It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are ABSURD!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You are absurd.

You grew up a gifted child in a stimulating and loving family framework, things came easy for you at school, anything was possible, in AWE you spontaneously lived, and lived fully with your whole being.
Now, you live a lonely and limited life of IMpossibility as if no longer worthy of what life has to offer, and the sheer joy that once was, now fleeting, if not all but gone, as you enter middle age. You are absurd!

In high school, although you could have aced the whole thing and gone on to university and accomplished anything upon which you set your sights, you decided that the love of others was more important, so you gave up your gifts and talents to "party", only to learn, many years later and perhaps much too late, that one cannot find fulfillment by seeking out love without to fill a lack of it within, and that drugs and alchohol cannot bestow the grace of a childhood lost. You are absurd!

To compensate, for "hiding your light under a bushel basket", you now seek to prove, when those around you may expect either nothing or secretly hope for the best, to prove them WRONG, at any cost, and get even with them for "causing you" to forsake the best part of yourself (no one likes a showoff), by literally becoming the missing love itself, if such a thing were possible, or, if expectations are high, intentionally disappoint, refusing to live up to such absurdly unrealistic expectations. You are absurd!

You rebel against your own authority, and even refuse to wake up in the morning to go to work, manufactuing in your sleep-addled mind, any and all manner of justifications, including the notion that you are "changing the world" in your dreams! You are absurd.

People on the street, especially where you live, look at you with an inward smirk or with veild suspicion as you seek to meet every eye in mutual recognition and friendship, and babies cannot take their eyes from you. You think you might be crazy. You are absurd.

You sit, typing into and reading from a discussion forum called ATS, completely addicted, and without recourse to live the life you are avoiding, but hope that as a direct and sole result of your participation there, you will singlehandedly bring about the omegapoint of the cosmogensis of the noosphere, and herald the coming of nothing less than the kingdom of heaven, and the second coming of Jesus Christ. You are absurd.

You call yourself the "eternal optimist" and yet are so lazy that you don't actually DO much of anything at all! You procrastinate to a high degree of skill and self-deception, exerting more time and energy in NOT doing the very thing you planned to do the day before. A "leader of tomorrow", being an all-or-nothing type of guy, you choose nothing today. Why do today what I can put off until tomorrow, is the lie you tell yourself, day and day out. "Thank God for Monday!" is your Friday's declaration of joy and eternal freedom. You are absurd.

You say you are love, but you don't even love yourself!

NewAgeMan - Rob. You, are utterly absurd.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Is this a poem or a biography of some sort?

Sorry you lost me. Care to explain what you are getting at here?

But I do agree, everyone is totally absurd, no one in their right mind would dispute that.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Send your personal emails to the person you are typing to.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
You use the hash name of NewAge Man as if the "new age" movement is really anything new. Absurd

You went to HS, but forgot how to properly form a paragraph or use periods. Absurd.

Me wasting time on this thread. Absurd...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It's a confession, that I'm willing to take responsibility here on my end for my own absurdity. I can't say or speak to anything else, philosophically or metaphysically. This is psychology, philosophy and metaphysics..

I could go on, but I didn't want to bore anyone.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

They say that when you comisserate with your neighbor and he's kind hearted, he will thank you, but if he's hard hearted, he will scorn you.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by ImmortalThought

They say that when you comisserate with your neighbor and he's kind hearted, he will thank you, but if he's hard hearted, he will scorn you.

Your right im sorry

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalThought

You went to HS, but forgot how to properly form a paragraph or use periods. Absurd.

May I point out that you should have used a question mark to end your question? Since we are discussing proper punctuation after all, it seemed relevant.

edit on 13-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I was him, I lived that. It's funny because the further I read into it, the bigger the smile on my face got.
You know me too well.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I was him, I lived that. It's funny because the further I read into it, the bigger the smile on my face got.
You know me too well.

Indeed. Several times I had to recheck the aviator to see if it was mine.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by ImmortalThought

May I point out that you should have used a question mark to end your question? Since we are discussing proper punctuation after all, it seemed relevant.

edit on 13-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

What question?? That is clearly a statement... try again next time? (damn I mean to put a period)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

They say, you say? I say, you don't say. If he said what I said, then what he said was twice said and no longer needed to be said. Or were you just blindly lead?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Absurd? Maybe.

Narcissistic and navel-gazing? Oh, you betcha.

(Don't take it too hard, OP...just joshing you...
)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
We are all absurd, ignorant and unwilling to embrace anything outside our own little lives.

This is me having another go at Ezekiel's message which I was told to spread.

And, Jesus knows, it is almost impossible to spread any message to humans, except war and destruction.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I enjoyed it... thanks for taking the leap of sharing! We lost connection partly through it... but once you got to rebelling against your own authority... from there on out I was laughing and knowingly smiling the whole way. The differences are just differences of circumstance though, not of absurdity.

I wrote a similar... ummm... I honestly don't know what to call it... sorta-poem a while ago via a sequence of emails. It was completely spontaneous and unplanned... just literally letting whatever came to mind spill out. Since you were willing to share, I figured I would as well! Sadly I can't copy it here due to how it's structured... but here is the link (don't worry, my pages don't sell or advertise anything... literally just wall space on the internet):

"How I learned to stop asking Why or: How you when The Boundary"

The intro email in particular I think you will find amusing and relevant. From there on out... well I have no idea what you'll think as I think only one other person has ever actually read it! So thanks for the motivation to share my sensitive spots and accept responsibility as well.

See... perhaps you have single handedly kicked off the awakening?

Namaste friend!
edit on 13-10-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Thanks for a thought-provoking post OP, and I could recognize myself in much of what you said.

I especially like the idea that we may put off things for fear of being imperfect in our tasks, and that perhaps in doing smaller things and setting smaller goals we can actually accomplish more.
That is quite motivating!

On the other hand I like being on ATS chatting to like-minded people, and considering all alternatives I find it the less absurd choice.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I am absurd, but the world I live in is even more absurd!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I don't think it's absurd. First one conquers one's inner world and if one succeeds one conquers the outer world. Or not and enjoy paradise forever along with all those other beings which were able to conquer their inner world in their lifetime. Just leave everyone here behind when it is your time to go, each their own choice how they see their future. Don't believe in an inner world and I'd say the battle is already over before it began. Kudos to you if you struggle, at least there's something in there.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Hello NewAgeMan. Never really got a chance to chat much with you, but I do enjoy your threads, postings, and ideas.

I will soon be departing these boards, and I am happy to have read this thread before I go.

The OP, for me, is pretty motivational. It really seems like the entirety of the op is directly addressing me. Laziness, procrastination, and stagnation have been my greatest faults for a long time, despite my many gifts, abilities, strengths, and potentials. Even when acknowledged, it is still difficult to snap out of it at times. And what you said about being addicted to ATS to the point of distraction; guilty.

I always come to moments where I consciously make positive change, and with the events of my life changing, right now is the perfect time for me to do what it is I can do instead of the excuses and lagging. Thank you for the great motivation and slap to the face before I say my ATS farewells

May Peace be with you my friend.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the support and the comments, all of them, and it's nice to know that I'm not the only absurd person in the world, I was starting to get a little worried..

Wrote some stuff out last night on paper that I wanted to post today, but I forgot it at home in a rush late for work. I slept in again.

Time to grind it out in return for the almighty dollar.

Later,

NAM

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join