It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow... England Needs A Revolution...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by trilogy111
Yeah fuel costs are a joke and funny the increases are set just in time for winter. The banks are still coining it in with interest rates at an all time low and some ppl still paying 6- 8% mortgages. Boom/bust either way they win. The property business, surveyors, estate agents, banks etc are all in to make either way. Artificial boom to hike the prices then bust to clean up after.

Its dumbed down devolution all the way. We are a third world country already. Its a nation of scammers,dog eat dog. Our infrastructure is so old and overcrowded we can't cope with the load. Its a dead end downgraded dump of a country...... and the weathers crap !!!

Yeah but at least we're not the French.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nake13
reply to post by EvanB

Good luck in Dubai,you're well out of it mate,it annoys me no end that in order to make a decent life for ourselves we must seek work overseas,I've been working in Germany for the past year making twice what I could in the UK,believe me I'd much rather be at "home" but salary wise it's a no brainer.Still makes more room for an eastern european I suppose!

Cheers mate

Fly out in a week and a bit. Cant bloody wait.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Not wanting to burst your bubble as I commend you for making the effort to get work where you can , but it wasn't so long ago that Dubai was on the brink of a financial crisis and when there is a global down turn it will also suffer just like every other nation. The difference is you will be in a Muslim country living under Sharia Law. A country that still uses slaves to build it's infrastructure. Are you sure that's going to be better than the UK? Your Air condition costs aint gonna be cheap either.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
In a system that rewards greed, I suppose we're watching the logical conclusion. A company's success is defined - for the most part - by its profit margin, so the most ruthless and greedy people will be the most sought after and will end up running everything.

Profiteering out of food, fuel and shelter was only ever going to end up with revolution.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I pay £30 a month on gas and electric too, no tumble dryer, no dishwasher, turn lights off and have the temperature on the centeral heating set to 17 degrees.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by EvanB

Not wanting to burst your bubble as I commend you for making the effort to get work where you can , but it wasn't so long ago that Dubai was on the brink of a financial crisis and when there is a global down turn it will also suffer just like every other nation. The difference is you will be in a Muslim country living under Sharia Law. A country that still uses slaves to build it's infrastructure. Are you sure that's going to be better than the UK? Your Air condition costs aint gonna be cheap either.

Yes mate, the company is taking care of everything. I dont even have to buy food! Though I will be based in Dubai I will be switching between there Qatar and Bahrain. Its a huge opportunity particulary with inward investment for the Qatar world cup, which even though years away, the investment framework is being laid down now and there are plenty of takers.
They do use a lot of imported cheap labour and they are notorious for misstreating them but there is nothing I can do about that.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
£50 Gas, £50 Electric per month - we turn off unnecessary lights, we have a dish washer and two large(ish) TV and two PC's on most days.

£30 water; fit a water saver to you shower (if you can) and dont' run the tap when you are brushing your teeth

edit on 30-8-2011 by 42dragonfly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

And by the way, the current state of the UK is the legacy of Tony Blair and New Labour, not the current government.

Whilst he and his administation certainly contributed to the current state of affairs I would say that every single government since at least Heath has been guilty of self-advancement and personal gain, the erosion of British sovereignty and the wilful deconstruction of anything that was good with British society and replacing it with mediocrity.

Every government since (and before) Heath has been hell bent on serving and advancing the banksters agenda. the working man has seen the mat ripped from under him to get to where we are today. Shipping, Coal mining, Ship building, steel making, automabile manufacture have all been driven into the ground under the Governments privatisation system which benefitted private shareholders and swelled the government coffers alike.

It was the easy cop out to relinquish responsibility and make quick cash to keep their bungling policies going Instead of restructuring management programs in failing and unproffitable industries. Dont ever forget "its all about the money" and we the people matter not to these parasites.

We are now in a position where our national identity is lost due to the influx of other cultures over the past 60 years or so, we are squabbling amongst ourselves and our eye is off the ball, we now find ourselves in exactly the position that the Rothschild funded Rockefellers want us.

We blame the recent riots on scumbags and criminals but forget that the underlying social problems of homelessness, lack of jobs, inner city degradation, Police abuse of power and the bleakest future our youngsters have ever faced is a direct result of our elected governments "successful" policies.

They are the true criminals in all of this yet we are so dumbed down we cannot or dont want to see it. I left England 10 years ago as I saw the writing on the wall then, I was lucky, I was single and had money enough to make the move, the majority of my countrymen are tied to a country which they see cracking and crumbling around them and my heart has much sorrow for them.

These Cambridge misfits need to be taught the errors of their ways. Have things changed so much in hundreds of years? Every November the 5th the British public are conned into celebrating the capture of Guy Fawkes and his foiled gunpowder plot when perhaps we should be celebrating the fact that one man tried to stand up to the same bastards that we have today and burn Parlaiment to the ground?

RK

edit on 30-8-2011 by Rigel Kent because: ETA: S & F

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

You have expressed my feelings so clearly and far better than I ever could, I thank you sincerely.

If I could applaud you I would Sir.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluenose76

Ooooh! A freedom Revolution in the UK?! Heck yeah! The Americans would be on your side although i think the corporate US Government would try to reinforce British Troops which would cause another revolution here on American soil. Go for it! We can revolt together! Two Continents full of pissed off taxpayers!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

They priced our kids out of further education.

They watched the country become bursting at the seams with every waif and stray on the planet, creating huge unemployment, stress on the NHS, housing and public services.

They stoodbye as people up to the age of 37 are now outpriced of gaining a home.

Fuel at £1.37 a litre, food is double it was last year, public transport especially trains are for wealthy elite, 20% VAT, council tax, road tax, income tax, stamp duties, inheritance tax, corperation tax.. Price of heating our homes is going up a staggering 32%!!!

Winter is coming

The government just laugh and watch and preside over the death of this country, the suffering of its citizens, and send our money abroad on wars, and ego driven charitable donations to "poor" countries that have space and nuclear programs!

I could go on and on, but I see no way out it.

Whilst i understand where you are coming from (i'm feeling the pinch myself) we have to consider this...

We feel it is our right to get to university
Our right to have cheap energy and fuel
We get angry when they raise our taxes
We get angry when they reduce our bin collections to once every two weeks and make us recycle
Grrr... Damn them politicians making our lives so difficult

All this while 80% of the world is in poverty. And I am talking REAL poverty. Not the poverty that means you have to cancel your satellite TV or can’t afford cigarettes this week. I'm talking the type of poverty that means you your toilet is the stream that runs past your corrugated iron shack. The type of poverty that means if you can’t sell any of the metal you salvaged from the local dump then you can’t afford to buy food for your children.
We are the rich minority of this planet. We only think we are hard done by because we watch too much TV and think that we should all be driving flash cars and eating caviar by our pools.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand that it’s frustrating when we know that the politicians are creaming money off of us and wasting our tax on BS. But we really need to get some perspective on where we stand in the world.

We can only live in luxury because others are suffering.

Peace

edit on 30-8-2011 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I know that British are poor, but you have a mighty army that conducts revolutions all around the world

Never in Britain, though...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Swanfilters

maybe is is comunisam that your country needs... to take off royals as they did in russia... because surely u dont need them because they are the once who get all for free,and u people get to pay to them for their parades,marriages,travels and so on...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by John0Doe

Appears it took a foreign perspective to help understand.

Not only our people but our Government has always been divided, by design. No party can ever feel truly at home at No.10, although they are sure to return, just as long as mistakes are continued to be made. This design prohibits any PM or MP from truly feeling any real sense of responsibility, yet forgiveable and rewarded power.

What has always been in this Kingdom is the British Monarchy.

The Royals can oust any elected leader they please (as seen in Oz) and let's not forget the Queen is the commander-in-chief of the Royal armed forces.

For it is and always been the Royal bloodline that have made the all the major decisions and for whom the corrupted MPs are happy to take and share the blame, in return for greedy rewards.

We can't fight against them until we understand who we are fighting.

Stay calm, and don't fight against ourselves, as Brits, as humans, as family.

Ta

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters
it's time we pulled out and watched the Scottish and Welsh big talk come crashing down to the reality of the situation - they are NOTHING without England.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Swanfilters because: (no reason given)

You are right there,it is time that you and the rest of the parasites who have benefited from Scotland's oil revenue"pulled out",we would be a far better country without you.

yeah i mean i dont want this to end up an off tracked flame war.. but you (swanfilters) are an arrogant biggot..
you are the kind of person which is wrong with the UK and causes the issues within,

clearly not educated enough on various matters, lets look at north Sea oil which no matter how you look at it would be scottish territory, or all the service industries supplying maintenece to the Nuclear Sub bases (i am very close to this specific matter and will happily argue this particular fact allll day) or the manufacture of the repair services for the subs? or possibly the many airforce bases we keep running for the british military??

See i think you'll find it is a symbiotic relationship, both countries need each other, the sooner the narrow minded morons in my country (scotland) and the clearly simplistic uneducated morons spouting pro-english crap realise this the better...

England does not need a revolution... the UK needs a revolution, the sooner people see the UK as one country the better... its self importance that is destroying this world..

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Fighting is in our DNA

If someone spilt your pint a headbutt would fly the perpetrators way..

We fight if our football team is screwed.

But political correctness stops us from making things right in England.

It has for a only a time.

No more!

Being branded racist is like water off a ducks back..

They bought this on themselves.

This being a good spanking x
edit on 30-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

Originally posted by Swanfilters
it's time we pulled out and watched the Scottish and Welsh big talk come crashing down to the reality of the situation - they are NOTHING without England.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Swanfilters because: (no reason given)

You are right there,it is time that you and the rest of the parasites who have benefited from Scotland's oil revenue"pulled out",we would be a far better country without you.

yeah i mean i dont want this to end up an off tracked flame war.. but you (swanfilters) are an arrogant biggot..
you are the kind of person which is wrong with the UK and causes the issues within,

clearly not educated enough on various matters, lets look at north Sea oil which no matter how you look at it would be scottish territory, or all the service industries supplying maintenece to the Nuclear Sub bases (i am very close to this specific matter and will happily argue this particular fact allll day) or the manufacture of the repair services for the subs? or possibly the many airforce bases we keep running for the british military??

See i think you'll find it is a symbiotic relationship, both countries need each other, the sooner the narrow minded morons in my country (scotland) and the clearly simplistic uneducated morons spouting pro-english crap realise this the better...

England does not need a revolution... the UK needs a revolution, the sooner people see the UK as one country the better... its self importance that is destroying this world..

Best quote on this thread

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I thought the clue would have been the appearance of CCTVs?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Thank you

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I fail to see why high fuel prices equals the decline of civilisation.

Britain is overpopulated and discouraging the low income 'sub-iq level' section of society to stay off the roads with high petrol prices seems like a good idea if it's deliberate.

As for higher education. Not to generailse too much, but sometimes the folk who cant afford it are invariably as dumb as a sack of hammers anyway. Why should the rest of us subsidise a bunch of numptys with dilusions of competence?

The UK does not need a revolution. It needs a mass exodus of stupid people and freeloading foreigners.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join