It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the counterpart to a truther?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Seriously?!? this is what you want to argue with people about?

So be it. Lets go ahead and say that the opposite of truth is fiction, so you are instead saying that the opposite of a truther is a "fictioner"?

Fine. Fiction - Invention or fabrication as opposed to fact. Sounds about right to describe the official story.

edit on 13-9-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The statement was the opposite of truth was lie. Not "a" lie but lie. The verb.

What exactly is the difference between "a" lie and "lie", since they both can be used as singular nouns meaning the exact same thing? Did the person you were responding to say "to lie"? Why did you assume the verb form of "lie" was being used? The next time you take a cheap shot at someone, the least you can do is cover your tracks.

Reading comprehension. Doesn't matter.

Yes, it does matter.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
reply to post by hooper

Seriously?!? this is what you want to argue with people about?

So be it. Lets go ahead and say that the opposite of truth is fiction, so you are instead saying that the opposite of a truther is a "fictioner"?

Fine. Fiction - Invention or fabrication as opposed to fact. Sounds about right to describe the official story.

edit on 13-9-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

Hey- don't look at me, its not my OP. The matter of the fact is there is no counterpart to truther. It was and is intended primarily as insult based on the simple observation that all these "skeptics" keep yammering on and on and on and on and on about their search for the truth and more often then not they are either lying or ignoring the truth at every turn.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Hooper will argue that the sky is red.

Originally posted by hooper
PSF - pounds per square foot is a measure of weight, not pressure....

Even after being proven wrong, he would still not admit he was wrong...

reply to post by ANOK

Wrong again - (mechanics). Not talking about mechanics.

reply to post by ANOK

Yep, since I said pounds per square foot, the defintion for pounds per square inch doesn't make a difference. You do realize that inches and feet are different, right? That they're not the same thing?

Please read the rest of the discussion folks, it's hilarious....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Fair enough.

I'll accept your response and leave it at that.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

What exactly is the difference between "a" lie and "lie", since they both can be used as singular nouns meaning the exact same thing? Did the person you were responding to say "to lie"? Why did you assume the verb form of "lie" was being used? The next time you take a cheap shot at someone, the least you can do is cover your tracks.

Read it all again. Real slow this time. Think about articles.

Reading comprehension. Doesn't matter.
Yes, it does matter

Not based on what I am seeing.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Uh, ever seen the sunset?

reply to post by ANOK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reply to post by ANOK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yep, since I said pounds per square foot, the defintion for pounds per square inch doesn't make a difference. You do realize that inches and feet are different, right? That they're not the same thing?

Yeah, you guys really should read it, its actually pretty funny. I was discussing dead and live loads in buildings and about how architects and engineers generally describe them in terms of pounds per square foot, you know like the drywall on a given floor averages about 3 pounds per square foot. Well "Mr. Physics" interjects and is trying to tell everyone that any time you see the term "pounds per..." it can only mean pressure. Read it all, its pretty funny.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

reply to post by deadmessiah

In calling us "truthers" while positioning yourselves in opposition to us, you are subliminally labeling yourselves "liars".

Who's in opposition? There's no "oppostition". You can't "oppose" a delusion or a fantasy. You can only "oppose" a solid proposition.

Since "truther" is not a real word in the english dictionary, we must look to its root word which is "truth".

OK, whatever.

The opposite of "truth" is "lie".

No the opposite of truth is not "lie". The opposite of truth is fiction. Truth is a noun, lie is a verb. That's like saying the opposite of tree is run.
Good lord, no wonder why explaining this simple stuff is so difficult.

I don't really know where you come off thinking you can only oppose a solid proposition. The main reasons for opposition are because each side believes the other to be delusional, wrong, false, fake, or deceptive. I oppose the OS because I think its a delusional fantasy. You are the opposition to the truthers, you oppose they're theories, beliefs, movement, etc. You consider us and our movement as being delusional and false. Likewise, we believe the same concerning you and the OS. The definition of "opposition" is "Resistance or dissent, expressed in action or argument". Resistence is defined as "a body of people united in opposing something". I'll let the definitions alone win the argument.

As previously stated, "lie" is also a noun as well as a synonym to "untruth", no need for me to go any further into that. I seriously question your intelligence, you are taught these things in middle school.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha20mega
reply to post by hooper

Lie can be a noun or a verb.

A lie , to lie.

Learn your English and how to spell "Listener".

Maybe he was referring to German Bobsledding ace Ronny Listner

Originally posted by deadmessiah

You consider us and our movement as being delusional and false. Likewise, we believe the same concerning you and the OS. The definition of "opposition" is "Resistance or dissent, expressed in action or argument". Resistence is defined as "a body of people united in opposing something". I'll let the definitions alone win the argument.

Personally I think the therm was coined from somebody in the know, who was well aware of what is truth and what is fiction and therefore knows the people who werent satisfied with the fairytale of 911 were pursuing the truth. Therefore he referred to these people as truthers, well aware that it is the truth these people are trying to pursue, over the lie that was perpetuated to win the hearts and minds of America and the world for an extended war in Afghanistan. The therm must have slipped out and stuck and is now used by people who actually do believe the fairytale of 911.

edit on 13-9-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'd like to also point out that hooper is wrong in claiming the opposite of "truth" is "fiction. The opposite of "fiction" is "fact". And when merely defining a word, one only needs to produce the word in question. Examples are given in the definition if need be due to multiple grammatical classifications.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by sageofmonticello

reply to post by ANOK

reply to post by ANOK

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Says the person who cant even get the story straight on what NIST or FEMA stated about what started the collapses.
Yeah, there is some comedy gold in that too!!

Or the whole "equal and opposite reaction", ANOK version. Hey ANOK, if that is how you see N3rdL, then how do you explain me being able to push my 2,000lb car down the street? I mean, the car weighs almost 10x me, and is far more massive, and yet, my little mass can get the bigger mass to move and then move without much problems once it rolling. I guess I must be breaking your precious N3rdL!
I mean, the car should stop me from getting it to roll, because it is equally pushing on me, as I am on it, thereby our forces are the same, but it is far more massive than I. So according to you, I'm breaking the law.

By the way ANOK, "equal and opposite reactions" just refer to the forces of two bodies. I push on a wall, the wall pushes back at me with the same force. And yet, I can take a sledge hammer, and bash a hole through the wall. Sure there was an equal and opposite reaction at the moment of impact, but it sure as hell didnt stop my hammer from going through. You really should study more on the laws of physics, so you dont look so foolish when trying to berate or bludgeon others with something you dont fully grasp. Also, reading comprehension is a must. That way you quote and correctly comprehend what NIST states and FEMA regarding the two collapse initiators. Baby steps ANOK.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek

Says the person who cant even get the story straight on what NIST or FEMA stated about what started the collapses.
Yeah, there is some comedy gold in that too!!

So NIST and FEMA cant agree with each other either? Who is the truther and who is "the other"?

Personally I think the therm was coined from somebody in the know, who was well aware of what is truth and what is fiction and therefore knows the people who werent satisfied with the fairytale of 911 were pursuing the truth. Therefore he referred to these people as truthers, well aware that it is the truth these people are trying to pursue, over the lie that was perpetuated to win the hearts and minds of America and the world for an extended war in Afghanistan. The therm must have slipped out and stuck and is now used by people who actually do believe the fairytale of 911.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Fema was the initial investigator into the WTC collapse. Their original theory as to what caused the collapse was the trusses were sagging due to damage and fires. Eventually, the sagging trusses' ends failed and detached from the exterior columns and interior columns. As more and more ends failed, eventually the entire floor segment collapsed, and "pancaked" onto the floor below, which in turn caused that floor's trusses to fail, and the collapse, and so on and so on. This was then called the "pancake collapse" by I believe PBS's Nova show. FEMA did NOT call it that. So this was the working theory.

NIST is involved in a far more in depth investigation into the WTCs, and discovered that the exterior columns bent in prior to collapse. This was a sign that the floor trusses were still connected and stayed connect as they sagged. This caused the exterior to get pulled in, causing the top section to behave as one unit block, and tilt over and down. The initiator according to NIST is: sagging trusses pulling in the exterior columns, until they failed, causing collapse.

So no, no one is the liar here. This is how the scientific method is done. One theory is proposed, and maybe true for a short time, until later proven false, or incorrect. NIST found that FEMA's initial theory was incorrect.

ANOK cannot for the life of him figure out what they mean by "pancake collapse", and keeps saying it didnt happen, but it did, because workers found the floors all neatly stacked up inside the footprint.. The floors during the collapse, pancaked onto each other all the way down. A progressive collapse, aided by the top section collapsing through it. The only resistance of the floors was located at the floor truss ends and the seats they were in.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The opposite of truther is thug.
The opposite of a smart truther is a thug that works for the government.
The opposite of a truther on the scene is an armed government thug on the scene.
The opposite of a dead truther is an armed government thug with an empty magazine facing a promotion.

edit on 13-9-2011 by SirClem because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
A 'truther' builds their own reality from the facts.... by distortions or possibilities they conjure or build up as subjective points...

on the other hand,,, the official story is also bankrupt... because they allow a lot of fictions and subjective conclusions to fill in the spaces between facts

go to the Akashic Records--- the universal consciousness---the noosphere to get closer to reality..
the only drawback with that route is to cull all the charlatans from having an authorative voice in the outcome

imho--- the official story is more correct than the demolitions story for WTC 1 & 2
but WTC 7 is definitely a controlled demolition as a cover up for the 1st two collapses

also - (default against the Federal Reserve here and default against the ECB & all central banks
would be the proper thing to do.... and do not allow the blood bankers to take over the nations resources as payment--- the blood sucking squid have nade Trillions over the centuries--- it would have behooved the elites to have saved instead of trying to suck the last drop of energy out of the finabcial system... gth banker elites)

thanks for bearing with me ---

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

ST Udio,
I like you. You have always been reasonable.
But, frankly, there is no way that a plane with a tank of kerosene could bring down a steel structure like the towers.
NO WAY.
Period. End of story.
But, like I said, I like you, and I will leave it at that. We CAN disagree you know.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Realist would be a good term.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah

In calling us "truthers" while positioning yourselves in opposition to us, you are subliminally labeling yourselves "liars".

Who's in opposition? There's no "oppostition". You can't "oppose" a delusion or a fantasy. You can only "oppose" a solid proposition.

Since "truther" is not a real word in the english dictionary, we must look to its root word which is "truth".

OK, whatever.

The opposite of "truth" is "lie".

No the opposite of truth is not "lie". The opposite of truth is fiction. Truth is a noun, lie is a verb. That's like saying the opposite of tree is run.
Good lord, no wonder why explaining this simple stuff is so difficult.

I don't really know where you come off thinking you can only oppose a solid proposition. The main reasons for opposition are because each side believes the other to be delusional, wrong, false, fake, or deceptive. I oppose the OS because I think its a delusional fantasy. You are the opposition to the truthers, you oppose they're theories, beliefs, movement, etc. You consider us and our movement as being delusional and false. Likewise, we believe the same concerning you and the OS. The definition of "opposition" is "Resistance or dissent, expressed in action or argument". Resistence is defined as "a body of people united in opposing something". I'll let the definitions alone win the argument.

As previously stated, "lie" is also a noun as well as a synonym to "untruth", no need for me to go any further into that. I seriously question your intelligence, you are taught these things in middle school.

That sounds close enough.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Sane

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Intelligent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>