It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Weird Hospital Experience and Its Implications

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
A year, year and a half ago, I had cause to go to the emergency room via ambulance for a suspected heart attack - it was a "pinched nerve in [My] spinal area," and My heart checked out ok.

While I was there, I had an encounter with a very weird nurse who was the one who administered the "muscle relaxer." I had an IV, and always before, the drugs had been injected inches above the needle, and I have perhaps experienced a sting at the site, but worse was the feelings I had when the drug rushed into My blood stream and I flushed.

In this case, this weird nurse - almost robotic in behavior - took My hand and was aiming for about the place where I was already injected with the IV, but then turned My hand so that I could not see where the needle was going. Now, I am a needlephobe. I can't watch injections on TV. As the back of My hand was turned away from My sight, I clenched My eyes and turned My head slightly away.

Then, a most excruciating pain hit Me from the back of My hand and I said, "DAMN!" while flinching. Truly, it felt like something was being pushed into My flesh.

She still had My hand firmly in Hers as She replied, "I know. This kind of medicine hurts a lot when it goes in." No emotion. No connection.

There was no experience of drugs in My system (and I am hyper-aware of THAT, as a rule).

Since then, the back of My left hand has tingled. Been uncomfortable. And lately I can detect a bump.

I have MY ideas of what happened to Me at the hospital. What are Yours?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

have you had your hand x-rayed to see if there us anything there?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a nanobot?

That is weird, what was the drug she allegedly gave you? Maybe you ought to have it looked at. Do you think it was a chip?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzareptile

have you had your hand x-rayed to see if there us anything there?

Well, there's the rub. I would have to go up to the hospital to have it done. I am on social services, so I avoid any unnecessary medical expense to begin with, and I have little choice of where I get My services. I surely don't have funds to pay a private doctor to x-ray at this time. Should that change, I will do so.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Sounds like a mild allergy to me. I know morphine makes your blood feel on fire, for a bout a minute after they administer it. So it could have been morphine but the bump forming tells me allergy. Though it would be minor, or you'd be seeing serious problems from it.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I nearly always have to have IV"s and blood draws taken from the top of my hand. It really hurts, especially if the person inserting the needle isn't very careful. Sometimes, I have swelling, pain, and tingling for a while after wards as well. My guess is that she chose to use your hand because she didn't think she could get the job done in one stick or your veins were not optimal for the injection elsewhere. That being said, a good nurse would have at least explained what she was doing and that it would be uncomfortable.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well if there is something there and it is metal there is a easy way to find out. Just get you hand near a high magnetic field like a bulk tape eraser or something and if there is a bit of metal there you will feel it move. A good metal detector should be able to pick it up as well.

On a side note I once worked in a mill and this co-worker told me that ever time he went into the switch gear room he felt a odd tinging in his leg. I told him what I though and it turns out he had a bit of metal in his leg. He had no idea on have it got there.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
a nanobot?

That is weird, what was the drug she allegedly gave you? Maybe you ought to have it looked at. Do you think it was a chip?

They didn't tell Me and I was rather freaking out with the pain and all to think of it.

To answer Your question, though, I absolutely do think I was chipped. I came in on a social services benefit card.... Yeah, I think They're chipping Us.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Posting double again.
edit on 8/28/2011 by Amaterasu because: Double Post

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
My first thought was...oh no...she was implanted with a chip....I hope not. I would certainly have my hand x-rayed by someone I trust.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komaratzi11
I nearly always have to have IV"s and blood draws taken from the top of my hand. It really hurts, especially if the person inserting the needle isn't very careful. Sometimes, I have swelling, pain, and tingling for a while after wards as well. My guess is that she chose to use your hand because she didn't think she could get the job done in one stick or your veins were not optimal for the injection elsewhere. That being said, a good nurse would have at least explained what she was doing and that it would be uncomfortable.

I agree that the needle insertion can be painful, but She was adding something to My IV - already in place, and NOT painful. At least that's what They SAID they were doing.

My hand was already chosen for Her, therefore.
edit on 8/28/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Sounds like a mild allergy to me. I know morphine makes your blood feel on fire, for a bout a minute after they administer it. So it could have been morphine but the bump forming tells me allergy. Though it would be minor, or you'd be seeing serious problems from it.

I agree that My sensations when I usually get injections may be from something like that. My point in this story was that I DIDN'T have that sensation, and They DIDN'T use My IV (as far as I could tell).

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
Well if there is something there and it is metal there is a easy way to find out. Just get you hand near a high magnetic field like a bulk tape eraser or something and if there is a bit of metal there you will feel it move. A good metal detector should be able to pick it up as well.

On a side note I once worked in a mill and this co-worker told me that ever time he went into the switch gear room he felt a odd tinging in his leg. I told him what I though and it turns out he had a bit of metal in his leg. He had no idea on have it got there.

I have an industrial neodymium magnet... Maybe that would be enough. Let Me try it...

Back. I think there's some metal there. I really feel something when I take the magnet and run it in circular motion near my hand.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You can rest assured. You're thinking there's a chip inside of you, but there isn't.

If they injected a chip now a days, you would not feel it or see it.

A bump is a damaged vein. When she broke the skin, then the vein, it damaged the vein because she either jabbed it in, or went in at the wrong angle.

Either way, your vein was damaged and it didn't heal properly in the process for whatever reason, thus the bump. She held your hand too hard when the vein was pierced and it wasn't allowed to heal properly so it bunched in one place.

No reason to be paranoid here. As far as her personality was, man, you haven't been in hospitals much have you? I've spent over half my life in them. Her behavior is normal.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
You can rest assured. You're thinking there's a chip inside of you, but there isn't.

If they injected a chip now a days, you would not feel it or see it.

A bump is a damaged vein. When she broke the skin, then the vein, it damaged the vein because she either jabbed it in, or went in at the wrong angle.

Hmmm. So why did the bump become noticeable more than a year after the incident? Why has it been tingling and uncomfortable for a year and a halfish?

Either way, your vein was damaged and it didn't heal properly in the process for whatever reason, thus the bump. She held your hand too hard when the vein was pierced and it wasn't allowed to heal properly so it bunched in one place.

Um... She told Me She was going to add the muscle relaxer to the IV... What I experienced was NOT an addition to the IV.

No reason to be paranoid here. As far as her personality was, man, you haven't been in hospitals much have you? I've spent over half my life in them. Her behavior is normal.

And I think there is plenty of reason to be suspicious. HIGHLY suspicious. "Paranoid?" No. Suspicious.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
My first thought was...oh no...she was implanted with a chip....I hope not. I would certainly have my hand x-rayed by someone I trust.

If I get money to do so, I surely will.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I'm just trying to help you out ma'am, but I feel whatever I say, despite my knowledge, will not suffice.

A damaged vein could show up that instant, at the time of the stick, or years later. Getting a stick in the hand is one of the most sensitive parts of the body, and nurses LOVE to give sticks in the hand, but I don't recommend it because we use our hands every second of the day.

Did you bang your hand recently? It may have been a big smack, or so small it didn't register with you. Did you bang your hand, let's say, as you walked from the kitchen to the living room and you smacked it on the side of the wall as you swing your arms as you're walking? Did you hit your hand on the handles as you walked past the refrigerator? Could have been anywhere, any size hit. Maybe you hit the back of your hand on a shopping cart handle as you lifted your arm up to hold onto the cart handle.

Honestly, nothing to be suspicious about. It's vein damage in the sensitive part of the back of the hand brought on by a blunt aggravation, big or small.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Is it near the surface? If so, I would cut it out myself (with a friend to assist). Then if you feel you need medical attention, make up a story about how you hurt your hand.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Komaratzi11

You're taught to start IVs in hand first and work you way up the arm. Sometime you hit a nerve when sticking someone and it hurts for weeks. The hand contains lots of nerves and small veins. Depending on the medication to be given you may have to start higher on the arm because some medications will burn small veins. If not getting an IV isn't an option then depending on protocol you go for the shoulder, neck, clavicle and legs. In babies and small children bone infusion may be an option. In the ER any and all including cut downs to get at the veins are possible.

Techs drawing blood usually start with the inner elbow because it's a big vein and easy to find. For infusions it's not the best because you bend you arm too much and pull the catheter out. Immobilizing the arm is inconvenient for the patient as well as the staff.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

OK , there is metal in there so you need to find out more. You may be able to find another way to x-ray your hand. Do you know any one that works for a vet or a dentist? Do you have any freinds at the local airport? If you think about it some you may just find a x-ray machine you can use for next to nothing if not nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join