It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Of Horrors!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Another note to those who want to be vegetarians: you don't have to stop eating eggs. Egg protein has what you'd called "complete protein"(although I'm not sure if this really has any importance, just want to be sure) that you can only get from meat.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Cancer Facts - Meat Consumption and Cancer Risk

Carcinogenic Compounds

in Cooked Meat Heterocyclic Amines HCAs, a family of mutagenic compounds, are produced during the cooking process of many animal products, including chicken, beef, pork, and fish. Even meat that is cooked under normal grilling, frying, or oven-broiling may contain significant quantities of these mutagens.

Breast Cancer

Countries with a higher intake of fat, especially fat from animal products, such as meat and dairy products, have a higher incidence of breast cancer.

Colorectal Cancer

As with breast cancer, frequent consumption of meat, particularly red meat, is associated with an increased risk of colon cancer.

Prostate Cancer

Prostate cancer is one of the leading cancers among men in the U.S., and researchers have explored a number of possible dietary factors contributing to prostate cancer risk. These include dietary fat, saturated fat, dairy products, and meat, as well as dietary factors that may decrease risk, such as the consumption of carotenoids and other antioxidants, fiber, and fruit. As with breast cancer risk, a man’s intake of dietary fat, which is abundant in meat and other animal products, increases testosterone production, which in turn increases prostate cancer risk.

Other Cancers

Although not as extensively studied as breast, colon, and prostate cancer risk, a number of studies have concluded that meat consumption may play a significant role in kidney and pancreatic cancer risk.

Conclusion

Two themes consistently emerge from studies of cancer from many sites: vegetables and fruits help to reduce risk, while meat, animal products, and other fatty foods are frequently found to increase risk.

link[/url

consumption[url=http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/scientists-confirm-direct-link-between-bowel-cancer-and-red-meat-consumpti on-2288112.html]Scientists confirm direct link between bowel cancer and red meat

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Really people, where do you think your food comes from... pixey fairy lah lah land. It is food.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Look up the Nazi German atrocities under Hitler and Mao Zetong on youtube.The most shocking stuff I ever seen.It is frightening.Look up the Nazi centration camp footage.Start to appreaciate human life way more hopefully.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

And to think they did it to people, but were kinder to animals. Hitler was said to be both a vegetarian and animal rights actdivist.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If someone saw you doing this two an animal in the street, or in your backyard - you would probably get arrested for animal cruelty.

Humans Suck.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki2012

Yeah, that's a well rounded and adjusted response.

But back on topic. We do everything within our means to make whatever it is we're doing, more profitable. If that means subjugating animals to abuse, then so be it. All in the name of the almighty dollar. Instead of "removing humans" from the earth as "Anunaki2012" suggested, how about we simply change what we deem acceptable? Of course we'd have to enforce it too. To many slaughterhouses world wide are let go when caught abusing their animals. No more.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I actually think this whole thread is about as funny as it could be.

Let me first say Peta is a bunch of bull#. I personally think the lady that runs it is a nut job.

I suppose those chicks need some kind of counseling before the go to the chopper.

Why is this so stupid? Maybe you view it as inhuman. I view it like this. I'll put it in list form cause lists are just so much fun.

1. Tell me what other purpose a chicken has in the "circle of life" none, except to be food.

2. Tell me what purpose a cow has in the "circle of life" none except food and a good lawn mower.

3. When is the last time you saw a cheetah petting it's prey and telling it, everything is going to be ok.

4. If animals have feelings and plants have feelings. I suppose were all going to starve because it's so cruel to eat living things.

5. There were definitely things put on earth for us to eat. Such as cows and chickens and well others.

6. If your one of those that says my dog is part of my family. Remember that when there is nothing left to eat. In my house fido will be the first to go.

7. I love it when a Dog Bites someones face off and the victim says I forgive the dog. The dog doesn't care if you forgive him, they don't speak english.

8. Animals are not human beings no they don't have the ability to create anything outside their capability. They don't want to communicate with us. They only act that way because you control their food.

9. Thank god our ancestors didn't care about animals feelings. They would have starved and froze to death. Maybe we should give all animals an acre and a mule.

10. Killing animals is not inhumane when we kill people for robbing house it's justified but kill a dog for eating a chicken from the chicken coup and it's inhumane.

11. Ladies and gentleman animal lovers of all ages. Animals do not share a thought process like we do. They don't talk to you, you may think they do. But they don't. Dressing them up to make them look human doesn't mean they won't # on your floor because you have made them more human by dressing them up in a dog sweater. (they come with fur by the way the don't need sweaters).

12. I know you think that when they lick your face it's because the love you. But the also lick their asses. So what does that mean.

13. Without humans all animals would be just fine. Where the hell do you think they came from!! Yes they came from the wilderness. Yes Fido and Tabby their ancestors lived outside.

14, In the wild animals eat animals in no specific order. And they don't try to be nice about it. The sink their teeth and have dinner.

15. Last but not least. And this is where I'm gonna get flack. You know the dog that laid at the coffin of that fallen soldier. Do you think he drove his car there to attend the funeral? I'm just sayin.

Animals are Not people folks. They are animals. Chopped up, or in the wild they are just animals. We kill them for food and animals kill animals for food. This is just silliness and people have become to over sensitive.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IlluminatusOculus33

Funny sheep felling like chicken tonight. I remember that commercial, its got a catchy tune, the kind that sticks in your head and pops out at the most weird of times.

But hey they say you are what you eat, so does that mean that all those who eat chicken....are chicken.

And those who eat pigs...are pigs.

I ques there is some truth to the whole "you are what you eat thing" Because I have known some pigs who eat a lot of pig meat, and a lot of chickens who eat chicken meat.

So all these straight no meat vegetarians who only eat vegetarian food and plants, what will they become? If they eat nothing but vegetables will they become a vegetable?
Who knows eh! Maybe this you are what you eat only works up to a point, or it is all just bunk to begin with. Who knows, we will see.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by np6888

A complete protein (or whole protein) is a source of protein that contains an adequate proportion of all nine of the essential amino acids necessary for the dietary needs of humans or other animals. link

Nearly all whole foods contain protein, and nearly all forms of protein contain all twenty protein-forming amino acids in some quantity. However, proportions vary, and some forms of protein are partly lacking in one or more of the essential amino acids. Meals prepared with a mix of protein foods can provide a better balance of the essential amino acids and therefore a more complete protein source.

Some foods contain all the essential amino acids on their own in a sufficient amount to qualify as a "complete protein". Complete protein foods that also obtain the highest possible PDCAAS score of 1.0 are certain dairy products (including whey), egg whites, and soy protein isolate. Other foods, such as amaranth, Aphanizomenon flos-aquae[citation needed], buckwheat, hempseed, meat, poultry, soybeans, quinoa, seafood, and spirulina also are complete protein foods, but may not obtain a PDCAAS score of 1.0.[1][6]

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

It is not by the principles of humanity that man lives or is able to preserve himself above the animal world. This is very simply a chickens place in this world.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery
Everything causes cancer. Eat up!!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Vegetables have B vitamins, so that's not the reason that those infants die. The reason, I suspect, is that vegetables are very low in calories AND get absorbed very slowly(essentially the opposite of sugar). But this is the very reason that vegetables are considered healthy. It's the perfect food for the modern "sedentary lifestyle." However, it can only work for adults, because without a sufficient amount of stored fat, it can be dangerous, if kept up for too long.

In the end, it's really the lack of calories, not the lack of nutrients, that matters. Not to say that nutrients are unimportant, but looking at the various diets(most diets are devoid of most nutrients), I think it's the calories, not the nutrients, that are the most important.

For the infants, what I'm guessing is that their parents are not feeding them enough. Since vegetables are very low in calories and take a while to digest, you can see that "in between," the infant can still feel hungry. And if they kept that up, and without a storage of fat, then one can see how the infant may eventually die of starvation. Still, if this was happening, the infants would keep crying, as a warning, and if the parents ignored those cries, then clearly they have erred, or erred in their understanding of how nutrition works completely.

BTW, Hayden Panitierre and Carrie Underwood are vegetarians(although it's possible that their parents knew what kind of nutrients they need, and I admit, the vegetarians diet is more complex, in getting the nutrients you need), so I doubt that they die after 7 years. While I can't conclude anything about the vegeterians' longevity, I can say with much positivity that vegetarians have better skin(provided that they eat a sufficient amount of protein) and "possibly" a better chance of growing up beautiful than meat eaters.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
Its time for Mankind to leave this planet, i mean serious..we all have to die..we are not worth it to live.

You start.

Anyhow, it seems like big industry to me. not sure what the point is. Ya, sucks to be bottom of the food chain I guess.

I guess if you fully oppose it, yet love chicken, you can simply raise your own and give them all sorts of love and attention before lopping their head off and eating them. End result is the same.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

All good point bro, I especially like number 15 the one about how the dog cant drive the car to his masters funeral.
You know I think your on to something there.

I have noticed that dogs cant drive, and they also cant speak English, and I have tried to talk to them in other languages as well and they cant speak those languages either. Go figure eh.

Animals are Not people folks. They are animals. Chopped up, or in the wild they are just animals. We kill them for food and animals kill animals for food. This is just silliness and people have become to over sensitive.

Ah! But you forget one thing people/humans are animals, and therefore they can be as tasty as any other animals out there. I mean whats to stop something that has as much power over the human animal, as the human animal has over the other animals. From deciding that the this particular animal which creates funny unintelligent noises with its flaps is very delicious?

I mean it cant even beem or fly to a different galaxy so therefore it must be unintelligent, and therefore I think it stands as good a chance at being food as all the other animals out there.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Oh, and one more comment on this.

I would bet a nickle that most of the people here raising their fist at this treatment is also the ones that would scorn fake meat being produced in a lab through genetic engineering. Nothing like condemning everything no matter what.

Lets all eat sunshine and rainbows

7 billion people folks...not everyone can have a nice 2 acre farm and eat vegan burgers.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Your cancer "facts" are outdated BS.Just a few months ago articles were bieng released about red meat actually reducing your cancer risk.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The american food industry is a very highly protected and secret system.....ask Oprah

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki2012

You sound like the elite who want most people to die so they can have the planet to themselves. I am sorry, but people like you make me sick. We were put on this planet, but some jerks wanted to be greedy and torture animals.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
Its time for Mankind to leave this planet, i mean serious..we all have to die..we are not worth it to live.

You start.

Anyhow, it seems like big industry to me. not sure what the point is. Ya, sucks to be bottom of the food chain I guess.

I guess if you fully oppose it, yet love chicken, you can simply raise your own and give them all sorts of love and attention before lopping their head off and eating them. End result is the same.

Not true bro. There is a humane way to raise animals even if they are going to eventually be slaughtered. They live a life or torture VERSUS a close to normal life before the end.
edit on 28-8-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

bahh don't make me laugh you muppet

How about you link up one of these articles

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join