It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the counterpart to a truther?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just wondered, what is the counterpart to a truther? A liar? Something else?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
tptb ?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Haha, good one! The try to radicalize us by calling us "people who want the truth", at the same time, they sort of shoot themselves in the foot through reverse implication.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Simple answer..A Politician....Or as I like to call em a "Polytician" because they are mostly Plastic and Fake.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Probably something to do with Official Story.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Gullible !

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

Adult? Rational? Listner?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Haha good one
:

To me, the counterpart to a truther is someone who loves to believe whatever their majority takes as gospel, which is always a politically motivated set of "facts"

They love to believe this or pretend to so they "fit in" with the group happiness feelings, that sense of belonging they get by never questioning the official set of "facts" (because their peers are watching very closely);!! They are all a very happy family of idealist dreamers who thrive on believing all the lies they are told on a daily basis.. They do this so as not to evoke the wrath of their majority because of the manufactured fear factor and consequences of asking too many questions..

The recent news about the 9-11 anniversary where the reporters went on and on about how wicked and scummy all of those "Conspiracy theorists" are is an example of this mindset...

Just imagine what all their friends and consorts would do if they entertained any questions at all about the official story!

They would be crucified for even discussing it..
edit on 13-9-2011 by alienreality because: eta detail

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

Haha
oh wait, you actually believe that.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
A liar?

Oh, wait, that means a lawyer. Ummm, bankster?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Haha
oh wait, you actually believe that.

Actually, I KNOW that to be true.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

In calling us "truthers" while positioning yourselves in opposition to us, you are subliminally labeling yourselves "liars". Since "truther" is not a real word in the english dictionary, we must look to its root word which is "truth". The opposite of "truth" is "lie". The definition of lie is: "the deliberate misrepresentation of facts in order to deceive". A person that partakes in this sort of behavior is called a liar, and properly defined as "one who carries out or promotes a lie."

Whoever coined the word "truther" doesn't sound like an adult thinking rationally while listening to themselves, but they have may thanks! So please, by all means, continue to call us "truthers"

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Sheeple.... just believe everything that you are told; never question the almighty government. If found questioning the almighty government (ohh.. I am mean the "Federal Family") you will be re-located to the nearest re-conditioning center.
Now please pay your taxes in a timely manner so we can go about destroying this country (ohh... I mean re-distributing wealth).

Have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by deadmessiah

In calling us "truthers" while positioning yourselves in opposition to us, you are subliminally labeling yourselves "liars".

Who's in opposition? There's no "oppostition". You can't "oppose" a delusion or a fantasy. You can only "oppose" a solid proposition.

Since "truther" is not a real word in the english dictionary, we must look to its root word which is "truth".

OK, whatever.

The opposite of "truth" is "lie".

No the opposite of truth is not "lie". The opposite of truth is fiction. Truth is a noun, lie is a verb. That's like saying the opposite of tree is run.
Good lord, no wonder why explaining this simple stuff is so difficult.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by deadmessiah

Well said.

By the way, what's a Listner ??

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You mean like your explanation of the laws of motion?...

The building was at rest, it was acted upon by outside forces, therefore the building stayed in motion until it again was acted upon. The equal action and opposite action was the fracture of connected elements

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Most people will find that explanation of the laws of motion quite amusing I would imagine.

edit on 9/13/2011 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Lie can be a noun or a verb.

A lie , to lie.

Learn your English and how to spell "Listener".

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

No the opposite of truth is not "lie". The opposite of truth is fiction. Truth is a noun, lie is a verb.

The word "lie" is both a verb (to lie) and a noun (to tell a lie). If you have a dictionary "lying" around, you may want to confirm this.

I can only hope your expertise of 911 is a bit more solid than your expertise on English.

Agreed.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Lie can be a noun or a verb. A lie , to lie. Learn your English and how to spell "Listener".

Beat me to it - nice Job!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha20mega
reply to post by hooper

Lie can be a noun or a verb.

A lie , to lie.

Learn your English and how to spell "Listener".

Read the post I was responding to. The statement was the opposite of truth was lie. Not "a" lie but lie. The verb. Reading comprehension. Doesn't matter. The opposite of truth is still fiction. Lying is an issue that deals with intent. Not with factuality.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join