It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Says Iran-Tied Terror Plot in Washington, D.C. Disrupted

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Obvious false flag is obvious.
They pulled a page straight out of their WWI plan, but this time the managed to avoid the messy assassination part. Just saying there was a plot is enough this time around.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Alleged 2nd suspect has fled to Iran?????

Oh noes, here we go...

Somebody please raise the False Flag......

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
There is a difference between a false flag, and a conveniently timed press release.

Be more discriminating people. Or at least, expand your vocabulary.
edit on 2011/10/11 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Here's the easiest question to ask in order to debunk this fabricated nonsense:
Knowing the possible consequences why would Iran possibly choose the United States (esp. Washington DC) to carry out the alleged attack?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
No big deal-the US has already said this was NOT going to be a trip wire for military action.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Really now

A plot known for months broken up today...

Perfectly timed for the subpoena against Eric Holder for Fast and Furious gunrunning.

Really...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This sounds like inept opportunistic grandstanding by the administration. Why did they suddenly feel the need to go public and put this on all the news channels today? The fact that it further demonizes Iran and beats the drums of war makes it highly suspect. I watched part of it this morning. USAG Holder and others kept referring to the organizers as the "Iran government" as though it was planned at the highest levels of government in Iran but, at the same time, and far less often, also said (by a person of far lower rank than Holder), that the individuals who have been identifed as involved in the alleged plot are associated only with lower agencies within Iran. This whole developing circus would have had far more credibility if it had been announced by Mexico or by Saudi Arabia. The U.S.'s and Israel's widely proclaimed lust for armed conflict with Iran is just too much of a red flag to swallow an announcement like this at face value.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Counttrarian

I agree 100%. I want to know who in their right mind really thinks Iran is stupid enough to try something like this? And now I'm reading...a faction of the Iranian govt. What does this mean exactly? And help from a Mexican Cartel member? Oh this just gets better every minute!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Counttrarian
Here's the easiest question to ask in order to debunk this fabricated nonsense:
Knowing the possible consequences why would Iran possibly choose the United States (esp. Washington DC) to carry out the alleged attack?

Exactly. While I agree that Iran might well sanction an assassination in the Middle East, to think they would risk bombing the US (and Saudi Arabia, as it was their embassy...) is laughable - it would give the US exactly what it's been looking for. Iran isn't that stupid.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
There is a difference between a false flag, and a conveniently timed press release.

No, false flag is the correct term.

False flag operations are covert operations designed to deceive the public in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by other entities. ...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus
Really now

A plot known for months broken up today...

Perfectly timed for the subpoena against Eric Holder for Fast and Furious gunrunning.

Really...

Everyone I have talked to immediately says the same thing.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The story says that the iranian offered the supposed mexican drug cartel member 1.5 million to kill the Saudi ambassador. First of all I dont think any drug cartel would be willing to get heat put on them by the U.S. gov for 1.5 million. 1.5 million in nothing compared to what they make transporting drugs. Thats just plain stupid to offer them that little money to do something of that nature.

I wouldnt be surprised if this was orchestrated by israel as a way to get the U.S. to invade Iran for them. It would have been better if the U.S left saddam hussien in power so that Iran and Iraq could keep themselves occupied fighting each other. Thats what they were doing in the first place before the U.S got involved in the Middle East. But saddam hussien was paying palestinian suicide bomber's family's 30,000$ to kill Israelis, so I guess the U.S had to protect their ally. Even though the ally is the country thats spies on it the most and steals secret information and sells it to their potential enemies.... cough.... cough.... China.
edit on 11-10-2011 by shyster55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Again-no military action from this. The US has already stated this is NOT a trip wire (or false flag as ATS'ers call it) for military action.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

No, false flag is the correct term.

False flag operations are covert operations designed to deceive the public in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by other entities. ...

The All Powerful Jews, USA and Freemasons and their ubiquitious power.

Because, Iran is a peaceful loving nation of Imams who love everyone and have never done anything like....threaten the whole damn World.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
LIKE A "HOLLYWOOD MOVIE"

I don't think they should have used that line.

www.reuters.com...

Drudge
TIMING?
U.S. busts two Iranians today over terror plot Obama was briefed about in June...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Can any American please explain to me why America is so supportive of Saudi Arabia given that the 911 highjackers all came from Saudi and OBL was himself Saudi ?

Could you also explain what Iran has done to cause so much hatred towards it ?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
im not so sure yet... Honestly the Iranian government hates us. You say that the Iranian government couldn’t be stupid enough to engage in an act of war, on U.S soil. I say, just as Americas sovereignty, Iran believes it is a power to be reckoned with, perhaps they are the ones who want war, but America has been reluctant to oblige? Hubris is the word, ill wait and see...
edit on 11-10-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Can any American please explain to me why America is so supportive of Saudi Arabia given that the 911 highjackers all came from Saudi and OBL was himself Saudi ?

Could you also explain what Iran has done to cause so much hatred towards it ?

Bin Laden was Yemeni. His mother was a Saudi. His father had wives from a number of countries, as did he himself. Some of which are Afghani and Pakistani.

Because, that's how this works. They aren't a bunch of countries - they are a conglomerate elite spanning many countries, and they tie themselves to them by marrying across borders.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

bingo !

he was arrested 11 days ago I believe

this was for the "american spring" comment probably

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Wouldn't have anything to do with the Al-Qaeda embassy in D.C.now would it..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join