It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is teh John Kerry on "The Daily Show"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Why? Is he trying to do his "Yo, I can hang with the kids" thang to get votes from us, the youth?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The Daily Show, which will feature John Kerry tonight at 11 pm eastern on Comedy Central
, has become a regular stop for anyone of any caliber in politics, Democrat or Republican. I assure you Bush would be welcome as well.

Their DNC coverage was insightful and hilarious. I eagerly await the RNC coverage.

Do you watch it? It appeals to a broad spectrum in my opinion. Not just kids.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It appeals to such a broad spectrum that it is broadcast on CNNinternational at the weekends

link   
He is most likely trying to get a younger audience. But, I will say that John Stewart's 5 minute interview will be better than any other political analyst's out there. He asks questions that anyone else is afraid to ask. He isn't afraid to poke fun at the persons expense. He always does a great job when interviewing poilitical figures. Did you see him interview Bill Clinton a few weeks ago? It was great!!!

I wish he would get Badnarik in for his show!

link   
Yes i watch it, I just thought that Kerry was trying to get more youth votes, not that it applied to just kids (id assume kids usually watch comcentral?). Every news program should model itself from the daily show. It covers most of the news we need in 30 min, not useless 3 hrs of airtime they use for broadcasting murder and other things to keep us scared.

[edit on 8/24/2004 by s13guy]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
I will say that John Stewart's 5 minute interview will be better than any other political analyst's out there.

Think They'll extend his interview to 10 min like they did Clinton?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by s13guy

Originally posted by mpeake
I will say that John Stewart's 5 minute interview will be better than any other political analyst's out there.

Think They'll extend his interview to 10 min like they did Clinton?

probably

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
assure you Bush would be welcome as well.

yes i am sure, but doubt Bush wil let him ask question besides "Could you say a quick prayer for [insert state] right now?"

[edit on 8/24/2004 by s13guy]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
So did anyone watch the interview? I thought it went pretty well. I thought Jon Stewart went a little easy on him and Kerry took himself a bit too seriously. Kerry had a pretty good opportunity to cut it up a bit more, expecially on such a relaxed show like The Daily Show. It could have been a real great opportunity for Kerry to show he wasn't just some monotone fuddy duddy. But overall, I thought it was one of the better interviews I've seen him do.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If you missed the show the following article has a great breakdown of what was said, etc... Some funny moments. Loved when Jon Stewart said "I watch a lot of cable news shows and understand you were never in Vietnam" Funny stuff, Kerry was a bit stiff but lets face it, I don't need a comedian in the white house, I need a leader.

Kerry on Daily Show

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
If you missed the show the following article has a great breakdown of what was said, etc... Some funny moments. Loved when Jon Stewart said "I watch a lot of cable news shows and understand you were never in Vietnam" Funny stuff, Kerry was a bit stiff but lets face it, I don't need a comedian in the white house, I need a leader.

Kerry on Daily Show

Ha! Sad thing is, I'd rather have a comedian in there rather than Bush or Kerry.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
He's our next president & should act presidential!
Kerry goofed with Stewart, was self depreciating, and tremendously reserved about the Swift Lies Team....when he could have blasted them to hell.
Bush would never do the Dialy Show.....they wouldn't let his handlers stage manage the whole thing.
And on an earlier comment, I think more people in the 35+ bracket watch it than any other group. The young folks turn off after Dave Chappell!

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by s13guy
Why? Is he trying to do his "Yo, I can hang with the kids" thang to get votes from us, the youth?

What did Bush do in 2000 for the youth vote? What is he doing in 2004? I mean besides offering you the chance to "Accelarate your Life" like the Navy recruiting ad says?
SIDEBAR: Can they change that tag line ...PLEASE!!?! I mean JUMPIN" BEEJEEBUS Man, follow the linear logic...we're in a "war", join the military, "accelarate" your life towards what? Immortality? They got that & can give it?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Yes I agree. I give Kerry credit though for just appearing on the daily show. I was not bashing why Kerry was doing it, I was questioning to see if anyone else felt this way. I dont have a problem with his efforts to get the youth votes.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It is actually a good ploy to influence young people. Anyone remember when Clinton was playing sax on the Arsinio Hall show? Anyone even remember the Arsinio Hall show?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Saw the show last night. Though I am quite sure Kerry had a plan of what he wanted to say, the coversation was very natural. It was so refreshing to see a simple honest discusion by a candidate. Bush always sounds like he is talking to a bunch of 4 year olds in sunday school.

wraith

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wraith30
Saw the show last night. Though I am quite sure Kerry had a plan of what he wanted to say, the coversation was very natural. It was so refreshing to see a simple honest discusion by a candidate. Bush always sounds like he is talking to a bunch of 4 year olds in sunday school.

wraith

I definitely agree there!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Are you sure he talks to 4 year olds? They might use bigger words than Bush and piss him off leading him to declare war on 4 year olds.

But saw Kerry last night. He did do somethings that you would never see on say, 20/20 or something like that.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Bro, compadre....that avatar is killing me!!!!!!

Mc Hammer with Avril Lavingne's shreiking head!! To say I laughed, LOUDLY, like a dimwit fingernail-mining a good vein of nose candy while wathing Beavis & Butthead, is an understatement!!

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I was kind of disappointed, actually. Although I laughed out loud when Stewart opened with "apparently you were never in Viet Nam". That seemed natural, when Kerry laughed at that. I just thought he could have let that rod slip out of his behind for one night and loosen up. He would seem almost to do it, then would fall back on the canned, prepared "my fellow Americans" type stuff. I'd hoped he'd really show an animated sense of humor. Overall I think it was alright, though. I'd love to see Bush on there.

I thought his comments on debating Bush were very candid, saying Bush had never lost a debate and was a good debater, etc. Nice set-up in case it goes badly for him... and even better if it goes well. I don't love or hate either one of them, but I think it will be a good head-to-head when it happens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join