It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul On The Alex Jones Show 8/31

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

On the "War" issue...Ron Paul's solution (in his rhetoric)...immediately stop all wars. In reality, that can't happen...it would leave a void that would create a very unstable world. It can't be done...Ron Paul knows it...he just won't publicly say it.

On the "Drug" issue...Ron Paul's solution...legalize all drugs. Again...unrealistic and creates an unstable situation.

On the "Bank" issue...Ron Paul is about "free market"...but then contradicts himself by wanting to control banks

Specific enough for you?

Crazy ideas, indeed! Yet he's the only candidate, including the sitting president, willing to do any and all of those things. He's the only one even talking about them. Obama is busy buying oil from Brazil, Perry is pretending to be a Christian, Bachmann is hearing voices, Santorum is trying to be pertinent, Cain is pushing his Fair Tax when it occurs to him to do so, but ONLY Ron Paul is talking about these issues.

"Immediately stop all wars" does not mean "pack up today and leave tomorrow", and you know he knows that. But even two years is comparatively immediate in the case of our 10 year war in Afghanistan.

On drugs yes, his stance is to legalize all of them. So what? While I agree with that policy, nobody really expects that he'll be able to pass this completely. But I bet you dollars to donuts he can get cannabis legalized. That would be one of those "compromises" you want him to perform.

Why allow free trade and control banks? Banks destroy the market and economic prosperity for businesses and individuals alike, especially the Federal Reserve Bank. Allowing a bank to manipulate interest rates is like allowing a pedophile run a day care.

You seem to have a problem not with his platform per se, but with the way he wants to implement policies. Nobody expects him to be able to put into place every plank on his platform, not even he expects that. But nobody...NOBODY...can do that. Every potential president comes the table with a platform, and hopes to put into place 10% of it. But you and the other RP haters call him crazy, or too old, or an extremist, and not at all viable because his platform includes the ending of wars? The ending of the intrusion of the government on our personal liberties? The ending of the ridiculous war on drugs?

We can only HOPE that he gets at least one of those past Congress, if we're lucky. And it boggles the mind that anyone could be against those changes from the status quo. It truly makes no sense that any sane person can argue against the policies he would like to implement.

There are some of his issues that even I, an unabashed supporter of his, wouldn't support, such as his stance on Civil Rights (not that I disagree with him, but it's too much a part of our world now to do away with), but the good things he wants to do far outweigh the crazy talk. Far, far outweigh.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

Dr Paul is a member of the GOP, Grand Ol' Party, Republicans. He is an elected Republican. He is campaigning now for the Republican primary election which will decide the candidate for the general election.

This deserves repeating.

I love how Ron Paul supporters act as if he is not a Republican. Ron Paul is as republican as you can get.

But I'm sure they will continue to talk about how they aren't part of the "two party" system.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Well done Pac! I'd star that post 10 more times if I could.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

You are right that I don't disagree with him on some of the issues...but do disagree on his solutions.

But, on other issues...he is just way to out there for me to ever ever support him.

Take for example his view on the Civil Rights bill and his opinon on property rights. Anyone who wants to allow open discrimination in this country will never have my support.

I have always said that he is too extreme...and any decent ideas he has gets destroyed by his other radical ideas.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I am all for restoring personal liberties but to think that we can....the U.S....stop being a Military Superpower....although Defense Spending reform...should be high on the list....and just become an ISOLATIONIST STATE....well....that ain't NEVER GONNA HAPPEN! Nor should it.
I disagree, I think it should happen. Will it happen? That depends if Ron Paul gets elected. If not, it's just going to be four more years of war.

A person can say what they want about the evils of war but a person also has to look BIG PICTURE and remember the past. The countries of the world in general....are a buch of self serving....quick to bitch about the actions of the U.S....also slow to do anything about anything....tribal...ancient fueding....devious buch.
Speaking about remembering the past, here's a timeline of the United States military operations. 100 years of almost non-stop war and counting. But I do agree that goverments vary rarely look out for the people 100% of the time.

We had to go through two world wars to figuere this out and although we have made mistakes....the alternatives could have been much worse. Fact is...without the strength....and overwealming it is....of U.S. Military Forces....the world would quickly spin into chaos...and for those of you who think not....try making a paper mache statue of the Statue of Liberty....in any square in China. I'll be by to pick up your body and send it home. Split Infinity
Yes but the thing about that is that we don't live in China. Americans live in America, hence the term American, and not Chinese. That's how things may work over there, in that sovereign nation, but see, we have no say in how their government runs their country despite how we feel about it.

We should be concerned about fixing problems in our country before we fix how China works. America's military is not the World Police Department despite the fact that many think that.
edit on 31-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Paul may have his moments of looking crazy but....he does have a few good points now and then. He will never appeal to mainstream America as people have become far too ingrained in either the GOP or the DEMOCRATIC parties. Too bad....it would be nice to have someone CRAZY in office for awhile.

All the other alternatives are stark raving lunatics! Split Infinity

Dr Paul is a member of the GOP, Grand Ol' Party, Republicans. He is an elected Republican. He is campaigning now for the Republican primary election which will decide the candidate for the general election.

Instead of crazy, I think he has moments of being overly honest. He replies to all questions truthfully whereas another candidate would talk around the question or just blatantly lie. That is how he got the stigma of wanting to promote or legalize drugs, or that he thinks Iran should have nuclear weapons. What he said and what I heard was that the FEDERAL government should stay out of the personal business or US citizens, and also keep their noses out of the business of other sovereign nations.

His ideal of "you can't spread democracy with a bullet" is about the sanest thing I've ever heard anyone say.

Here is where he is making a mistake. You say he is too honest....maybe so. I think that most moderate voters...and they ARE THE MAJORITY...would like some of the things he says....just not things like Iran should have Nukes....or that the U.S. should keep our noses out of the affairs of other nations.

The Nukes statement is a political killer as this is one of the stupidest things I have heard ANYONE SAY. As far as the keep our noses out....thing is....although younger voters may agree with this....to do so would be a disaster and older voters still remember their Fathers or themselves....being in WWII. Their sacrifice....was a TESTAMENT...to the dangers of being too disconected with the rest of the world.

The truth of the matter is...no matter how many good and sensible things he says....these types of statements will not allow him to be ellected. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Here is where he is making a mistake. You say he is too honest....maybe so. I think that most moderate voters...and they ARE THE MAJORITY...would like some of the things he says....just not things like Iran should have Nukes....or that the U.S. should keep our noses out of the affairs of other nations.

The Nukes statement is a political killer as this is one of the stupidest things I have heard ANYONE SAY. As far as the keep our noses out....thing is....although younger voters may agree with this....to do so would be a disaster and older voters still remember their Fathers or themselves....being in WWII. Their sacrifice....was a TESTAMENT...to the dangers of being too disconected with the rest of the world.

The truth of the matter is...no matter how many good and sensible things he says....these types of statements will not allow him to be ellected. Split Infinity
We have thousands of nukes. China, India, and Pakistan have nukes. Why can Iran not have nukes? Does the Mommy and Daddy of the world have to tell Iran that they can't develop nukes? Are they going to nuke Israel? Then what happens, the world just sits back and says "dang nabbit!"? How about Iran gets wiped off the map faster than you can say "War mongering propaganda".

We may have been fooled when we were told Iraq had nuclear weapons, but if the American people fall for that trash again and we find another excuse to keep fighting wars in the Middle East, I will facepalm so hard that I'll need facial reconstructive surgery.

It's their country, we aren't the police of the world! Get your ego in check America!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

We have thousands of nukes. China, India, and Pakistan have nukes. Why can Iran not have nukes? Does the Mommy and Daddy of the world have to tell Iran that they can't develop nukes? Are they going to nuke Israel? Then what happens, the world just sits back and says "dang nabbit!"? How about Iran gets wiped off the map faster than you can say "War mongering propaganda".

We may have been fooled when we were told Iraq had nuclear weapons, but if the American people fall for that trash again and we find another excuse to keep fighting wars in the Middle East, I will facepalm so hard that I'll need facial reconstructive surgery.

It's their country, we aren't the police of the world! Get your ego in check America!

Putting our EGO IN CHECK is exactly the kind of thing that gets us....and by proxy...the rest of the world in trouble. Every time we are not clear on an issue or fail to state what the repercussions will be for another countries actions....something bad happens or a War starts...as was the case when our Embassador to Iraq....when asked by Sadam Hussien....what our position was on a conflict between Iraq and Kuwait....and we replied...WE HAVE NO POSITION....is when Iraq decieded to invade Kuwait.

Had we stated our objection...forcefully...they would not have invaded. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

reply to post by The Old American

You are right that I don't disagree with him on some of the issues...but do disagree on his solutions.

But, on other issues...he is just way to out there for me to ever ever support him.

Take for example his view on the Civil Rights bill and his opinon on property rights. Anyone who wants to allow open discrimination in this country will never have my support.

I have always said that he is too extreme...and any decent ideas he has gets destroyed by his other radical ideas.

Fair enough. His stance on the Civil Rights issue is your sticking point. Everyone has one. Mine happens to be that nobody else wants to put forth a solution to do whatever it takes to stop the murders of the citizens of sovereign countries. We all have our priorities, and that is mine. If he were able to repeal the Civil Rights Act, I'd gladly take that if he could also stop America's murder machine. Convenience is a small thing compared to human life. For me, at least.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Putting our EGO IN CHECK is exactly the kind of thing that gets us....and by proxy...the rest of the world in trouble. Every time we are not clear on an issue or fail to state what the repercussions will be for another countries actions....something bad happens or a War starts...as was the case when our Embassador to Iraq....when asked by Sadam Hussien....what our position was on a conflict between Iraq and Kuwait....and we replied...WE HAVE NO POSITION....is when Iraq decieded to invade Kuwait.

Had we stated our objection...forcefully...they would not have invaded. Split Infinity
I see what you're saying, there are situations where military intervention is necessary and I agree with you there. But if you look at this countries history, we have been involved in some sort of military operation for the past 100 years. That makes it pretty clear that we don't enter wars each time to save the world from trouble in a last case scenario, it seems more like we jump into a war every chance we get for whatever reason.

And don't forget we're not the only country in the world with a military, we don't need to be the kid in class who raises their hand every chance they get if you know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Again, he didn't say "Iran should have nukes". He said it's none of our business if they have nukes or want to have nukes.

Just like he didn't say "I want the neighbor and his wife to smoke pot and shoot smack". He said it's none of our business what they do in their private lives, and drugs shouldn't have been made illegal in the first place.

I bet people will still argue back "but he shouldn't want Iran to have nukes".

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

I see what you're saying, there are situations where military intervention is necessary and I agree with you there. But if you look at this countries history, we have been involved in some sort of military operation for the past 100 years. That makes it pretty clear that we don't enter wars each time to save the world from trouble in a last case scenario, it seems more like we jump into a war every chance we get for whatever reason.

And don't forget we're not the only country in the world with a military, we don't need to be the kid in class who raises their hand every chance they get if you know what I mean.

People are given a speech on TV about why we are going to do something or go to war and for the most part....the reality of the situation or the REAL reasons we are doing it...are not talked about....until later....and even then....only to an extent.

We went to War in the Iraq and Afghanistan for three reasons...none of which was about WMD's. 1. Was to provide a made for TV widescoping demonstration of U.S. Military Power....as a warning to any future actions against the U.S. It was decieded that the response in Afghanistan was too small in scope given the circumstances.

2. A chance to secure a large supply of oil.

3. A chance to install a democratic Goverment in the Middle East and possible Domino Effect change in the long run for other Middle Eastern Countries. This part can be argued to say it worked.

Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of Alex Jones.
but he has an audience, and he lets Paul talk.
Good enough for me.

How many people have been on the Geraldo show? He's the PT Barnum of News.

Face it. All media is alarmist. There are just varying degrees of it.
One example the BINGBONG FOX NEWS ALERT sound that is so Pavlovian it's ridiculous.
Couple that with their waving flag animation, and red white and blue Crawler at the bottom, it's literally hypnotic.
Just ask my mother in law...If you can get her attention.

Same for the other 24/7 news channels...I only picked on Fox, because they had ME hypnotized for a while.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
ron paul will create a power vacuum in the world if he is elected and does what he says he wants to do with foreign policy.

imagine! think of the money we spend in friendly countries from our service people. the local economy and don't forget it will take a crapload of money to destroy the bases coz we just can't let others take over.

i doubt that will go over well, if at all, with the rest of the world and military, NSA, CIA, etc.

domestic policy by giving states more control is a slippery slope, look at AL with the illegal questions.

this is the worst part of his ideas. letting states have no oversight.

FEMA should be reformed, duh!

the FED? meh, just try it and see what happens.

term limits, he gots 30yrs, ya right.

just give our nukes away like in a lotto. offer everyone/country 1 nuke.

skypie paul.

anyone see season 5 #7 of 30 rock? pretty cool ron paul thing they had going, lol.

ya, just like sarah palin only longer!

AJ, i don't listen to him. never had a desire and to me it doesn't matter.

paul should go on al jezzera or RT, they would love him.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I can't take anyone seriously if they go on the Alex Jones show.

Especially politicians...but I guess crazy people are attracted to each other.
LOL ill admit some things are iffy. but the facts of quit a few are true.. ppl need to wake up instead of believing what you hear

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Okay I can deal with the bashing of jones although still ridiculous...even if he does make money he has also tried very hard harder than most so called truth seekers to get info out there but to call Paul crazy the one politician who is actually trying to do something to make a real change is just spoken with no bearing....haha I bet u want Bachman or palin for prez...and their actually the freakin crazy oes

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by theskipper00

i'll take palin over paul anyday.

coomon guys give the gal a chance! lol!!

you dummies really want a, what? for potus?

a whimp? you think they hate/disrespect us now? wait till st. paul gets in power.

he is probably getting big bucks from some back door groups. like european islamic stuff. like clinton.

they want him as the POTUS!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This thread was derailed from the start.

Thanks there, that silver-level contributor badge is a shining example of your forum decorum.

Anywho, good to see Dr.Paul making the media rounds.
Jones has had him on a few times, which puts him way ahead of everyone else in terms of accurate coverage.

All the major companies seem to be doing a little CYA in light of the public getting angry at their lack of coverage on him.

"Oh, it wasn't us that ignored Ron Paul, you must be thinking of some other Mainstream News company."

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BadMagician

This thread was derailed from the start.

Thanks there, that silver-level contributor badge is a shining example of your forum decorum.
Get used to it, I see crap like that in practically every Ron Paul.

Anywho, good to see Dr.Paul making the media rounds.
Jones has had him on a few times, which puts him way ahead of everyone else in terms of accurate coverage.

All the major companies seem to be doing a little CYA in light of the public getting angry at their lack of coverage on him.

"Oh, it wasn't us that ignored Ron Paul, you must be thinking of some other Mainstream News company."
I don't think media coverage will be the factor that determines whether or not he gets elected, because the MSM networks started out ignoring him and now they just try to make his policies look crazy during interviews.

There are 20+ Republican debates, and I think how he performs in those will be the important thing.

But that might not be true, because Perry hasn't even been in a debate yet and he's leading the polls. I'm not sure how that's possible, how can the majority of Americans support a candidate that they know very little about?

Maybe the MSMs influence is stronger than I think, because from what I've heard they love Rick Perry and air stories about him left and right. Hopefully when he enters the debate on September 7th, Americans will see just how much of a puppet he is and change their minds.
edit on 1-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I think it has an effect, but I don't think it will prevent his being elected.

I have talked to many people about Ron Paul, friends and family.
I get the same programmed, parrot like responses...
"He will never win."

Then I ask them what they watch for news, and if they have actually looked at his debates and positions...

Wouldn't you know it, their source of information is one of the big 3. (MSNBC, CNN, FOX)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join