It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow... England Needs A Revolution...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters
Yeah but at least we're not the French.

Considering that the English are generally the ugliest people in the white world, I'd rather be French.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
we all need a rivolution, but i still want social security whatever happens and access lol i didnt even spell it right

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

who are you kidding, conservative, labour, lib dems, they are all the same. same # different suit. if people relly want change they need to put someone in charge that knows what a hard days work is and not a career politition,

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

This is already in the Netherlands for a long time petrol 1.695 a litre

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DBCooper71
Whats the point of a revolution, history has shown us the working man very rarely benefits from revolting.
Only the middle classes seem to benefit from such acts, as they will become the new elite.
All that will happen is that we will be changing one master for another, and maybe we'll get one that won't even pretend we are free.

That's because in practical terms, whenever you have a standing army, they hold the balance of power. This is because it's ultimately up to the army, whether it's the civilians or the government who get shot.

The only way democracy really works, is via the Athenian model, in the sense that you do not have a permanent standing army; but individual citizens engage in defense if it is considered necessary. Because of that, they get a lot more say.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

They will tax you back to slavery. One day you'll wake up and notice that over half of your income is forcefully taken by the government, watch and see. Every time the rich muck up, their taxes drop, the normal average hard working citizen's tax spike.

Same old imperialistic policies. But don't worry, they are invading countries in order to help, but that isn't going very well.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
yeah i mean i dont want this to end up an off tracked flame war.. but you (swanfilters) are an arrogant biggot..
you are the kind of person which is wrong with the UK and causes the issues within,

Really? 'Cos last time I checked it was two jock PM's who caused this mess.

clearly not educated enough on various matters, lets look at north Sea oil which no matter how you look at it would be scottish territory, or all the service industries supplying maintenece to the Nuclear Sub bases (i am very close to this specific matter and will happily argue this particular fact allll day) or the manufacture of the repair services for the subs? or possibly the many airforce bases we keep running for the british military??

All those service industries could be packed up and moved down south. As could the subs themselves, but I find it hard to take someone who can't spell "maintenance" seriously, especially when they say they work in that industry. But then you can be anything you want on the internet.

So what? You got a few Air Force bases, congratulations.

See i think you'll find it is a symbiotic relationship, both countries need each other, the sooner the narrow minded morons in my country (scotland) and the clearly simplistic uneducated morons spouting pro-english crap realise this the better...

That's true. You need the English tax payer to give you your benefits every week, to pay for your prescriptions, to pay for your education. I'll get back to you when I think of a reason why we need you.

England does not need a revolution... the UK needs a revolution, the sooner people see the UK as one country the better... its self importance that is destroying this world..

But we're not one country Gonzo, we are 4 who don't need to be in a stupid union any more. Just think, once you are dropped off, you can go back to the French and restart the Auld Alliance again.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Originally posted by Swanfilters
Yeah but at least we're not the French.

Considering that the English are generally the ugliest people in the white world, I'd rather be French.

Said by the murdering Jew? Surely you need to be getting ready for the richly deserves ass kicking the middle east is gonna be handing to you soon, instead of meddling in UK affairs that have nothing to do with you.
2nd.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Swanfilters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Swanfilters

Yeah i'd be ok with that,

I love France, i'd be happy to ally up with Germany too, i mean either of them are doign financially better than the uk.

See this is exactly my point... Blame Scotland..Blame Wales....Blame Ireland... i mean it has nothing to do with the Lazy Lazy attitude of many members of society across the board... i presume it was the Celtic Nations Fault you had lots and lots of police money and money put out in repairs because you cant keep you're hooligans off the streets (note where it didnt occur even though as you pointed out loadz of folk up here on benefits)

This is a national thing which has to be Dealt with as a national issue, i see myself a British and European.. if you see yourself as English and not British then i feel for you... Blame the Celtic Nations if you want... blame totalyy helps things get fixed

You wouldnt be moving the North sea oil, and yeah we going to move all the military stuff back down south to employ some folk in england to do that work?? and where pray tell you getting the money for that? tax!! good thinking...

i think you'll find the rise in taxes the fact you pay for and education system the fact that investment in big industry and the fact you pay for your prescriptions is toooo many people in England voted in Torries! mainly because you's didnt learn the last time, and couldnt see by a bumbling idiot that wasnt voted in but gained power due to circumstance.

i hav no symapthy for Students that have to pay for there fee's when they voted Lib dems... who turned out to be turn coats and little torries... this is a slef caused issue that you cannot blame on scotland or wales or ireland anymore than you can blame england,

Count the tory seats from scotland then england.. notice how this was an english choise not scottish, then they allowed budgets to be cut for investment in metal works in sheffield amongst other things such as the re-introduction of student fee's...

its one of those made your bed and sleep in it... sadly though this is a bed that is made about every 15 years as people are too stupid to realise the torries are certainley the worse of two evils!!

but its cute.. blame scotland and wales for your problems.. at least you'll get a sleep at night if its not your fault

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Yeah i'd be ok with that,

I love France, i'd be happy to ally up with Germany too, i mean either of them are doign financially better than the uk.

See this is exactly my point... Blame Scotland..Blame Wales....Blame Ireland... i mean it has nothing to do with the Lazy Lazy attitude of many members of society across the board... i presume it was the Celtic Nations Fault you had lots and lots of police money and money put out in repairs because you cant keep you're hooligans off the streets (note where it didnt occur even though as you pointed out loadz of folk up here on benefits)

This is a national thing which has to be Dealt with as a national issue, i see myself a British and European.. if you see yourself as English and not British then i feel for you... Blame the Celtic Nations if you want... blame totalyy helps things get fixed

You wouldnt be moving the North sea oil, and yeah we going to move all the military stuff back down south to employ some folk in england to do that work?? and where pray tell you getting the money for that? tax!! good thinking...

i think you'll find the rise in taxes the fact you pay for and education system the fact that investment in big industry and the fact you pay for your prescriptions is toooo many people in England voted in Torries! mainly because you's didnt learn the last time, and couldnt see by a bumbling idiot that wasnt voted in but gained power due to circumstance.

i hav no symapthy for Students that have to pay for there fee's when they voted Lib dems... who turned out to be turn coats and little torries... this is a slef caused issue that you cannot blame on scotland or wales or ireland anymore than you can blame england,

Count the tory seats from scotland then england.. notice how this was an english choise not scottish, then they allowed budgets to be cut for investment in metal works in sheffield amongst other things such as the re-introduction of student fee's...

its one of those made your bed and sleep in it... sadly though this is a bed that is made about every 15 years as people are too stupid to realise the torries are certainley the worse of two evils!!

but its cute.. blame scotland and wales for your problems.. at least you'll get a sleep at night if its not your fault

Oh I certainly don't blame the celts for everything, much of the faults in England are English born, much of the problems are down to us, but you are now an unwanted dead weight.

The fact is, as much as you want to remain part of the UK, you'll break off soon whether you like it or not. The sooner the better. There's many, many more of us than you, if the people of England decide to revolt and drop from the union, there's sweet FA anyone else can do about it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

i am very aware we will,
however i think it will be a massive issue for both countries...

main reasons our oil will stay with us, there is alot still in the north sea,
Scotland will offer massive tax buffers for large industry to come in, which England arnt interested in doing so it will seem more efficient idea for indutry to use the resources land and tax (almost free) status they will get in scotland,

the british army will loose alot of numbers, there will have to be massive infastructure work done for both scotland and england/wales to build and rebuild military bases, barracks, police infastructure,

there are companies that freeley opperate between the uk that will then become foreign companies which means they will either close up or be taxed diffrent, there would need to be an entire border patrol, area built which again is anothe rfinancial outgoing.

English students who do go to University in Scotland (and vice versa) will not be allowed to do so so freely and thus there will be a massive impact in numbers of people in each country with specific qualifications as certain universities offer either certain courses or the best in the country for certain courses..

there is a massive social and financial burden to be taken on if this happens by both countries, if you do the numbers it is not a financial lucrative option for either party.

Also from the european union point of view, scotand would not be eligable to the european union and England would fall below a threshold for many levels of free trade and financial benefits that come from the entire country being one combined force in europe..

But hey what do i know.. im just a scrounging Jock

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

i am very aware we will,
however i think it will be a massive issue for both countries...

main reasons our oil will stay with us, there is alot still in the north sea,
Scotland will offer massive tax buffers for large industry to come in, which England arnt interested in doing so it will seem more efficient idea for indutry to use the resources land and tax (almost free) status they will get in scotland,

the british army will loose alot of numbers, there will have to be massive infastructure work done for both scotland and england/wales to build and rebuild military bases, barracks, police infastructure,

there are companies that freeley opperate between the uk that will then become foreign companies which means they will either close up or be taxed diffrent, there would need to be an entire border patrol, area built which again is anothe rfinancial outgoing.

English students who do go to University in Scotland (and vice versa) will not be allowed to do so so freely and thus there will be a massive impact in numbers of people in each country with specific qualifications as certain universities offer either certain courses or the best in the country for certain courses..

there is a massive social and financial burden to be taken on if this happens by both countries, if you do the numbers it is not a financial lucrative option for either party.

Also from the european union point of view, scotand would not be eligable to the european union and England would fall below a threshold for many levels of free trade and financial benefits that come from the entire country being one combined force in europe..

But hey what do i know.. im just a scrounging Jock

Sounds good to me! Get rid of the union and the Eurocrats have to leave us alone. Sounds like a plan.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This little blue planet sure is for a ride ain't it hehe!

You guys are on the forefront down there in England. This little northern country of mine is still on heavy sleep. You guys need to make a noise down there to make us wake up up here. Coma patiens everywhere you look at. As the saying goes it's all just smoke & mirrors. Let's clear the smoke first. When the smoke has vanished there's the mirror part left.

And it's goddamn pain in the ass...

Somehow I get a feeling about starting a mirror company so everyone gets one after this s**t is really starting to move forward from status quo
. 6 billion pieces needed.

Now don't start on me, I have two of them and I don't like what I see there... that's why it's pain in the ass. But it get's easier after a while.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
As was said a few posts before, the writing was on the wall a long time ago. I also took the plunge and left Blighty. Yes, for France. I have a good climate, good wine and good food. The taxes are lower, fuel prices about the same. This part of the country, South West, is very rural and you get a sense of freedom here.

Many of my friends come from UK to visit, they all tell the same story of doom and gloom. I weep for Britain, I really do.

The tipping point for me, to leave that is, was when I retired from the Armed Services. I did not have a job to walk straight into so, having just aquired a mortgage and a family to support, I took my cap in my hand and went to the DHSS. I was told, in no uncertain terms, that although I had served for 20 years, I was not entitled to a single penny from the stated as I had a small war pension. Now this pension would not even pay the mortgage, let alone support my kids. Basically I was sent packing. I asked what would qualify me. I was informed, if IO had never worked, or was an imigrant, I would be entitled to a cash payout and weekly income.

So, I decided to put Blighty behind me and start anew.

Thank you Sir, for your service. Thank you for protecting British interests in the South Atlantic, and thank you for scooping up what was left of the buddies and sealing them in a nice shiny black bag.

Now...............F Off.
edit on 31/8/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Spellin, as usual. I should have been a doctor.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
To be fair, undergraduate degrees have been devalued over the past 20 years to the extent that most are worthless. Perhaps it's a good thing we have less people going to university...

Just been looking at the annual exam results fiasco where the pupils are paraded on camera to open their envelopes stuffed with A grades. It's ridiculous. Giving out 'A's and 'B's like smarties has devalued the efforts - even of those who would have performed well 30 years ago.
Yet we are turning out graduates who can't spell.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

I hear that.
Newly Graduated students are like Light Houses in the Desert, Brilliant but Fing Useless.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Problem is... the torries are in Charge... they are the most eurocrat.. old boys from posh uni's you will never ever escape Europe fully when you have totally underqualified (at being a person) morons like Borris getting mayor of london and they always will as politics in theuk is about what school you went too, then wait 15 years for the torries or labour to be voted in again (as they will be voted in like clock work) then labour push to better for the people and make some mistakes along the way then torries take away as much as they can from the people and support privatisation.... but all of them have a love for eurocrats... because the ritish government are the most eurocrat of any country....

It wont work for britain, it wont work for the celtic nations and it wont work England.. what we need is a ntionwide push for industry, a schooling system for everyone not just the privelaged, medicine for those who need it to be free.. investment in alternative energy and a cut in benefits for those who arent willing to work (not everyone but those who left scholl and have been on benefits ever since... the jobs might be crap but they exsist)

thats what we need, less focus on blame and more focus on action...

if you would rather blame other factors for the issues in the uk then that is fine...
the problems are the missunderstanding of history and politics...
lack of proper education...
Ease of reciving benefits if you have never worked in your life
and mostly needless self importance....

these are what need to be addresses... any split of the country wont change these factors.. it'll just mean two/three or four countries (depending on who split from who) would have these issues indivdually...

Remeber as long as torries are in government things WILL NOT get better.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
As was said a few posts before, the writing was on the wall a long time ago. I also took the plunge and left Blighty. Yes, for France. I have a good climate, good wine and good food. The taxes are lower, fuel prices about the same. This part of the country, South West, is very rural and you get a sense of freedom here.

Many of my friends come from UK to visit, they all tell the same story of doom and gloom. I weep for Britain, I really do.

The tipping point for me, to leave that is, was when I retired from the Armed Services. I did not have a job to walk straight into so, having just aquired a mortgage and a family to support, I took my cap in my hand and went to the DHSS. I was told, in no uncertain terms, that although I had served for 20 years, I was not entitled to a single penny from the stated as I had a small war pension. Now this pension would not even pay the mortgage, let alone support my kids. Basically I was sent packing. I asked what would qualify me. I was informed, if IO had never worked, or was an imigrant, I would be entitled to a cash payout and weekly income.

So, I decided to put Blighty behind me and start anew.

Thank you Sir, for your service. Thank you for protecting British interests in the South Atlantic, and thank you for scooping up what was left of the buddies and sealing them in a nice shiny black bag.

Now...............F Off.
edit on 31/8/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Spellin, as usual. I should have been a doctor.

The government may not have appreciated you enough, but I guarantee the people most certainly do. Normal civilians are starting to clock on the poor treatment ex and serving personnel are receiving, and they aren't happy about it I assure you.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I have seriously considered doing the same.. i love france.. sadly i cant find a job over there at the moment, young family n stuff, so i need somthing stable before i leave

Your story rings true with many of my friends, lost there jobs, left army etc.. no benefits, other guys i grew up with, never worked a day, benefits, house paid for... its disgusting..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

But, my friend, it is not just Ex-Service members. People that have worked hard all their lives to help British indusrty are being thown on the S heap. People have given blood, sweat and tears for this Nation, only to have the stool pushed away from under them.

Whenever, I have a go at my French wife about the French, she simply plays a song called "England is Dying". I soon shut up.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join