoli, a big movement of support for Gaddafi when the conflict started. There was about a million people there. FYI, Libya has 6 million people, that protest was 1/6th of the total population. Do you realize how big this is?
edit on 21-10-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It is said that there will be mass pro Gaddafi protests today in Libya

www.ustream.tv...

If ears are fingerprints then it is not Gaddafi.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
personally I like the headline
Libyans rejoice over Gaddafi's death

Hundreds of Libyans are celebrating across the country the death of former long-time dictator Muammar Gaddafi, who was shot dead by Libyan fighters in his northern hometown of Sirte.

link
Literally hundreds of people out of a population of how many?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Literally hundreds of people out of a population of how many?

Very few i i would imagine so, alot of libyans dont welcome the rebels. The only cheering crowds i see are when the rebels force the population to do so.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Fake Gaddafi Photos?
This guy is making great senses

The fake image he presents is obviously doctored; it is also the first that I've seen it, in this clip. I don't really see the relevance...

fleabit-
I actually read reports, blogs, forums and email from people in Libya. What in the hell are you reading?

Arab Spring was the first major test by the US military program of introducing software that portrays itself as actual people that infiltrates social media in order to support mainstream propaganda. Some Western news reports were quoting Twitter accounts during these revolutions, particularly in Egypt, that just popped up out of nowhere and relayed convenient information.

Frankly, considering the capacity of this technology, the intelligence operations backing the propaganda, and the overall strategy, I don't trust any of these social media messages from the ground. I rather trust government reports and intuition.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Osama was killed by the most professional fighting force on the planet in a secret operation.

I'm pretty sure I would have remembered if the SAS were involved

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88

www.ustream.tv...

Like i said heer before that wasnt Gaddafi, the nose and ears are all shaped wrong.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Taking into account the previous false reports I'll believe this in a day or two. If he doesn't show up somewhere tomorrow and give a speech.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
osama was captured not killed by the c.i.a special activities division which used elements of seal team six and cia paramilitary operatives.

You really believe this? Your whole post sounds like some fantasy Tom Clancy plot.

I'd rather just believe that Osama died from kidney failure about a decade ago in some cave, just as US intel officers have claimed.

I'd also rather believe that there was a lot more communication between Bin Laden and the US government than they would like anyone to know. The Bin Laden family does, in fact, have close ties with the US; they are even personal friends of Bush senior.

All of these major targets of assassination - Saddam, Bin Laden, Gaddafi - all had close ties with Western governments during the Cold War. To the US who spearheaded the West, it was all or nothing against the Soviets. It almost seems as if a secret strategic pact was made with these leaders of the major global oil reserves meant to keep the Soviet sphere of influence out of reach (the exception being post-1979 Iran, which was very secretly backed by the CIA anyways because the Shah suddenly became extremely nationalist over the Persian Gulf).

When these Middle Eastern/North African leaders realized that they were in possession of assets that the West required, they turned it to their advantage. Program for a New American Century outlines the 21st century strategy: retake control (directly/indirectly) of these oil producing countries which threaten American global strategic and economic assets so they don't fall into the hands of serious global players like Russia or especially China.

Remember, it's not about capturing the oil fields so you can take the oil home with you. It is about controlling where the oil goes, and who gets to have it. Very important for when world oil reserves start to dwindle.

Other NATO countries are on board with the US for various reasons; mostly strategic alliance from the Cold War, but also an economic and energy alliance. Frankly speaking, the EU and the US have mutual interests so they work together. Canada and Australia are also on board because we simply have little choice but to give in to the Western status quo or risk the consequences.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
So is Gadaffi alive or dead? I'm hearing reports from both sides. The MSM is obviously saying he is dead, but I dont trust them, and then you get crazy sites, like the site i listed below, who say he is alive...

My question is, would there be any reason to say he is dead if he was truly alive? Maybe he is captured so he can be interrogated for info on the missing rockets??? I dunno what to think...

Here is the questionable link i stumbled across

libyasos.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88

www.ustream.tv...

Like i said heer before that wasnt Gaddafi, the nose and ears are all shaped wrong.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

you do know that your ears and nose continue to change as you age

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buford2
reply to post by SheopleNation

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

No worries my friend, I didn't. Actually, I understood you quite fine. I have no problem with what you said whatsoever. Maybe because I replied to your post during my rant, It gave you the idea that I did, but I respect what you said in your reply. Seems like you and I, along with many others here, are on the same page.

Even if you and I or anyone else disagree in the future on a few issues concerning this subject, let alone other ones, that's ok. I respect you people alot here, and I believe we are all fortunate to have a forum like this that allows us all to exercise our sometimes alternative theories or beliefs. ATS is the best. ~SheopleNation

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join