It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TX High School Students Made To Recite Mexican National Anthem, Pledge Of Allegiance

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Where does Political Correctness end?

It'll most likely end when paranoid scaremongering does, and people accept that others can be different, and that other people from around the world have their own cultures, values and ways that are not American ones - and that understanding such and celebrating and learning about differences is the key to human prosperity, and not a bar against it.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by altiark
theirs nothing wrong with that. Especially since people have some mexican pride and can still be better americans than most.

Do they teach the Mexicans the American anthem or the Pledge of Allegiance to America? After all they want to become Americans, right?

Or do they just want to swarm us and take advantage of our system?

Well lets see... Here in Vegas in a grade school... they wanted to teach Spanish to the other kids ... the REASON given was so the English speaking kids could communicate with the Hispanic kids... say WHAT?

A few years back there were protests in Vegas, California and several other states out here. The protest was about illegal immigrants. They wanted to be allowed to stay... so what do they do? They march with MEXICAN flags... they pull down a US flag from a post office and put up a Mexican flag instead... and when the Americans try to fix it the cops hold them back. Mexican only signs on stores, Mexicans flying the Mexican flag on US soil.

If they love their country so much, why are they here? Act like the post office flag would start a war in other countries.

I too learned French in school in Canada... it was mandatory and my third language, (my first being MY native language of German. But Canada is a bilingual country. And when Montreal merchants tried that French only sign crap, all hell broke loose.

So while it is fine to learn other cultures, there is a line that needs to be drawn...

This was my post in another thread.

Originally posted by wiredamerican
AMERICA IS MADE FROM IMMIGRANTS.

America is made from LEGAL immigrants... I am one from Canada, originally born in Germany and it took me FIVE YEARS of paper work to get my green card

A few years back when the ILLEGALS protested for amnesty to be allowed to stay they flew MEXICAN flags, not AMERICAN

Mexican flag raised over post office in Maywood, CA.

American Veteran Removes US Flag from beneath Mexican Flag

LAS VEGAS students protest to allow ILLEGALS to stay

DALLAS A Mexican girl gets criticized for daring to bring an AMERICAN flag to the protest the treatment of ILLEGALS

Calif. Students Sent Home for Wearing American Flag T-Shirts on Cinco de Mayo

Calif. Students Sent Home for Wearing American Flag T-Shirts on Cinco de Mayo

Updated: Thursday, 06 May 2010, 10:37 AM PDT
Published : Thursday, 06 May 2010, 10:32 AM PDT

(NewsCore) - Five California high school students were threatened with suspension for showing up to class wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the American flag on Cinco de Mayo,

The students at Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill, Calif., were asked by the school’s vice principal to remove American flag bandannas and to turn their American flag T-shirts inside out, saying the shirts were "incendiary."

The boys were told that if they refused to do so and returned to class, they would be suspended. Instead, they chose to leave school and go home for the day.

“They said we could wear it on any other day," one of the boys, Daniel Galli said Wednesday, "but today is sensitive to Mexican-Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today."

Reaction at the school was mixed. Many believed the students had every right to express their patriotism at a school, especially one in the United States, and that citing the American flag as an "incendiary" emblem was an infringement of the boys’ First Amendment rights.

Others disagreed, saying the gesture was an act of disrespect. One of the many Mexican-American students at the school said she was offended by the boys’ decision to display their national pride on a Mexican holiday.

"I think they should apologize 'cause it is a Mexican Heritage Day," Annicia Nunez said. "We don't deserve to be get disrespected like that (sic). We wouldn't do that on Fourth of July."

However, the boys did not believe an apology was necessary.

www.cafemom.com... ies

Anytime you start to think this behavior is even TOLERABLE in this country... I say BRING OUT THE BUSES and give em a one way ticket back to Cartel territory...

This isn't about immigration or racism... its about ILLEGALS invading this country.

And leave our troops at home... we have MARVELOUS UAV's and Drones that can do the job

And at least in Nevada you can still own MACHINE GUNS

[/rant]

edit on 17-10-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by billy197300

2 years of foreign language is a requirement to graduate.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Sorry man, but your wrong. Maybe in a private school or something, but, public school....in Texas you do not have to have 2 years of foreign language to graduate.

You are correct. Apologies.

You need the two years for the Recommended or three years for Advanced Diplomas.

Minimum has no foreign language requirement, but don't expect to get anywhere.

I personally know no one that has gone with minimum.
edit on 10/17/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I wasn't thrilled about this video,but I wasn't angry.
In this day and age it is to be expected...
I am not a texan.
I have been told that I'm a racist.
I took two years of spanish in high school and I'm learning cherokee and hebrew.
Member of the USCCA.
Yes,mexicans are taking our jobs.
I am a half-breed,my daddy was a rebel and my mama is a yankee.
I am also a menopausal granny who goes through mood swings.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
When I was in school the class was studying foreign countries and many of us had to recite or sing their anthems or pledges... mine was Canada. Was that wrong too?

Or is this only wrong because it is Mexico we are talking about here?

Not meant to be taken as a facetious question. It seems the sensitivity surrounding the Mexican community's proximity might make this a problem, whereas if it were Thailand, no one would bat an eye.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

I have to agree with you. My only problem is many schools like this have also banned students from wearing the US flag on their shirts, and from what I understand no longer recite the pledge of allegiance in their schools.

I don't have a problem with students reciting other countries national anthems or pledges of allegiance if it is part of a foreign language class. One thing many people seem to forget is we are a melting pot of culture, and it benefits us all to understand and learn those different cultures. I understand the problem of illegal immigration, and how pervasive it is in our country. We're more worried about upsetting illegal immigrants than we are about upholding our way of life and culture. I think a lot of the outrage is phony and an attempt to gain headlines.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Really? I mean, really? **goes back to read comments** Yes, it looks like some of you are really upset about this assignment. When I took French, I learned (and sang) the French National Anthem and no one tried to boycott the school. We also ate French cheeses when we talked about French cuisine and learned their geography and other things about French culture. I also took Spanish and while it didn't make any sense to me learning Castilian Spanish when Mexico is to the south of us, we also learned the culture in Spain. It is about appreciation not only of the language, but the culture of the people that speak it. Kind of makes a more well-rounded American. Don't get me wrong. Had this happened in a Math class or a Science class, my reaction would have been different. But this was a Spanish class. That's kind of what you are supposed to learn... **shrugs**

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Forcing them to say another Nations Anthem should not be required.

The only time another person should be required to say a countries National Anthem , should be if they are seeking citizenship in that country or are currently a citizen... otherwise don't say it ..... there is a reason its called a PLEDGE

People need to be more Patriotic and have a little more Nationalism

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Can't do that, it isn't politically correct.
Besides, you might offend someone and next thing you know Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton will be picketing your home!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Where does Political Correctness end?

It'll most likely end when paranoid scaremongering does, and people accept that others can be different, and that other people from around the world have their own cultures, values and ways that are not American ones - and that understanding such and celebrating and learning about differences is the key to human prosperity, and not a bar against it.

That's how it used to be...until the other "cultures" importance eclipsed our own.

We are being taught to be ashamed of our American heritage, it's disgraceful.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

That's how it used to be...until the other "cultures" importance eclipsed our own. We are being taught to be ashamed of our American heritage, it's disgraceful.

How does learning about another culture teach people to be ashamed of their own? Would you honestly care if this was a German class and the kids sang the German national anthem?

I'm sick of the PC and illegals too. I just don't see an issue with this at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

A culture, let's face it, of drug wars, corruption, beheadings, death, poverty...

I don't think American students should be embracing that culture.

(not that "American" culture is much better, but still)

But still, what? But still, you don't like the idea of someone speaking "Mexican" in an American classroom, even though what this teacher did it makes PERFECT sense, considering the assignment?

I feel sorry for the American culture that's afraid of learning about other countries.

We are being taught to be ashamed of our American heritage, it's disgraceful.

BS! LEARNING about someone else's country isn't the same as being taught to be ashamed of our own. What's the matter with you!?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Here's the bottom line, like it or not.

people are so disgusted with our governments lack of response to the illegal Hispanic epidemic that anything remotely related to it will be a taboo. People are tired of seeing our freedoms and our rights being trampled on because of them. From in state tuition to welfare and food stamps, American's have had enough. Things like this are only going to get worse until our elected officials stand up and do what we have demanded they do and that is to secure our borders and put a stop to illegal immigrants, period! How can you combat terrorism when you can't even secure your own borders? It is a joke! be prepared to see more of this, and I for one am right there with everyone who sees it for what it truly is. A desensitization towards the "plight" of the illegal immigrant.
edit on 10/17/2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Maxmars

Yes, it's definitely because it's Mexico.

A culture, let's face it, of drug wars, corruption, beheadings, death, poverty...

I don't think American students should be embracing that culture.

(not that "American" culture is much better, but still)

Don't mistake the problems that exist in a location for a problem within their culture. Their problems come from some of the same places our problems come from: greed, hatred,lack of compassion. Heck, they wouldn't have so many problems with drug cartels if there wasn't so much demand for their product around the world...which includes the good old U S of A. And please tell me how learning about Mexico is embracing their culture. It may be embracing education and embracing knowledge instead fo ignorance.

Oh, and thanks Benevolent Heretic for reminding me that I wanted to respond to that.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Abrihetx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
I have been told that I'm a racist.

Yes,mexicans are taking our jobs.

I have Mexican co-workers, friends and neighbors who worked hard to come here LEGALLY and guess what? THEY are just as upset about the actions I posted. Why? because they took the time and effort to do it right... and are now proud to be American

But today if you dare speak up you are branded 'racist' How the HELL did ILLEGAL become entertwined with racism? Are ILLEGAL Mexican aliens now a separate RACE? Gimme a break. America needs an ENEMA...

July 4th and other American holidays... you will see a BIG US flag on my lawn... not a German, not a Canadian. My parents left German seeking a better life, I left Canada for the same reason... so why would I fly any other flag?

Taking our jobs? Most certainly, but I also blame law makers that allow this and I blame companies who hire them to save a few bucks and the lame politicians who are to scared to stir up controversies and DO something about it.

learning another culture is fine.. as long as the reasons are just education... not indoctrination. At this rate you will see Spanish as the official second language.

In fact its already begun

By 1974, Arizona had "switched to a bilingual election system, which included ballots, voting machine forms, and voting machine instructions in both Spanish and English," and in 1974, the state elected Raul Castro its governor, becoming the second state in the nation to elect a Latino governor, Horne says.

Horne says Arizona was a "covered state" because at least 5 percent of its population were people with Spanish as their "mother tongue" and people with a Spanish surname "originally complied by the Immigration and Naturalization Service."

5 Percent? We change our laws now to accommodate 5%?

Well at least this one ... there is a law suit against it

Arizona Challenges Parts of Voting Rights Act
www.courthousenews.com...

But it gets WORSE

California is going bankrupt

Illegal Aliens and American Medicine
Madeleine Pelner Cosman, Ph.D., Esq.

The influx of illegal aliens has serious hidden medical consequences.We judge reality primarily by what we see. But what we do not see can be more dangerous, more expensive, and more deadly than what is seen.

Illegal aliens stealthy assaults on medicine now must rouse Americans to alert and alarm. Even President Bush describes illegal aliens only as they are seen: strong physical laborers who work hard in undesirable jobs with low wages, who care for their families, and who pursue the American dream.

What is unseen is their free medical care that has degraded and closed some of Americas finest emergency medical facilities, and caused hospital bankruptcies: 84 California hospitals are closing
their doors. "Anchor babies" born to illegal aliens instantly qualify as citizens for welfare benefits and have caused enormous rises in Medicaid costs and stipends under Supplemental Security Income and Disability Income.

What is seen is the illegal alien who with strong back may cough, sweat, and bleed, but is assumed healthy even though he and his illegal alien wife and children were never examined for contagious diseases.

By default, we grant health passes to illegal aliens. Yet many illegal aliens harbor fatal diseases that American medicine fought and vanquished long ago, such as drug-resistant tuberculosis, malaria, leprosy, plague, polio, dengue, and Chagas disease.

So a normal tax paying American family who cannot afford health insurance is screwed yet we give a free pass to illegals? No WONDER they are laughing at us and streaming over the border

Anchor Babies

American hospitals welcome "anchor babies." Illegal alien women come to the hospital in labor and drop their little anchors, each of whom pulls its illegal alien mother, father, and siblings into permanent residency simply by being born within our borders.

Anchor babies are , and instantly qualify for public welfare aid. Between 300,000 and 350,000 anchor babies annually become citizens because of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and the State wherein they reside.

In 2003 in Stockton, California, 70 percent of the 2,300 babies born in San Joaquin General Hospital's maternity ward were anchor babies,

www.jpands.org...

So go ahead people... tell me how forcing American kids to recite the Mexican anthem and pledge is a "good idea"

OH and one more thisng...

Anyone seen the Illegal Highway into Arizona? The Mexicans talk about 'disrespect' a lot... well its about time THEY learn to respect the country they are skeaking in to, getting jobs, free food stamps, welfare and free medical services...

Is THIS showing respect?

Dirty diapers, human excrement and just about everything else just tossed along this illegal entry highway

www.google.com...

Just hit 'images'

WHY are we even allowing this? Can someone tell me? We worry about mythical terrorists in the Middle East, but the southern border is wide open for drugs, gangsters and illegal hoards

edit on 17-10-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
I remember having to sing La Marsellaise in a French class at school but secretly we were screaming 'Agincourt!' in our minds.
Once more unto the breach....

To the tune of Frere Jaques....

Agincourt, Agincourt
Crecy too, Crecy too.....
Nile and Trafalagar,
Nile and Trafalagar
Waterloo
Waterloo.....

from a friend of mine who attended Sandhurst - tune, for the rarking up the French officer cadets from St Cyr

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Was this teacher an illegal alien ?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

What part of these kids were not MADE to do this, they CHOSE to is everyone not understanding? Spanish IS NOT a required course in school.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by Signals

What part of these kids were not MADE to do this, they CHOSE to is everyone not understanding? Spanish IS NOT a required course in school.

I had the choice to take spanish or french when I was in school. My choice was french. In many areas, french is no longer an option.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

"WHY are we even allowing this? Can someone tell me? We worry about mythical terrorists in the Middle East, but the southern border is wide open for drugs, gangsters and illegal hoards "

Outrageous that human beings want to live on the planet they were born on huh?.. dirty humans. Bottom line.. borders are lines drawn on a map by millionaires, enforced by laws created by who?.. elitists.

btw.. 'we' don't allow this, just like 'we' don't allow foreign policy.. it's DICTATED TO 'US' by GOP & DNC dear leaders...by design. Think about it.. is it at all logical that the political elite send troops 1000s of miles away to "protect" Americans, meanwhile so called "illegals" & "drug lords" (unlicensed pharmacists) "victimize" US citizens daily?. By victimize I mean relative to politicians laws...

Want to know many unlicensed terrorists I saw ruin un told dozens of peoples finical lives before retiring from the PD?.. zero. When a so called "illegal" human, unable to obtain a license & insurance despite driving skills & income equal to any citizen, collides into "legal" people without insurance.. who pays? and cui bono?..

Lets not pretend cheap exploitable labor goes against "American interests".. Orwellian for "business interests", even Ray Charles can see that someone, not you or I, benefits from "illegal immigration", so called.. which is why it's ALWAYS allowed?.. could it be the same people who allow it?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This this is wrong considering people freak out over the American Pledge of Allegiance said but this is ok?

Nah don't think it is and this has nothing to do with racism language is not racism it's learned and this is coming from and uneducated "Redneck racist" who speaks a little bit of japanese,french,tagalog and some bad english,

This is wrong in my book.
edit on 17-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join