It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Weird Hospital Experience and Its Implications

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

That's what happens when your spine is messed up, pain and uncontrollable movements, been there. Has to be the most pain I have ever felt in my life even up to today.I impacted a nerve in my neck.
Maybe its not pain in your hand maybe its in your spine.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder

I'm just trying to help you out ma'am, but I feel whatever I say, despite my knowledge, will not suffice.

A damaged vein could show up that instant, at the time of the stick, or years later. Getting a stick in the hand is one of the most sensitive parts of the body, and nurses LOVE to give sticks in the hand, but I don't recommend it because we use our hands every second of the day.

Did you bang your hand recently? It may have been a big smack, or so small it didn't register with you. Did you bang your hand, let's say, as you walked from the kitchen to the living room and you smacked it on the side of the wall as you swing your arms as you're walking? Did you hit your hand on the handles as you walked past the refrigerator? Could have been anywhere, any size hit. Maybe you hit the back of your hand on a shopping cart handle as you lifted your arm up to hold onto the cart handle.

Honestly, nothing to be suspicious about. It's vein damage in the sensitive part of the back of the hand brought on by a blunt aggravation, big or small.

Let's let go of the bump and its recent appearance. How do You explain that I was told the stuff was going to be added to the IV, and the approach was towards my hand and not the IV line - and that it felt more like I was being injected with an object. And that I did NOT have the usual "rush/flush" I get (if it created THAT much pain in injection, SURELY I would have felt it in My system) when injected with stuff.

How the bump came to be is rather a side question to explaining the experience.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Universer
Is it near the surface? If so, I would cut it out myself (with a friend to assist). Then if you feel you need medical attention, make up a story about how you hurt your hand.

I'm such a wimp. I tell ya.

I will consider this suggestion, but I dunno... Deliberately cutting Myself... Eeek.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
reply to post by Komaratzi11

You're taught to start IVs in hand first and work you way up the arm. Sometime you hit a nerve when sticking someone and it hurts for weeks. The hand contains lots of nerves and small veins. Depending on the medication to be given you may have to start higher on the arm because some medications will burn small veins. If not getting an IV isn't an option then depending on protocol you go for the shoulder, neck, clavicle and legs. In babies and small children bone infusion may be an option. In the ER any and all including cut downs to get at the veins are possible.

Techs drawing blood usually start with the inner elbow because it's a big vein and easy to find. For infusions it's not the best because you bend you arm too much and pull the catheter out. Immobilizing the arm is inconvenient for the patient as well as the staff.

Ok. Maybe I failed to be clear... When I was first put into the ambulance, I was given an IV. No unusual discomfort. The IV needle remained in my vein until the end, when They removed it. Towards the end of My stay, this nurse and a doctor came in and told me it was just a pinched nerve and that They were going to inject a muscle relaxer into My IV. I was surprised a bit when the nurse picked up My hand and started towards it with the needle.

In past experience, My hand was never touched. They grabbed the IV line and injected whatever it was into the line. Out of reflex, I closed My eyes and turned away when I saw the needle coming for Me, then experiencing something that was NOTHING like what I have experienced in the past. It felt as if something was being jammed into My flesh. And I did NOT get the usual "rush/flush" that I get when injected.

And My hand has tingled and had periods of extreme discomfort ever since.

All this weirdness suggests that I did NOT have happen to Me what They said was happening.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967

OK , there is metal in there so you need to find out more. You may be able to find another way to x-ray your hand. Do you know any one that works for a vet or a dentist? Do you have any freinds at the local airport? If you think about it some you may just find a x-ray machine you can use for next to nothing if not nothing.

I have no transportation (the airport is miles away) and no friends that work with x-ray machines, sadly. But I am impressed with Your idea. Thank You. [smile]

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by timmhaines

That's what happens when your spine is messed up, pain and uncontrollable movements, been there. Has to be the most pain I have ever felt in my life even up to today.I impacted a nerve in my neck.
Maybe its not pain in your hand maybe its in your spine.

I think You missed the point here. What I was there for is peripheral to the point. Read the clarification I gave in the post above (or maybe two posts up...).

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Do you have pets? My vet has a chip reader and once checked my dog's chip that the shelter that rescued her implanted. I thought it had drifted, but he passed it over her and it beeped and the number came up. Not sure if that kind of reader would work on a human though. I hope you find out, that would make me nuts to think I got chipped!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Have you tried reading things by people that claim they were implanted with things? From what I have read such victims rarely have stuff put into their bodies in places likely to show up later, like the back of the hand that would receive many bumps and bangs in everyday living.

Most implants retrieved from people are in armpits, mouth and such similar places that are more out of the way and protected.

However if you go looking you might find similar stories that help you understand or figure it out

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
Do you have pets? My vet has a chip reader and once checked my dog's chip that the shelter that rescued her implanted. I thought it had drifted, but he passed it over her and it beeped and the number came up. Not sure if that kind of reader would work on a human though. I hope you find out, that would make me nuts to think I got chipped!

I have unchipped pets. A couple of cats. I suppose I could check out vets offices...but with no money, it may be a hard sell to have any look at My hand.

Thanks for the suggestion!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed

Have you tried reading things by people that claim they were implanted with things? From what I have read such victims rarely have stuff put into their bodies in places likely to show up later, like the back of the hand that would receive many bumps and bangs in everyday living.

Most implants retrieved from people are in armpits, mouth and such similar places that are more out of the way and protected.

However if you go looking you might find similar stories that help you understand or figure it out

I will do some research. Thank You. I figure that if They are implanting the poor (which I qualified as, being there on a social services benefits card), They likely have to put the implant where They can make excuses for putting it there. I doubt They could have excused an armpit or My mouth. They used the IV as a pretense, I think, but when the nurse took up My hand to "inject the muscle relaxer into the IV," rather than the IV line, I was freaked out. And then the pain and what felt like something being forced into My flesh...

Yeah. Thinking I have been chipped does rather creep Me out.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Next time you go to see the DR or Nurse, just explain that procedure and let them know that you have had problems in that area ever since, see if they can tell you exactly what they injected in that site as it was not anything they put into the IV at the time.

I would not doubt that they are chipping the medicaid patients but then to say anything would be a mental disorder or paranoia.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

Yes or run it over the cashregister next time you go to the market... a great suggestion BTW.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join